• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kahoka Me Your Moves!---MW-W Circuit Event #3---May 1-3; Kahoka, MO

Cook

Smash Master
Kahoka Me Your Moves!
Yeah, the name doesn't make sense...

Date
May 1-3

451 North Vine St.
Kahoka, MO 63445
(the building that says "CARE" on it, has a big flag right outside)

Approximate Schedule
Friday
6 PM: Venue opens. Free play. Possibly a side tournament and/or crews.
10 PM: Registration for singles and doubles (this way we can have pools and the doubles bracket figured out ahead of time).

Saturday
10 AM---1 PM: Singles pools.
1---2 PM: Break.
2---6 PM: Doubles bracket.
6---???: Singles bracket.
These times are kind of arbitrary, though, and will depend on the number of entrants and setups.

Sunday
Whatever you want to do! We'll have the venue all day Sunday as well, so if people want to stay and play some, that's totally fine. I suppose we could have a Melee tournament if people so desire?

Cost
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 per team
Venue fee: $5 (will be waived if you bring a full setup; what's leftover from the venue fee pot after paying off the venue cost will be a bonus for first place in singles)

Pot Split
First: 60%
Second: 30%
Third: 10%

Housing

The venue itself will be available for housing on Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night. Bring pillows and blankets!

Rules
Rules:
-3 Stock

- 8 minute timer

-Items are set to "off" and "none"

-All sets will be best of 3 matches. The Finals (Losers/Winners/Grand) will be best of 5.

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

-Hygiene is mandatory. This includes deodorant and (per Nicole's request) brushing of the teeth!

-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Rules for Doubles:
-Life Stealing is allowed

-Team attack ON

-Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Striking: Players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Double-blind pick: This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Starter:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise

Counter:
-Brinstar
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Pictochat
-Pirate Ship
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise
-Norfair
-Green Greens
-Castle Siege
-Luigi's Mansion

Contact Info
TO: asc853 (Andrew)
Email: asc853@truman.edu
Phone: (660)341-8535

Cook

Smash Master
Awesome People Who Are (Probably) Coming

Missouri
asc853
Brown Paper Sack (Kit)
LouBega (Jordan)
Ironboots (Nicole)
Zyklon
Thinkaman
Amazing Ampharos
MetalMusicMan
Nyus
Mahony
Legan
Cid
Death
Futurewrestler
CalebSitton

Iowa
Joker
Schism
Razor
JLO
Kudou
Blank
ace156
Bone
Zash
Peeks
Vax

Illinois
My empty heart.

Kansas
Inferno
Fino
Affinity
Stealth
Steeler
KY
Domo
Clel
Zeton
Mr. DOOM
Fragbait
Holms
Born

Wisconsin
Anyone???

Minnesota
Nappy
Triple R
NeoMagic
Moe
Yoshii
Deepak
Ninja
Amanze

Kentucky(!?)
Hilt
Cr4sh
Spec
Light
Xisin
Harbinger
Overswarm

Confirmed Setups
1. asc853
2. Ironboots
3. Brown Paper Sack
4. Zyklon
5. Fino
6. Thinkaman
7. cr4sh
8. JLO
9. Stealth Raptor
10. Joker
11. Cid
12. NeoMagic
13. Other MN Dude
14. Wichita
15. Wichita
16. Jordan

Awesome People Who are Roller Skating on Friday (taking signups now!)

1. asc853
2. Nicole
3. Jordan
4. Peeks
6. Fino
5. ArkiveZero
7. Legan
8. Stealth Raptor
9. KY
10. Joker
11. Blank
12. Hilt
13. Cr4sh
14. Mew2King
15. Hylian
16. Ninjalink
17. Anther
18. ace156!!!!!!!

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Don't Kahoka Me
Nice Kahoka
You're Not Kahoka Yet
The Kahoka is On
Great Kahoka, Victory is Ours!
I Fight for my Kahoka
Ka-Ho-Ka cha-cha-cha
You're Kahoka!
Play Time's Over, Kahoka
PK Kahoka
That was Fun, We Should Kahoka Again Sometime
You're Too Kahoka
Come on, Kahoka it Up

Cook

Smash Master
Ok, I took off Skyworld and Onett because I know they won't be tolerated.

I like Kahoka Me Your Moves best because it makes the least sense.

TP

Smash Master
This MAY be my first tournament, if I can make it. I really hope this works out and is big.

+1 unconfirmed attendee

Nicole

Smash Champion
You should tell everyone how many "awesome" restaurants are in Kahoka, yeah, they'll be so excited.
THERE ARE ONLY THREE OF THEM!!!

(I really don't know where everyone is going to eat)

The Fight is Kahoka!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well I'm pretty sure Iowa will make this one, no matter what, unless there's like a big john or something, but if we can make it to a trip of 6hrs, I don't see why we couldn't make a 3hr trip.

I'm kool with the stages
No SKYWORLD, you 8astard >.0
Since no one really picks them to begin with, except Iowa XP
But in reality this stages aren't bad, some people say well it counters my char, exactly.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'd probably be able to show up for this.
Also I think no Skyworld is for the best...I'd be too tempted to pick it for giggles and that hasn't really been for the best...

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
lol

we should get rid of pipes too! ;)

edit:
(I realize I have a liberal stage list; if there is a lot of hate for a particular stage then I may ban it, but I'd prefer to hear reasons as to why)

Cook

Smash Master
You should tell everyone how many "awesome" restaurants are in Kahoka, yeah, they'll be so excited.
THERE ARE ONLY THREE OF THEM!!!

(I really don't know where everyone is going to eat)

The Fight is Kahoka!
Well, we've got a pizza place (Breadeaux), a sandwich place (Blimpie), and two sit-down diner places. And two grocery stores and two gas stations, both of which serve food. I realize the options are pretty limited, but hopefully it's not a huge problem. If people are willing to make the trip, there's a town about 25 minutes away that has all the franchise joints. Sorry guys.

Well I'm pretty sure Iowa will make this one, no matter what, unless there's like a big john or something, but if we can make it to a trip of 6hrs, I don't see why we couldn't make a 3hr trip.

I'm kool with the stages
No SKYWORLD, you 8astard >.0
Since no one really picks them to begin with, except Iowa XP
But in reality this stages aren't bad, some people say well it counters my char, exactly.
I'd probably be able to show up for this.
Also I think no Skyworld is for the best...I'd be too tempted to pick it for giggles and that hasn't really been for the best...
Dudes, I definitely want Skyworld, but everyone else always *****es about it, so I just went ahead and banned it.

lol

we should get rid of pipes too! ;)
What's wrong with Pipes?

definitely not going due to gay ass stages...wow...just wow at your stagelist
I don't think I have any stages that weren't legal at the Midwest Championships for the last circuit. I only have three more stages than FBT6 (Pipes, Port Town, and Distant Planet).

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I don't think I have any stages that weren't legal at the Midwest Championships for the last circuit. I only have three more stages than FBT6 (Pipes, Port Town, and Distant Planet).
LOL

That's a bad example. The MWCC had a terrible stage list.

Just use NO KOAST's stage list; No one had any complaints:

Stage List

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokémon Stadium 1 (Melee)
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza

Counter-Pick

Castle Siege
Halberd
Brinstar
Norfair
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Pictochat
Green Greens
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

*Stage Striking for Starters Applies*
Also, "Kahoka Me Your Moves" is still dumb.

Just sayin :p

Cook

Smash Master
LOL

That's a bad example. The MWCC had a terrible stage list.

Also, "Kahoka Me Your Moves" is still dumb.

Just sayin :p
But NO KOAST lacked awesome stages, like Pirate Ship and Pipes.

And I know the name is dumb, that's why I chose it! We English majors like to do dumb things with words (and lie, because our lies are legally binding).

Nicole

Smash Champion
As much as you're going to hate me, I'm gonna agree with Affinity. (especially the neutrals...no halberd = AWESOME). Um, also, nobody (including you) really CPs things like distant planet or pirate ship anyway. You could probably get away with leaving one silly stage, so either Port Town or Pipes? (I know which one I'd want).

If people pop in here (especially people with angelman's?) and instantly complain about the stage list, you might want to change it a little! That way people can complain about more important things, like the fact that this tournament is in Kahoka :chuckle:

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
nice double post...

anyway, i don't really care what the stage list is like as long as it has everything from no koast. i don't mind more but i would mind less. but i do like halberd on neutral. maybe do nine neutrals? stage striking gets rid of the ones you don't like anyways?

Cook

Smash Master
Here's how I see it. Counterpicks are supposed to give your character an advantage, just so long as they aren't instant-win buttons, or completely random, or allow for ridiculous unenforceable stalling, etc. If you guys give reasons why a stage does that and I'll probably ban it. Otherwise, there are multiple legal counterpicks that give other characters big advantages already. For instance, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes and Frigate Orpheon can all give many characters a great advantage over Olimar, but they are still legal. Why should only some characters be hurt by stage counterpicking? In my opinion counterspicking helps balance out the game a lot.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Friday
4---8 PM: Venue opens. Sign-ups and free play. Possibly a side tournament and/or crews.
9---11 PM: Singles pools.
11 PM and on: More free play!

--------------

singles pools will take more than 2 hours, and sign ups should hopefully not take 4 hours...

Cook

Smash Master
Friday
4---8 PM: Venue opens. Sign-ups and free play. Possibly a side tournament and/or crews.

--------------

singles pools will take more than 2 hours, and sign ups should hopefully not take 4 hours...
Yeah, I know sign-ups will not take that long, I just don't want to start pools too early because I want to give people time to show up. Basically I just wanted to let everyone know that the place will be open at 4 and they can sign up during that time. There will probably be a gimmick tourney to take up that time, also. I also realize that pools will probably take longer, but that's fine, because we've got all night!

Nicole

Smash Champion
people should post ideas of what the super awesome bada$$ gimmick tournament on friday should be too. gooooo!

(i guess we could just have a low tier tourney...but that's so boring, and steeler/thinkaman/legan would win anyway)

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I know sign-ups will not take that long, I just don't want to start pools too early because I want to give people time to show up. Basically I just wanted to let everyone know that the place will be open at 4 and they can sign up during that time. There will probably be a gimmick tourney to take up that time, also. I also realize that pools will probably take longer, but that's fine, because we've got all night!
AAAALLLLLLLLL NIGHT! YOUNG AMERICAN YOUNG AMERICAN SHE WANTS A YOUNG AMERICAN!

people should post ideas of what the super awesome bada$$ gimmick tournament on friday should be too. gooooo!

(i guess we could just have a low tier tourney...but that's so boring, and steeler/thinkaman/legan would win anyway)
kit and i would take low tier teams!

Cook

Smash Master
How about a singles tourney where you use your doubles partner's main? Or a random tourney?

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
how about a naked tourny??????????????????????????????

or the one where you play teams, one on one, wiimotes and nunchucks. one partner gets the wiimote and the other gets the nunchuck.

or a tournament where you see who can drink the most, the fastest. while umm... playing smash brothers?

Cook

Smash Master
Oh, I guess it would be nice if people could let me know if they're bringing setups.

Nicole

Smash Champion
you should keep a list of who's attending and bringing setups like NOKOAST did too.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Approximate Schedule
Friday

Saturday
11 AM---3 PM: Doubles bracket.
3---5 PM: Break.
5---???: Singles bracket.
Things that don't seems right:

-4 hours for sign-ups
Why would you need this much time?​

-Only 2 hours for pools
You're not going to get pools done in 2 hours, even if you get a semi-big turnout.​

-2 hours break between Doubles and Singles bracket.
I don't see why more than 30min would be needed. More than that is just wasting valuable time.​

Venue fee: $5 (will be waived if you bring a full setup; what's leftover after paying off the venue cost will be put in the pot for the championships)
This is a bad idea. If there's almost nothing left after paying the venue, you guys will be in trouble.

It would be better to have a set amount of the pot already going towards the Championship pot. 10% from the pot is the best idea.

Nicole

Smash Champion
singles pools WILL need more time, it took quite awhile at NOKOAST if i remember right...um, you could maybe start them earlier? i don't know if people are driving from great distances or not though, i assume since this is a circuit event they will though...

you should start singles pools no later than 7pm probably.

and maybe only have a 1 hour break. i mean if there was laser tag in kahoka THEN we'd need 2 hours for sure. but since there's nothing in kahoka....yeah...

oh yeah, this venue, it's not gonna be like the MWCC where people who want to sleep WON'T BE ABLE TO DO THAT, right?

Top Bottom