• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TallT

Smash Apprentice
I was actually thinking about this earlier.

I'd wager the most likely Nintendo newcomers are something like this...

1. K. Rool
2. Isaac
3. Inkling
4. Bandana Dee
5. Dixie Kong
6. Krystal
7. Impa
8. Chorus Kids
9. Captain Toad
10. Chibi-Robo

I think 7-9 is pretty interchangeable, though. Overall, I think the only franchises that could get more than one character out of DLC are Donkey Kong, and MAYBE Star Fox and Pokemon. Krystal has been in heavy demand since the pre-Brawl days and SFU could easily warrant two characters in Sakurai's eyes a la FE: Awakening, and Pokemon always sells.

I also think there's a good chance Chorus Kids are the last pre-planned DLC, along with Wolf.

Interesting how many popular choices are Rare characters, between the three here and Banjo-Kazooie.
This list seems pretty likely. Especially since there are no third parties and K. Rool being at the top. I'm estimating that we will receive a minimum of 3 newcomers, but more are always welcome.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why do you think we are getting Diddy Kong Racing 2 or 3
Numerous rumors, the odd schedule of games between both Retro and Monster (seriously, why did Retro wait a year before starting TF after they finished Returns?), the complete and total absence of any real substantial DK content in Mario Kart 8, despite Diddy Kong being in the past two console games, Funky Kong being in Wii, and EVERY MARIO KART HAVING A BRAND NEW DK STAGE EXCEPT MK8. Meanwhile, Diddy Kong is STILL appearing in Mario spinoffs; he was in Mario Golf: World Tour and now M&S Rio Olympics, so they're not just trying to split off the DK franchise more.

StormC

Smash Hero
If it's DKCR3, I wonder if it would release this year. That's less than a two year turnaround from TF, though TF was ready to release in 2013 but got pushed out for Nintendo's release schedule.

Exciting stuff. I think this E3 will be a showstopper.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I'm wondering if the very persistent rumours that just won't die might have something to do with it. ;)
If this ends up being true, which awkwardly seems so... pleasebringbackpilotkroolpleasebringbackpilotkroolpleasebringbackpilotkroolpleasebringbackpilotkroolpleasebringbackpilotkroolpleasebringbackpilotkroolpleasebringbackpilotkroolpleasebringbackpilotkroolpleasebringbackpilotkroolpleasebringbackpilotkroolPlease bring back Pilot K. Rool, it's a very interesting persona that would fit perfectly in DKR!

If it's DKCR3, I wonder if it would release this year. That's less than a two year turnaround from TF, though TF was ready to release in 2013 but got pushed out for Nintendo's release schedule.

Exciting stuff. I think this E3 will be a showstopper.
Not to mention they did the Mini Direct and Sakurai is holding a Smash presentation two days before the Digital Event. They're announcing stuff that they could very well show at E3, yet they decide to clean up space for the Digital Event... Something big is on the way. VERY BIG.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Has Retro done this sort of subtle hinting in their tweets before?

Also, when is E3?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay, what would your reaction be if Dixie was suddenly revealed as a surprise DLC character this Sunday?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Okay, what would your reaction be if Dixie was suddenly revealed as a surprise DLC character this Sunday?
I'd be delighted for the folks who want Dixie to be added (I do, myself, but I want King K. Rool more), and will simply keep on supporting K. Rool's inclusion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And why would you guys even be upset, cause how exactly does Dixie's pressence mean any obstacle to K.Rool's?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And why would you guys even be upset, cause how exactly does Dixie's pressence mean any obstacle to K.Rool's?
I'm assuming there'll only be one DLC character per franchise.
I would love to be wrong on that assumption and get both Dixie and K Rool though. Not necessarily at the same time either.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here's a thread on NeoGAF to keep track of, in case we somehow get a new DK game at E3 and get to watch all the of the over-the-top meltdowns that ensue.

Parades

Smash Rookie
I'm wondering if the very persistent rumours that just won't die might have something to do with it. ;)
Is there really anything out there that discredits this specific rumor though? I haven't ever went as far as fact checking it, but the narrative that the author provides has always struck me as plausible and has had me anticipating this E3.

edit: is this really my first post on this website wow wow

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wouldn't mind as she's part of my top wanted characters too, but I'd rather for a third DK rep be something than yet another primate (like King K. Rool).

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Is there really anything out there that discredits this specific rumor though? I haven't ever went as far as fact checking it, but the narrative that the author provides has always struck me as plausible and has had me anticipating this E3.

To the best of my knowledge, no, there's nothing that roundly debunks it. I share the same view - it seems plausible to me, as well, and I'm hoping for it to prove true this E3, too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

We haven't really found anything yet. Basically, it all comes down to this E3. There's a lot that potentially supports the rumor and not much that goes against it. The only thing really of note is that Monster is really small, so that could hint against Monster having much say in the project. That said, Retro is large enough to handle most of the work and do another project (in fact, with 100 employees, there's little chance of them working on only ONE project right now), so Monster may have only had a few people working on it lately because they've been on other things like Xenoblade 3D.

Personally, I don't actually believe Kevin Callahan knows anything legit, but I did find something of note: Monster Games is also located in Minnesota. I thought they were from Canada, so that came as a surprise. Its really quite interesting.

Either way, DK Vine keeps joking about it in EVERY Kongversation. Its really quite hilarious.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Sakurai has not earned the benefit of the doubt for us to assume we can easily get two DK characters as DLC. It took three games to add Diddy and now we're on four and a half for K. Rool OR Dixie. That's not getting into the series' lackluster representation in Smash 4.

I would say DK as a franchise has the best standing to have two characters added as DLC (especially if Dixie is cloneish), but I wouldn't give it more than 40-50%.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery

This is indeed one of the thread to make this unique post.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Let's just say, hypothetically, that you love apples. You like oranges too, but apples are your favorite. Now let's say some unknown force leaves a box of oranges on your doorstep. Sure, you'll be glad that you got a box of oranges, but you'll always think "I really wish this was something else". You'll always wish those oranges were apples, and that mysterious force may not bless you with a second box of fruit.

Does that make any sense or am I talking a bunch of nonsense?

StormC

Smash Hero
Does anyone else feel the excitement of K. Rool in Smash would be slightly deflated if he was confirmed to return in the DK series proper first?

Smash is basically the end goal for any character. It doesn't get any bigger than that. So if K. Rool went from being unused for almost a decade to coming right back to the spotlight in Super Smash Bros., I think it'd definitely be bigger cause for celebration, whereas him returning to DK feels a bit like a Rosalina situation, where after she got added to 3D World, her inclusion in Smash seemed inevitable.

I certainly wouldn't complain either way, but it would be nice to see our grassroots movement pay off in the Avengers instead of the Captain America film before the Avengers, y'know?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Does anyone else feel the excitement of K. Rool in Smash would be slightly deflated if he was confirmed to return in the DK series proper first?

Smash is basically the end goal for any character. It doesn't get any bigger than that. So if K. Rool went from being unused for almost a decade to coming right back to the spotlight in Super Smash Bros., I think it'd definitely be bigger cause for celebration, whereas him returning to DK feels a bit like a Rosalina situation, where after she got added to 3D World, her inclusion in Smash seemed inevitable.

I certainly wouldn't complain either way, but it would be nice to see our grassroots movement pay off in the Avengers instead of the Captain America film before the Avengers, y'know?
To me, hell no.

DKCR3 confirmation with K. Rool basically sinks K. Rool for a slot. Despite knowing that :4palutena: was going to get in, I adored seeing her trailer (but playing her... nooot so much), and even after playing :4bowserjr: his trailer still chilled me.

I want both to happen, I feel like when one does the other is soon to follow, and my hype would be high for both.

Last edited:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Let's just say, hypothetically, that you love apples. You like oranges too, but apples are your favorite. Now let's say some unknown force leaves a box of oranges on your doorstep. Sure, you'll be glad that you got a box of oranges, but you'll always think "I really wish this was something else". You'll always wish those oranges were apples, and that mysterious force may not bless you with a second box of fruit.

So what you are saying is that OMG K. ROOL PEELED DIXIE'S FACE OFF AND now HE'S COMING FOR ME AAAAAAAH!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If Dixie was confirmed, I'd be happy as she is a very worthwhile addition and I did like her in DKC2, even if I prefer King K. Rool. After that though, I'd then keep pushing for King K. Rool as he's also a worthwhile addition.

Parades

Smash Rookie
This is indeed one of the thread to make this unique post.
I lurked this stupid ass web site for nearly a decade total and finally decided to say a thing because of K. Rool. Because, as you all of course are acutely aware, that's all that really matters.

Yeah, the potential of a new Retro announcement (of DKCR3 [featuring the Kremlings]) so soon has me a bit worried for that exact reason. Having him (and Dixie) in Smash is the ultimate end goal regardless, but damn would it feel so much more worthwhile if he shows up here first. Seems like it would validate all these years of hoping really really hard in some way.

Of all the fruit to pick and you didnt choose bananas :facepalm:

Personally i actually prefer dixie so i wouldn't be very mad. :p

BUT if dixie were to be announced on sunday it would certainly be pre-ballot. It could very much still be possible to vote him in. Its a question of whether or not too many bandwagoners leave because "we got a dk rep"

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Considering all that has been said about King K. Rool, he would be a good DK series newcomer for Smash. The DK series could use another playable fighter besides Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong and some people think that a DK newcomer is overdue. King K. Rool would stand out from both Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.

Top Bottom