• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
"From now until the end, it is going to be fan service"

Yeeeeeeeeeeeah, if K. Rool doesn't get in NOW, I'm done with this company. Like legit.

D

Deleted member

"From now until the end, it is going to be fan service"

Yeeeeeeeeeeeah, if K. Rool doesn't get in NOW, I'm done with this company. Like legit.
Along with it being likely that we're getting at least three more characters. If a DK character still somehow fails to get in with at least two chances (assuming Wolf takes one of the ballot slots), there has to be considerable bias against the franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Well this article is certainly good sounding for us.

Sakurai has seen votes from the ballot so he's aware of what characters are getting voted for most frequently.
Also the way it's worded it sounds like they could be working on ballot characters now. "Several characters" to me is more than a couple so those last two slots aren't the last two slots for characters.

I believe it could be possible that ballot characters could be coming from here on and those last two slots could have been reserves for the first 2. So we may see 4-5 ballot picks. Which wouldn't hurt wolfs chances at all.

K. Rool
Wolf
Dixie
Isaac

And if there's 5 Banjo......

If this happens I'll never bad mouth Sakurai for as long as I live.......

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
So with the exception of Wolf, because we all know he is likely to be the next character announced (and more than likely released because reasons). . .

. . . It's King K. Rool or bust, yo! No need to stop this train from rolling now. Take nothing for granted. Strike first, strike hard. Cobra Kai.

Edit: And anyone else who makes it from there on, awesome! Maybe Issac? Maybe an actual new Zelda rep (Impa!)? Who knows?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, that article confirmed what I thought DLC would be like. :awesome:

Things are looking up for King K. Rool. No guarantees, of course, but I'm hoping for the best for you all. ;)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
King K. Rool is finally coming to town. I just feel like he is a lock.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
... Whatever Sakurai puts in the game... Please... that don't be Azura or Kamui... that will kill in really bad ways Now that I finish my weird time... I will continue with my Micaiah's Support :3

Fan service... Well... K. Rool is the most popular character in the Ballot.... I see him more likeable now with that affirmation.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This optimism! Such power!

Things are looking great guys! Everything seems to be coming up Rool, especially if we get three ballot characters, because I think no matter where you look, K. Rool's been at least top 3.

But even with this news, we can't give up, and we can't get complacent! This fight's not over yet!

...If I could have my way, we'd get 5 ballot characters.

1. K. Rool
2. Wolf (Even though I think Wolf should be pre-ballot. Balloting in Veterans that aren't Snake seems like a waste.)
3. Isaac
4. Dixie
5. Whatever else is popular. After Dixie I don't really care anymore (Except for Takamaru, but he's neither likely to come from the ballot or likely to be changed from an AT this installment.)

Maybe we will, but I'm keeping my expectations at 3.

Burruni

Smash Hero
This optimism! Such power!

Things are looking great guys! Everything seems to be coming up Rool, especially if we get three ballot characters, because I think no matter where you look, K. Rool's been at least top 3.

But even with this news, we can't give up, and we can't get complacent! This fight's not over yet!

...If I could have my way, we'd get 5 ballot characters.

1. K. Rool
2. Wolf (Even though I think Wolf should be pre-ballot. Balloting in Veterans that aren't Snake seems like a waste.)
3. Isaac
4. Dixie
5. Whatever else is popular. After Dixie I don't really care anymore (Except for Takamaru, but he's neither likely to come from the ballot or likely to be changed from an AT this installment.)

Maybe we will, but I'm keeping my expectations at 3.
Bandana Dee & Inklings are big contenders for slot 5... and even 4.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, even though a focus on fan-service isn't exactly an earth-shaking revelation for a character ballot, I just remembered somewhere I've heard the term before.

Remember all those dumb arguments from before about how "So and so character is relevant, important, promotional, unique, but K. Rool is nothing but useless fan-service"?

Those were good times.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You know, even though a focus on fan-service isn't exactly an earth-shaking revelation for a character ballot, I just remembered somewhere I've heard the term before.

Remember all those dumb arguments from before about how "So and so character is relevant, important, promotional, unique, but K. Rool is nothing but useless fan-service"?

Those were good times.
Oh Smash detractors, never change. Fanservice in the ultimate Fanservice game? Holy ****.

Hell, Little Mac and Shulk have their own amount of promotion they can do, by introducing gamers to series they may not have heard of, but they're basically here for fanservice because they're not all that "relevant" at the moment. (Sure X is coming out, but it's an entirely difference experience from XC).

And don't get me started on Megaman, Ryu and Pac-Man. Third parties in general are here to be fanservice. Not just for the players, but for the developers too. Sakurai was ****ting a brick getting to put all these big names in his game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
... Whatever Sakurai puts in the game... Please... that don't be Azura or Kamui... that will kill in really bad ways Now that I finish my weird time... I will continue with my Micaiah's Support :3

Fan service... Well... K. Rool is the most popular character in the Ballot.... I see him more likeable now with that affirmation.
There's no way FE14 characters are happening just yet. I'd love to see Azura at a later point because she's a Dancer with a Lance, that's epic and awesome (Kamui I don't see working very well). But I see little chance of them happening as Smash DLC since the game isn't even out yet worldwide.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well, I'll just leave how I feel about all of this in spoilers, as It's kinda long, and I've mentioned it before in a few other threads. I'm pretty sure you guys will like my prediction at least XD

Well, from what I gather, the term several usually means AT LEAST more than two... I don't know why, but assuming we are done with pre-ballot (they could still surprise us since there is still a lot of time until the ballot's end.. so don't quote me on this XD).. I have a gut feeling we're going to end up with five fighters from the ballot. I predict one fighter will be the largest fan favorite 3rd party, one will be the largest fan favorite indie, and the last three will be the largest fan favorite first parties. Of course I could be wrong, but hey, I did say it was a gut feeling XD

That said, if this did happen, here is my predictions of how it would go....:

-For the most popular 3rd party character... I'd have to give it to Rayman. As much as I would love to see Banjo, or one of the other big names show up in this, I feel like his presence is clear at this point. The hype and desire for him at this point would just be to big for them to ignore.

-For the most popular Indie character... surprisingly, I'm not to sure on this. I'd have to go with either Shovel Knight, or Shantae. Though Shovel Knight only has one title (something I have brought up time and time again, and I have put against the fellow before), the fact this is fan service changes things. Shovel Knight is definitely popular. As for Shantae, she is also a force that is slowly growing in the ballot, and I have little doubts she'll end up high up there by the end of this. Other indies I could normally think of are either too small/young, don't have a large enough fan following, or don't have a big enough legacy... (at least in my opinion!)

Now for the three first parties, here is where it gets fun.

-For the first one, I have to give it to King K. Rool. I would be absolutely FOOLISH not to. King K. Rool is a force thats been going since melee. Fans have begged for him for quite a long time and their presence is very clear. Next to Ridley, I'd have to say he was one of the most frequently mentioned names I saw back then.. save for another, which I'll be getting into in the next one.

-For the second one, I have to go with Krystal. Like K. Rool, she is also a heavy fan favorite that has been begged for for a long time. Many fans were SURE she was going to be in Brawl.. (heck she won the poll run back then asking who fans thought made it into the game..) Considering her large presence, I'd be surprised if she didn't make it to be honest.

-For the third, here is where it gets more murky. It could fall between several different characters. Bandana Dee, Captain Toad, Isaac... I can name a few.

All that said, those are just my predictions. There is no telling how this crazy ballot will end. All that said, if what I speculate comes true, that would bring the roster up to a grand total of 58 fighters (61 if you count the miis).

As I mentioned in the text, it's all just a gut feeling, so don't quote me on any of that XD

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, activity has jumped. :laugh:

Let's hope that the "fan-service till the end" hype train makes a stop at the Kremling Station.

:231:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yet another Reddit straw poll we're krocking.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3b36j6/various_smash_straw_polls/

As nice as it is to see results like these and to hear positive quotes about fan-service, let's collectively make sure not to slow down at all with getting out the vote until we see our King's scaly green mug on the Smash website. It's not over until it's ogre...err, over.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yet another Reddit straw poll we're krocking.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3b36j6/various_smash_straw_polls/

As nice as it is to see results like these and to hear positive quotes about fan-service, let's collectively make sure not to slow down at all with getting out the vote until we see our King's scaly green mug on the Smash website. It's not over until it's ogre...err, over.
"Reckless Wiimote Safety Man" beating Bandana Dee.
This is why we don't like Reddit.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
News from Daddy Sakurai:

Sakurai said:
There is a fighter ballot on the official Smash for Wii U/3DS website. We’ve received an extremely large number of votes, but of course, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were in developed even before the ballot was created. I had a grasp on their popularity and demand, though.

From now until the end, it is going to be fan service, but I can’t keep the development team together forever, so there’s only going to be several more characters. I also ask for your patience, as we need time to develop more content.

There may be unforeseen circumstances that arise as well, but I’ll try my best!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Oh Smash detractors, never change. Fanservice in the ultimate Fanservice game? Holy ****.

Hell, Little Mac and Shulk have their own amount of promotion they can do, by introducing gamers to series they may not have heard of, but they're basically here for fanservice because they're not all that "relevant" at the moment. (Sure X is coming out, but it's an entirely difference experience from XC).

And don't get me started on Megaman, Ryu and Pac-Man. Third parties in general are here to be fanservice. Not just for the players, but for the developers too. Sakurai was ****ting a brick getting to put all these big names in his game.
Little Mac was fanservice for America since like everyone in America wanted him while Shulk was very popular in Japan. lol no one wanted Ryu you mean Sonic.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Little Mac was fanservice for America since like everyone in America wanted him while Shulk was very popular in Japan. lol no one wanted Ryu you mean Sonic.
Sonic was a newcomer in Brawl, and expected to return in this game so I didn't include him.

Do you honestly think if Sakurai hadn't initially said he didn't want characters from traditional fighting games, Ryu wouldn't have gained a following? He's literally "Mr. Fighting Game" and one of the most well-known characters in the gaming industry.

The answer isn't "no one wanted him", it's "no one asked."

Villager was fanservice in a similar vein, because lots of people wanted an AC character but because Sakurai decried that concept in Brawl, most people gave up.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Sonic was a newcomer in Brawl, and expected to return in this game so I didn't include him.

Do you honestly think if Sakurai hadn't initially said he didn't want characters from traditional fighting games, Ryu wouldn't have gained a following? He's literally "Mr. Fighting Game" and one of the most well-known characters in the gaming industry.

The answer isn't "no one wanted him", it's "no one asked."

Villager was fanservice in a similar vein, because lots of people wanted an AC character but because Sakurai decried that concept in Brawl, most people gave up.
I still don't think loads of people wanted him compared to the amounts of people who wanted Little Mac and Sonic.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm just curious how much is Sakurai's definition of "several". I know several means at least 3 but it's still a vague word.

Back in the April Nintendo Direct, Iwata implied more than one from the Fighter Ballot.

Either way, BRING ON THE DLC CHARACTERS!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well anyone who enjoys Smash is considered a fan. Sakurai could add Kratos (he can't) and someone would want him technically making it fanservice.
See, the difference here is that once again, Ryu is one of the biggest names in gaming. People like to act like any old third party character is just as likely/well known but that's absolutely not the case. I bring up again that anytime anyone asked for Ryu pre-leaks, people shot it down with the article where Sakurai shot down any traditional fighting game character. If you want to bring up Kratos or even Sora, people shot those down for being woefully unrealistic. (Not to mention not even close to iconic enough.)

That, plus Sakurai is a fan too, and much of his early gaming years were spent playing SF2.

Point is, third party characters are all about iconic fanservice. Iconic characters of the industry are basically free fan service.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
See, the difference here is that once again, Ryu is one of the biggest names in gaming. People like to act like any old third party character is just as likely/well known but that's absolutely not the case. I bring up again that anytime anyone asked for Ryu pre-leaks, people shot it down with the article where Sakurai shot down any traditional fighting game character. If you want to bring up Kratos or even Sora, people shot those down for being woefully unrealistic. (Not to mention not even close to iconic enough.)

That, plus Sakurai is a fan too, and much of his early gaming years were spent playing SF2.

Point is, third party characters are all about iconic fanservice. Iconic characters of the industry are basically free fan service.
Cloud is iconic, so is Bomberman and Snake and Belmont (SERIOUSLY KONAMI DO YOU NOT SEE THE POTENTIAL!)
but back to King K. Rool.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Cloud is iconic, so is Bomberman and Snake and Belmont (SERIOUSLY KONAMI DO YOU NOT SEE THE POTENTIAL!)
but back to King K. Rool.
I agree, on literally all accounts!

So about our scaly friend who's doing well in the polls and should totally run for World President...

Top Bottom