• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
One thing I was mulling over was Etika's poll. Now, remember how he worded it?

'Who has a better chance? Shovel Knight or K.Rool?'

What he DIDN'T mention is 'Who did you vote for? Shovel Knight or K.Rool?'

This poll is, really, not saying there are MORE people for Shovel Knight then K.Rool. No, it's merely saying that, due to all the circumstances, people see Shovel Knight is more 'likely' then K.Rool. Most likely cause of the Mii Costume and whatnot. And all the fans just following what their 'senpai' seems to want.

Either way. That poll really means nothing for K.Rool's popularity in votes. Just what those 2000 people see his chances are at the moment.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I missed the whole ordeal but I'm surprised so many of you even cared what Etika had to say in the first place.

He's wrong about a lot of things Smash related and uses a number of logical fallacies for his thoughts. I say he wasn't worth arguing with.

Keep voting for King K. Rool and our efforts will finally get him in Smash, Etika or no Etika.

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
I missed the whole ordeal but I'm surprised so many of you even cared what Etika had to say in the first place.

He's wrong about a lot of things Smash related and uses a number of logical fallacies for his thoughts. I say he wasn't worth arguing with.

Keep voting for King K. Rool and our efforts will finally get him in Smash, Etika or no Etika.
Well, mostly likely because he's a big name. Even if you don't like him, you know about him. because of this, he's a big influence, especially for the supposed 'casual' crowd.

Also, I personally find it interesting to see someone who isn't really 'for' K.Rool, and just enjoy seeing their arguements. And then debunking them.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Eitka is a "big name" the same way AlpharadTV is a "big name": only really in small circles and mostly among a certain group that flocks around a certain game (Smash).

If it was someone who had tens of thousands if not millions of followers, like anyone from Normal Boots or Hidden Block or one of those popular Let's Players like Game Grumps or Markplier or whatever, then maybe I can see why you guys would go to such measures to try to convince them, but Etika? Really? Nah I still don't think he's worth it.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
@ S Senselessbreak How is progress on your poll? How many have voted on it so far?
http://www.poll-maker.com/results395154xD2B5C2B5-15#tab-2

Shantae is ahead of K Rool. Still not sure if all her votes are legit, because if you can click the next tab to see the timeline, and still see Shantae has a huge unnatural spike in votes (This decreases when fraud votes get filtered out), whereas characters like Snake, K Rool and Isaac have a constant flow. Might do a in depth post in a few days once SK speculation dies down.

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Eitka is a "big name" the same way AlpharadTV is a "big name": only really in small circles and mostly among a certain group that flocks around a certain game (Smash).

If it was someone who had tens of thousands if not millions of followers, like anyone from Normal Boots or Hidden Block or one of those popular Let's Players like Game Grumps or Markplier or whatever, then maybe I can see why you guys would go to such measures to try to convince them, but Etika? Really? Nah I still don't think he's worth it.
True, true. But you have to admit he does reach a LARGE audience. Quite a good amount.

That's not even taking in account OTHER Youtubers. I mean, JWittz is one. I know he said himself he voted for Shovel Knight. And I'm willing to bet plenty of people did too because 'Well, he did it, and I like this guy, and I don't have any better ideas.'

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
http://www.poll-maker.com/results395154xD2B5C2B5-15#tab-2

Shantae is ahead of K Rool. Still not sure if all her votes are legit, because if you can click the next tab to see the timeline, and still see Shantae has a huge unnatural spike in votes (This decreases when fraud votes get filtered out), whereas characters like Snake, K Rool and Isaac have a constant flow. Might do a in depth post in a few days once SK speculation dies down.
I know you guys say we shouldn't hate on other characters, but I honestly can't stand Shantae. Not because of her as a character, but because her supporters try to make her out as some goddess. Like at least Shovel Knight supporters know the level their character is on and support him simply because they think Shovel Knight is a great indie game. Shantae supporters try to say Shantae is such an iconic character in the world of gaming and they legitamently think she deserves to be DLC over Nintendo characters (not just K Rool either) who have made a legacy throughout Nintendo's history.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I know you guys say we shouldn't hate on other characters, but I honestly can't stand Shantae. Not because of her as a character, but because her supporters try to make her out as some goddess. Like at least Shovel Knight supporters know the level their character is on and support him simply because they think Shovel Knight is a great indie game. Shantae supporters try to say Shantae is such an iconic character in the world of gaming and they legitamently think she deserves to be DLC over Nintendo characters (not just K Rool either) who have made a legacy throughout Nintendo's history.
Not all Shantae Fans act like this, you know. Regardless, we should stop mentioning Shantae in here; this is the K. Rool thread, after all.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Aren't you generalizing here?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
As I said in the Bandana Waddle Dee thread recently;

Guys, please bear in mind that an awful lot of people support multiple characters*, and talking about other fanbases in what can be construed as a dismissive fashion (both in the use of certain terminology, and even on occasions where it isn't intended to sound that way) doesn't endear anybody to anybody else. That doesn't just apply in this thread, of course - it's just something worth bearing in mind always.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Lol, people who say blah blah character won't viably competitive are stupid. Who ****ing thought Wii Fit Trainer would be a competitively viable character. No one. Sakurai makes characters work, that's his job. That argument is sad.
Ridley would have to object to this.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
So to keep things on track, I'm sure this has been asked before (again), but how many of you would main K. Rool over your current favourite character if he made it into the roster?

I am dedicated to Pit, personally, but I would definitely play about with K. Rool. I reckon he'd be very fun, howsoever his moveset worked out.
i have four mains that i'm pretty good with, if K. Rool got in i would add him to my current team making an even 5 mains and 5 secondaries.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I hate that argument "oh he can't be competitive" I mean who expected Peach and Jigglypuff to be some of the best characters in Melee?
this. also what's wrong with having characters that add some extra flavour to the game? the game would honestly be boring if it was all near-perfect super optimized characters like melee fox, brawl MK, and 64 pikachu. As for if i'd main k.rool? definitely. k.rool's appearance would regain my interest in smash 4 and a heavy weight with a good projectile game would be right up my alley.(haven't found a character who's really "clicked" for me this time around anyway)

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Lol, if you have 5 mains then is it really even a main at that point?
I'd like to think so, i mean back in brawl, wolf was my fifth main, so why not K.rool in smash 4? It's called diversity and when i play against others with my characters, i make sure to pick every one of them. K. Rool won't be left out on my list.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'd like to think so, i mean back in brawl, wolf was my fifth main, so why not K.rool in smash 4? It's called diversity and when i play against others with my characters, i make sure to pick every one of them. K. Rool won't be left out on my list.
There's definitely something to be said about diversity but the point is that the meaning of the word main isnt really appropriate when applied to that many. Though more appropriate than the people ive seen who claim nearly half the cast as mains...

I can't say any character beyond ROB is comfortable enough for me to call a main. K Rool has every opportunity to easily become it though.

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
So I watched part of Etika's archived stream and it seems mostly like Shovel knight debate. Whether Etika likes K Rool or not, the fact that they were even having that much of a debate over Shovel knight shows to me he isn't the clear winner like his strawpoll claims. Or maybe that could just be people voting on a whim.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Saw a good comment on that poll in chat: "Etika's disciples are voting for the character Etika prefers on Etika's poll? Shocker."

Anyhow, people have theorized that, since we've been getting a lot of Direct-worthy material as of late, we'll get a Smash reveal soon to coincide with a new balance patch in September. Think we could see a K. Rool reveal around then?

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
There's definitely something to be said about diversity but the point is that the meaning of the word main isnt really appropriate when applied to that many. Though more appropriate than the people ive seen who claim nearly half the cast as mains...

I can't say any character beyond ROB is comfortable enough for me to call a main. K Rool has every opportunity to easily become it though.
I've seen people with at least 15 or more characters that they play listed in sigs, the max i'll play is 10 (secondaries sometimes) but your point still stands. Like i said K. Rool will be one of my mains, probably first.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Anyhow, people have theorized that, since we've been getting a lot of Direct-worthy material as of late, we'll get a Smash reveal soon to coincide with a new balance patch in September. Think we could see a K. Rool reveal around then?
Man, I hope so!

Honestly, though, whatever we get, I'm just hoping that a new rebalancing patch maintains the general fairness of the current one. It's taken ages to get to this point of there being relatively little left that's brutally and brokenly unfair - it'd be Dededevastating if things went wrong with this one. They've done well so far, though, so I'm not worried. :laugh:

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet
Saw a good comment on that poll in chat: "Etika's disciples are voting for the character Etika prefers on Etika's poll? Shocker."

All of my yes. It's mist likely

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The distinction of "main" only really matters if you play competitively. Even then, if you can dedicate yourself to multiple characters, more power to you!

Well, if he's gonna be revealed at all, I think now's a good time for it! The only character I can really see being revealed before K. Rool (presuming K. Rool is indeed a ballot winner) is Wolf.

Unless Sakurai decides to tease us for a bit longer. Save the best for last and all that jazzmatazz...~ ;3

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I do think if we get any character soon it'd be him.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
i have never been so annoyed of shovel knight now. Etika's voting poll isn't fair because his audience is mostly towards shovel knight. Seriously what makes shovel knight so important to be in smash. THis is what i feel.. shovel knight is for more casual gamers that are new to smash bros. Then the k rool fans are more old school and they think about the old characters that deserve to be in smash. We have have sonic, megaman, pac, and ryu. 4 third party characters. Some of the most iconic names in gamming.. shovel knight isn't that. Yes his game may be great, but he has not had the chance to walk towards gamings greatest heros. King K Rool has at least been in 8 or 9 games. I bet if King K Rool didn't have a costume, he would be dominating that poll just because people would know that he would be a character. If shovel knight truly does win the ballot and k rool isn't a fighter, then this ballot is a joke. We tell nintendo who we want as a character... not a costume. They have to put in k rool if this truly was fan service. Can we all make a agreement right now? Cross your hearts.....If shovel knight gets in before k rool, DON'T BUY HIM! Only if he gets in before k rool. i'm not going to support the idea of shovel knight. I'll buy him if they add k rool, but if not, nope.

well if you haven't voted, vote here on the video

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
i have never been so annoyed of shovel knight now. Etika's voting poll isn't fair because his audience is mostly towards shovel knight. Seriously what makes shovel knight so important to be in smash. THis is what i feel.. shovel knight is for more casual gamers that are new to smash bros. Then the k rool fans are more old school and they think about the old characters that deserve to be in smash. We have have sonic, megaman, pac, and ryu. 4 third party characters. Some of the most iconic names in gamming.. shovel knight isn't that. Yes his game may be great, but he has not had the chance to walk towards gamings greatest heros. King K Rool has at least been in 8 or 9 games. I bet if King K Rool didn't have a costume, he would be dominating that poll just because people would know that he would be a character. If shovel knight truly does win the ballot and k rool isn't a fighter, then this ballot is a joke. We tell nintendo who we want as a character... not a costume. They have to put in k rool if this truly was fan service. Can we all make a agreement right now? Cross your hearts.....If shovel knight gets in before k rool, DON'T BUY HIM! Only if he gets in before k rool. i'm not going to support the idea of shovel knight. I'll buy him if they add k rool, but if not, nope.

again, my sentiments exactly.

Tom the Scrublord

Smash Cadet

All I can say is that, as of now, I can see that Etika is by far WORSE than Shokio.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
So to keep things on track, I'm sure this has been asked before (again), but how many of you would main K. Rool over your current favourite character if he made it into the roster?

I am dedicated to Pit, personally, but I would definitely play about with K. Rool. I reckon he'd be very fun, howsoever his moveset worked out.
I'll keep Jr. as my main, but I'll gladly take the chance to swap out Little Mac. I wanted him in so badly, so I've tried so hard to make him work, but the majority of the time it results in me getting mercilessly beat off the stage without second thought. The King would be such a breath of fresh air in possibilities that Mac couldn't dream of having.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace

I bet very few casuals knew who Shovel Knight was before his amiibo was announced yesterday.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572

My mains alternate between Little Mac and Villager. If K. Rool was good, he might replace Villager.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
So I skimmed through the "debate" and not only was it NOT a debate, but it was 95% Shovel Knight whoring.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
-K. Rool vs. K. Rool
Like Scots and other Scots.

Nothing's ever gonna get me to drop Sonic, he's pretty much my favourite video game franchise (even if his games are **** now lol) and being able to play him in Smash is still great for me, even if the rest of the internet hates the character.

He's definitely going to be at least a secondary for me if he gets in though, and depending on how good he is could possibly become a secondary main alongside/ahead of Ness.

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet
I can't say whether K. Rool would be a main or not, but I imagine he'll become one of the characters I'll play as more often. It mostly depends on whether his playstyle clicks with me or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom