• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I do hope his future appearances in Smash will have a Kremling Galleon stage where they cheer for K. Rool more easily than a standard cheer, and boo the Kongs if ever present. Maybe his taunt saying change a bit during his cheer from, "I am the greatest!" to something like "Yes, bask in my magnificence!" when the cheering is happening.
Omg a kremling galleon stage based off the final stage of Donkey Kong Country :shiro:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Right now, it'd be fantastic if we could follow up Playtonic's endorsement with one from another big name. . .GameXplain's Andre and JonTron are probably the biggest gets, since both have expressed a desire for the Kremlings to return in their videos.

If everyone could get on Twitter and tweet their requests for @JonTronShow and @AndreSegers, there'd be a better chance of that happening. Everyone who can, please do so!

Paraka

Smash Rookie
Well let me ask this; If Nintendo-be-damned, K. Rool does not get a full fledged costumes as alternate colors, how bitter would you be if his color palette instead used those colors to represent his costumes (and his Kremling Kolleagues)?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Hopefully I didn't sound too pushy/rowdy. Text constraints on tweets : P

Last edited:

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice

I love this image (it makes more sense if you have watched gurren lagann especially because ridley = kamina) anyways Don't underestimate us. We don't care about time, or space or... multi-dimensional whatevers! We don't give a damn about that. Force your way down a path YOU choose to take, and do it all yourself! That's the way Team K. Rool-Ridley rolls!
JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

StormC

Smash Hero
Well let me ask this; If Nintendo-be-damned, K. Rool does not get a full fledged costumes as alternate colors, how bitter would you be if his color palette instead used those colors to represent his costumes (and his Kremling Kolleagues)?
I'm not expecting alt costumes so that would be perfectly fine. Alt costumes would definitely be going out of their way so I wouldn't really be disappointed if they didn't make the cut.

EDIT: REPTILE VILLAIN GURREN LAGANN IS THE BEST PICTURE ON THE PLANET

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I'm not expecting alt costumes so that would be perfectly fine. Alt costumes would definitely be going out of their way so I wouldn't really be disappointed if they didn't make the cut.
Eh, they're already going out of their way by doing dlc in the first place, why not go all the way? After all; the King deserves best! :cool:

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd be over the moon to have K. Rool playable in any capacity, so costumes referencing Kaptain, Baron, Krusha or otherwise would just be icing. Hell, I'd love color swaps for the default King outfit that make reference to the others. It'd be less obnoxious to work with if he actually uses the crown toss as a move (which I find unimaginative, if iconic), so you wouldn't have to make different projectile skins.

In fact, now I'm interested to see K. Rool palette swaps based on each of the personas. Maybe I could see him having the Kaptain coat or Krusha boxers.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I do believe if they put King K in the game, he will at least get his Pirate Costume as 1 alt. I mean Little Mac (as a Newcomer) has 16 different costumes. 8 different colors of his normal look and then 8 for his gym sweatshirt look, but who knows. Wario had twice as much as everyone in Brawl.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
Right now, it'd be fantastic if we could follow up Playtonic's endorsement with one from another big name. . .GameXplain's Andre and JonTron are probably the biggest gets, since both have expressed a desire for the Kremlings to return in their videos.

If everyone could get on Twitter and tweet their requests for @JonTronShow and @AndreSegers, there'd be a better chance of that happening. Everyone who can, please do so!
When did jontron said that he would like to see the kremlings return?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't recall, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me, considering how much of an incredible Rare golden age fanboy he is! :shades:

StormC

Smash Hero
Eh, they're already going out of their way by doing dlc in the first place, why not go all the way? After all; the King deserves best! :cool:
I agree, but if K. Rool got added as DLC, I would do my best to not look that gift crocodile in the mouth.

StormC

Smash Hero
I really like blue and black K. Rool any time I see it. I REALLY do hope that he gets different skin colors; one of my biggest disappointments with Palutena was that none of her alts changed her hair color.

Has anyone been keeping track of how many followers the Kremling Kampaign Twitter has gotten since the Direct? It feels like it gets a dozen or so a day, and it's great.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Not explicit support, but he did snark about how crappy the Tikis were in his review.

"HE'S IN HE'S IN HE'S IN oh they didn't show costumes HE'S IN HE'S IN HE'S IN"

I think enough people cite his different wardrobes as reasons they like the character that they'd bother adding at least Kaptain (maybe not Baron, since he's more obscure), but even just normal King is perfectly satisfying.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I also endorse the Black color scheme on K Rool. Blue is really nice too.

I think K Rool -might- have a second set of costumes with his Kaptain outfit, just like how Wario has his Warioware and Classic Plumber outfits, or how Little Mac has regular tank and trunks and also the sweater. But K Rool with just palette swaps will make the Kutthroats overjoyed for the mere fact that K Rool is playable.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
This quote always comes back to me when thinking of how Sakurai is...

-“Even if a character is highly popular and famous, they might not be chosen to appear as a fighter in Smash Bros because they lack uniqueness. On the other hand, if a character seems to have the potential to exhibit an interesting characteristic, they might be selected regardless of their popularity.”

We have to make this MAN see that King K. IS and CAN be very unique in many ways!

King K. RoOl could have the most interesting characteristic in the entire game...surely he will see it this time if King K. was already considered before and not chosen.

He could be the first Heavy-weight Ranged-Zoner/Trap character that Smash has ever had!

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
How would you guys feel if K. Rool got in but ended up being really low-tier? I'm afraid he would be, considering how all the heavy characters in Smash 4 are low-tier.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Actually Bowser and Dedede are not bad, if not mid-high tier. I thought Bowser was among the top for a while. Plus, K Rool would likely have what Bowser and Dedede do not, and that's a bevvy of projectiles.

Edit: Oh god, envisioning a heavy weight projectile/trapper makes me think of a combination of Bowser and Villager. Could you imagine Bowser with Lloyd Rocket / Tree / Slingshot spam?

Edit Again: People keep calling the Heavy/Projectile/Trapper the same archetype Snake had, and he was among the top tier in Brawl. If K Rool goes down that same path, I think he'd actually turn out at least decent. ESPECIALLY if he takes Snake's recovery via his Roolenstein helicopter pack. Even if K Rool was last place on the tier list, most people here would still try to main him and make him work.

I play Charizard.

I know of these things.

Still don't believe me?

I mained Pichu in Melee.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Chuckled at that Charizard K. Rool color.
And, as someone who plays Charizard and Zelda. I dont mind if he is low too. Granted, he wont be high considering heavy characters never get to be that good in Smash games (I think Dedede barely managed in Brawl thanks to the chain grab).
Besides, Sm4sh feels really balanced. That plus the experience and recollected data they have so far of the For Glory results. Maybe they will have the right idea to make a solid character this time.
And we all know K. Rool hard-counters Donkey and Diddy.

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. . . I picture it moving like G&W's FS, with the attack button being used to send out the daggers and punching gloves, and the floating helmet randomly shooting lazers
I agree that the KAOS can be a very suitable possible Final Smash since K Rool wants to take down his foes with a gizmo-ridden robot.

If we look at the video, we can reshape it to better fit the K Rool's insane personality.

Starting with the movement, the rocket thrust moves based on joystick to tilt the ship to the direction, which may be a little wonky, but makes the machine funnier to play. The blades will always be running to allow the ship to ram against opponents for damage build-up. The punching glove arms are controlled by pressing A, pushing the arm forward to deal little more damage with high knock back, one punching glove at a time. The robot head can be controlled by pressing B to shoot lasers that target the closest fighter, and the longer you hold B, the stronger the laser. After a limited amount of time, K. Rool will eject from KAOS and the machine self-destructs shortly, sending fighters flying off screen when hit by the explosion.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
How would you guys feel if K. Rool got in but ended up being really low-tier? I'm afraid he would be, considering how all the heavy characters in Smash 4 are low-tier.
Even if he were "low-tier" so-to-say it wouldn't bother me the slightest. Smash 4 is kind of the game where if you know your character inside & out you'll have good success. The only time tiers matter KiNd Of is at the HIGHEST of high-level competitive play. But yeah, would be totally fine with that, King K. Rool being in smash is a gift enough, no matter how much of a dumpster he could turn out to be xD

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
As long as he isn't Melee Mewtwo level, I'm fine with whatever. I just want to have fun playing as him.

Top Bottom