• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

That's pretty great, man. I hope your proud of it. That's one of the real joys I get from drawing personally- I know in the end it'll be worth all the effort to see the finished product come together.

I'd say you especially deserve good praise for your metallic shading. That's something I struggle with from time to time and yours looks pretty decent.

Are you going to incorporate it into the drawing you drew before (the one you have as your avatar)?
thank you!.....i am proud of it(i like how the arms and legs/crown look....the rest body and the cape could use some work though)

Paraka

Smash Rookie
So switching gears for a moment here; Since the characters may obviously get at LEAST 2 trophies each (for their respective finishes of classic/all-star), do you think we'll see more additions to the trophy lot? Perhaps more involving certain characters added?

I would like to see some serious DKC Kremling and what-not with a K. Rool addition.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
thank you!.....i am proud of it(i like how the arms and legs/crown look....the rest body and the cape could use some work though)
Well, these things come with practice. Especially anatomy. You get used to drawing certain shapes the more you do it. Often times in my own experience (I don't know if you'd be in the position to do the same) I've used a mirror to study my own body to get a starting point. This really helps when you have say a certain pose or posture you want.

I just depends what you want out of it in the end really. Sometimes getting the general idea is enough and your imagination can fill in the blanks.

It's a reason why I love drawing. It's a big, logical puzzle to solve. Even if you can't find the answer you really want, your own interpretation can work just as well and more often than not it'll be better for it.

...Sorry for talking your ear off. But I'm just wanted to offer some thoughts that may help you. I can only speak from my own experiences and discoveries. I've been drawing since I was a kid.

Last edited:

DraculaSb

Smash Cadet
I voted for the King of Krocs! And was hoping someone can reply to my reply with K.Rools palettes? Thanks!
#KrocTheVote

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Modern appearance-wise, there's really not much to use as far as I'm aware. I've not played barrel blast, but King of Swing only has a spin (which would be fine as a Nair or Dash attack) and Jungle Climber will only be referenced if they decide to use King Kraid Rool as the Final Smash - which isn't optimal but I don't use them so wouldn't really care.

Kirby uses abilities from his game without the associated costumes, such as Fighter without the bandana. Mario uses the Cape when not wearing it. Charizard happily conjures rocks out of thin air. There is literally nowhere PG that DK could store the bongos he pulls out of nowhere for his Final Smash. I think you're worrying about this more than you need to.

I'd also add that every character looks out of place when items are added to the mix anyway.
These things are certainly true and to tell you the truth I forgot about many of the examples you listed. Though im going to worry about a lot of things until I see a K. Rool trailer :p

This is Sakurai were talking about he makes a lot of awesome choices but sometimes he makes incredibly questionable decisions. Look at Ganondorfs moveset for example, nothing is a gaurentee at this point. I just LOVE DKC2 it's my favorite game in the series so I'm concerned about some things.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Not sure if anyone knows this, but I thought it was just something cool.
Apparently, Michael Kelbaugh, Head of Retro Studios who make the DKC games nowadays, is following the BringBackKRool campaign on Twitter. Looks like we have a lot of support.

RetroStudiosKRool.png

Troykv

Smash Master
These things are certainly true and to tell you the truth I forgot about many of the examples you listed. Though im going to worry about a lot of things until I see a K. Rool trailer :p

This is Sakurai were talking about he makes a lot of awesome choices but sometimes he makes incredibly questionable decisions. Look at Ganondorfs moveset for example, nothing is a gaurentee at this point. I just LOVE DKC2 it's my favorite game in the series so I'm concerned about some things.
The Ganondorf's case is a little special because Melee

And... It's too late to try to change his moveset. If this occurs, possibly end up dividing people about it ... What would happen to the movements of the old Falcondorf?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
We have a "LONG" way to go to get our message through. I know we KAN do it, but will they listen..? Hmmm

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We have a "LONG" way to go to get our message through. I know we KAN do it, but will they listen..? Hmmm
Any time spent on pondering whether or not they will listen is time that would instead be used to constantly let them know we have a voice and a desire. Fearing we may not be heard will remove our chances of being heard.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

I understand the worry (I might cry if we end up with a K Rool doing Super Jumps and Butt Bounces as special moves) but I think the Blunderbuss is one of the safer assumptions for moves. The Krown Toss, Blunderbuss, and Kopter are all probably the most iconic aspect of each of the DKC boss battles and are reasonably safe guesses for moves. If you throw in the butt bounce for DK64 (As much as I hate the idea) then you have an easy special moveset consisting of a reference to each game.

Which reminds me - when I spam the vote next, I need to specifically beg for Kopter as the recovery and for no Butt bounces.

The Ganondorf's case is a little special because Melee

And... It's too late to try to change his moveset. If this occurs, possibly end up dividing people about it ... What would happen to the movements of the old Falcondorf?
Eventually Nintendo will realise people want a new F-Zero, Black Shadow will become Falcondorf to promote it and Ganon will finally see the light.

Alternatively we're stuck with him but I'd rather not entertain that possibility.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Any time spent on pondering whether or not they will listen is time that would instead be used to constantly let them know we have a voice and a desire. Fearing we may not be heard will remove our chances of being heard.
Not likely. The realistic facts, above everything else, are that Nintendo will do whatever they want, when they want, and where they want. We may get across to them, but there is no way to tell until we hear from them directly.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if anyone knows this, but I thought it was just something cool.
Apparently, Michael Kelbaugh, Head of Retro Studios who make the DKC games nowadays, is following the BringBackKRool campaign on Twitter. Looks like we have a lot of support.

View attachment 46788
that day. :)

Edit:

Looks like other game characters support the girthy green giant.
That's a freaking rad, K. Rool. He's all like "rawr".

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Not likely. The realistic facts, above everything else, are that Nintendo will do whatever they want, when they want, and where they want. We may get across to them, but there is no way to tell until we hear from them directly.
Still, it does not hurt to continue letting Nintendo know that we want him.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Absolutely!!! On it all day everyday, as of the poll announcement.....

Everybody doing all this artwork and animation material for this character, KEEP IT UP!!!

We will get DK 64 on the VC next week and things should def spike upward for our King! (even though things are looking great right now)

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Well I might have said before but I'm really glad to be a part of this community. I've had so much fun and it's something I can really get behind. So I'm happily prepared to go above and beyond.

Screw it. New goal. King K. Rool as the new face of Nintendo. Mario is old and busted; K. Rool is the new hotness-- LET'S DO IT!! ;)

Last edited:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
How does it feel for everyone that their (possibly most wanted) character is the most voted as a newcomer?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I'm super hyped up to play DK 64 next week, purchasing it release day, can't wait! This is going to give K. Rool a bit more exposure in ways considering It's almost like a "new game, re-releasing" again. Mewtwo and 64 next week, HYPEEEEE OVERLOADDDD

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

I know nobody at Nintendo cares how much I hate ground pounds, but I feel better for typing it up anyway.

On a side note I can't believe it took so long to think of putting the cannonball drop as the up smash - it makes as much sense as anything else in the games (apart from maybe the DK64 uppercut but I want that as a tilt) and frees room for the gas clouds. I think the inclusion of those means that I have a moveset that references EVERY boss move he uses in all three DKC games and potentially DK64 as well.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
How does it feel for everyone that their (possibly most wanted) character is the most voted as a newcomer?
Feels amazing!!! We have many people behind this character that may not have been behind him directly before, but I feel like this SmashBoards push is something to be very proud of and I do believe no matter what happens, King K. RoOls popularity will always skyrocket when something comes around for Smash Bros! This is our time to shine for sure though! IT HAS GOT TO BE !!!
:bluejump:

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It feels great. :4shulk: In all seriousness, the strength and enthusiasm the K. Rool Support movement has is tremendous, given that he's part of the 'Big Three'. I think that it's because of our voices that we've got Retro Studios following us on Twitter, and I have no doubt that K. Rool's future in the series and Smash Bros is extremely bright and promising. :bee:

Troykv

Smash Master
I understand the worry (I might cry if we end up with a K Rool doing Super Jumps and Butt Bounces as special moves) but I think the Blunderbuss is one of the safer assumptions for moves. The Krown Toss, Blunderbuss, and Kopter are all probably the most iconic aspect of each of the DKC boss battles and are reasonably safe guesses for moves. If you throw in the butt bounce for DK64 (As much as I hate the idea) then you have an easy special moveset consisting of a reference to each game.

Which reminds me - when I spam the vote next, I need to specifically beg for Kopter as the recovery and for no Butt bounces.

Eventually Nintendo will realise people want a new F-Zero, Black Shadow will become Falcondorf to promote it and Ganon will finally see the light.

Alternatively we're stuck with him but I'd rather not entertain that possibility.
That is the best case. I mind. But Ganondorf has yet retain the SPARTA kick (F Tilt) and the F-Air

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
It's very surreal. Yeah he had a good following before the game came out, but nothing like this. I honestly thought he was a longshot for Smash 4, but the ballot and all this support gives me real hope that he might finally happen

Last edited:

Paraka

Smash Rookie
I feel like the enthusiasm is equal to the start of how Operation: Rainfall was like originally. Everyone is upbeat, yet realistic. Even everyone want to show their flights of fantasy to everyone, just like the K. Rool Kuttthroats.

Operation: Krocstorm?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I am so excited to see how the Kings awareness will fly OFF THE CHARTS when DK 64 is released next week!!! SUPER HYPED !!!

I can see people being like "Wow, I completely forgot about King K. Rool. He's awesome!"

OR

"Donkey 64 is out on VC finally !!! Now that I think of it, we need more Donkey Kong characters in Smash, and I know just who to vote for." - Even if they vote for Lanky, Cranky, Funky, or our King. It is still going to be great for that game to be coming back into everyone's minds. CAN'T WAIT !!! CAN'T WAIT !!!

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It is wonderful and marvelous! This increases the king's chance to be playable as DLC, which I am very happy about. I am very glad to see that it so happens that there are many, many people who want to see K. Rool in the game, and his being the most voted character on the polls makes me very happy indeed. I just hope our cries aren't ultimately ignored in the end.

By the way, would it be neat if they had Event DLC for Event Mode? I personally would like to see some Event DLC featuring King K. Rool himself in some way. I wonder what kind of events he would have if there was Event DLC?

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
It is wonderful and marvelous! This increases the king's chance to be playable as DLC, which I am very happy about. I am very glad to see that it so happens that there are many, many people who want to see K. Rool in the game, and his being the most voted character on the polls makes me very happy indeed. I just hope our cries aren't ultimately ignored in the end.

By the way, would it be neat if they had Event DLC for Event Mode? I personally would like to see some Event DLC featuring King K. Rool himself in some way. I wonder what kind of events he would have if there was Event DLC?
Eh, the only DLC not directly related to stuff like characters and stages that I'd be REALLY interested in seeing is the return of Target Smash. Target Blast just doesn't cut it. Events are honestly fine the way they are, and adding a few wouldn't really add a ton of longevity

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
And it's only been a little over a week since the ballot reveal. I'm not sure if I can bear a 6 month wait just to see if he's even going to be announced.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord

Ohhhh Kayyy!!!

Trouble Kings 3 and/or Triple Trouble Kings = *Mind BLOWN* :crazy:

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Good, but not satisfied. King K. Rool announced and revealed by Nintendo/Sakurai as a playable character will satisfy me. It is good to see that King K. Rool has a backing, but I am in it for the ultimate goal.

StormC

Smash Hero
It makes me extremely anxious, because we're on the tipping point. The ball is in Sakurai's court now.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I'm expecting an announcement of some sort at E3, they wouldn't have done it this long unless they wanted to be able to hype it for the entire length, and what better way than to go ahead and take a suggestion right away so you can do a Mewtwo style initial reveal at E3, with the actual character 4 months out(with another coming sooner probably a vet), and then do another one in August and the final at the end of the poll... or final two, you never know, they may decide to streamline things, or find a few they can do as clones, or salvage from partially completed characters. They are going to make as many as time and funding allows

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm expecting an announcement of some sort at E3, they wouldn't have done it this long unless they wanted to be able to hype it for the entire length, and what better way than to go ahead and take a suggestion right away so you can do a Mewtwo style initial reveal at E3, with the actual character 4 months out(with another coming sooner probably a vet), and then do another one in August and the final at the end of the poll... or final two, you never know, they may decide to streamline things, or find a few they can do as clones, or salvage from partially completed characters. They are going to make as many as time and funding allows
You expecting K. Rool to be announced at E3? I am not expecting that myself, for I feel he may be announced at a later time. I do expect Wolf at E3, though.

StormC

Smash Hero
On the one hand, the sooner I know K. Rool is gonna be in the game, the less anxious I'll be.

On the other hand... I want that feeling I had freaking out watching the first Mega Man trailer in 2013.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
That's it, my Komrades Kremlings; I have finished my idea of moveset! But first of all, I'd like to apologize any kind of confusion that may occur.. I said I wanted to make in a different way (with better explanation of each move) but we're needing something like that for yesterday. XD... Ah, and really sorry for the bad drawings, they're done in a specific sketch style, but I said I was no artist. =P.. but hope you guys enjoy anyway:

Feel free to ask questions and make sure to share this anywhere you want to show the King's potential! =D.. also, I'm open for feedback. =P

Top Bottom