• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

What? WHAT? Fans? Unbalanced? It's like he's in the game! Foreshadowing K. Rool as playable? Foreshadowing an op Blast-o-Matic final Smash?

Weavel

Smash Ace
I think when we see K rool he will have his boxing gloves and have some sort of stigma against the other boxer.

Personally I want him without the gloves.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Have Kaptain K Rool and K.Roolenstein been suggested as possible alts yet?
Quite a few times.

I just realized how ridiculous it is that over three years after the game's announcement, we're still speculating on if he will be in instead of being hyped for him finally being in.

Last edited:

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
I don't know about that. Two alternate costumes for one character doesn't seem likely (wire frame Little Mac isn't different enough to be a costume). Also, if K. Rool attacks with his crown, that wouldn't be possible with a Kaptain or Baron costume.
If they do give him a crown side B move they could just have him throw another crown so he could keep the one on his head and would work for the other costumes

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
You know what would be equally cool rather than a villains trailer. Especially IF K.Rool and Ridley are in, it would be cool to have one last CGI trailer perhaps showing a newcomer or two and then going into a montage of all the trailers and playing a redone version of the Smash 64 or Melee opening theme then at the end have black shadows of K.Rool, Ridley, and whoever else is a newcomer that's secret at the end appear sort of like how Luigi, Jiggs, Ness, Falcon appear before you unlock them in 64. Then finish it all off with that awesome classic announcer saying SUPER SMMMMAAAAAAASSSHHHH BROTHERRRRRS!!! Just like in 64...my heart would skip a beat.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
What if the secret interaction between Wii U and 3DS lets unlock characters after the Wii U Smash release? This would mean that the final reveal of the roster will be known later than expected and K. Rool then might be in the game because of this.

Last edited:

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
You know what would be equally cool rather than a villains trailer. Especially IF K.Rool and Ridley are in, it would be cool to have one last CGI trailer perhaps showing a newcomer or two and then going into a montage of all the trailers and playing a redone version of the Smash 64 or Melee opening theme then at the end have black shadows of K.Rool, Ridley, and whoever else is a newcomer that's secret at the end appear sort of like how Luigi, Jiggs, Ness, Falcon appear before you unlock them in 64. Then finish it all off with that awesome classic announcer saying SUPER SMMMMAAAAAAASSSHHHH BROTHERRRRRS!!! Just like in 64...my heart would skip a beat.
I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening! This would be immensely awesome and a great throwback.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't know about you guys but something tells me we're not getting another ssb4 trailer or direct until next month. Oh the agonizing wait. -_-

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

What? WHAT? Fans? Unbalanced? It's like he's in the game! Foreshadowing K. Rool as playable? Foreshadowing an op Blast-o-Matic final Smash?
I sometimes go back to this quote and worry that "fits the evil boss mold nicely" is synonymous with "generic," especially since it's contrasted with "he gained a few fans over the years," as if to say, "he has fans despite being a generic evil boss." Hopefully Namco does its research (and head-banging DK64 Kritters indicates it has) and realizes that this is far from the truth.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I sometimes go back to this quote and worry that "fits the evil boss mold nicely" is synonymous with "generic," especially since it's contrasted with "he gained a few fans over the years," as if to say, "he has fans despite being a generic evil boss." Hopefully Namco does its research (and head-banging DK64 Kritters indicates it has) and realizes that this is far from the truth.
To me, "fits the evil boss mold nicely" sounds like more of a compliment, since the word "nicely" has a positive connotation to it. It could have used a phrase with a neutral connotation to it like, "to a T" or "like a glove." I think what it's trying to say is that "even though he's such an evil villain, he has fans because he's goofy," seeing as a bumbler is sort of a goof.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
I think you're worrying too much. He fits the mold in the sense Bowser does. At least from what I gather.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I'm sure K. Rool is in the game, probably as an unlockable. Since people who will be playing Smash for 3ds will be the first to know, as a reassurance.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
There needs to be a Don K. Rool, where he wears a mobster coat and fedora.
I just picture the guy from the Batman animated series. Forget his name completely. The guy who tags along with Gordon and hates Batman.

Edit: BULLOCK! Detective Bullock! (...right?)

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I just picture the guy from the Batman animated series. Forget his name completely. The guy who tags along with Gordon and hates Batman.
Harvey Bullock.

I can totally see K. Rool in those clothes, with all his Kritters carrying those Klaptrap guns from the cartoon in violin cases.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Harvey Bullock.

I can totally see K. Rool in those clothes, with all his Kritters carrying those Klaptrap guns from the cartoon in violin cases.
Heh, you posted that while I was editing. (As soon as I hit post it came to me.)

But yeah, it'd be cool, wouldn't it? :)

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Wait, is that the Melee trophy? What does the Brawl trophy say? There is a Brawl trophy right?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Wait, is that the Melee trophy? What does the Brawl trophy say? There is a Brawl trophy right?
There is, but it's not nearly as interesting.

"The supreme commander of the Kremling Krew. King K. Rool steal bananas from Donkey Kong and ends up kidnapping Diddy Kong. He is so good at playing dead that sometimes the credits even roll as he lies there, feigning defeat. His brother, Kaptain K. Rool, made an appearance in the game Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest."

Maybe if his trailer involves the kredits? Also gotta love all that mistranslation.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Alright... so I woke up one afternoon and decided, "why don't I conceptualize King K. Rool's theoretical Blunderbuss special-attack, including customization options?" So here I am, for the first time ever, suggesting my ideas for a character's move-set - specifically, the Blunderbuss as a chargeable Neutral B (this is also my first time working with Paint.NET, which was a pain in the ass). Go easy on me, I am way out of my comfort zone doing this work.

For the record, the I envision K. Rool's play-style to be similar to the energetic hit-and-run game BKuppa666 once suggested.

I am using size comparisons with Bowser, so this is not exactly scaled-to-size properly. Also, I should have lowered the cannonballs somewhat closer to the ground. Think of the vertical range of Wolf's Blaster.

Edit: The picture is finally up. I apologize for any technical difficulties.

Neutral Special: Blunderbuss
- Properties:

- It is a chargeable ranged projectile, shooting out cannonballs.
- K. Rool can only shoot 2-3 at a time.
- Speed is similar from the Donkey Kong Country 2 boss battles. The more charged it is, the more faster it is.
- When it is uncharged (tap B), K. Rool shoots out a non-spiked cannonball. When it is slightly charged (hold B for a second), K. Rool shoots out a spiked cannonball. When it is fully charged (hold B for 3-5 seconds), K. Rool shoots out a protruding spiked cannonball.
- Damage-wise, a regular cannonball deals around 10%, a spiked cannonball deals around 15%, and a protruding spiked cannonball deals around 20%.
- With the exception of an uncharged Blunderbuss: Regular, all the cannonballs will continue their trajectory range until it either hits a wall or leaves the blast lines.
- Unlike King Dedede's Gordo Toss, K. Rool's cannonballs cannot be reflected (or perhaps it could be with strong smash attacks, with recoil damage at 5-10%).
- If a cannonball hits a wall, it will lay on the ground for 10 seconds, and can be picked up and thrown for 10% damage. If it is spiked, then once the ball hits the ground, the spikes will disappear 2-3 seconds later. Touching the spikes will deal 5% damage.
- A fully charged Blunderbuss: Regular shoots out a barrel that deals 16-18% damage, inside of which is a protruding spiked cannonball. A fully charged Blunderbuss: Custom 2 uses two protruding spiked cannonballs instead of a slightly charged one.

- Purposes: Edge-guarding (General), Gimping (Uncharged Regular Special, Custom Special 1), Anti-air (Custom Specials 1 and 2), trap removal, etc.

As much as I wanted to incorporate the cloud gas into the Blunderbuss (I consider MasterWarlord's Kloud a creative implementation of the move), I wanted to keep this short and simple with cannonball projectiles. K. Rool's move-set capacity is monumental - there is plenty of potential to use!

Are there any competitively-minded players that can assist me with constructive compliments/criticism?

Last edited:

waterfall6464

Smash Cadet
Umm.. Hello. I've been lurking this thread (and board) for a long while and I'm a big fan of DKC and K.Rool. Just wanted to join in on the fun and say I support the crazy crocodile with all my might.

Druxonol

Smash Rookie
Yes please. DK could use another rep, and a few more villains would be great. Great post!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yes please. DK could use another rep, and a few more villains would be great. Great post!
Umm.. Hello. I've been lurking this thread (and board) for a long while and I'm a big fan of DKC and K.Rool. Just wanted to join in on the fun and say I support the crazy crocodile with all my might.
WELKOME FELLOW KUTTHROATS!

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Anyone else really beginning to lose faith for King K. Rool's inclusion, each day that goes by makes it feel all the worse for his potential inclusion. Sure I see a lot of evidence that could point to him being in the game, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything unfortunately. I feel we don't have many newcomers left to reveal, secret or just being announced in some form or fashion, and I just don't know if I can believe in King K. Rool making the cut or not anymore, I'm so pessimistic about all the characters I wanna see in the game right now... Damn I really need to see one of the hype three announced soon or I'm going to lose my mind. (Perhaps I'm too invested in the series at this point?)

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Anyone else really beginning to lose faith for King K. Rool's inclusion, each day that goes by makes it feel all the worse for his potential inclusion. Sure I see a lot of evidence that could point to him being in the game, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything unfortunately. I feel we don't have many newcomers left to reveal, secret or just being announced in some form or fashion, and I just don't know if I can believe in King K. Rool making the cut or not anymore, I'm so pessimistic about all the characters I wanna see in the game right now... Damn I really need to see one of the hype three announced soon or I'm going to lose my mind. (Perhaps I'm too invested in the series at this point?)
I could receive the most painful fail in the world, especially knowing Sakurai, but I'm betting my ass that the last trailer is gonna be the Hype 3 together.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Um, excuse me, we're trying to support K. Rool here.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Um, excuse me, we're trying to support K. Rool here.
Sorry, just venting some worry about his inclusion honestly. I'm a very pessimistic personality to begin with so the fact it has taken me this long to show doubt about K. Rool is impressive in its own right. I'm completely in support of his inclusion, I really am, and a lot of evidence does point towards something DK related at the very least, so there's that much I can say at the very, very least. It's just that whole reality factor I have to sometimes question. I really do want to see the King in though, just figured posting here would result in some renewed faith for his inclusion as well :)

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
K. Rool is my most wanted newcomer now since the people I already wanted were confirmed. I think he can be a very unique character for Smash and completely deserves the spot as 3rd DK rep much more than Dixie.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I don't know about you guys but something tells me we're not getting another ssb4 trailer or direct until next month. Oh the agonizing wait. -_-
I'm pretty sure there will be at least a general direct this month(maybe even this week) with a newcomer video at the begin/end, but I smash direct would be nice.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, just venting some worry about his inclusion honestly. I'm a very pessimistic personality to begin with so the fact it has taken me this long to show doubt about K. Rool is impressive in its own right. I'm completely in support of his inclusion, I really am, and a lot of evidence does point towards something DK related at the very least, so there's that much I can say at the very, very least. It's just that whole reality factor I have to sometimes question. I really do want to see the King in though, just figured posting here would result in some renewed faith for his inclusion as well :)
I hear ya. I used to be like that. A pessimist. A realist specifically. In many ways I still am. But I realized eventually it just got in the way.
Of life. Of fun.

It's the reason why I don't take myself as seriously anymore. Since I made that choice. I've gotten into less fights. Found it easier to ignore people who tick me off and generally have better camaraderie with folks.
If I can play the fool and make people feel better even when things look kinda bleak that's a good day.

It's just not worth it. Wallowing. And in turn I'm a bit more bolder and optimistic for it. Which is really great for me.
(I'm actually a bit Autistic and I used to really resign myself to my problems but it's better this way. Much better. I've taken some really needed control.)

All things considered on the K. Rool front communities like this thread are important. We need a voice so even if all said and done he's not in we've got a leg to stand on. We have a chance for the next time. :)

Edit: Here's a thing.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125816543&postcount=12108

Heh. I find it more believable than this!

Last edited:

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
There is, but it's not nearly as interesting.

"The supreme commander of the Kremling Krew. King K. Rool steal bananas from Donkey Kong and ends up kidnapping Diddy Kong. He is so good at playing dead that sometimes the credits even roll as he lies there, feigning defeat. His brother, Kaptain K. Rool, made an appearance in the game Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest."

Maybe if his trailer involves the kredits? Also gotta love all that mistranslation.
That would be pretty cool..
After the SSB4 logo pops up, it goes to the screen with the copyright info on the bottom left - except it's all Kremified. Suddenly, the screen wipes back to the revealed newcomer, and K. Rool comes out of nowhere and beats them up!
"KING K. ROOL KOMES BACK"

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I hear ya. I used to be like that. A pessimist. A realist specifically. In many ways I still am. But I realized eventually it just got in the way.
Of life. Of fun.

It's the reason why I don't take myself as seriously anymore. Since I made that choice. I've gotten into less fights. Found it easier to ignore people who tick me off and generally have better camaraderie with folks.
If I can play the fool and make people feel better even when things look kinda bleak that's a good day.

It's just not worth it. Wallowing. And in turn I'm a bit more bolder and optimistic for it. Which is really great for me.
(I'm actually a bit Autistic and I used to really resign myself to my problems but it's better this way. Much better. I've taken some really needed control.)

All things considered on the K. Rool front communities like this thread are important. We need a voice so even if all said and done he's not in we've got a leg to stand on. We have a chance for the next time. :)

Edit: Here's a thing.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125816543&postcount=12108

Heh. I find it more believable than this!
Both of those leaks are fake. I highly doubt Eggman will be in the game and the roster is clearly a fake. You can see that the unconfirmed character images aren't as detailed as the confirmed ones and Robin's name should be Reflet.

Top Bottom