• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
So if Daddy Sakurai is already developing ballot characters how soon could we see them?

Lol if the first ballot character is Wolf.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So if Daddy Sakurai is already developing ballot characters how soon could we see them?

Lol if the first ballot character is Wolf.
I just...really hope not, I want Wolf, but I desperately want him to be pre-ballot because it just seems like a waste, especially since other vets seemingly got a free pass.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't think Sakurai is gonna think "I'm only gonna add X many characters." He will simply do as much as he can, as some characters take more time than others. In that sense, Wolf has an advantage, and so do other characters like Bandana Dee and Dixie that can reuse assets from other characters.

Also anyone know who drew this? It's cute: http://kremlingkampaigner.tumblr.co...ly-halfway-through-the-ballot-and-it-looks-as

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Shovel Knight will definitely be added imo either him or Shantae im 100% sure 1 atleast 1 of them will make it but my $$$ is on Shovel Knight.

I think we will get 3 more chars in total

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Why are you so assured an Indie will happen?
Its just inevitable imo its Sakurai all over.
I can litreally see it.

I got a big feeling the ballot chars are gonna suck...atleast K.Rool makes it its ok im prepared for that.

Finally having a character that i wanted get in smash etc.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Shovel Knight will definitely be added imo either him or Shantae im 100% sure 1 atleast 1 of them will make it but my $$$ is on Shovel Knight.

I've got nothing against Shovel Knight aside from him not being K. Rool, but what makes you so sure an indie character with absolutely zero presence in Japan and a currently lukewarm request base has a chance? I'm just curious.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I only think there'll be 3 ballot characters with K Rool and Isaac making up two of them.
If Wolf isn't Pre-Ballot DLC then he'll probably round the trio off otherwise I can see Bandana Dee happening instead.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Is Bandana Dee really such a popular choice that third ballot character is a possibility? I honestly haven't been paying attention.

Not that I think a spear-wielding waddle dee would be a bad choice.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Is Bandana Dee really such a popular choice that third ballot character is a possibility? I honestly haven't been paying attention.

Strong support internationally and in Japan (consistently coming up top 10 for major polls in numerous regions which is a significant fact, especially when you have characters like Ridley and 3rd Parties present)
The fourth Kirby protagonist that has been used as a major role in each game since Return to Dreamland (and minor roles in both versions of Super Star and a cameo in Mass Attack), which is major when you consider that most Kirby characters only last for a game or two.
And A FRIGGIN SPEAR WHICH NOBODY USES IN SMASH YET.

As I see it,

King K. Rool, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Inklings, Dixie.
Those are your big 5 for ballot.

Edit: He also has the largest Non-K. Rool character thread.
That should say something by itself.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Bandanna Dee is one of the more common first party characters I see thrown around and I doubt a third party as Ballot DLC.
I really don't care much outside of K Rool and Isaac though so it's just something to fill in the third slot though I'd prefer several other characters.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I've got nothing against Shovel Knight aside from him not being K. Rool, but what makes you so sure an indie character with absolutely zero presence in Japan and a currently lukewarm request base has a chance? I'm just curious.
He would fit in so good.
It will give him s name.
Would be easier to develop than others chars.
I just see it happening.

@ Banjodorf Banjodorf i really REALLY doubt we will have 4 Kirby chars...i just really dont see it happening...
Hmm...come to think of it i think all the ballot chars will be new series except K.Rool

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
He would fit in so good.
It will give him s name.
Would be easier to develop than others chars.
I just see it happening.

@ Banjodorf Banjodorf i really REALLY doubt we will have 4 Kirby chars...i just really dont see it happening...
Hmm...come to think of it i think all the ballot chars will be new series except K.Rool
Alot of characters would "fit so well" and be "easy to develop". Like Bandana Dee and Dixie.

Shovel Knight being supposedly easy to develop doesn't mean much because Nintendo has very little to gain from adding him over any other Indie character, never mind the fact that they won't.

@ Bandana Dee support: I seeeeeee.

Interesting. I'll have to look into this.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Alot of characters would "fit so well" and be "easy to develop". Like Bandana Dee and Dixie.

Shovel Knight being supposedly easy to develop doesn't mean much because Nintendo has very little to gain from adding him over any other Indie character, never mind the fact that they won't.

@ Bandana Dee support: I seeeeeee.

Interesting. I'll have to look into this.
Here's what's really against Bandana Dee
>He does well, but not amazingly in polls.
>He's Modern Kirby, something Sakurai has been acting oblivious of on par of WarioLand+World, even worse than Donkey Kong Country

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Indies won't happen in this Smash; Ryu only cemented the idea that a third party needs an epic legacy to get in(as if Sonic, Megaman and PacMan which is older than flipping Mario weren't enough).
Personally, I'm only seeing King K. Rool and Wolf, Isaac at most, as possible ballot characters, but I can't say I would be disappointed with just them.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Indies won't happen in this Smash; Ryu only cemented the idea that a third party needs an epic legacy to get in(as if Sonic, Megaman and PacMan which is older than flipping Mario weren't enough).
Personally, I'm only seeing King K. Rool and Wolf, Isaac at most, as possible ballot characters, but I can't say I would be disappointed with just them.
As Sakurai mentioned, it's all going to be fan service from now on. In short that basically means that he and the team will be only developing the most requested characters from the ballot, and to be fair I don't think Wolf is one of them. I've never understood why people view Wolf's return as almost a certainty, when he's very far from being one of the most requested characters. As far as I remember he wasn't even that popular in Brawl, at least not Lucas level. I respect other people's opinions, but I think most of us would rather like some newcomers emerging from that poll...

Also, isn't Isaac almost K.Rool level in popularity? I think he's got way more game than Wolf.

Burruni

Smash Hero
As Sakurai mentioned, it's all going to be fan service from now on. In short that basically means that he and the team will be only developing the most requested characters from the ballot, and to be fair I don't think Wolf is one of them. I've never understood why people view Wolf's return as almost a certainty, when he's very far from being one of the most requested characters. As far as I remember he wasn't even that popular in Brawl, at least not Lucas level. I respect other people's opinions, but I think most of us would rather like some newcomers emerging from that poll...

Also, isn't Isaac almost K.Rool level in popularity? I think he's got way more game than Wolf.
1) :wolf: being seen so likely is because he has a near-exact situation as :lucas: except his demographic is more rooted in US while Lucas was more in Japan and :4lucas:is from a dead series while Wolf has a clear role in SF-Zero. He was heated initially for being one of the last characters revealed for brawl and caught heat for that but soon found a spot in many fans' hearts.
2) He is one of the single most requested characters in Japan based upon data dating back to February, more than any newcomer.
3) Isaac is somewhat comparable to K. Rool IN US ONLY. In Japan he's FAR less requested.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Here's what's really against Bandana Dee
>He does well, but not amazingly in polls.
>He's Modern Kirby, something Sakurai has been acting oblivious of on par of WarioLand+World, even worse than Donkey Kong Country
Actually Sakurai considers him a main part of the group. Its not the main three anymore, its the main four (should be 5 with Prince Fluff but that ship has sailed).

Shovel Knight won't be added, first of all he isn't a Nintendo exclusive anymore and the PS4 and Xbox One versions all have more content than the Nintendo ones. Xbox has the Battletoads (YAS!) and Sony has Kratos. Shovel Knight isn't that likely anymore, if anything I'd give more chance to Shantae.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Actually Sakurai considers him a main part of the group. Its not the main three anymore, its the main four (should be 5 with Prince Fluff but that ship has sailed).

Shovel Knight won't be added, first of all he isn't a Nintendo exclusive anymore and the PS4 and Xbox One versions all have more content than the Nintendo ones. Xbox has the Battletoads (YAS!) and Sony has Kratos. Shovel Knight isn't that likely anymore, if anything I'd give more chance to Shantae.
Confirmation on that? The only thing I can think of is I think he "retweeted' a 20th anniversary Kirby thing that HAL did with bandana dee with the other 3.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Confirmation on that? The only thing I can think of is I think he "retweeted' a 20th anniversary Kirby thing that HAL did with bandana dee with the other 3.
Actually it might be that but there's also that fact that he debuted in Super Star (We know Sakurai loves that game to death) and he was in the opening for the Dream Collection (I'd say its a pretty big deal).

Back to the Rool
I kinda want him to be a kop in the next DKC is that weird.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
If after all the dlc are done, and K. Rool isn't in but BANDANA DEE is, that will be disgusting.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The hostile mentality towards other characters really doesn't make a good impression on the K Rool fans.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Jwittz is editing a new video! I wonder if its a K Rool video like the ones he did for Ridley and Waluigi.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I like Bandana Dee well enough, and don't subscribe to the mentality of "reps," but I have to say, I think it would take some severe tone-deafness to include a fourth Kirby character before a third DK character when people have been begging for the latter almost nonstop.

If we got Bandana Dee, I'd also like to see Dixie alongside him; I see her as overall more important as a playable character, and you could also have DK vs. Kirby in 8-player matches.

StormC

Smash Hero
Let's assume this is it and it's only ballot characters from here on out: I'm gonna say 3-5, with Wolf, K. Rool, Isaac, BDee, and Dixie in order of likeliness.

All five of those plus what we already have would be an amazing roster.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

I think according to PushDustin's breakdown, Wolf was lower than other veterans but higher than any newcomer (K Rool was the highest newcomer). Also, according to @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , Japan have switched focus to him on Miiverse now that Lucas and Roy are in. In addition to the fact he's got a decent amount of american popularity (who may have not voted as they thought he was a shoo-in as pre-ballot DLC, but they certainly are now) I'd say Wolf is still the strongest contender for DLC.

This said, we have confirmation that more than one character is yet to come, so it isn't cause to worry.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I have no outright proof as to the Miiverse thing, just to be clear (I think it was @Swampasaur who asked for a source the other day), it was from what another user said after checking out their community. What with Wolf's high standing in the earlier poll and Japan's love for vegetans, I see no reason to disbelieve it.

Also, from OmegaModeComic on Tumblr:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I have no outright proof as to the Miiverse thing, just to be clear, it was from what another user said after checking out their community. What with Wolf's high standing in the earlier poll and Japan's love for vegetans, I see no reason to disbelieve it.

YO.
DON'T EVEN JOKE.
i WANT THE FAN BACK.

Edit: Also, Bandana Dee on the comic ;3

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The hostile mentality towards other characters really doesn't make a good impression on the K Rool fans.
One big reason the Ridley support topic got shut down.

But now with the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot, it's a lot harder for me to argue who's "not worthy" to be in Smash as fan votes will be speaking the loudest in that case

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I have no outright proof as to the Miiverse thing, just to be clear (I think it was @Swampasaur who asked for a source the other day), it was from what another user said after checking out their community. What with Wolf's high standing in the earlier poll and Japan's love for vegetans, I see no reason to disbelieve it.

Lol that was my least favourite item in Brawl and I was glad it got cut due to how overpowered it was. Though I guess I'd rather take it over Ore Club or Gust Bellow...

(I'd be okay with it coming back as long as it is nerfed)

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Yo.
No need to flame on Bandana Dee =/
He's no direct threat to K. Rool, just another likely candidate.
I'm just saying. If some random in-game character comparable to a koopa or a goomba got in before k rool I just wouldn't know what to think. I'm not flaming in bandana dee in particular.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Er...That's because he's an NPC iirc. Every NPC had their threads closed
True, but those didn't excuse all the large amounts of flaming and insults I've ran across from supporters (not saying all Ridley supporters are like this).

Changing subject to avoid arguments, like I said before, I'm a lot more merciful on who could be in Smash thanks to Fighter Ballot (but not towards stuff that didn't originate from a video game or hasn't shown any support with Nintendo).

Top Bottom