• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Charizard is clearly the best in the game. :4charizard:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
If King K. Rool makes it in someone needs to do a big bombastic cover of one of us for the occasion.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
It's a group of original Rareware creators who have joined together to make project ukelele as well as possible future games, basically it's a new 2nd party.
Hum no. If by "2nd party" you mean "studio not not owned by Nintendo but producing only games from them" then you're wrong. At this point they're an independent 3rd party studio and I doubt Project Ukulele will be Wii U exclusive anyway (which is for the best, as a wider audience is always a good thing for a genre's revival).

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Literally Krushing the Kompetition!

I say that but again, I always tell myself, they're all unofficial.

Still, it's nice to see the characters up there. Not just K Rool at the top, but also Banjo, Wolf, Ridley, and even Shantae. These picks seem to match up pretty well with the names I've been seeing pop up.

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Found this on twitter.
I'm guessing this isn't real, but if this is the competition we have to work with I think I can rest easy tonight. half of them are third party, 4 of them are cut veterans, and 2 of them already have a role in the game. However, in order to Kompletely krush the Kompetition we need to keep voting everyday.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's from a Reddit poll from last weekend. Same one where K. Rool was the top voted comment.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's from a Reddit poll from last weekend. Same one where K. Rool was the top voted comment.
Seems like a different list than the first one we pulled from the same thread, could be more recent. All the same, good to see the King still topping the polls, let's just keep up the good work, Kutthroats!

All of my yes. :falcon:

K. Rool Krushes the Kompetition would be my preference though.

:231:
I always liked "K. Rool Krashes the Party" just because it seems like it fits him well. Then again, so does Krushes the Kompetition.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Point is we need to replace every "c" that starts a word with a "k".

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
How would you guys feel if K. Rool got in but ended up being really low-tier? I'm afraid he would be, considering how all the heavy characters in Smash 4 are low-tier.
I don't play the game at anywhere near a high enough level to care.

@the101 - that's a great set of recolours. I imagine we'll get at least that blue. The only acceptable substitute for the black and gold is a Baron Kostume with a black lab coat which I imagine looking extremely cool.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Found this on twitter.
yes yes yes yes yes yes ye syes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes ye sye sye sye sye yes yes YES!

Dislike how high Banjo & Paper Mario are though. And the wasted votes for Ridley. (imo DLC is more important than influencing Smash 5.)

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Found another poll here on 4chan:
strawpoll.me/4056097/
(Still can't post real links XD)

Get voting!

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
At time of voting...
King K. Rool- 134
Wonder-Red- 131

Ooooooh, s'close.

On that note need opinions, peeps.
Doing the "gators gonna gate" gif. Hit a crossroads. I need an answer now before I go further. (Colouring is a long job. Editing later will be longer.)

Which is better?

As is. Based primarily on the original gif.

or Tweaked and more in-line with K. Rool himself. (Dumpier legs)

If I stick with the newer one I'll just go back and edit the earlier panels I did and carry on drawing with a refined look rather than the kind of jelly mess it was becoming. (Seriously he looks like crud but I don't know if that's OK or not. Personally I'd rather it look polished and consistent if I can)
And maybe shrink his ass a little. He needs room for that tail o his.

If the original gets more "thumbs-up" I'll just undo what I did.

Anyway, thoughts please. This was spontaneous so I'm sorry for non-matching examples.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
I don't know if you realise, but with Retro Studios following our kampaign i think it is 80% confirmed we will get K Rool in the next DK game back.
Because, why should a studio follow a character that has nothing to do with them?

At time of voting...
King K. Rool- 134
Wonder-Red- 131

Ooooooh, s'close.

Doing the "gators gonna gate" gif. Hit a crossroads. I need an answer now before I go further. (Colouring is a long job. Editing later will be longer.)

Which is better?

If I stick with the newer one I'll just go back and edit the earlier panels I did and carry on drawing with a refined look rather than the kind of jelly mess it was becoming. (Seriously he looks like crud but I don't know if that's OK or not. Personally I'd rather it look polished and consistent if I can)
And maybe shrink his *** a little. He needs room for that tail o his.

Anyway, thoughts please. This was spontaneous so I'm sorry for non-matching examples.
they both look good so its kinda hard to choose...
i personally like the top one more(it looks more krooly to me with the muscles and such,plus i dont want to add more work onto you).

its looking great so far.

honestly it dont matter which you choose,krool is still krool.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
At time of voting...
King K. Rool- 134
Wonder-Red- 131

Ooooooh, s'close.

Which is better?

I think the latter looks more in line with K. Rool's design, and I think the pose fits better with the context. I'd say go with the second one.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Which is better?

I like the first one more, because the legs look more natural to me.

And his ass is a little too pronounced in the second one.

:231:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Really confused by how popular Wonder Red is in 4chan. Nothing against the guy but he doesn't seem to be as popular generally as he is there.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I'm expecting K.Rool will be somewhere in the DLC roster, especially since;
A) They're limiting requests to video games (and presumably votes to other media characters would not count)
B) K.Rool has a huge following, so he'd be a big seller.
and C) Retro Studios also seems interested in using the character again; considering DKCR and DKC:TF were both using original ideas, it's possible Retro will want to close out the trilogy by making K.Rool the antagonist again. Making K.Rool DLC would be the perfect way to promote a new Retro DK game, especially if that game is K.Rool's grand return.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Really confused by how popular Wonder Red is in 4chan. Nothing against the guy but he doesn't seem to be as popular generally as he is there.
Wonderful 101 (as Wonderful as it is) didn't sell very well so very few people are actually fans of the character in comparison to K Rool.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know this is a bit off topic, but how would Wonder Red work as a character? I haven't played Wonderful 101, and I am curious to know.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I know this is a bit off topic, but how would Wonder Red work as a character? I haven't played Wonderful 101, and I am curious to know.

Fast Brawler character with a Unite Morph mechanic.

Could be a really fast but weak brawler character with less teammates but with more teammates the attacks are stronger but slower.

Last edited:
Top Bottom