• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guidance idea!
Pit: Lady Palutena, is that who I think it is? Please tell me I'm not seeing things!
Palutena: Let's see...Oh gosh! That's King K.Rool! I can't believe it!
Viridi: He's just a big fat crocodile, what's so special about him?
Pit & Palutena: JUST A BIG FAT CROCODILE?!
Pit: He's one of the coolest animals around! He's smart too!
Palutena: He's very popular don't you know
Viridi: Whatever, like he's relevant anyway. Watch out for that Blunderbuss, that thing is
Pit: Capable of shooting cannonballs and mist!
Viridi: How did you?
Palutena: How did Pit know? Everyone's a fan of King K.Rool!
Viridi: HE'S ONE OF THE BAD GUYS!
Pit: Forget it Viridi, you're, what, 8? You're too young to understand

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
My ideal would be the DKC1 hurt sound for his Star KO.
It's exactly what I thought. XD... would be amazing! .. but then again, Pac-Man didn't get his classic "dying sound effect" from the Arcades when he gets a Star K.O. (I mean,.. seriously??)...

But whatever K. Rool sounds (or looks), I'll be satisfied to have him as a playable character in Smash, as how he deserves! (I would just worry more about his moveset being faithful to his story... you know.. we have good and bad examples in Smash;.. Ganon, Wario... ).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's exactly what I thought. XD... would be amazing! .. but then again, Pac-Man didn't get his classic "dying sound effect" from the Arcades when he gets a Star K.O. (I mean,.. seriously??)...

But whatever K. Rool sounds (or looks), I'll be satisfied to have him as a playable character in Smash, as how he deserves! (I would just worry more about his moveset being faithful to his story... you know.. we have good and bad examples in Smash;.. Ganon, Wario... ).
Wario's erratic movements could be representing Warioware

StormC

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai for whatever reason doesn't consider Wario Land a full-fledged spin-off series. When he considered adding Wario in Melee, he was going to add him as a Mario character.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I mean, you'd have to be a complete moron to miss his star games that's why I'd say we're in a good spot for when they make his moveset.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mean, you'd have to be a complete moron to miss his star games that's why I'd say we're in a good spot for when they make his moveset.
The WarioWare games are at least popular; it'd make zero sense for K. Rool to have a moveset that ignores his popular games and pulls from KoS, JC and Barrel Blast. Or worse, he's the sports character. :troll:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
The WarioWare games are at least popular; it'd make zero sense for K. Rool to have a moveset that ignores his popular games and pulls from KoS, JC and Barrel Blast. Or worse, he's the sports character. :troll:
K Rool confirmed as Daisy clone.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I wouldn't mind to have some moves and animations based on his modern appearances as well, as long the MAIN moves are based from his boss fights from the DKC and DKL trilogies, plus DK64 (which, is actually what I doing right now in my idea of moveset for K. Rool)

actually, I'd love to see some of this as one of his taunts

Wario just ended getting his priorities reversed... WarioWare should be a secondary base for his moveset. :\

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Well they were both created by Hideki Kamiya and Platinum, so it makes sense.

Platinum includes a lot of allusions to their previous work in TW101: Red is a homage to Viewtiful Joe, Blue is inspired by Dante, Pink resembles Bayonetta and three of the secret characters (Wonder Poseman, Wonder Bayonetta and Wonder Director) are based on Joe, Bayonetta and Kamiya, respectively.
Wow! Good to know :D. Never noticed that!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I hope K. Rool gets the hop from DKC with the same sound effect. Or atleast when he jumps he makes the sound.

I love the idea of the Blunderbuss but for some reason I just can't imagine them using it I don't know why. I feel like we'll get moves from his DKC appearance mostly and maybe some stuff from 64. His recovery could be his barrel blast barrel. I don't know why I just have this feeling if he gets in he won't have a weapon. If Sakurai is the meticulous man I think he is he would probably see the BB as out of place because he isn't in his pirate garb as a default. There for he may not give it to him instead pulling moves from his appearances as King K. Rool rather than Kaptain or Baron. I always thought it was odd that Kaptain K. Rool never even had a trophy in Smash but Kirby gets a billion for his alternate costumes when he steals powers......Seems like Sakurai may ignore DK 2-3 in favor of his other appearences. I wouldn't complain though I just want the King....

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I wouldn't mind to have some moves and animations based on his modern appearances as well, as long the MAIN moves are based from his boss fights from the DKC and DKL trilogies, plus DK64 (which, is actually what I doing right now in my idea of moveset for K. Rool)

actually, I'd love to see some of this as one of his taunts

Wario just ended getting his priorities reversed... WarioWare should be a secondary base for his moveset. :\
Modern appearance-wise, there's really not much to use as far as I'm aware. I've not played barrel blast, but King of Swing only has a spin (which would be fine as a Nair or Dash attack) and Jungle Climber will only be referenced if they decide to use King Kraid Rool as the Final Smash - which isn't optimal but I don't use them so wouldn't really care.

I hope K. Rool gets the hop from DKC with the same sound effect. Or atleast when he jumps he makes the sound.

I love the idea of the Blunderbuss but for some reason I just can't imagine them using it I don't know why. I feel like we'll get moves from his DKC appearance mostly and maybe some stuff from 64. His recovery could be his barrel blast barrel. I don't know why I just have this feeling if he gets in he won't have a weapon. If Sakurai is the meticulous man I think he is he would probably see the BB as out of place because he isn't in his pirate garb as a default. There for he may not give it to him instead pulling moves from his appearances as King K. Rool rather than Kaptain or Baron. I always thought it was odd that Kaptain K. Rool never even had a trophy in Smash but Kirby gets a billion for his alternate costumes when he steals powers......Seems like Sakurai may ignore DK 2-3 in favor of his other appearences. I wouldn't complain though I just want the King....
Kirby uses abilities from his game without the associated costumes, such as Fighter without the bandana. Mario uses the Cape when not wearing it. Charizard happily conjures rocks out of thin air. There is literally nowhere PG that DK could store the bongos he pulls out of nowhere for his Final Smash. I think you're worrying about this more than you need to.

I'd also add that every character looks out of place when items are added to the mix anyway.

Last edited:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace

I'd LOVE if his jump sounds were implemented the same way as they sounded from dkc1. But I agree the blunderbuss idea seems like a longshot. We'll have to wait and see : P. I'm just dying for some type of response from Nintendo about the polls, and it's only been a week lol.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Modern appearance-wise, there's really not much to use as far as I'm aware. I've not played barrel blast, but King of Swing only has a spin (which would be fine as a Nair or Dash attack) and Jungle Climber will only be referenced if they decide to use King Kraid Rool as the Final Smash - which isn't optimal but I don't use them so wouldn't really care.

Kirby uses abilities from his game without the associated costumes, such as Fighter without the bandana. Mario uses the Cape when not wearing it. Charizard happily conjures rocks out of thin air. There is literally nowhere PG that DK could store the bongos he pulls out of nowhere for his Final Smash. I think you're worrying about this more than you need to.

I'd also add that every character looks out of place when items are added to the mix anyway.
He has a cannonball state and some spike balls that he just randomly throws in Jungle Climber that could work for his moveset (well, somehow..). But as I said are tiny details.. is not like they're more interesting or more memorable than his moves when Rare was around. (much like the games. XD.. though I really like Jungle Climber. =P)... The biggest worry we need to have is if his moveset is more made from the scratch than anything.. or worse.. being a clone of someone (which would be the worst scenario.. since nobody in Smash has moveset that could work to him).

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I feel like the blunderbuss is so obvious I can't see Sakurai not using it. It's like Diddy having the Peanut Popguns and Rocketbarrel Boost, it was just meant to be. But who knows.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
HOLY ****! http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/former_rare_devs_playtonic_want_donkey_kong_country_vuillain_k_rool_in_super_smash_bros

Guys, I'm done. We have the CREATORS behind us. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but it's feeling like there is no possible way to stop the King.

THIS IS OUR FINEST HOUR!!!!

Edit: whoops, I got so excited I did't realize this had already been posted... Apologies.
It's nice how much more positive the comments section for the article on NintendoLife is than the one on NintendoNews. Really makes you feel good! :shades:

Paraka

Smash Rookie
I used Melee Mewtwo and Brawl Ganondorf. So I'm used to characters I like sucking.
Amen, brother. However, I learned interesting mechanics when I used to play Melee on the pro circuits locally, which is use the terrible assets as mind games to the opposing player. Makes for a really interesting battle.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
It's nice how much more positive the comments section for the article on NintendoLife is than the one on NintendoNews. Really makes you feel good! :shades:
It's still got its fair share of "Eww, the iconic villain of one of Nintendo's oldest series is uninteresting and irrelevant, excuse me whilst I vote for the purple clone of Luigi who has never appeared in a non party game and whose sole purpose for existing was to give Wario a partner in Mario Tennis, despite the fact he's already being used as an assist trophy".

Paraka

Smash Rookie
It's still got its fair share of "Eww, the iconic villain of one of Nintendo's oldest series is uninteresting and irrelevant, excuse me whilst I vote for the purple clone of Luigi who has never appeared in a non party game and whose sole purpose for existing was to give Wario a partner in Mario Tennis, despite the fact he's already being used as an assist trophy".
Hey now, I do believe there needs to be some understanding as to why some will think Waluigi is a good choice. I mean, I do like him as a character overall, but I cannot find even myself voting for him in the long run simply cause there is no meat on his resume.

... That and he's not girthy and green.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Hum no. If by "2nd party" you mean "studio not not owned by Nintendo but producing only games from them" then you're wrong. At this point they're an independent 3rd party studio and I doubt Project Ukulele will be Wii U exclusive anyway (which is for the best, as a wider audience is always a good thing for a genre's revival).
"Well excuuuse me princess". Anyway, they did mention that they' d be interested in working with Nintendo again so the chances are'nt too unlikely, plus all their beat games were dor snes and n64.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That's fair, and I actually made an account on there to explain to someone who was confused that K. Rool and the Kremlings are not in fact owned by Rare. One day. One day people will stop thinking that...

C'mon Retro, where's DKCR3 with muh Rool?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You'd think they would've stopped thinking that with Smash Run and the trophies, it's really confusing why that mindset is still around.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I have a question about DK's future in Smash Bros.

Is possible put a not-Donkey Kong (arcade) item from DK Series in Smash?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yes, it is, from a legal standpoint, if that's what you're asking. Nintendo owns EVERY unique creation in the DKC games and DK64.

You'd think they would've stopped thinking that with Smash Run and the trophies, it's really confusing why that mindset is still around.
It'll take a bonafide DK game that isn't a spin-off for it to sink in to people.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I have a question about DK future in Smash Bros.

Is possible put a not-Donkey Kong (arcade) item from DK Series in Smash?
I can't see items as DLC, but in Smash 5 totally.
There was the barrel in Melee that was removed.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Hey now, I do believe there needs to be some understanding as to why some will think Waluigi is a good choice. I mean, I do like him as a character overall, but I cannot find even myself voting for him in the long run simply cause there is no meat on his resume.

... That and he's not girthy and green.
I don't have anything in particular against Waluigi to be honest. In a sense I quite like the character, but that is in the sense places like BitF have chosen to interpret him. If you take away this fan interpretation then the only characterisation of him I can remember sticking out was from Mario Strikers (Great game, though the reason I used him in it was due to stats, not the character).

However none of this has to do with my opinion of him in Smash - which is that Waluigi will never and should never get a playable spot unless things change and he gets a starring role in a main game (which I'd be totally down for; having him and Wario as rivals and bosses or unlockable characters in a Mario game would be great in my opinion). I have a similar opinion of Daisy; though she did originate in a main game I feel she's resigned to nothing more than bolstering the roster of Mario spin-offs at this point.

All this said I have nothing against the characters or their fans in general, and to any of them reading this, I apologise if I sound antagonistic. I am just getting fed up of detractors who, rather than simply saying "I don't like him", dismiss some aspect of him despite having never seen him in action. I don't expect them to sit and play the DK games he's in either; I haven't played any of the "golden era" DK games as I didn't own consoles at that time and don't have a Wii U to get rereleases. But is it so hard to watch a single boss battle before making up conclusions?

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
just finished some k rool fanart,i worked extra hard on it and i tried to make it as 3d looking as i could
That's pretty great, man. I hope your proud of it. That's one of the real joys I get from drawing personally- I know in the end it'll be worth all the effort to see the finished product come together.

I'd say you especially deserve good praise for your metallic shading. That's something I struggle with from time to time and yours looks pretty decent.

Are you going to incorporate it into the drawing you drew before (the one you have as your avatar)?

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That's fair, and I actually made an account on there to explain to someone who was confused that K. Rool and the Kremlings are not in fact owned by Rare. One day. One day people will stop thinking that...

C'mon Retro, where's DKCR3 with muh Rool?
The best thing is to educate those who are not sure of who owns King K. Rool and the Kremlings.

Top Bottom