• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm just saying. If some random in-game character comparable to a koopa or a goomba got in before k rool I just wouldn't know what to think. I'm not flaming in bandana dee in particular.
...Yes you are flaming.
By saying he's "If some random in-game character comparable to a koopa or a goomba."
When he's a full playable character specialized out of a race that has existed as a common grunt.
He's a Hero Prinny or Captain Toad.
K. Rool is a character I want to see in addition to Bandana Dee, but there's no reason fling mud about one over the other.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...Yes you are flaming.
By saying he's "If some random in-game character comparable to a koopa or a goomba."
When he's a full playable character specialized out of a race that has existed as a common grunt.
K. Rool is a character I want to see in addition to Bandana Dee, but there's no reason fling mud about one over the other.
Now that I think about it people could argue K.Rool is a glorified Kritter.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
...Yes you are flaming.
Flaming would be me saying "**(#*(#( BANDANA DEEEEEIFJEPOJRIOJNGVIOUEWHGIOEJFEI," I wasn't flaming at all. And sorry but idrc who bandana dee is. To me him getting in would be like a 3d sphere with a spear getting into smash.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
And for people not knowing who K.Rool is he would be just an obese crocodile with a crown. Don't downplay other people's favourite character without even knowing who it is. :p

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I like Bandana Dee well enough, and don't subscribe to the mentality of "reps," but I have to say, I think it would take some severe tone-deafness to include a fourth Kirby character before a third DK character when people have been begging for the latter almost nonstop.

If we got Bandana Dee, I'd also like to see Dixie alongside him; I see her as overall more important as a playable character, and you could also have DK vs. Kirby in 8-player matches.
Exactly what I mean. I don't really like him myself but I do see his potential as a SMASH FIGHTER. Other than that Idrc about the character and if we get K. Rool, I'll gladly take Bandana dee any day after that. I just feel bandana dee would TO ME, be of lower priority to someone like K. Rool. Anyone can disagree with that if they please.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm going to throw my weight behind the theory that we will be getting 2 more pre-ballot characters and 4 ballot ones, the two "marios" in the game's code to be filled with the pre-ballot ones.

Pre-Ballot:

Wolf
Veteran/Cut Character - Either Pichu, Chorus Men, etc.

Ballot:

King K. Rool
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Krystal or Shantae

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. And it's a damn impressive roster I believe.

Edit: To be fair, Isaac is definitely popular in the US, almost K Rool levels as such. The thing is, from what I've seen and what I've heard, Isaac has no such popularity in Japan and I think that's a big kicker. BDee might not have as much US support as Isaac but he's damn close and has a huge Japan following too, which makes BDee more likely in my eyes than Isaac, though I want both, and K. Rool first and foremost who seems to be leading in 1st party newcomer votes East and West which makes me very happy.

I just...I just KNOW Wolf is coming and I hope he is. It feels so wrong to have Lucas and not Wolf, those two I feel are a bundle package of essential Brawl vets. We have plenty of Pokemon (sorry Squirtle and Ivysaur, though I'd be mad down for Ivysaur) and Snake has the Kojima/Konami kurkluffle going against him, and Ice Climbers with 3DS limitations. I'd say for any returning vets, that goes to Wolf without a doubt. What I AM surprised about is how Pichu seems to be climbing in the outtake polls, and is popular in Japan (like all the other veterans). He was my main in Melee but I had serious doubts he'd ever come back since he wasn't even considered for Brawl like other vets (and was rumored to be replaced by an Ice Climbers esk duo of Plusie and Minun)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since almost everyone in this thread wants at least another character besides K. Rool, it's best not to say or even imply anything negative about other characters. It will easily turn people away from the thread, and gives us a bad impression of being all high and mighty. We've successfully avoided coming off as such since the very start of this thread, and I hope that we can maintain this even he's confirmed. :)

:231:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Since almost everyone in this thread wants at least another character besides K. Rool, it's best not to say or even imply anything negative about other characters. It will easily turn people away from the thread, and gives us a bad impression of being all high and mighty. We've successfully avoided coming off as such since the very start of this thread, and I hope that we can maintain this even he's confirmed. :)

I think a great thread like this keeps real if we all state our opinions, negative or not, and talk about them. Someone's opinion can be quickly labelled "negative" if disagreed with. The healthy components of any good conversation. As long as no one is being deliberately rude to anyone I think we're good. Only time I remember anyone being blatantly rude was the icarus guy day. :yoshi:I don't agree with the idea of "it's best not to say or even imply anything negative about other characters," because however you look at it someones always going to disagree with you. Holding your thoughts is unhealthy. I do see what you're getting at and implying though. :kirby:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think a great thread like this keeps real if we all state our opinions, negative or not, and talk about them. Someone's opinion can be quickly labelled "negative" if disagreed with. The healthy components of any good conversation. As long as no one is being deliberately rude to anyone I think we're good. Only time I remember anyone being blatantly rude was the icarus guy day. :yoshi:
Indeed. It's perfectly fine if you don't like Bandana Dee. People are entitled to their opinions, after all. It's just better to not bring it up unless you feel like you must.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Indeed. It's perfectly fine if you don't like Bandana Dee. People are entitled to their opinions, after all. It's just better to not bring it up unless you feel like you must.

Oh yeah totally, but I felt like I had to, I'm not the type to not say something I'm feeling and thinking because someone will get "upset" about it. It's a natural interaction that is doomed to happen someday, somehow anyway you turn it. I love this thread though and trust no one would be mean or rude directly to anyone here.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I gotta say though, I want K. Rool to be the first DLC. Even though wolf has a high chance of being that. I NEED a new Donkey Kong main to main in smash 4. I still love diddy but want someone other than Donkey Kong to turn to if I feel like I'm wanting to play some Donkey Kong Chars. ;(((

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I fully advocate friendliness, or at least diplomacy, between all fanbases. That being said, not everyone is going to be supportive of every character or of certain characters before others, and that's okay too.

I say this because there's this undue sense that, because we're perceived as the frontrunner overdogs, anyone who takes remote offense at our fans is considered righteous. Not to say there aren't bad apples here or there, but in general, other characters can freely punch upward at us and talk about how "unlikely" or "overrated" we are, for example, but the second we respond, we're the big bad K. Rool bullies being "mean" to sweet little so-and-so.

People should be aware of this reality before talking about other characters in less than glowing ways, even though it's stupid based on how big of underdogs we've been from the start.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Why am I reminded of the DKC TV series, and how it dared to re-use K. Rool's model for a random thug in this episode? :laugh:
lol it always made me laugh that K. Rool practically had a twin brother in that show, that was generic Kremling pirate number 2.

I fully advocate friendliness, or at least diplomacy, between all fanbases. That being said, not everyone is going to be supportive of every character or of certain characters before others, and that's okay too.

I say this because there's this undue sense that, because we're perceived as the frontrunner overdogs, anyone who takes remote offense at our fans is considered righteous. Not to say there aren't bad apples here or there, but in general, other characters can freely punch upward at us and talk about how "unlikely" or "overrated" we are, for example, but the second we respond, we're the big bad K. Rool bullies being "mean" to sweet little so-and-so.

People should be aware of this reality before talking about other characters in less than glowing ways, even though it's stupid based on how big of underdogs we've been from the start.
I still view us as underdogs even now we can't know for sure if were on top or not plus we don't know Sakurai or Nintendos attitude towards him. That alone makes me feel like were still underdogs

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
lol it always made me laugh that K. Rool practically had a twin brother in that show, that was generic Kremling pirate number 2.

I still view us as underdogs even now we can't know for sure if were on top or not plus we don't know Sakurai or Nintendos attitude towards him. That alone makes me feel like were still underdogs
according to youtube and reddit K. Rool is regarded as the forerunner by many people. I think this is stemmed from K. Rool being the longest-running DLC candidate as well. Ranging since MELEE times thanks to us fans who never forgot.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Kutthroats were underdogs? Someone care to give me a history lesson?

StormC

Smash Hero
The Kutthroats were underdogs? Someone care to give me a history lesson?

People have been wanting K. Rool in Smash for almost 15 years and only now are things in our favor. That's an underdog story if I've ever heard one.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I believe I heard somewhere that Sakurai and his team have looked at what people have voted for on the ballot, so do you guys think they are already making K. Rool?
Not yet. I think we will receive another character before October, and ballot characters won't be started until September, when the results will be nearly set in stone.

StormC

Smash Hero
At this point, Sakurai must absolutely be discussing K. Rool with his dev team as a possibility. Working on him? Hard to say.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Not yet. I think we will receive another character before October, and ballot characters won't be started until September, when the results will be nearly set in stone.

Why? Push Dustin translated article sounds to me like preballot dlc is over.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

StormC

Smash Hero
If Sakurai has more preballot characters he wouldn't show his hand in an interview. Personally I think it's a coin toss; dunno what to make of the last two Marios.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
http://gonintendo.com/stories/23723...ulled-pac-man-from-smash-if-he-had-to-use-the

Again, you have to respect the man's design choices. Looks like the golden belly is suddenly a lot more likely. ;)

Whoops. I admit I had forgotten that. :facepalm:

Though it begs the question as what is he going to do until October. I still think we can see someone in the time till the ballot closes.

I agree, and Wolf is still the one I'd vote on if forced. But K Rool has a shot at least a Mewtwo style unveiling in august, I reckon.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I agree, and Wolf is still the one I'd vote on if forced. But K Rool has a shot at least a Mewtwo style unveiling in august, I reckon.
I don't want the Mewtwo reveal. I want it to be a CGI trailer like the other newcomer ones. I'll be hyped either way, its just that the CGI trailer would literally make me break something. (actually no, if he revealed Ridley it would make me break something).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If he does show Wolf before October, it doesn't really go against his line that "it's going to be fanservice from now onwards", and he often goes back on his statements, so who knows.

StormC

Smash Hero
The sooner I know he's in the game the easier I sleep.

Unless it's a leak without undeniable video proof. Then I'd have nightmares.

EDIT: Also we are pretty much underdogs in the sense that we basically have to beg Nintendo to bring back Donkey Kong's archenemy.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I don't want the Mewtwo reveal. I want it to be a CGI trailer like the other newcomer ones. I'll be hyped either way, its just that the CGI trailer would literally make me break something. (actually no, if he revealed Ridley it would make me break something).
I feel I'd rather Mewtwo style. Not even Ryu had a CGI trailer DLC wise and I'd rather know he's coming early with a glimpse of the model we can surely fangirl over for a month or two.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I personally would rather have a mesh of the Rare and PAON design. Golden belly, big crown, jewel cape thing, lighter scales.
I'd imagine that's what we'd see, as the same was applied to Diddy Kong - a meshing of some of his Rare-style mannerisms and animations, with the proportional differences, and the additional fingers and toes he was given, after Rare's departure (I'm sorry, this latter thing makes Diddy sound like some sort of toxic mutant, I know :laugh:).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Indies won't happen in this Smash; Ryu only cemented the idea that a third party needs an epic legacy to get in(as if Sonic, Megaman and PacMan which is older than flipping Mario weren't enough).
Personally, I'm only seeing King K. Rool and Wolf, Isaac at most, as possible ballot characters, but I can't say I would be disappointed with just them.
Simon Belmont... please... his franchise has an epic legacy.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Tricky scenario:

If you were taken to see Sakurai and he told you that K. Rool was in development for smash, but he told you not to tell anyone.
would you keep you word?

Top Bottom