• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet
#ScalySkinSunday

All aboard the hype galleon!

Seriously though, I'm setting my expectations low for Sunday, but I'm hoping for a nice surprise.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the only shot K. Rool has for being announced Sunday is if they do decide to talk about the ballot and slip in the first choice.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Dixie and K. Rool would likely come together? I feel that they'd want to push Dixie because of TF (even though its over a year old at this point) and her "recency" but they'd also give us K. Rool because of the ballot (seeing that he seems to have been leading the polls from the start). EDIT: it'd be a nice DKC pack

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, am I the only one who thinks that Dixie and K. Rool would likely come together? I feel that they'd want to push Dixie because of TF (even though its over a year old at this point) and her "recency" but they'd also give us K. Rool because of the ballot (seeing that he seems to have been leading the polls from the start). EDIT: it'd be a nice DKC pack
I think it depends on where Dixie stands. Is she a unique character? Clone? Semi-clone? Pre-ballot character?

If it's true that it takes months to develop a unique character, I don't see Sakurai sitting on two of those to release together.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I think it depends on where Dixie stands. Is she a unique character? Clone? Semi-clone? Pre-ballot character?

If it's true that it takes months to develop a unique character, I don't see Sakurai sitting on two of those to release together.
I personally see Dixie as... somewhere between :4lucas::wolf: Quasi Clone (Custom-Special tier different specials, relative similar statistics, but mostly unique normal moves) and :4luigi:-tier clone.

She's GOING to have similarities and a somewhat cloney feel to :4diddy:. Pretty inevitable. But at most, I see it being in her copying the Monkey Flip and her neutral B being her Bubblegum Blasters from Tropical Freeze and having a number of similar if not identical normal moves. His Jab, but with whirling around hair for the infinite, for example. A little naturally slower but floatier with, somehow, stronger aerials seems most fitting for her considering how she was in the main series.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't see why Dixie would be put out in advance before K. Rool when the smart move is to save resources on trailers and pair them together in one, Robin/Lucina-style. Unless, of course, they just totally pass on K. Rool, which could happen, but passing on him one-third of the way into the ballot with a lot of votes left to come in? Not so much.

Unless one or both has scrapped Smash 4 data, I don't see either coming as pre-ballot characters. I don't think Sakurai/Nintendo would have foreseen this much demand for K. Rool before the ballot (if they didn't even bother looking into who/what was in Tropical Freeze, why would they have any insight into the rest of the DK fanbase?), and Tropical Freeze is a distant enough memory by now to where Dixie is no longer the go-to "promotion" character, in lieu of the likes of Chibi-Robo or Inkling.

Last edited:
Booker T is better. Can you dig it, Sucka!
5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time World Heavyweight Champion.
Hahaha
Tell me you did NOT just say that!

I've been a bit hesitant to vote everyday, due to the fact we are in the dark about whether Nintendo are counting duplicate votes, votes form the same device,etc. Hopefully there is more clarity in regards to the voting process revealed at E3, but not holding my breath.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Well after just seeing that dk vine can you dig it text for the 3rd dkl it seems like a total connect to the tweet :) @ssuming that text wasn't written by dk vine themselves of course. And what makes me even more happy about this tweet is that the dk vine text mentions kremlings. So if there is an intended link to that specific text that makes me a happy dk fan today

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well after just seeing that dk vine can you dig it text for the 3rd dkl it seems like a total connect to the tweet :) @ssuming that text wasn't written by dk vine themselves of course. And what makes me even more happy about this tweet is that the dk vine text mentions kremlings. So if there is an intended link to that specific text that makes me a happy dk fan today
I'm pretty sure it was DK Vine text. I mean, I'd not be shocked if Retro does in fact check DK Vine sometimes. DK Vine is the biggest DK-related site on the net. Plus, they do follow the Kremling Kutthroats on Twitter.

That said, the line is likely a coincidence. At the same time, DKC was the only classic popular Nintendo game that was shown off in the Nintendo World Championship announcement (there were two other games, but neither were as classic and iconic as DKC). Regardless, all the DK teasing and the recently re-released DK games on VC could just be coincidence.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Dk has gotten a good amount of love this year. I really hope dkcr3 is happening. If that happens we could get amiibos, and donkey kong amiibos would be AMAZING. We just need to speed up time to e3

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I personally see Dixie as... somewhere between :4lucas::wolf: Quasi Clone (Custom-Special tier different specials, relative similar statistics, but mostly unique normal moves) and :4luigi:-tier clone.

She's GOING to have similarities and a somewhat cloney feel to :4diddy:. Pretty inevitable. But at most, I see it being in her copying the Monkey Flip and her neutral B being her Bubblegum Blasters from Tropical Freeze and having a number of similar if not identical normal moves. His Jab, but with whirling around hair for the infinite, for example. A little naturally slower but floatier with, somehow, stronger aerials seems most fitting for her considering how she was in the main series.
I could see that happening. It would fit her well and make sense. I always saw as a luigified version of Diddy if she were to be playable.

I don't see why Dixie would be put out in advance before K. Rool when the smart move is to save resources on trailers and pair them together in one, Robin/Lucina-style. Unless, of course, they just totally pass on K. Rool, which could happen, but passing on him one-third of the way into the ballot with a lot of votes left to come in? Not so much.

Unless one or both has scrapped Smash 4 data, I don't see either coming as pre-ballot characters. I don't think Sakurai/Nintendo would have foreseen this much demand for K. Rool before the ballot (if they didn't even bother looking into who/what was in Tropical Freeze, why would they have any insight into the rest of the DK fanbase?), and Tropical Freeze is a distant enough memory by now to where Dixie is no longer the go-to "promotion" character, in lieu of the likes of Chibi-Robo or Inkling.
I agree. K.rool makes more sense even though Dixie Kong is also highly requested. I would love that if that was the case for a reveal for both. Good analogy to. If that happened by some miracle, it would be the ultimate love letter to Donkey Kong fans.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Diddy Kong Racing 2
Diddy's Kong Quest 2: Return to Crocodile Isle
Metroid Prime 4: Planet of the Apes

This will probably amount to nothing, but it's interesting to speculate nonetheless.
Planet of the Apes? I think you mean "Planet of the Kongs".

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So reddit posted a "leak" about the Smash live stream:
It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that "Captain" in "Kaptain K. Rool" begins with a K, not C (not to mention there's should be a period after "K").

Try harder.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So reddit posted a "leak" about the Smash live stream:
I doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know that "Captain" in "Kaptain K. Rool" begins with a K, not C (not to mention there's period after "K").

Try harder.
We STILL have Ridley leaks for Smash?

WE STILL HAVE RIDLEY LEAKS.

JESUS K. RIST.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Agreed. As long as he's the main part of a stage's hazard gimmick, he's not going anywhere.
Let's overlook that.

Ridley's one of 4? 5? Characters that Sakurai has explicitly stated why he ISN'T a fighter in Smash 4 alongside Chrom, Takamaru, Icies, and... maybe someone else. GIVE. IN. IT'S NOT HAPPENING THIS TIME.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Shipment data as March 2014 (in millions):

Mario: 498.30
Pokémon: 235.00
Wii Sports/Fit/Play/Party/Music: 201.60
Zelda: 78.26
Donkey Kong: 56.49
Brain Training: 43.38
Kirby: 30.89
Nintendogs: 27.46
Animal Crossing: 25.94
Smash Bros: 25.10
Wario: 18.05
Yoshi: 17.85
Metroid: 13.84
Star Fox: 8.81
Luigi’s Mansion: 7.30
Tomodachi: 5.61
F-Zero: 5.00
Punch-Out!!: 4.16
Style Boutique: 4.01
Game & Watch Gallery: 3.44
Kid Icarus: 2.99
Golden Sun: 2.77
Pikmin: 2.71
Pilotwings: 2.26

There are many things we can extrapolate from this data.

- Donkey Kong is the fourth best selling Nintendo character IP, yet the amount of content in Smash doesn't reflect that
- Wario is very popular and yet Wario Land hasn't even been acknowledged by Sakurai
- Fire Emblem doesn't even chart, yet it has four "reps" in Smash (to be fair, one is a clone)
- Brain Training and Golden Sun are the only franchises on this list without a character or stage

Aside from DK, I'd say that Wario has definitely suffered the most. It almost feels like Sakurai has been trolling me personally.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. As long as he's the main part of a stage's hazard gimmick, he's not going anywhere.
Well technically there's more than one Ridley. The Stage Hazard one is the Ridley from Other M, so Classic Ridley could still be a possibility (?)

This scenario reminds me of the "Toon Link in the Spirit Tracks Stage? Toon Link deconfirmed" thing.

As for K. Rool himself... Well, the lack of the period after the K and Captain with C makes me think it's totally fake. Not that there's a site that allows you to create fake E3 schedules or anything either....

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Well technically there's more than one Ridley. The Stage Hazard one is the Ridley from Other M, so Classic Ridley could still be a possibility (?)

This scenario reminds me of the "Toon Link in the Spirit Tracks Stage? Toon Link deconfirmed" thing.
Thing is, in the OM verse, Ridley has always looked like that. It's a retcon. Not to mention Smash Bros treats it as "the" Ridley.

- Donkey Kong is the fourth best selling Nintendo character IP, yet the amount of content in Smash doesn't reflect that
- Wario is very popular and yet Wario Land hasn't even been acknowledged by Sakurai
- Fire Emblem doesn't even chart, yet it has four "reps" in Smash (to be fair, one is a clone)
- Brain Training and Golden Sun are the only franchises on this list without a character or stage

Aside from DK, I'd say that Wario has definitely suffered the most. It almost feels like Sakurai has been trolling me personally.
You and me both man.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

However the Ridley trophy in SSB4 has Other M Ridley but lists appearances as titles that aren't Other M and Sakurai's already given his reasoning behind Ridley's role. No amount of "different incarnation" would help.
And doesn't having Link or Toon Link on Spirit Tracks mean Meme Man (Alfonszo) steps in for Conductor Link?

Troykv

Smash Master

Eh... I really need to check the Fire Emblem sales... (Between the third and the fourth game if I'm not mistaken sales reach about one million; FE3 with +500,000 and FE4 with +400,000)

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Worst case scenario, if K. Rool were to be absent from this theoretical DKCR3, would this be considered a setback?
I wouldn't say a SETBACK rather possibly the final dkgame to feature non-kremlings for some time. I say this assuming each of the dkr games has its own set of non-kremlings. Unless nintendo were to continue the scenario of everchanging enemies in dkgames i would predict the return of the original enemies. Just sounds right

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
btw sakurai is so kid icarus biased. look at those sales and look at the smash bros representation that goes with it compard to dk or wario's smash representation and sales.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Nintendog, Style Savvy, and Kawashima confirmed!

Oh wait! :(

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Eh... I really need to check the Fire Emblem sales... (Between the third and the fourth game if I'm not mistaken sales reach about one million; FE3 with +500,000 and FE4 with +400,000)
Yeah, that definitely seems off to me in that regard. FE awakening alone has sold almost 2 million.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
You know, I can go back to Brawl's reveal trailer. I remember the first time I watched that trailer, and seeing Wario riding up on his motorcycle. I was waiting for him to jump off and shoulder bash somebody. Nope. He farts. Eh? What?

I remember being so confused... Then I get the game on release, pick Wario immediately and jump into a 1v1. I was so heartbroken... What the hell is this? The only moves that came from any of his games were the chomp (WarioWare), Wario Bike (WarioWare), Side Smash (Wario Land) and the B-Throw (Wario Land). Everything else was just made up or a weird fat guy joke. Wario isn't like this in his own games, what the hell is this crap, Sakurai?! Why doesn't his shoulder bash work like in his own games? Why does he spin so much for his attacks? Where did that come from? WW Twisted? And last, WHY, WHY, WHY DOES HE FART?

He didn't feel like the treasure-hunting brute he is. He felt like a fat guy joke.

It truly is an insult to anyone who likes the Wario series. There is no reason for this. No excuses.

Troykv

Smash Master
You know, I can go back to Brawl's reveal trailer. I remember the first time I watched that trailer, and seeing Wario riding up on his motorcycle. I was waiting for him to jump off and shoulder bash somebody. Nope. He farts. Eh? What?

I remember being so confused... Then I get the game on release, pick Wario immediately and jump into a 1v1. I was so heartbroken... What the hell is this? The only moves that came from any of his games were the chomp (WarioWare), Wario Bike (WarioWare), Side Smash (Wario Land) and the B-Throw (Wario Land). Everything else was just made up or a weird fat guy joke. Wario isn't like this in his own games, what the hell is this crap, Sakurai?! Why doesn't his shoulder bash work like in his own games? Why does he spin so much for his attacks? Where did that come from? WW Twisted? And last, WHY, WHY, WHY DOES HE FART?

He didn't feel like the treasure-hunting brute he is. He felt like a fat guy joke.

It truly is an insult to anyone who likes the Wario series. There is no reason for this. No excuses.
And Mario-Wannabe attacks (Down Air and Smashs), everything else are fast attacks (Wario Ware reference?) and (as you say), Fat Guy's Jokes (But with the Fat Guy's Jokes I think that he also would has the Butt Attack xD)

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
If K.Rool doesnt make it im pretty much done with this game...
I try to stay away from that thought process because I enjoy this game so much as it is. The way I look at it is if he doesn't make it then I can only hope and root for him in the next Donkey Kong game / Sma5h. I've grown to love the dk games A TON in these past few months after playing dk64 AND NOT TO MENTION BEING HERE so anything DK related really hypes me up.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool not being Smash DLC would be the most disappointing outcome possible. But it wouldn't make me turn on the game.

Top Bottom