• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kahoka Me Your Moves!---MW-W Circuit Event #3---May 1-3; Kahoka, MO

gantrain05

Smash Master
Within Missouri should be easy enough to make. The guys in Rolla can REALLY suck in terms of getting anywhere, but I will do my best.

Anyway, I support your current stage list 100%. I would support Onett as well (and wouldn't mind Skyworld!), but yeah, you have to satisfy people at some point. I predict nothing is going to happen at the tournament to make this stage list a problem.

Also, I promise, if I make it, I'll counterpick Distant Planet at least once so it won't be a "no one picks it anyway" stage (unless people conspire against me and always ban it or something). I've been working on it for a while! It's a great stage that shouldn't even be considered for banning; I don't get why people think it's so bad...
i don't like the bouncy platform in the middle....it ****s with peach lol.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So does Lylat Jlo. =P Just stop floating around, ughh Peach's float. ;_;

I also support Onett, don't exactly know the case with it but its my main CP.

Other than that I'm liking the stage list, and even still would probably just CP Corneria and DP too.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to try and make it to this, I just have to convince my parents to do a get-together another day of the week ><. my birthday is may 2, which may screw things over for me on going... but i will try and make it with the rest of the Iowa crew.

Cook

Smash Master
Glad to see WI is still coming even though we *****ed about your tournament. No hard feelings?Anyway, I wanna play you again Sago!

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
lol i got a warning for this. :laugh:

i'm also glad wi is planning on coming. it will be nice seeing some of you guys again.

andrew come play brawl with me!
LouBega is an arrogant joke. He had, like, one good song.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I can get Martin to come to this.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i totally plan on winning this thing >.> just like every other tournament i've ever been to and never done, but still, the plan is in motion.

gantrain05

Smash Master
It's a good thing nothing good ever came from Wisconsin or I might be worried.

Edit: I take it back. Cheese. Awesome.
lol that reminds me, on our way back from wisconsin we stopped by a local general store, and i bought a big chunk of cheese as a souvenir, but i ate it before i got home =/

Cook

Smash Master
lol that reminds me, on our way back from wisconsin we stopped by a local general store, and i bought a big chunk of cheese as a souvenir, but i ate it before i got home =/
I did the same thing, except it was a mug in my case. Didn't taste as good as it looked...

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I remember the block of cheese. I bough some sandwiches but they tasted like crap. They also smelled like piss.

Cook

Smash Master
Yes, I remember the block of cheese. I bough some sandwiches but they tasted like crap. They also smelled like piss.
No Texans are allowed at my tournament. You're cool, Bone, but I'm afraid I can't make any exceptions. Sorry.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Nothing was better than those toy soldiers Bone bought us.

Bone stole it back from me before he left my house though. D:

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Nothing was better than those toy soldiers Bone bought us.

Bone stole it back from me before he left my house though. D:
LIES! Lies and slander, I don't steal stuff like all of you filthy Iowans.

No Texans are allowed at my tournament. You're cool, Bone, but I'm afraid I can't make any exceptions. Sorry.
I will come and I will shake all of your coke.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im glad some wisconsin is coming, as long as its not a few of them i met up there, most of you guys were cool, but some of you guys need to learn some manners >.> i don't even know how many people just yanked out their controllers and walked away from me pissed off when i beat them in friendlies.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
im glad some wisconsin is coming, as long as its not a few of them i met up there, most of you guys were cool, but some of you guys need to learn some manners >.> i don't even know how many people just yanked out their controllers and walked away from me pissed off when i beat them in friendlies.
C'mon man be friendly, no need to start drama or damage reps here. I'd love for as many people as possible to attend.

Besides, I punch people in the face when I lose... Then I key their vehicle and sign their email up for spam.

Nicole

Smash Champion
C'mon man be friendly, no need to start drama or damage reps here. I'd love for as many people as possible to attend.

Besides, I punch people in the face when I lose... Then I key their vehicle and sign their email up for spam.
Whenever I lose to someone I ask them casually for their home address. Then I send them weekly letters that say stuff like "You're mean!" "Nobody likes you, they're all just pretending!" and "Jesus loves you, but I don't!"

The next time I play them, their spirits are so broken that they can't even put up a fight. :chuckle:

Cook

Smash Master
Whenever I lose to someone I ask them casually for their home address. Then I send them weekly letters that say stuff like "You're mean!" "Nobody likes you, they're all just pretending!" and "Jesus loves you, but I don't!"

The next time I play them, their spirits are so broken that they can't even put up a fight. :chuckle:
I already do that, except I don't send them letters, I just watch them from the street. And there is no next time I play them, I just watch them. From the street.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
In the event stalling occurs I figured I'd ask:

Is planking stalling? I mean if I stop approaching a player who is re-ledge grabbing over and over and not coming on stage to fight should I pause the game and find an organizer to observe?

Some infinite grabs do very little damage. I'm thinking a Yoshi infiniting my Wario could take forever to reach 300% at 2% per grab hit. They could get a definite kill well below 300%. Thoughts?

Edit: Fixed to 2% per grab hit. IF he hits it's pretty fast damage. If not I'd totally call stalling BS. Grab, no hit, release, grab to 300 would take a long time.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero

stop calling me!

gantrain05

Smash Master
im not being mean, im just saying, like those 3 people which i won't mention names, i hope they don't show up, all the rest of the 70 ppl up there are cool as ****.

Cook

Smash Master
In the event stalling occurs I figured I'd ask:

Is planking stalling? I mean if I stop approaching a player who is re-ledge grabbing over and over and not coming on stage to fight should I pause the game and find an organizer to observe?

Some infinite grabs do very little damage. I'm thinking a Yoshi infiniting my Wario could take forever to reach 300% at 2% per grab (estimated). They could get a definite kill well below 300%. Thoughts?
Um... good questions. :urg: I just kinda copy-pasta'd Joker's rules and hoped no one would have any questions. But I guess I'll try to answer them. Um, I'd say planking only counts as stalling if the planker is legitimately unhittable (not a word). Of course, this is a pretty gray area. As for calling out plankers, I'm not sure of the best way to do it; pausing seems like an innately bad idea, but I don't know how else you could go get the TO's attention. Cameron, do you know what the best way to handle planking is?

As for the infinites question, I'd be all for putting the cut-off point at 200% damage. Any objections?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I've never had anyone plank for a very long time at any of my tournaments. My plan for it is that if someone is being planked excessively they may pause and call the TO over to decide. I'd ask anyone who was watching for more details and then if true, the planker loses that game and the set continues.

Stalling is hard to call. I had a tournament match on Luigi's Mansion at No Koast where a snake was camping my DK excessively.I chose not to approach him at all since I was already winning. We ended up timing out because of this. Did either of us stall? No not really. No one made themselves impossible to approach or constantly ran away.

Zicore

Smash Champion
im not being mean, im just saying, like those 3 people which i won't mention names, i hope they don't show up, all the rest of the 70 ppl up there are cool as ****.
It is hard to imagine WI doing this. Especially the brawl players. Usually they are humble as hell. Are you 100% sure they are from WI? If one of them was MachineGunNorm (the person who got mad when he lost to Joker), he is IL.

Just be happy Quaz wasn't there. I have seen him break a controller after losing a friendly doc ditto.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Um... good questions. :urg: I just kinda copy-pasta'd Joker's rules and hoped no one would have any questions. But I guess I'll try to answer them. Um, I'd say planking only counts as stalling if the planker is legitimately unhittable (not a word). Of course, this is a pretty gray area. As for calling out plankers, I'm not sure of the best way to do it; pausing seems like an innately bad idea, but I don't know how else you could go get the TO's attention. Cameron, do you know what the best way to handle planking is?

As for the infinites question, I'd be all for putting the cut-off point at 200% damage. Any objections?
I just know that if I'm losing and they start staying on the ledge, if a few approaches fail completely I'll sit in the middle of the stage and ask him to stop. After that I'll pause.

I'd say leave the CG percentage at 300%. I don't know enough about this stuff to call for a change. The one time I got chain grabbed by Yoshi in tournament felt like it took forever but it wasn't all that bad. Kind of felt good, man.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Actually cook why don't you do the three standing grabs or wall grabs. Three consecutive then you have to re-grab. Moving chain grabs are good but in place infinites are stopped after three? You do what you want but that is my two cents. Please keep Pipes legal! Thats why people can ban stages....

Top Bottom