• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm glad K. Rool sustained so long as to be on the top of polls still. I KNOW for a fact sakurai HAS TO BE seeing our input. Let's go guys! These next six months may be our final lap.

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
I just wanna say personally I want Isaac in but I hope you guys get your k rool. The support is ridiculous and at this point I would say you guys have won. Kudos to the effort. Now let's just get Isaac and I'll be happy. Either way this is the best smash to date.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just wanna say personally I want Isaac in but I hope you guys get your k rool. The support is ridiculous and at this point I would say you guys have won. Kudos to the effort. Now let's just get Isaac and I'll be happy. Either way this is the best smash to date.
An awful lot of K. Rool fans, myself included, also would like to see Isaac as well. A lot of K. Rool fans also want to see other characters, especially Dixie, its just they want K. Rool first and foremost.

K. Rool and Isaac all the way! ^_^

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
An awful lot of K. Rool fans, myself included, also would like to see Isaac as well. A lot of K. Rool fans also want to see other characters, especially Dixie, its just they want K. Rool first and foremost.

It'd be great if K. Rool makes it in because then I'd finally focus on the other characters I want in. In fact I already got it planned for who I would like to see next if K. Rool finally succeeds. I'd want Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong survivors guilt), Ridley (villains survivors guilt, have to wait for Smash 5 with that one) and Isaac (popularity survivors guilt). Also Paper Mario because he's my favorite Mario :p

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

I have never played any golden sun games but would have preferd Issac over alot of chars even some chars that actually got in....lmao...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't play Golden Sun but I can't help but be impressed by Isaac fans. Like K. Rool, his inclusion relies entirely on a grassroots movement.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, I have a lot of respect for Isaac and his fanbase. Like with K. Rool, detractors like to cut him down and say "he's not popular, it's just a loud vocal minority," but whereas pre-release, you had the Mewtwo/Ridley/K. Rool trio dominating requests, we've entered a new era with the twosome of K. Rool/Isaac sitting atop the rest.

Both characters have never truly been explored in HD 60 fps playable glory, and I really hope both get that opportunity in the coming months.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Yeah, I have a lot of respect for Isaac and his fanbase. Like with K. Rool, detractors like to cut him down and say "he's not popular, it's just a loud vocal minority," but whereas pre-release, you had the Mewtwo/Ridley/K. Rool trio dominating requests, we've entered a new era with the twosome of K. Rool/Isaac sitting atop the rest.

Both characters have never truly been explored in HD 60 fps playable glory, and I really hope both get that opportunity in the coming months.
I'm with you, King K Rool and Isaac both deserve to be in this game moreso than any other character. Also, Wolf, he deserves to be in here as well.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Well this article is certainly good sounding for us.

Sakurai has seen votes from the ballot so he's aware of what characters are getting voted for most frequently.
Also the way it's worded it sounds like they could be working on ballot characters now. "Several characters" to me is more than a couple so those last two slots aren't the last two slots for characters.

I believe it could be possible that ballot characters could be coming from here on and those last two slots could have been reserves for the first 2. So we may see 4-5 ballot picks. Which wouldn't hurt wolfs chances at all.

K. Rool
Wolf
Dixie
Isaac

And if there's 5 Banjo......

If this happens I'll never bad mouth Sakurai for as long as I live.......
If there's 5 I'm more inclined to say Inkling.

StormC

Smash Hero
It would be pretty lame if :wolf:relied on the ballot to get in as there's tons of reasons to add him RIGHT NOW.

StormC

Smash Hero
Is anyone besides Wolf a viable contender for the most wanted character left? Viable meaning not tied up in third party stuff or already actively in the game or whatever. I feel like those two are the only ones with overwhelming support in the west and east.

The good news is I don't think Wolf is competition due to being both a veteran and a semi-clone.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If I had to bet, Wolf will outright win the ballot, full stop. He faces no regional obstacles, is a first-party veteran with a built-in Smash fanbase, and was a pretty big request from before Brawl as well due to his source material. He could fall to a lesser position within the Top 3-5 or so if enough people don't vote for him, believing him already to be a lock, but from what I've heard, Japanese Miiverse has gone absolutely bonkers trying to get him in ever since the confirmations of Lucas/Roy cleared the playing field for him.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Is anyone besides Wolf a viable contender for the most wanted character left? Viable meaning not tied up in third party stuff or already actively in the game or whatever. I feel like those two are the only ones with overwhelming support in the west and east.

The good news is I don't think Wolf is competition due to being both a veteran and a semi-clone.
I would be very upset if wolf didnt come back....he is the last that needs to return imo we dont need any1 else returning but IC but that cant happen so yh...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It would be pretty lame if :wolf:relied on the ballot to get in as there's tons of reasons to add him RIGHT NOW.
That, and unlike with Mewtwo and Roy they don't need to get new soundfiles or anything; they just need to make a shiny new model and rip everything else. C'mon now. Totally not worth a ballot spot for something that can be done relatively easily.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
But gotta remember there's tons of reasons to add lots of characters, including K. Rool, just comes down to Sakurai & the funky bunch.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If I had to bet, Wolf will outright win the ballot, full stop. He faces no regional obstacles, is a first-party veteran with a built-in Smash fanbase, and was a pretty big request from before Brawl as well due to his source material. He could fall to a lesser position within the Top 3-5 or so if enough people don't vote for him, believing him already to be a lock, but from what I've heard, Japanese Miiverse has gone absolutely bonkers trying to get him in ever since the confirmations of Lucas/Roy cleared the playing field for him.
Source?

lordrogersmith6485

Smash Cadet
The pessimist in me suspects maybe Sakurai is counting on Wolf winning the ballot so he doesn't have to create a brand new character from scratch. Of course, I could just be paranoid over this. :ohwell:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
With Sakurai recently saying the next DLC characters will be "fan service" based now... King K Rool literally is a shoe in. #1 in all polls and is dominating. Sakutai literally has to hate Dk and be drunk to not include him. I also want him in to shut the annoying haters up. First they hate on Ridley and now they flock to hate on King K Rool? Seriously?

I do hope by this "fan service" Sakurai promised that he does include all the popular choices that people really want.

Wolf
Snake
Ice Climbers
King K Rool
Ridley
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Krystal

These are literally the most popular choices. I'm pretty sure all of not most will be playable down the DLC line.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'll be surprised if we get even half of those characters.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think characters from new series might be a little SOL since Sakurai could feel obligated to make a new stage which takes more time and resources. So I'd be surprised if we saw a lot of new series newcomers besides Isaac and maybe Inkling.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
You guys remember, that Several is the closest translated word to his statement, so we need to remember that it is the general meaning, not the precise meaning that is most relevant, as in a handful of characters, but more than 1.

On another note though, I would hope and think that at least one ballot Pick would be from an un-repped franchise, heck a majority if possible. Obviously I want our king first, but I think more stand alone characters would make for interesting possibilities

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
That, and unlike with Mewtwo and Roy they don't need to get new soundfiles or anything; they just need to make a shiny new model and rip everything else. C'mon now. Totally not worth a ballot spot for something that can be done relatively easily.
If Fox and Falco got new voices in Smash 4 to match their current selves, I think Wolf would get the same treatment. Probably not too big a deal for Nintendo either way.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai's interview is good news, but please don't stop voting and kampaigning for King K. Rool until he's confirmed to be in game!

I need to find another computer and be sure to mention his homeworld stage would be Gangplank Galleon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I want to see the fireworks when K. Rool and/or Isaac are shown. Years of waiting and speculating finally bear fruit (or should I say Bananas?), and it will be a very sweet fruit indeed.

:231:

Top Bottom