• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I totally missed that. That would have been a cool leak to witness
I remember that leak, though I remember seeing an actual picture of the roster right before release.

I was genuinely confused by a lot of the choices and thought it was kinda bad tbh, I was also really sad that Mewtwo was cut, I found it hard to believe as he was my favorite character. I was excited to see Wolf, at least.

LancerJayden

Smash Rookie
i hope that k rool isn't an assist trophy. it would be nice to have more villians and donkey kong characters in the game! (add me as a supporter!)

Last edited:

LancerJayden

Smash Rookie
Thanks! Ya know ,King K rool always reminded me of ridley in a lot of ways. both villains, both would be part of series that only have had 2 characters since brawl (metroid had samus and z-suit samus, and donkey kong had... well donkey kong and diddy kong) and both are highly requested. and since ridley has been added for the metroid fans, K rool would be the best rep for the dk series in my opinion (dixie is cool too but i think we need more villians and k rool would have a more unique moveset)

D

Deleted member

I do remember I think it was some guy in Japan, who got the game a day early, he was live streaming. Smash 3DS on Twitch and characters like Duck Hunt, were unveiled in that way. Was something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
K. Rool's line of sight will probably be above Bowser and close to Ganondorf.

Something like this.
I feel that K. Rool would probably be among the tallest fighters if he get the playable cut. Probably being taller than Ganondorf, but not quite tall enough to rival Ridley's height whenever he's standing up straight.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I would love for K. Rool to wave at the Fourth Wall and flex his muscles as one of his taunts going "YEAH!" lol

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
DKC was my first ever game, the entire series holds a very special place in my gamer's heart. I believe I joined the Krew years ago, so I should be on the manifest. Now that Wolf is back and Ridley is finally in, I think K. Rool and Dixie are all Smash needs to be perfect. I mean, there are a few other characters I like and support, but I'm not looking to get too greedy here. These two are LONG overdue, IMO.

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh, its good being back
Last time I checked in was in 2015 with the whole Ballot debate.
Cool to see that things didn't change around here, I literally screamed when Ridley was revealed since I always wanted his inclusion in Melee times
I was in the K. Rool klub back in 2015, and I am now. I'd love to finally have him revealed, let's hope Sakurai gives it a chance.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I'm so tired of waiting... 153 days until the game is released. TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW SAKURAI!

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm actually really hoping that this 9th of July rumour is true. Just because I want something ... I don't care who it is, but that it at least is someone new. That would keep us hype, and in discussion mode for at least a month further.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Amen to that. We already know the characters that are being "spotit?" "Spotlighted?" in the blog. It's almost like Sakurai wants to torture us XD

TBone06

Smash Ace
I remember my dad getting Donkey Kong Country for Christmas when it came out. The following Christmas, I got DKC2, and the following Christmas I got DKC3. I can remember beating all three as a youngn' and I've beat all three multiple times since (2 being my personal favourite). It's such a fond memory as a kid, and I still hold it dear to my heart.

As a huge fan of the series, I think it's barbaric that the King hasn't been made playable in Smash yet. It is long overdue. He just has so much character and potential. It's a no brainer to me, and like my boy Geno, I think now is his best chance. I'd love to see him finally in, and then brought back to the DK series as the main antagonist. I'm with you guys and gals! Supporting all the way!

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I'm actually really hoping that this 9th of July rumour is true. Just because I want something ... I don't care who it is, but that it at least is someone new. That would keep us hype, and in discussion mode for at least a month further.
I feel like it'll be bad news. I don't know I'm afraid

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I remember my dad getting Donkey Kong Country for Christmas when it came out. The following Christmas, I got DKC2, and the following Christmas I got DKC3. I can remember beating all three as a youngn' and I've beat all three multiple times since (2 being my personal favourite). It's such a fond memory as a kid, and I still hold it dear to my heart.

As a huge fan of the series, I think it's barbaric that the King hasn't been made playable in Smash yet. It is long overdue. He just has so much character and potential. It's a no brainer to me, and like my boy Geno, I think now is his best chance. I'd love to see him finally in, and then brought back to the DK series as the main antagonist. I'm with you guys and gals! Supporting all the way!
I too received DKC3 as a wee lad one Christmas morning. I remember my dad getting frustrated because I was more interested in that Snes game, rather than the new PS1 he got me that same day! Good times.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Not to destroy your hopes or anyone else's hopes, but I ended up doing more research and I apparently found out that the so called "riddler" who posted those riddles was simply speculating and that they had no evidence to back up their claims on those riddles.

As much as I want to see K. Rool in a few days, I don't feel this will be his time... yet.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
I too received DKC3 as a wee lad one Christmas morning. I remember my dad getting frustrated because I was more interested in that Snes game, rather than the new PS1 he got me that same day! Good times.
I never got into Playstation. There were too many series I was interested in with Nintendo and my parents and sister felt the same way. The DKC games for the SNES are all in my top 10. So much to find. The hidden bonus areas were GENIUS. I found the K. Rool boss fights solid in all three games. In DKC2 the gas that inverts your controller is still one of the biggest piss offs in that entire game. I get frustrated every time!

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
In some ways I feel revealing that everyone is back in the game, while making for a hype trailer has also left basically nothing to get hyped about. Prehapes not the smartest move on their part. It wouldnt be so bad if the updates on the site were of more new stuff rather then just showing videos of characters we could see from day one.

Not only does it make keeping a discussion about it hard to keep up, but with the knowledge that there really wont be many newcomers, character speculation is way tighter this time around. Its hard to have hope for a ton of characters knowing that its a much tighter competition to get in. I would say it gives K.Rool an even better chance, but considering that Sakurai was able to make excuses for why Ridley wasn't in for 2 installments, its hard to know if he has some excuse up his sleeve for why K.rool cant be in as well.

I really hope they plan to eventually drop some decent sized news somewhere between now and release or im going to chew all my nails down to the bone in worry.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Then again, we haven't seen anything on game modes yet, and there are still a bunch of Assists/Pokémon/items left unrevealed, and we don't know much about stages beyond the ones people have recognized in the backgrounds of images (FoD please).

I feel like we'll only get a random trailer here and there, but one should be coming pretty soon (Robin/Lucy dropped a month after E3, so something around the week of the 16th or 23rd woud be plausible. Of course, they also didn't say much at E3 outside of Smash so a general Direct for Fall/Winter releases in mid-august is a huge possibility. Also there'll definitely be a Smash Direct end of October/beginning of November to talk about nothing but game modes.

Still a few chances here, but considering we're all still talking, it means that we're all still hyped...

And look! We're exactly 5 months out!

StormC

Smash Hero
I feel that K. Rool would probably be among the tallest fighters if he get the playable cut. Probably being taller than Ganondorf, but not quite tall enough to rival Ridley's height whenever he's standing up straight.
He's not going to be taller than Battlefield platforms. Being taller than Ganondorf would push that limit.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
He's not going to be taller than Battlefield platforms. Being taller than Ganondorf would push that limit.
If I recall correctly, K. Rool is a bit taller than Bowser. The size difference between Ganondorf and K. Rool doesn't necessarily have to be large.

TBone06

Smash Ace
In some ways I feel revealing that everyone is back in the game, while making for a hype trailer has also left basically nothing to get hyped about. Prehapes not the smartest move on their part. It wouldnt be so bad if the updates on the site were of more new stuff rather then just showing videos of characters we could see from day one.

Not only does it make keeping a discussion about it hard to keep up, but with the knowledge that there really wont be many newcomers, character speculation is way tighter this time around. Its hard to have hope for a ton of characters knowing that its a much tighter competition to get in. I would say it gives K.Rool an even better chance, but considering that Sakurai was able to make excuses for why Ridley wasn't in for 2 installments, its hard to know if he has some excuse up his sleeve for why K.rool cant be in as well.

I really hope they plan to eventually drop some decent sized news somewhere between now and release or im going to chew all my nails down to the bone in worry.
I really don't know what excuses he can use at this point. It's not like he's owned by Rare. I don't quite know what the relationship is between Rare and Nintendo, but MAYBE in the past that played a role when they were on rocky terms and Microsoft bought them.

He can't use a "too big" argument as he made Ridley work.

I think "relevance" plays a factor, but I think popularity can trump that at times. Sakurai clearly addressed the popularity with the costume, so I think he knows people want him. I have a good feeling, but I'll always be cautiously optimistic.

StormC

Smash Hero
If I recall correctly, K. Rool is a bit taller than Bowser. The size difference between Ganondorf and K. Rool doesn't necessarily have to be large.
Anything more than a few pixels and his face probably goes through Battlefield. Don’t see any reason to keep him above Ganon - not like Smash is anal about canon size to begin with.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Not to destroy your hopes or anyone else's hopes, but I ended up doing more research and I apparently found out that the so called "riddler" who posted those riddles was simply speculating and that they had no evidence to back up their claims on those riddles.

As much as I want to see K. Rool in a few days, I don't feel this will be his time... yet.
guess we have to wait til smash brothers 34 for him to be playable

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
guess we have to wait til smash brothers 34 for him to be playable
I wouldn't give up hope because of that, though: I really think it's still possible we'll see him soon, hopefully as part of the base roster. Sakurai knows of his demand, and I'm almost positive those Mii Costume assets will be used for something pretty Kool...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Anything more than a few pixels and his face probably goes through Battlefield. Don’t see any reason to keep him above Ganon - not like Smash is anal about canon size to begin with.
If worse comes to worse, the Battlefield platforms could always be positioned higher. I believe that was the case when comparing the Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U versions of that stage.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I wouldn't give up hope because of that, though: I really think it's still possible we'll see him soon, hopefully as part of the base roster. Sakurai knows of his demand, and I'm almost positive those Mii Costume assets will be used for something pretty Kool...
let's sure hope so man

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

The "riddle/imgur" leak has nothing to do with the original "website dates" leak. It was a piggyback at best.

Not that the July 9th leak has anything to it, but they're definitely separate. The original poster gave us definite characters (and had no idea who was in November) while the "riddle" leak had two characters for November.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The "riddle/imgur" leak has nothing to do with the original "website dates" leak. It was a piggyback at best.

Not that the July 9th leak has anything to it, but they're definitely separate. The original poster gave us definite characters (and had no idea who was in November) while the "riddle" leak had two characters for November.
Wait, so you're saying that the July 9th leak and the leak with the Dark Matter eye image are separate? I'm a bit mixed up here.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait, so you're saying that the July 9th leak and the leak with the Dark Matter eye image are separate? I'm a bit mixed up here.
Oh they're 100% different leaks. Just another couple in the 4chan bucket of constant fake ****.

July 9th leak, the original, at least, specifically said K. Rool on the 9th

The riddle/dark matter eye leak is actually separate from the one I was talking about, and doesn't specifically mention any characters. Just a bunch of vague descriptors. Of course, the eye could be a hint towards K. Rool too, since Dark Matter is *very* unlikely, but it's definitely a different leak.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Oh they're 100% different leaks. Just another couple in the 4chan bucket of constant fake ****.

July 9th leak, the original, at least, specifically said K. Rool on the 9th

The riddle/dark matter eye leak is actually separate from the one I was talking about, and doesn't specifically mention any characters. Just a bunch of vague descriptors. Of course, the eye could be a hint towards K. Rool too, since Dark Matter is *very* unlikely, but it's definitely a different leak.
Ah, ok: I suppose the main question is if any of these leaks are actually true or have any credibility, especially the one with the Dark Matter eye image since people seem to be taking it much more seriously then usual.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Is there a leak going around that Dark Matter from Kirby is going to be in? While I dont much believe it, I honestly would adore if the flying eyeball form got in smash, just because I feel it would be really cool to see it fight with the orange floating orbs, lasers and dark energy stuff it could throw around.

That being said, I really wouldn't put much faith into any leaks you hear. Even the on that guessed Snake, Iceclimbers and Ridley doesnt phase me much. It was mostly right, but then you get enough people posting fake leaks, your eventually going to find someone will guess right. Unless they have solid screen shots of some kind, or have a reputation for getting leaks correct, I wouldn't look too deep into it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ah, ok: I suppose the main question is if any of these leaks are actually true or have any credibility, especially the one with the Dark Matter eye image since people seem to be taking it much more seriously then usual.
Do they? I haven't seen any more discussion about that one than normal, though I guess I don't frequent any other threads on SWF, mostly keep to Discords. Nothing to suggest it isn't just another leak, honestly. Unless I'm mistaken?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Do they? I haven't seen any more discussion about that one than normal, though I guess I don't frequent any other threads on SWF, mostly keep to Discords. Nothing to suggest it isn't just another leak, honestly. Unless I'm mistaken?
I think we'll just have to wait and see, honestly: it is 4Chan though, so it's a pretty big mixed bag on whether a leak like that could be true or false.

Top Bottom