• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

D

Deleted member

What are these K.Rool AT leaks i keep hearing about?
Some guy on 4chan posted about some direct, happening this month, said K. Rool would be an assist trophy, wouldn't put much stock in it. Probably just a fake.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Well now we have 2 separate leaks stating K. Rool will be revealed in July?

1. - The July 9 one
2. - The codenames.

I don't care which one is true. Just Let there be Rool tm.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman

1. - The July 9 one
2. - The codenames.

Preferably, playable Rool.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Agreed. That's all I ask of this damn game.

Anyway, I'm hearing rumours that Nintendo wants to trademark "King K. Rool". And some fans speculate he might make it in cuz of it. Now THAT is grasping at straws.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Anyway, I'm hearing rumours that Nintendo wants to trademark "King K. Rool". And some fans speculate he might make it in cuz of it. Now THAT is grasping at straws.
Where are you hearing these rumors?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Rumors from where? Or are you talking about the videos we've circulated, one from that guy who mistakenly thought Rare still owned him, and the other talking about the trademark on his Mii outfit?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

1. - The July 9 one
2. - The codenames.

What leaks? I am a bit behind.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What leaks? I am a bit behind.
I don't have a link for the July 9th leak, but it's more specifically a series of dates leading up to release stating they're when a character would be posted to the Smash website, supposedly from someone managing that.

K. Rool on July 9th
Isaac in August
Saki in September(?)
Simon Belmont in October
They don't know about November
Elma in December

(They had specific dates for the rest I just can't find/can't remember them)

The other one, though is summarized here

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't have a link for the July 9th leak, but it's more specifically a series of dates leading up to release stating they're when a character would be posted to the Smash website, supposedly from someone managing that.
Saki? Sin & Punishment wasn't my cup of tea but I'm not opposed to Saki getting in Smash. He looks interesting.
Isaac? I loved Golden Sun 15+ years ago. I always liked the idea of Isaac in Smash but I didn't actively support him (I had bigger fish to fry :4duckhunt:).

Simon Belmont? The Vergeben leak is still alive? I really want to play as him. He's my number one most-wanted third-party character.

Elma? Meh.

Can't wait for the game to come out so we will know the rest of Smash Ultimate newcomers.

Siggy88

Smash Apprentice
I pretty sure that K. Rool is gonna be playable, but I would take any leaks with a grain of salt. I mean, every "leak" Brawl and 4 included Ridley in some fashion.

Also, Nintendo trademarking anything doesn't necessarily has to mean anything.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Didn't they already trademark K. Rool three years ago, around the time of the Mii costume? I thought that was well-established.

It's reassuring to think that, on the 0.01% chance that just one of these fake leaks are real, then we'll get K. Rool in the game. But of course, the reality is that they're all fake. And we shouldn't get our hopes up until we see the splash screen. We've been burned too many times before.

D

Deleted member

Didn't they trademark King K. Rool in 2015, I believe they have the rights to the character Nintendo I mean.

Also I'm not going to get overhyped with rumors, hope the king gets unveiled. But I won't believe anything unless it's from Daddy Sakurai, or the Super Smash Blog. July 9th probably just another character or assist trophy we know of. But good to have hope, hopefully he's unveiled soon.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I want any leak to come true except for the assist trophy rool. pleas3 no. my favorite is that leak with banjo, geno and gengar. I would be so happy with all those characters! and the July 9th just because it's literally a day away

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The other one, though is summarized here
  • July: King = King K. Rool
  • July: Ponytail = Dixie Kong
  • August: Old Man = Heihachi
  • September: Archer = Decidueye
  • October: Warrior = Simon Belmont
  • October: Secretary = Isabelle
  • November: Mech = Meowth in the Meowth mech Elma
  • Post-Release: Rhythm = Rhythm Heaven rep, probably Chorus Kids
  • Post-Release: Folklore = probably Famicom Fairytales rep, either Goku from Yuyuki or Donbe & Hikari from Shin Onigashima, or Goku from Dragon Ball
  • Post-Release: Doll = Geno
  • Post-Release: Prime Ribs = Dark Samus

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Japan Expo in France is July 5th-8th. They already had a playable demo on day 1 of it. Not sure if anything special will happen on the final day.
Oh **** that's right Japan Expo WAS this weekend! I kinda hope they do something special, if not we'll probably see the next reveal later this month, or hell maybe Gamescom in August

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Daily reminder that only Paon K. Rool has a belly button. Rare's K. Rool's "belly button" is only a design flourish on his golden armor.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I've been thinking about single player content for this new Smash game. I hope Sakurai doesn't think single player isn't important because he brought back every character and brought back 80+ stages and that's good enough. The reason I was mostly disappointed in Smash Wii U was there was no fun/compelling single player content. Say what you want about Subspace Emissary but at least it was ambitious and there were SOME fun things about it. It extended the life of Brawl to me MUCH more than Wii U did..

I seriously hope we get something more akin to Melee's Adventure mode but maybe a little more fleshed out. Where we run through Nintendo themed worlds beat up classic Nintendo enemies they can port most of the assests from 3DS Smash Run and have a story. It doesn't have to try to be deep or have an abundance of cutscenes since Sakurai doesn't want to do that again. Maybe have an opening cutscene and an end cutscene. Let the story be about Nintendo villains joining forces to take over the world or something. Like have Ridley, Bowser, K.Rool, Ganondorf, Wolf, Wario, Mewtwo, Dark Pit, Dedede, Bowser Jr. as the main antagonists. Like have each of them be the "boss" of each heroes level and then once you beat them in like a 1v1 2 stock battle you unlock them in game. Sakurai did state that the roster you start off will be small (the original 8) and you will constantly unlock more characters and I think this would be a fun and interesting way of doing it. Let's say you start the Adventure with Mario and throughout the Adventure you constantly unlock new fighters to join you and you then (like subspace) can swap between them but also incorporate the mechanic from Smash Tour where during the "boss battles" if you get knocked out with Mario let's say Diddy appears and then you use Diddy. Essentially different characters are your lives. They can even have mini-bosses throughout the stages for characters like Petey Piranha, King Boo, Marx, Kraid, Hades, Andross, Tiki Tong or Lord Fredrik, The Broodals, Ghirahim, etc. You know characters who don't stand a chance of being playable. Of course with it being a Switch game the Adventure mode has co-op and I'm also thinking incorporating the Uprising/Classic Mode difficulty scale feature so you can replay the Adventure multiple times if you want on varying difficulties. I'm also thinking this Adventure mode would be around 6 hours long to complete.

Obviously I'm just spit-balling here but would love more single player content in this game. I know this was kinda off-topic but K.Rool would be one of the main antagonists of this hypothetical mode. I would love to see like the DK world have Kritters, Klaptraps, Zingers, Tikis, Snowmads, Gnawtys just all together.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
If the only real one is AT K. Rool, I'm gonna be crushed.

I'd prefer not to even think about it. I want a HD Rare K. Rool. ;n;

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Doubtful anything will be shown on the 9th since we didn't get an announcement for the announcement. And this isn't Brawl days were they would anounce newcomers out of nowhere. Even Robin who was announced with no Direct was teased that they would show something on that Monday morning.

...unless thats what they want us to think and its exactly like Brawl days!.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, none of us should be expecting anything this month. E3 recently passed and I'm sure Nintendo is already preparing for their next direct. I think the earliest we'll see something is around late next month. We should just continue to be patient.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I would love to see like the DK world have Kritters, Klaptraps, Zingers, Tikis, Snowmads, Gnawtys just all together.
This reminds me: I really do want more than just the Kremlings to come back to the DK series. Enemies like Gnawty, Necky, and Zinger are just as classic and iconic as the crocs are. I wouldn't mind seeing the Tikis and Snowmads become regulars, either, if they can be integrated into the DK world alongside the older enemies. The more the merrier, I say.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
This reminds me: I really do want more than just the Kremlings to come back to the DK series. Enemies like Gnawty, Necky, and Zinger are just as classic and iconic as the crocs are. I wouldn't mind seeing the Tikis and Snowmads become regulars, either, if they can be integrated into the DK world alongside the older enemies. The more the merrier, I say.
Gotta have enemies for the ice-themed levels after all...

I haven't played Tropical Freeze, but they look cool. Still I may be biased...I'm really a fan of the viking aesthetic

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what'd be interesting if there was a war between the snowmads and the kremlings and the DK Crew somehow got caught in the middle

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of K.Rool's minions, I wouldn't mind if they were incorporated into his move set some. I mean I'm unsure how much Sakurai will borrow from the different versions of K.Rool. I speculate that the main K.Rool will be his typical crown and cape get up, and that likely he will have at least the pirate outfit and the Frankenstein outfit as skins. But I wonder how much he would actually use the blunderbuss and the copter back pack? I wouldnt mind if some smaller a moves, or even B moves involved some of the minons from pass games. Like setting down klaptraps like Bowser Jr's mecha koopas. Having them run back and forth across the level, or up B involving the Zingers carrying him up and hurting players that touch them. I always loved the kritters and various animals that K.rool had in his army.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Speaking of K.Rool's minions, I wouldn't mind if they were incorporated into his move set some. I mean I'm unsure how much Sakurai will borrow from the different versions of K.Rool. I speculate that the main K.Rool will be his typical crown and cape get up, and that likely he will have at least the pirate outfit and the Frankenstein outfit as skins. But I wonder how much he would actually use the blunderbuss and the copter back pack? I wouldnt mind if some smaller a moves, or even B moves involved some of the minons from pass games. Like setting down klaptraps like Bowser Jr's mecha koopas. Having them run back and forth across the level, or up B involving the Zingers carrying him up and hurting players that touch them. I always loved the kritters and various animals that K.rool had in his army.
I could totally see him with his nomal cape/crown combo, and then have Kaptain as an alt since that seems to be the most well-known version. He could have a really fun dspecial that releases a Klaptrap or something. I'm really a fan of the krown/boxing glove toss, and a little helicopter recovery, and the scepter swipe moves as well.

I've always pictured K.Rool as the kind of character who just has all of these random props in hammerspace and just keeps pulling them out for a bunch of random moves.

StormC

Smash Hero
I always thought a suitable down B for K. Rool would be summoning an oil drum that acts as a sentry, sending out Klaptraps.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Kremlings vs. the Snowmads with the Kong's having to battle both would be grand. K. Rool as some kind of Viking leader at the end.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Dropping in real quick to say that I support the big green kroc. Personally, I think it's a kroc of SH-... *ahem* ...that he hasn't been added yet.~

Count me among the supporters. It's about time they put this to rest like they did with Ridley!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The Kremlings vs. the Snowmads with the Kong's having to battle both would be grand. K. Rool as some kind of Viking leader at the end.
ViKing K. Rool! All for it!

Also, regarding the earlier discussion of music...we totally need more DK64 stuff than just the rap (complete, please). Like the K.Rool boss theme! Or even a stage!

RSSBBB

Smash Rookie
No way! I thought I was the only one who wanted Kraid in smash! He's actually my most wanted character to be in in Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dropping in real quick to say that I support the big green kroc. Personally, I think it's a kroc of SH-... *ahem* ...that he hasn't been added yet.~

Count me among the supporters. It's about time they put this to rest like they did with Ridley!

Welcome aboard!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I remember it more as the "King and Ponytail" leak, considering they come first on it, but yeah.

Still going to end up fake sadly.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Honestly, I friggen hate Heihachi. He's such a bad character, and I hope that leak is wrong if only for that. As long as Geno, Decidueye, K. Rool, and Bandana Dee get in, that would be satisfying at this point.

Top Bottom