• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I've been looking at it more, and now I really wish K.Rool has that moveset that is "B: cannonball" "Side B: Crown throw" etc. It would be really cool.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You're not the only one, although I don't hate it that much, that tiny crown and no tail really bothers me for some reason, if Sakurai's using classic models for some characters like mega man and pac-man then hopefully he'll give k. rool his classic rare look as well.
The small snout also bothers me.
And his gut is too big. It's supposed to be kinda fat, but not THAT fat!

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
I would also go with his klassic look, it's the one I like the most: the bigger crown, the tail, the darker colours, and especially the belly, which I think looks a lot better in the older games.

Last edited:
i also prefer his klassic design,it just looks right,the paon design's face looks off.i've seen some designs where he has a short cape and i dont like it.

he should have a long cape
a tail
shiny belly
scaly skin
and he should be somewhat muscular,k rool has a belly but hes not just a fat crocodile ,hes strong

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Honestly guys, I don't think we should be too picky about K. Rool's design. I say any K. Rool is better than no K. Rool. I'll take Klassic K. Rool, Kaptain K. Rool, Krusha K. Rool, or Kartoony K. Rool. Not K. Roolenstein, though. Anything but that.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Honestly guys, I don't think we should be too picky about K. Rool's design. I say any K. Rool is better than no K. Rool.
Of course, but we are just saying that if he is in, what design we would prefer.

And personally, I think wether it be Rare or Paon, it will obviously be KING K. Rool, and not Kaptain or Roolenstein or one of his other costumes.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Actually, I think the CSS won't have KING K.Rool but just K.Rool, and the King, Kaptain and Roolenstein being alts
I don't know about that. Two alternate costumes for one character doesn't seem likely (wire frame Little Mac isn't different enough to be a costume). Also, if K. Rool attacks with his crown, that wouldn't be possible with a Kaptain or Baron costume.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know about that. Two alternate costumes for one character doesn't seem likely (wire frame Little Mac isn't different enough to be a costume). Also, if K. Rool attacks with his crown, that wouldn't be possible with a Kaptain or Baron costume.
Hammerspace exists for a reason. So K. Rool can have alts without changing his moveset :awesome:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Met this charming fellow at the Smithsonian Zoo today. He informed me that he is in support of the #KRool4Smash4 movement. He also finds the notion that "Kremlings are horrible for gameplay because gamers can't understand that they're supposed to bop them on their heads, and should be replaced by flat-headed Tikis to clarify this" to be complete BS. Maybe he knows from experience, heh.

(he's a gharial)

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I would also go with his klassic look, it's the one I like the most: the bigger crown, the tail, the darker colours, and especially the belly, which I think looks a lot better in the older games.
Agreed. His design from the DKC games + 64 looks more intimidating (not that the newer design isn't). I don't mind the post-Rare K. Rool look, but the Rare era K. Rool design is the one I prefer alot.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Also @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , could you please change my name in the Kremling Kutthroats supporter list from Luigifan141 to Handy Man? I got Premium not too long ago and decided to change my name because I didn't like my older one, so if you could change it for me, that would be great. Thanks in advance!
I WILL FIX THIS NEXT TIME I UPDATE

(writing this in big text so it stands out to me as I scroll through the pages next update; I'd do it right now if I didn't use the previous edit date as a reference for which page to return to)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939

Met this charming fellow at the Smithsonian Zoo today. He informed me that he is in support of the #KRool4Smash4 movement. He also finds the notion that "Kremlings are horrible for gameplay because gamers can't understand that they're supposed to bop them on their heads, and should be replaced by flat-headed Tikis to clarify this" to be complete BS. Maybe he knows from experience, heh.

(he's a gharial)
Heh, I was actually doing some independent research on gharials (as well as saltwater crocs) today. Oddly specific, I know, but I'm oddly specific like that.

When the Kremlings return to the DK series, there should be a new gharial-esque character among them. They're really cool animals (critically endangered though, unfortunately).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No, we pull out all the stops to coerce him.

-_- This after I was just trying to defend the K. Rool thread for ****ting on other support threads. It doesn't happen often, that's true, and oftentimes when it does happen people in here jump to defend characters, but seriously, this is quite annoying, guys.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Outside of "it's a joke," I went out of my way to not model those cliches after any specific character, but to make them generic instead so as to not single anyone out to **** upon. I think it's in good taste, although here's a preemptive apology to anyone offended by a goofy MS Paint drawing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Outside of "it's a joke," I went out of my way to not model those cliches after any specific character, but to make them generic instead so as to not single anyone out to **** upon. I think it's in good taste, although here's a preemptive apology to anyone offended by a goofy MS Paint drawing.
...sorry for freaking out. :p

Cliches are annoying sometimes, but I mean, for every blonde anime swordsman there's also a bunch of blue-haired, green-haired, and red-haired ones to go along with it. And blonde is a natural hair color, too. Cliches are annoying sometimes, but they're not always bad.

Lol, I thought of something stupid. K. Rool going the Kirby route where he has a disguise based on every playable character in the game. That'd actually be kinda funny. :p

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
No, we pull out all the stops to coerce him.

Maybe if there were three of them...

:troll::troll::troll::troll:

I don't mean to offend either. I actually like the idea of the Khorus Chorus Kids to be honest.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
...sorry for freaking out. :p

Cliches are annoying sometimes, but I mean, for every blonde anime swordsman there's also a bunch of blue-haired, green-haired, and red-haired ones to go along with it. And blonde is a natural hair color, too. Cliches are annoying sometimes, but they're not always bad.

Lol, I thought of something stupid. K. Rool going the Kirby route where he has a disguise based on every playable character in the game. That'd actually be kinda funny. :p

K. Rool having the ability to change into different characters (that's unheard of)? If that happened smash matches would become ditto matches.:smash:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K. Rool having the ability to change into different characters (that's unheard of)? If that happened smash matches would become ditto matches.:smash:
Lol no I don't mean K. Rool becoming that character, just replacing one move (like Kirby) and adopting a costume, although it'd obviously be a different move from Kirby.

Either way it was just a stupid idea. It'd be funny seeing K. Rool wear costumes of other characters, but that's not his gig. Mega Man would've fit that better, but instead they went with the best route of having him use attacks from other Robot Masters.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
-_- This after I was just trying to defend the K. Rool thread for ****ting on other support threads. It doesn't happen often, that's true, and oftentimes when it does happen people in here jump to defend characters, but seriously, this is quite annoying, guys.
I thought it was pretty freaking funny.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm not sure about the whole scenario around whether the Crown Toss should be his neutral or side special.

It always seemed like an obvious neutral special to me, since Kirby is going to copy the crown when he hungers for Kroc.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
But we need to be able ot affect the speed/spin of said attacks as well so I wonder if it should consist of 1 or 2 specials.
I'd say we only take control of what we shoot, not how it's shot. Softly shoot random clouds with different effects, or fire out a cannonball that always has the same trajectory.

Alternatively, cannonballs would be the regular move, and the clouds can be one of the customizeable versions of said move.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Needs to be seen to be believed. I love how the syncing just gives up moments after starting.
Literally Chunk looked like a Hippo.

Repeating the outro chorus of the DK rap in Donkey Kong 64 because of visual lag 7 extra times out of 10.
Yeah I would consider myself pretty good at Smash and Mewtwo is the character I'm best with(with Ike a close second). I think Sakuria is deliberately holding back villains for hype just before the game comes. The only other reason I could think of is a Boss Mode where you control the bosses, but I really hope that isn't it. I think Ridley would be the perfect anti-Little Mac. He would be deadly in the air and weak on the ground, while K Rool would be the big heavy weight bruiser. Bowser Jr I think would be cool if he has his paintbrush, but I don't want him in his clown car. I think the only reason Shulk and Chorus Men are popular is because of Gematsu, and while I do think they would be good characters Ridley and K Rool would be way better in my opinion.
I think we aren't seeing villains, anti-heroes, etc. is because most of them are already set as unlockable characters.

I mean, the only ones that aren't unlockable characters in past smash games are the ones revealed so far as well as Wario.

On top of that, unlocking Wolf, Mewtwo, Ridley, and K. Rool in Classic Mode or Adventure Mode makes sense.

You get to your "final level" and that's who you fight at the end.

It adds up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom