• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kahoka Me Your Moves!---MW-W Circuit Event #3---May 1-3; Kahoka, MO

Cook

Smash Master
You're right, that game isn't meant to be played competitively. I mean Ash is so broken. Only Gary is a counter for him. And Gary...he's pretty broken! HE HAS THREE DIFFERENT TYPES OF POKEMON!!! Oh yeah, and Sabrina's banned, all her pokemon are psychic types and **** everything. Plus there are no AT's in that game! :laugh:

Oh I'd be down for pizza too by the way, I saw some algebra about that a couple pages ago.
No such things as counters, tires don exits.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Oh I'd be down for pizza too by the way, I saw some algebra about that a couple pages ago.
I have a habit of doing math on smashboards. I once calculated the amount of megawatt hours each person at a brawl tourney used, to figure out if a percentage of entry fee going towards electricity was valid.

zyklon

Smash Cadet
Well as long as your not stalking me, i suppose i can let that slide lol. But cant wait to meet the rest of MO, only know Kit, Jordon, and Zyclon from Joker's last monthly.

BTW is any MO creepin to Joker's on the 4th?

I actually won't be coming this time, I have fraternity business to attend to so I can't go... but the following tuesday is my birthday so you should probably send me some of the pot anyway...

gantrain05

Smash Master
I actually won't be coming this time, I have fraternity business to attend to so I can't go... but the following tuesday is my birthday so you should probably send me some of the pot anyway...
what?! your not coming? so who's gonna beat razor on jungle japes again? i guess im gonna have to poop on him with my bowser =)

Teh Future

Smash Master
Limiting Ice Climbers infinite is stupid and completely unnecessary. It is dumb, but its been pretty much proven that their chaingrabs can be beaten and they aren't broken.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Dedede's "infinite" is only infinite on DK. Everybody else can get out around 120% due to pummel/refresh shenanigans.

STILL A ***** 120 THOUGH.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Dedede's "infinite" is only infinite on DK. Everybody else can get out around 120% due to pummel/refresh shenanigans.

STILL A ***** 120 THOUGH.
DK, Mario, Luigi, and Samus get infinited. DDD just has to grab attack a certain amount of times between grabs to keep the grab from becoming stale on Samus to keep it going.

DDD has a chaingrab on Bowser that only requires a tiny, tiny step in-between grabs. It's practically an infinite due to DDD being able to combo D-tilt into D-throw at the end of the stage for the KO.

Scythe

Smash Master
I agree that DDD nonwall infinites should be banned and the IC chaingrab should not be limited at all.

I would totally enter a melee side tourney.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I don't see why one infinite is banned but the other isn't. They're both infinites, they should both be limited. It doesn't matter if people say "IC's are alot more difficult" Anything is easy if you practice it enough. The fact that they both have the same potential and are THE SAME THING means they should both be limited. /rant

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
The ICs chaingrab is all they have. They also have terrible grab range, as opposed to DDD.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
But like i have said before, if over half of the moves being done are grabs, you are bound to get grabbed. And if someone can do the infinite, that is all it takes. It only takes 3 grabs the entire match and the ICs win.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
and yet ics rarely win major tournies
That's because Metaknight is in the game.

But seriously, it's because of the diligence and effort it takes. Nobody wants to. Or they just dont like ICs. It's just true though, what animeblitzballa said. Three grabs and it's over if you're good enough, which people are. It's really not even that difficult to do. I picked them up for a week and could do it. It's just not as hard as people say or think it is.

EDIT: This was my 500th post so everyone has to agree with me. For I have gone up in rank.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
But like i have said before, if over half of the moves being done are grabs, you are bound to get grabbed. And if someone can do the infinite, that is all it takes. It only takes 3 grabs the entire match and the ICs win.
No. Just don't get grabbed, which isn't too hard against ICs.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I wouldn't ban any infinites. For King Dedede's infinite, you can counter it by just not using DK. Either way, DK is basically the Ganondorf of this game; he's really good in general but gets caught in a really nasty chaingrab by a really good character. Sure, Sheik's chaingrab on Ganondorf wasn't infinite (though it was really devastating!), but King Dedede isn't as good as Sheik was so it seems to balance out to me. The Sheik chaingrab was really worse than King Dedede's stuff since it totally wrecked about half the cast who were already wondering how to beat the totally fantastic Sheik, and it was never banned.

As per the Ice Climbers, banning their infinites is pointless. It's the only good thing about them so you might as well just ban the Ice Climbers directly. Yeah, those chaingrabs are lame and really dangerous, but just ban Final Destination (as in, the player uses the stage ban on it), and you should be able to handle it assuming you aren't using Ganon or something like that. On the other hand, if the Ice Climbers can't chaingrab infinite, what do they do? You can just kinda throw yourself at them and probably will hit Nana away, and by herself she's pretty vulnerable. Popo by himself is worse than Captain Falcon and super easy to beat. It just seems unfair to make an otherwise good character bad when they really don't break the game already.

Anyway, I have a feeling the main way this will affect me personally is that it will make Fino more likely to beat me since he'll counterpick Ice Climbers on me if the infinites aren't banned, and his Ice Climbers are harder for me than his Olimar. You know I'm making a point from principle if I am arguing directly against my own personal interests.

There's also the question of whether the release grab stuff is lumped into that standing chaingrab ban.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I don't see why one infinite is banned but the other isn't. They're both infinites, they should both be limited. It doesn't matter if people say "IC's are alot more difficult" Anything is easy if you practice it enough. The fact that they both have the same potential and are THE SAME THING means they should both be limited. /rant
It has nothing to do with the difficulty of it. Lain has lost to people who are not using metaknight recently, and he's an insanely good player without ICs. Chain grabs do not make a bad player good just because they have the tech skill to pull it off.

Nicole

Smash Champion
IC's infinite shouldn't be banned, or limited.

However, I don't think anything was said about banning/limiting it for this tournament. I saw the thing on the first page about limiting "standing infinites," but I don't think the IC's grabs apply because they do move.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
IC's infinite shouldn't be banned, or limited.

However, I don't think anything was said about banning/limiting it for this tournament. I saw the thing on the first page about limiting "standing infinites," but I don't think the IC's grabs apply because they do move.
Well it depends on what you mean by "standing" Are we talking about staying in the same area? Or are we talking about LITERALLY not moving? IC's can just throw back and forth, while not really moving FROM an area, but moving back and forth none the less. So technically, isn't it the same as a standing infinite? The fact that you can keep doing it in a specified area? If so, then i think it should be limited. If people are gonna freak about it, then just don't limit it as much as DDD's. If DDD's were limited to 3, for example, then limit the IC's to 5 or 6 or something.

Cook

Smash Master
I was only banning DDD's infinite. I hadn't planned on banning IC's. Do people have a problem with banning DDD's?

Zicore

Smash Champion
Sorry Ironboots. I don't play brawl =P If it was melee, then probably. But I'm nowhere near that good at PPL. I just play for funsies. 3D is fun if you have a few hours to kill =D

Cook

Smash Master
Sorry Ironboots. I don't play brawl =P If it was melee, then probably. But I'm nowhere near that good at PPL. I just play for funsies. 3D is fun if you have a few hours to kill =D
We can totally have a Melee tourney on Sunday if that means WI will come! Chicago has expressed interest in a Melee tourney and I have the feeling NE would creep down if there was Melee. Hopefully at least some of you would then enter Brawl, though.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Hey der, put me in that there new-fangled list of people who are certainly coming and whatnots.

... you can count on random people from my crew coming, hopefully. Kolby / Seth / Mahony maybe / probably.

Legan will most likely come. Toga will maybe come if Legan bugs him enough.

Top Bottom