• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kahoka Me Your Moves!---MW-W Circuit Event #3---May 1-3; Kahoka, MO

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
i say we ban every stage except norfair, rainbow cruise, green greens, and corneria. pretty good stage list. there is something for everybody but not too much for anyone. i guess pipes can be legal as well, i'll just ban it everytime.

Nicole

Smash Champion
It is hard to imagine WI doing this. Especially the brawl players. Usually they are humble as hell. Are you 100% sure they are from WI? If one of them was MachineGunNorm (the person who got mad when he lost to Joker), he is IL.

Just be happy Quaz wasn't there. I have seen him break a controller after losing a friendly doc ditto.
This is not any kind of response to what you wrote, but are you coming to our tournament?!

I WILL MONEY MATCH YOU AT POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE SO HARD!!!!

Seriously, that's a game I'm actually good at...which is kinda sad.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
This is not any kind of response to what you wrote, but are you coming to our tournament?!

What's your top score? Mine's 64K (2D).

I haven't played in a couple years.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Hmm, well, I don't really keep track of my score (I'm not THAT big of a loser :p) but let's just say I can beat the super hard mode without using any continues...except for Mewtwo sometimes...that guy cheats!

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Dealio for realios....ok that didn't make much sense, but it wouldn't let me just type dealio because of some having to be 10 letter jargin.... and I really wanted to say dealio!

Cook

Smash Master
Actually cook why don't you do the three standing grabs or wall grabs. Three consecutive then you have to re-grab. Moving chain grabs are good but in place infinites are stopped after three? You do what you want but that is my two cents. Please keep Pipes legal! Thats why people can ban stages....
What exactly was the rule against chaingrabs they had at WI to keep Lain away from ICs? I'm def down with severely limiting infinites, because I think they're dumb myself. Is there a lot of disagreement with that?

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
They did what I said, three standing grabs or wall grabs before you have to re-grab. But if you are going to limit that are you going to do the same thing with locks such as jab locks across the stage or tilt locks against walls like g & w dtilt in Corneria?

Cook

Smash Master
They did what I said, three standing grabs or wall grabs before you have to re-grab. But if you are going to limit that are you going to do the same thing with locks such as jab locks across the stage or tilt locks against walls like g & w dtilt in Corneria?
No, because those things aren't infinites.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler

i am so horrible at that game, thanks for reminding me. i don't know how i can call myself a pokemon master anymore...

don't forget, pokemon stadium 2 mini game money match!! we can even do some of the quizzes to mix things up a bit!

i guess we can do pokemon stadium 1 too, those games seem to be a little tougher than 2's though.

bring your A game to Kahoka. pokemon stadium mini-game money match, BELIEVE IT. we should record them for the el oh els.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i am so horrible at that game, thanks for reminding me. i don't know how i can call myself a pokemon master anymore...

don't forget, pokemon stadium 2 mini game money match!! we can even do some of the quizzes to mix things up a bit!

i guess we can do pokemon stadium 1 too, those games seem to be a little tougher than 2's though.

bring your A game to Kahoka. pokemon stadium mini-game money match, BELIEVE IT. we should record them for the el oh els.

I want in. hardcore. both games are fine. and puzzle league. i will be the ****ing pokemon master :3

Cook

Smash Master
So, if enough people come I was thinking about using whatever's left from the venue fees after paying off the actual venue cost (should be paid off after about 40 people) to buy a bunch of pizza for everyone, rather than putting it in the circuit pot like originally planned. What does everyone think?

Nicole

Smash Champion
I want in. hardcore. both games are fine. and puzzle league. i will be the ****ing pokemon master :3

Psh, what's Brawl?!

And you guys are both going down. But I might have to practice those Pokemon Stadium minigames a bit...especially the first one, I'm only good at that licking game (:laugh: ? )

And I totally forgot about those gay quizzes! We'll see who the real pokemon master is after those!!!

Stealth I seriously can't wait to do Pokemon Puzzle League.

AAALLLLLLLL of these matches will be recorded and put on youtube. EVERYONE will want to see them.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Man, I might not make it out of my Pokemon Stadium 1 pool, the talent in it is totally unbalanced!

Also, can we counterpick which game we want to play? I counterpick the Chansey egg catching game for PS2. I might cry if you two beat me at that.

Oh yeah, are we playing these on the old school N64? Please say yes. I will bring mine PLUS some transfer packs so we can play with our trainer names and our own Pokemon (I might be kidding about that last part...maybe). But we should play on the N64.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
So, if enough people come I was thinking about using whatever's left from the venue fees after paying off the actual venue cost (should be paid off after about 40 people) to buy a bunch of pizza for everyone, rather than putting it in the circuit pot like originally planned. What does everyone think?
Yay algebra!

You'll need to estimate how much $ worth of pizza you want to provide everyone and then decide on tourney day.

p = $/person, x = total number of people

solving 5(x-40) = px

$1.50 a person feeds 57 people
$2.00 a person feeds 66 people
$2.50 a person feeds 80 people
$3.00 a person feeds 100 people

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Man, I might not make it out of my Pokemon Stadium 1 pool, the talent in it is totally unbalanced!

Also, can we counterpick which game we want to play? I counterpick the Chansey egg catching game for PS2. I might cry if you two beat me at that.

Oh yeah, are we playing these on the old school N64? Please say yes. I will bring mine PLUS some transfer packs so we can play with our trainer names and our own Pokemon (I might be kidding about that last part...maybe). But we should play on the N64.
i dont think i have ever not gotten perfect. honestly that game is easy lawl

gantrain05

Smash Master
i think im just gonna bring my laptop to this tourney and watch the entire season of cowboy bebop between matches, i'll probably play better that way rather than me playing constant friendlies with ganondorf and then forgetting how to play peach.

Cook

Smash Master
Yay algebra!

You'll need to estimate how much $ worth of pizza you want to provide everyone and then decide on tourney day.

p = $/person, x = total number of people

solving 5(x-40) = px

$1.50 a person feeds 57 people
$2.00 a person feeds 66 people
$2.50 a person feeds 80 people
$3.00 a person feeds 100 people
ur maths, they confuz me... what do you mean $1.50 a person feeds 57 people? That if I take $1.50 from everyone's venue fee it feeds that many?

On another note, we're gonna be next door to a roller skating place, so I demand that we all go roller skating at some point! It will be the laser tag of Kahoka!

Nicole

Smash Champion
ur maths, they confuz me... what do you mean $1.50 a person feeds 57 people? That if I take $1.50 from everyone's venue fee it feeds that many?

On another note, we're gonna be next door to a roller skating place, so I demand that we all go roller skating at some point! It will be the laser tag of Kahoka!
I WILL CLOTHES MATCH PEOPLE AT ROLLER SKATING!!!
Does this statement make you...

a) more interested in roller skating?
b) less interested in roller skating?
c) more interested in not coming to this tournament!?
d) ALL OF THE ABOVE!

(someone should stop me when I start making posts at all hours of the morning, because they're always TERRIBLE)

Cook

Smash Master
I WILL CLOTHES MATCH PEOPLE AT ROLLER SKATING!!!
Does this statement make you...

a) more interested in roller skating?
b) less interested in roller skating?
c) more interested in not coming to this tournament!?
d) ALL OF THE ABOVE!

(someone should stop me when I start making posts at all hours of the morning, because they're always TERRIBLE)
This is a good post.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, pretty much.

What you want to figure out is if you have enough people to have pizza for all and pay for the venue. So first estimate how $ worth of pizza each person will eat (between 1.50 and 3.00 were my guesses).

From that you can use my other post to determine the minimum number of people need to show before the venue fee + pizza fee is covered.

If you chose $1.50 for pizza per person, then 57 or more people need to show up and the venue will still be payed for.

Sorry for being so hard to understand, you caught me in the middle of engineering homework so I'm not in a mindset to explain with words very well.

gantrain05

Smash Master
too much MK talk goin on in jokers thread, it makes me want to play melee again. i don't know why we are discussing how broken MK is, we all knew he was from day 1.

btw, im taking all ganon/bowser ditto money matches at this tourney.

Cook

Smash Master
Well i was just about to say that you can more than likely count me and Zash in, but i see that our names are already there...

Me dont like ur mindgames.
Yeah, I saw you said in Joker's thread that you were probably coming, so I took the liberty. Kekekeke!

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Well as long as your not stalking me, i suppose i can let that slide lol. But cant wait to meet the rest of MO, only know Kit, Jordon, and Zyclon from Joker's last monthly.

BTW is any MO creepin to Joker's on the 4th?

Cook

Smash Master
Well as long as your not stalking me, i suppose i can let that slide lol. But cant wait to meet the rest of MO, only know Kit, Jordon, and Zyclon from Joker's last monthly.

BTW is any MO creepin to Joker's on the 4th?
The whole Kirksville Krew will be there: those three guys plus me and Nicole (Ironboots).

Nicole

Smash Champion
I know! Are you gonna be at Joker's on 4/4? I'm going to that tourney for sure, sad I had to miss the last one...

Gdubs dittos for sure (I love those!) :chuckle:

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Hmm, well, I don't really keep track of my score (I'm not THAT big of a loser :p) but let's just say I can beat the super hard mode without using any continues...except for Mewtwo sometimes...that guy cheats!
Pretty good. I don't remember if I ever managed to do that--maybe one or two continues.

Cook

Smash Master
I played Pokemon Tetris once. I decided it was just a children's party game and not worth taking the time to get good at.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I played Pokemon Tetris once. I decided it was just a children's party game and not worth taking the time to get good at.
You're right, that game isn't meant to be played competitively. I mean Ash is so broken. Only Gary is a counter for him. And Gary...he's pretty broken! HE HAS THREE DIFFERENT TYPES OF POKEMON!!! Oh yeah, and Sabrina's banned, all her pokemon are psychic types and **** everything. Plus there are no AT's in that game! :laugh:

Oh I'd be down for pizza too by the way, I saw some algebra about that a couple pages ago.

Top Bottom