• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Fast Brawler character with a Unite Morph mechanic.

Could be a really fast but weak brawler character with less teammates but with more teammates the attacks are stronger but slower.
I see. So, would other Wonderful Ones fight alongside him or would they appear only in Wonder Red's moves?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I see. So, would other Wonderful Ones fight alongside him or would they appear only in Wonder Red's moves?
It'd have to be in other moves unless you want a mix of Olimar/Alph and Captain Falcon.
So many different moves to draw from.
Swords, Bombs, Hammers, Whips, Gliders, Jelly thing, Claws etc.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Guys, .. I have to say,.. I don't think that I'll handle too well the moveset animation that I promised. ..

You know, I originally was doing the moveset as a sheet of two parts, similarly I did for Pac-Man, with pictures showing the origins of the attacks/moves or references and a brief description of every move. I already had everything drawn and scanned with a sketch style (made on purpose).... but I got very unimaginative with the descriptions... so, in the middle way, I thought that would be nice (and better for the understanding) turn all those drawings in animation with some few additional frames (would lack the pictures from the origins of each movement, which people liked so much in my Pac-Man's moveset... but yeah... would be a loss for the better).

BUT the animations turned hard as heck to go as smoothly as I thought (even if I already expected to be a little choppy, since of being doing with few frames)... I just couldn't get it right,.. at least not with my hand-drawn animation skills. :T

my last thought was doing that with sprites (edits of his King of Swing incarnation), since it's my speciality... but I think that would take too much more time; and I don't really want to discard all the drawings I made. :T

that's it.. I apologize for all the promise, but I think that I can't that in animation form (or even in the sheet for as the Pac-Man thing I did); .. but, if you guys accept, I saw a Banjo & Kazooie moveset compiled in a very simple way... and I think that I can utilize my drawings already done for something like that. =) (would just lack, again, all the explanation about the moves and the pictures from the origins of each animation)... what do you guys think?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It'd have to be in other moves unless you want a mix of Olimar/Alph and Captain Falcon.
So many different moves to draw from.
Swords, Bombs, Hammers, Whips, Gliders, Jelly thing, Claws etc.
I see. And guns, too, right?

Man, I can't wait for E3 to come around! I know King K. Rool probably won't be announced by then, but I am interested in more DLC news, nonetheless.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@ bellboy64 bellboy64 I'd shoot for as close to the original as possible, but it's your project, so I trust your final judgment.

@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia Not to worry, those Banjo drawings look great, and I'd love to see what you're capable of where Rool is concerned. It seems as though Playtonic itself retweeted your Banjo moves, so let's see if they'd do the same for a Rool one.

Here's an image of a K. Rool amiibo made by a user named Dpadlad off of GameFAQs.

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the supporters list. I freakin wanna have this fat crocodile kick some asses! :D

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I know this is a bit off topic, but how would Wonder Red work as a character? I haven't played Wonderful 101, and I am curious to know.
The possibilities are nigh-on endless, to the extent that I have never seen two Wonder Red movesets that are even remotely alike.

I'm quite proud of mine, actually. :3

The thing with Red is, like K. Rool, he has so much potential that the issue isn't creating a diverse and fun moveset, it's narrowing down the choices.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know what would be an awesome trailer idea? DK and Diddy are on a ship and familiar music plays...Dixie appears, the music is Snakey Chatey! After a Dixie montage the kongs are dancing until DK gets hit with Kannonball. K.Rool appears with a metal remix of Crocodile Cacophony, K.Rool montage with him outright beating the kongs. He then laughs maniacally as the trailer ends

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia Not to worry, those Banjo drawings look great, and I'd love to see what you're capable of where Rool is concerned. It seems as though Playtonic itself retweeted your Banjo moves, so let's see if they'd do the same for a Rool one.
I'll do my best then. ^^.. but thanks for the compliment, but those Banjo drawings are not mine.. XD, I said I saw them and liked the way to organize the moveset;.. I'll try to put my drawings in that way, though they're too more simplistic. =P

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You know what would be an awesome trailer idea? DK and Diddy are on a ship and familiar music plays...Dixie appears, the music is Snakey Chatey! After a Dixie montage the kongs are dancing until DK gets hit with Kannonball. K.Rool appears with a metal remix of Crocodile Cacophony, K.Rool montage with him outright beating the kongs. He then laughs maniacally as the trailer ends
Or Dixie appears and gets a full on trailer.

The trailer ends, but the end screen seems off.
Then a Kannonball shoots through the screen, we see a bloodshot eye peeking through the hole in the screen the ball made.
He grabs the screen and throws it away.

He does some boxing poses.

KING KRUSHA ROOL KRASHES THE KOMPETITION

Steelia

Smash Champion
@ bellboy64 bellboy64 I'd shoot for as close to the original as possible, but it's your project, so I trust your final judgment.

Here's an image of a K. Rool amiibo made by a user named Dpadlad off of GameFAQs.

His pose is like, "Why am I not already playable in Smash?"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't know if you realise, but with Retro Studios following our kampaign i think it is 80% confirmed we will get K Rool in the next DK game back.
Because, why should a studio follow a character that has nothing to do with them?
Wait wait, Retro follows our kampaign? (I assume you mean the Twitter). That's GREAT!

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
Add me to the supporters list too, I've already voted for K. Rool several times, even during last weeks Direct.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
At time of voting...
King K. Rool- 134
Wonder-Red- 131

Ooooooh, s'close.

On that note need opinions, peeps.
Doing the "gators gonna gate" gif. Hit a crossroads. I need an answer now before I go further. (Colouring is a long job. Editing later will be longer.)

Which is better?

As is. Based primarily on the original gif.

or Tweaked and more in-line with K. Rool himself. (Dumpier legs)

If I stick with the newer one I'll just go back and edit the earlier panels I did and carry on drawing with a refined look rather than the kind of jelly mess it was becoming. (Seriously he looks like crud but I don't know if that's OK or not. Personally I'd rather it look polished and consistent if I can)
And maybe shrink his *** a little. He needs room for that tail o his.

If the original gets more "thumbs-up" I'll just undo what I did.

Anyway, thoughts please. This was spontaneous so I'm sorry for non-matching examples.
Top 1. No Doubt!

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I know this is a bit off topic, but how would Wonder Red work as a character? I haven't played Wonderful 101, and I am curious to know.
Not sure why, but he has always looked like a knock-off of Viewtiful Joe to me. In my personal opinion anyway.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I love that sinister personality! I just hope that whoever they hire as his VA does that sophisticated DKC Animated Series voice
I'm sure they'll get the same voice actor who did Bowser's and DK's Voices.
By which I mean they totally won' give him a voice for the same reasons they didn't give Bowser and DK voices despite clearly being able to talk.

Steelia

Smash Champion
By which I mean they totally won' give him a voice for the same reasons they didn't give Bowser and DK voices despite clearly being able to talk.
Or Dedede. Something about them talking being too "cartoony" and them Smashing means they need to be more... animalistic? Beats me.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

10/10 would buy.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Or Dedede. Something about them talking being too "cartoony" and them Smashing means they need to be more... animalistic? Beats me.
Which is pretty bad reason.
Really wanted Bowser to say "Showtime" before he did his Final Smash

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Not sure why, but he has always looked like a knock-off of Viewtiful Joe to me. In my personal opinion anyway.
Well they were both created by Hideki Kamiya and Platinum, so it makes sense.

Platinum includes a lot of allusions to their previous work in TW101: Red is a homage to Viewtiful Joe, Blue is inspired by Dante, Pink resembles Bayonetta and three of the secret characters (Wonder Poseman, Wonder Bayonetta and Wonder Director) are based on Joe, Bayonetta and Kamiya, respectively.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I can bet that K. Rool will just have generic roars, and at max, some of his sound effects from the early DKC games.. which would be awesome, actually. (I like his voice in Mario Super Sluggers, btw)

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Which would be quite a shame. Really. K. Rool deserves much better than this. He really needs no generic roars and such.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'm pretty sure they were designed by the same people and the two series do have some overlapping characters.

StormC

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Which is pretty bad reason.
Really wanted Bowser to say "Showtime" before he did his Final Smash
Man, I'd do unspeakable things for Sakurai if Bowser, DK, Diddy and Dedede (and also K. Rool...) could all talk. Especially DK, but not with the modern voice, I'd want his DK64 voice. I mean, Camelot gave it to Diddy in the latest Mario Golf, so why's it so out of the question?!

DK's DK64 voice is so much my favorite it's ridiculous, unless of course he started singing, at which point he needs his DKC Cartoon voice. But seriously, instead of DK's weird shaking taunt, I'd love a taunt where he gives a thumbs up and goes "Cool!" or does something else and goes "YEUH!" in his deep sexy voice. Seriously, Samurai...

Thrash The Plank.

My ideal would be the DKC1 hurt sound for his Star KO.
Man, some of OC Remix's albums have been hit or miss with me lately, but their DKC albums have all been fantastic.

I'll see your Trash the Plank and raise you one Monkeys Disarm Their Kremlings (Instrumental) and one Can't Boss Us Around (Robots Mix)

K. Rool knows how to ****in' jam.

Oh, and and K. Rool Intentions as an honorable mention.

Last edited:
Top Bottom