• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
What's gonna happen to the Kampaign sites (Twitter etc.) when he's revealed?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If Fox and Falco got new voices in Smash 4 to match their current selves, I think Wolf would get the same treatment. Probably not too big a deal for Nintendo either way.
That's true, but in the same vein, Ness got new voice files and Lucas reused his Brawl ones.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
That's true, but in the same vein, Ness got new voice files and Lucas reused his Brawl ones.
Ness, Kirby, and Viridi have the same voice actor and Ness has PK Freeze as a custom special. The latter two needed voice work done regardless so I suppose they decided they might as well give Ness new ones.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
We'll switch gears and focus on getting K Rool into DKCR3.
And if we have him in Smash, this shouldn't be an arduous task at all! At the very least, we'll be able to convince people it should happen more easily! :shades:

Ness and Viridi have the same voice actor (if I recall correctly) and Ness has PK Freeze as a custom special, so I suppose they decided they might as well give him new ones.
Hmm, I had no idea about that. Well, I suppose they might want to give Wolf new voice files then because the other Starfox characters have them. I can't decide if I want the current accent to go away...

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Guess you lot seen this

RealTalk listen

Everyone jump in this minecart and full steam ahead support for the KroC

Krash64.jpg

He will make it.
Hey picture the distance between the 2 minecarts the KroC is in as a gate way to the other side he can see the light Diddy has already made it for the love of his own franchise reps in smash he is extending his arm for the KroC despite being enemies.

That Kremling pictute it he is K.Rool not fully there yet he will make it.

Eveyone extend their arms my Bro's RealTalk we got this.

What a glorious return for K.Rool.

Not to return in a spin off or a little cameo but SMASH! Anything to that magnitude will be a return in his own game.

Hes almost there !!!

PS: i dont think this hurts wolf at all...i think it helps him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yet another Reddit straw poll we're krocking.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3b36j6/various_smash_straw_polls/

As nice as it is to see results like these and to hear positive quotes about fan-service, let's collectively make sure not to slow down at all with getting out the vote until we see our King's scaly green mug on the Smash website. It's not over until it's ogre...err, over.
I'm actually half-surprised we're in the leader with the margin we have. I thought someone else would be closer but I guess the Banjo-Kazooie bandwagon has significantly collapsed and Shantae hasn't quite caught up to us yet (if ever).

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm actually half-surprised we're in the leader with the margin we have. I thought someone else would be closer but I guess the Banjo-Kazooie bandwagon has significantly collapsed and Shantae hasn't quite caught up to us yet (if ever).
Thats Sad i honestly see B&K as a real thing if support is higher honestly
It could happen.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
We'll switch gears and focus on getting K Rool into DKCR3.
:link:
^^ A perfect response, really.

With this new information from Sakurai, nothing is of course certain, but us supporters of the King have a very strong shot at this very moment, and we should keep our push right up until confirmation, and even afterwards, there isn't any reason to have our kampaigns come to hault; Let's keep it up to see his return in his source game of Donkey Kong Country! This could give K. Rool his second rise as the mainstay villain of the Donkey Kong series, and really /further/ propel the resurgence of the Donkey Kong / DKC series in general than it already has, which is good.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think we'd need to do much pushing to get K. Rool into DKCR3 if he were to show up in Smash (and indeed, him showing up in Smash could very well be an indicator that DKCR3 starring him is already in development). The account would still stay open until the deed is done, though, and would probably feature a lot of great GIFs, combo videos, and fan videos (Smash-style Diddy Drop Rap hopefully being one among them).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Thats Sad i honestly see B&K as a real thing if support is higher honestly
It could happen.
Nope all hope of banjo is gone

Yooka and laylee is the only improvise we got for banjo and kazooie.

And the king will rise

Hes in top 3 of the poll

That competition is wolf, isaac, and shantae

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I think we've waited long enough to see our king make his grand entrance.
If it's based on fanservice, Sakurai HAS to add a DK newcomer.
I may want to see Rayman first, but K. Rool is the only character that absolutely DESERVES the slot.
Everyone else would be the cherry on top.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I think we've waited long enough to see our king make his grand entrance.
If it's based on fanservice, Sakurai HAS to add a DK newcomer.
I may want to see Rayman first, but K. Rool is the only character that absolutely DESERVES the slot.
Everyone else would be the cherry on top.
K. Rool is a big, fat, scaly green cherry.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Once he's confirmed, we switch back to what we were doing pre-ballot, getting him back into DKC. Based on the fact that Retro seems to be in support of it, I'm sure we won't have to fight for very long.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I want the Kremling Kampaigner blog to get some BIG updates when he's confirmed from Smash and/or DKCR3.

:231:
Once he's confirmed, we switch back to what we were doing pre-ballot, getting him back into DKC. Based on the fact that Retro seems to be in support of it, I'm sure we won't have to fight for very long.
THAT'S IT, I WANT KING K. ROOL IN SMASH 4 RIGHT ****ING NOW!

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I don't think we'd need to do much pushing to get K. Rool into DKCR3 if he were to show up in Smash (and indeed, him showing up in Smash could very well be an indicator that DKCR3 starring him is already in development). The account would still stay open until the deed is done, though, and would probably feature a lot of great GIFs, combo videos, and fan videos (Smash-style Diddy Drop Rap hopefully being one among them).
Oh goodness.
I just realized all the possible DKC cartoon scenes that could be recreated if K. Rool gets into Smash.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
this gets me more excited for k rool. If this is fan service then Sakurai HAS to put him in! If he doesn't, a lot of people will be butt hurt about that :/ well these are the top 3 I would like to see

1: of course king k rool ;)
2: Banjoe & Kazooie
3: I can't decide between either Issac or Wolf

ZcK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calamardo
Very well isnt he the most likely choice for a newcomer? After all who else do we have besides Wolf for a requested first party character from a well stablished franchise that is not already with many characters, not counting metroid because sakurai hates ridley.
Anyway I think many people already singing victory might not be okay, do not forget this man loves surprising people and he may end up chosing some obscure character in the end.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
this gets me more excited for k rool. If this is fan service then Sakurai HAS to put him in! If he doesn't, a lot of people will be butt hurt about that :/ well these are the top 3 I would like to see

1. Rhythm Heaven
2. K. Rool
3. Dixie Kong

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Very well isnt he the most likely choice for a newcomer? After all who else do we have besides Wolf for a requested first party character from a well stablished franchise that is not already with many characters, not counting metroid because sakurai hates ridley.
Anyway I think many people already singing victory might not be okay, do not forget this man loves surprising people and he may end up chosing some obscure character in the end.
^This

That's why I don't recommend to get too cocky about K. Rool's inclusion in smash being definite. Though believe me I do want to see it.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
^This

That's why I don't recommend to get too cocky about K. Rool's inclusion in smash being definite. Though believe me I do want to see it.
Agreed. As I've said a couple of times in the Bandana Waddle Dee thread, I think it's best to view this from the perspective of a worst-case scenario - I find that that approach tends to stop complacency dead in its tracks.

I want to see King K. Rool, but I won't expect to see him until he's actually there.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Likely for post

1. Wolf (the votes will be off the charts if wolf is not revealed in august. Plus that hes cake walk to develop.)
2 king k rool (IT TIME FOR THE KING TO COME BACK TO FAME STARTING WITH SMASH 4 DLC.)
3 isaac (golden sun) the other most voted for character obviously (a dlc that gets the same treatment as little mac.)
4 shantae the third one of competition of the most voted for.

Wants

1 king k rool
2 wolf
3 rythem heaven rep
4 isaac (may not know him but looked high potential in brawl.)

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
1. Rhythm Heaven
2. K. Rool
3. Dixie Kong
In this day and age, I feel like King K. Rool IS and would be an obscure character as well as a character that would fit perfectly. It is true he has not been seen since Super Sluggers and that was in 2008, but still, King K. Rool is a fan-favorite, high potential, and over-shadowed character that would fit so many of the Smash Bros. qualities.

King K. Rool is who majority of the fans want besides Ridley and Wolf.

Picture it like this. A character like King K. Rool will shock those that thought he was irrelevant AND those that thought the opposite. He is a win win, imo.
BRING IT ON SAKURAI !!!

I have to admit, I have a lot more confidence now for King K. Rool and Isaac. Mainly those 2.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This. We can sit back and think K. Rool's odds look great on paper, but complacency more than anything else will be his downfall if it happens.

I had a brief back-and-forth with a Banjo fan on Twitter who argued "People should vote for Banjo and not K. Rool because K. Rool is already guaranteed." The hypotheticals I gave in response were something to the tune of "What if Nintendo and Miyamoto indeed don't like the character and we need a mountain of votes to help change minds?" and "What if Sakurai already has Dixie left over from development and needs extra persuasion to add in Another Donkey Kong Rep?"

It's things like that we need to account for, and even beyond that, the more colorful ideas we can put in the team's heads, the better our odds become if they're looking for a creative challenge.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
In this day and age, I feel like King K. Rool IS and would be an obscure character as well as a character that would fit perfectly. It is true he has not been seen since Super Sluggers and that was in 2008, but still, King K. Rool is a fan-favorite, high potential, and over-shadowed character that would fit so many of the Smash Bros. qualities.

King K. Rool is who majority of the fans want besides Ridley and Wolf.

Picture it like this. A character like King K. Rool will shock those that thought he was irrelevant AND those that thought the opposite. He is a win win, imo.
BRING IT ON SAKURAI !!!

I have to admit, I have a lot more confidence now for King K. Rool and Isaac. Mainly those 2.
i sometimes feel like they should have replaced robin with issac lol

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
4 isaac (may not know him but looked high potential in brawl.)
Check out the Isaac thread, if you don't know, (he doesn't just use a sword and the Move thing) he has this thing called HE CAN CONTROL THE EARTH!
This. We can sit back and think K. Rool's odds look great on paper, but complacency more than anything else will be his downfall if it happens.

I had a brief back-and-forth with a Banjo fan on Twitter who argued "People should vote for Banjo and not K. Rool because K. Rool is already guaranteed." The hypotheticals I gave in response were something to the tune of "What if Nintendo and Miyamoto indeed don't like the character and we need a mountain of votes to help change minds?" and "What if Sakurai already has Dixie left over from development and needs extra persuasion to add in Another Donkey Kong Rep?"

It's things like that we need to account for, and even beyond that, the more colorful ideas we can put in the team's heads, the better our odds become if they're looking for a creative challenge.
So who won? Did he come to his senses? Just curious.

StormC

Smash Hero
If K. Rool needs a mountain of votes to be considered, Banjo will need a planet's worth.

I'm still gonna work on my video and I suggest everyone else keep doing what they're doing. Talk about the character, Street Pass messages, etc. Don't let people forget who's Numba Wan.

Top Bottom