• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheLethalPacifist

Smash Cadet
You know, if anyone's interested, we could get some fans together and record a legitimate discussion/debate of K. Rool and Shovel Knight to run counter to this farce. It wouldn't get as many views or as many rabid fans showing up on Twitch to spam memes, but that doesn't mean there's no merit in the idea.
If we did that I think we should cooperate with the Shovel Knight community and get like the #1 leader or the top 3 most well spoken people to have a discussion. Would be silly to have a debate just to have only one party represented.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You know, if anyone's interested, we could get some fans together and record a legitimate discussion/debate of K. Rool and Shovel Knight to run counter to this farce. It wouldn't get as many views or as many rabid fans showing up on Twitch to spam memes, but that doesn't mean there's no merit in the idea.
I think that sounds good. I won't speak myself (don't feel comfortable talking live on mic), but I'd definitely write something and share it.

If we did that I think we should cooperate with the Shovel Knight community and get like the #1 leader or the top 3 most well spoken people to have a discussion. Would be silly to have a debate just to have only one party represented.
This.

Gotta be multilateral, yo~

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Why does the debate only have to be limited to just the two? Especially on two characters that have no relation aside from being the hottest topic. They're not even in the same league. Why not let's just set a debate against all the top running characters and go from there?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Why does the debate only have to be limited to just the two? Especially on two characters that have no relation aside from being the hottest topic. They're not even in the same league. Why not let's just set a debate against all the top running characters and go from there?
It doesn't, and your idea is a good one. I only put it out as an option because that was what this "debate" was supposed to be, and I thought the fans here as a collective could do a way better job at following through, instead of just running an hour-long SK promotional video with a few token mentions of K. Rool.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Why does every ballot character has to be enemies with King K. Rool?
-Isaac vs K. Rool
-Dixie vs. K. Rool
-Shantae vs. K. Rool
-Shovel Knight vs. K. Rool
-K. Rool vs. K. Rool

Ya'll should stop getting upset with Gerald from Hey Arnold.
So I guess this is his face while watching the K. Rool reveal trailer.

TheLethalPacifist

Smash Cadet
-Isaac vs K. Rool
-Dixie vs. K. Rool
-Shantae vs. K. Rool
-K. Rool vs. K. Rool
Because K. Rool is the final boss of the smash ballot and if nobody beats him than K. Rool gets in. Also K. Rool fights himself everyday to see which personality takes over for the game.
I think some K Rool supporters also support Isaac.
There are a lot of characters I personally like to see in (SK, Isaac, Fawful, Ridley, Layton, Porky, bandanna dee, Ray MK, Simon Belmont, etc) its just that I want the king in so much more than them.

Last edited:
-Isaac vs K. Rool
-Dixie vs. K. Rool
-Shantae vs. K. Rool
-K. Rool vs. K. Rool
I don't recall Isaac being K. Rool's enemy.

(Luckily, Bandana Dee and Wolf aren't K. Rool's enemies either, as I want them as well).

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
I do hope the Rare design makes it back (And judging by the Mii Costume) it Seems Sakurai still favors the more original version of characters. He looks more Menacing and scary. His new one is far too bright, and looks like a clumsy Mario villain.

One of the best parts of DKC 2 was the Dark settings. Having K. Rool look more unsettling with his Dark green scales, and Gold armor would make him stand out far more.

Here's to hope.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Don't Kutthroats and Adepts get on well with each-other?
Probably the friendliest ones since back then when more than 2 ballot characters was accepted and Wolf was expected to be a pre-ballot. Most thought both of them would be the ones chosen since they are both from separate 1st party franchises and their design and moveset would be different enough from each other.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Because K. Rool is the final boss of the smash ballot and if nobody beats him than K. Rool gets in. Also K. Rool fights himself everyday to see which personality takes over for the game.
We have 2 K. Rools because when K. Rool #1 is defeated, the Kredits start rolling, then after a few seconds K. Rool #2 comes in as the FINAL final boss

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
im not going to be there but if etika posts a straw poll or something then post it here right away and get to it...i saw this one in the comments http://www.strawpoll.me/5339360 its nothing important but if you feel like voting k rool then do it.

honestly nobody is going to gain anything from this debate expect fight with each other,we are all brothers and sisters here and we dont need people trying to make fanbases into mortal enemies
Well we are super smash brothers :troll:

Also I have to agree with @TallT , this could had been alot worse. Heck, the ballot could had destroyed the entire community almost if people were worse than now. I might be over exaggerating but what ever.

Also, Etika hates K. Rool since he has never played a DK game. He then goes and makes lame excuses like "He wouldnt be competitively viable."

From what you guys have said, Etika is clearly one sided. I'll watch some of it later and tell what I thought.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Probably the friendliest ones since back then when more than 2 ballot characters was accepted and Wolf was expected to be a pre-ballot. Most thought both of them would be the ones chosen since they are both from separate 1st party franchises and their design and moveset would be different enough from each other.
They are still quite friendly though, I believe. Second only to the *ahem* bromance between the Space Pirates and Kutthroats.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Also I have to agree with @TallT , this could had been alot worse. Heck, the ballot could had destroyed the entire community almost if people were worse than now. I might be over exaggerating but what ever.

Also, Etika hates K. Rool since he has never played a DK game. He then goes and makes lame excuses like "He wouldnt be competitively viable."

From what you guys have said, Etika is clearly one sided. I'll watch some of it later and tell what I thought.
Lol, people who say blah blah character won't viably competitive are stupid. Who ****ing thought Wii Fit Trainer would be a competitively viable character. No one. Sakurai makes characters work, that's his job. That argument is sad.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
But, Wintropy. The last one is kinda true. Some people want Rare and hate the PAON design. Others want the PAON design (lol who) and hate the Rare design. Some people want a mixture of both.
The Mii costume suggests King K. Rool is probably not getting in. He hasn't been in a game in ages, anyway.
Unlike King K. Rool, however, King K. Rool still has a chance. His last game was 2008's Mario Super Sluggers, so he is more relevant than King K. Rool whose last game was 1999's Donkey Kong 64.

TheLethalPacifist

Smash Cadet

I hate that argument "oh he can't be competitive" I mean who expected Peach and Jigglypuff to be some of the best characters in Melee?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

While I agree with Etika being one-sided, Etika also said he hasn't played SK yet either. I think he was just riding the hype waves of SK amiibo and the SK Smash rumor that Tamaki's been spreading. I think he paired the recent hype of SK with K. Rool, a hot topic in speculation ever since the kostume was revealed, to get a surge of views/attention directed towards him.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So to keep things on track, I'm sure this has been asked before (again), but how many of you would main K. Rool over your current favourite character if he made it into the roster?

I am dedicated to Pit, personally, but I would definitely play about with K. Rool. I reckon he'd be very fun, howsoever his moveset worked out.
If his moveset was like the ones I keep spamming, then yes, he'd be an instant main, no questions asked.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Stop talking about Shovel Knight,
we all know that they are the same character.

KING. SHOVEL KNIGHT ROOL.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Let's be honest here, guys; That discussion was unneeded to begin with. Just ignore it; King K Rool still has a huge chance of getting in. Always remember; we're Kutthroats, and we shouldn't be going overboard over it.

Last edited:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Lol, people who say blah blah character won't viably competitive are stupid. Who ****ing thought Wii Fit Trainer would be a competitively viable character. No one. Sakurai makes characters work, that's his job. That argument is sad.
I'm about 99% sure that if K Rool were to get in, he would be trash in competitive play.

However, I would still use him because he's K Rool.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Ah, the good ol' days.

There was Mewtwo too but he ended up betraying his comrades. His reward ? A spot in the roster.
The price ? One member of the trio had to be executed. Ridley sacrificed himself to save the King. Since then, K. Rool is seeking revenge, will he be able to join in as DLC and get his chance on Mewtwo ?
Release : 03-10-2015

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
There was Mewtwo too but he ended up betraying his comrades. His reward ? A spot in the roster.
The price ? One member of the trio had to be executed. Ridley sacrificed himself to save the King. Since then, K. Rool is seeking revenge, will he be able to join in as DLC and get his chance on Mewtwo ?
Release : 03-10-2015
Greatest story ever, 8/8 m8. Better story than the subspace emissary.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Why does everyone believe that Etika hates K. Rool? If anything he's just indifferent about him.
While I agree with Etika being one-sided, Etika also said he hasn't played SK yet either. I think he was just riding the hype waves of SK amiibo and the SK Smash rumor that Tamaki's been spreading.
I don't think he's even aware of that rumor.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
As a fellow kutthroat, you do not want to say stuff that can be taken out of context and used to defame the K. Rool fanbase. Please, don't lose your kool. These are trying times but don't let your frustration show. Kalm down.

Your avatar represents us too well right now. :laugh: :p
Stop making name searching more difficult for me!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So to keep things on track, I'm sure this has been asked before (again), but how many of you would main K. Rool over your current favourite character if he made it into the roster?

I am dedicated to Pit, personally, but I would definitely play about with K. Rool. I reckon he'd be very fun, howsoever his moveset worked out.
I'd definitely main K. Rool because I don't really play the game much anyway. K. Rool and maybe Isaac would need to be added to get me to actually play the game more actively.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

While Dedede is one handsome fella, K.Rool is himself. If he fits my playstyle, I will main him with all my heart. He will at least be my second in command, for sure.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
A brief question for you guys; I keep hearing from people that the "exclusive content" Nintendo was presenting is just Xenoblade Chronicles X. Is that actually true, or will we see some more stuff? (Especially Smash Bros Content, because that maintenance has to be hinting at something). I also do hope K. Rool is the character being added in that maintenance (if it's being used to add characters, anyway).

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
A brief question for you guys; I keep hearing from people that the "exclusive content" Nintendo was presenting is just Xenoblade Chronicles X. Is that actually true, or will we see some more stuff? (Especially Smash Bros Content, because that maintenance has to be hinting at something). I also do hope K. Rool is the character being added in that maintenance (if it's being used to add characters, anyway).
I don't think we have an exact answer yet. We may see new stuff for any of the games Nintendo is showing, but we have no hints for what to expect (if we get anything, that is). I think we would learn at least a thing or two about some of the playable upcoming games.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't. I couldn't. I wouldn't dare. Dedede in Smash 3DS/Wii U is the first character in the entire Smash series that I've ever 100% clicked with, and he's also my favourite Nintendo character of all. The chances of anyone else fitting my playstyle even half as well are infinitesimal - even K. Rool very likely wouldn't. :p

Top Bottom