• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Both of those leaks are fake. I highly doubt Eggman will be in the game and the roster is clearly a fake. You can see that the unconfirmed character images aren't as detailed as the confirmed ones and Robin's name should be Reflet.
Oh yeah, no doubt about the roster one. Luigi's the biggest point of contention for me. What is with the angle on his portrait? :)

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Found this cute picture from an old 90s DKC manga and I knew I had to do something with it. The K. Rool is also from a manga (Mario-themed, I believe). I just colored the images/combined/edited them.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Seeing the king in hd would be awesome, you can see the scales detailed on bowser's face now, imagine the same on k. rool and his entire body, plus the golden plate and all. I'd bet he'd look just like the pictures of him from the snes and n64 days that you would see on the game covers, posters, and game magazines.

ThatGreenAlien

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatgreenalien
NeoGAF Eggman/Dixie/KRool Leak
I saw the original thread on /v/, it mentioned Donkey Kong's reel from the original trailer was/is part of the K. Rool promo. Has anyone actual looked at the footage from the first trailer and made out any noticeable differences from the rest of the series' ones? Apparently it does look different, or so I saw…

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I saw the original thread on /v/, it mentioned Donkey Kong's reel from the original trailer was/is part of the K. Rool promo. Has anyone actual looked at the footage from the first trailer and made out any noticeable differences from the rest of the series' ones? Apparently it does look different, or so I saw…
It does look like the art style from Returns, just with DK using his Smash design instead. Too bad Eggman completely screws up any chance of it being remotely legitimate. Yes, I'm not going to try to shut down leak talk in here anymore, since we're literally days away from release.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
It does look like the art style from Returns, just with DK using his Smash design instead. Too bad Eggman completely screws up any chance of it being remotely legitimate. Yes, I'm not going to try to shut down leak talk in here anymore, since we're literally days away from release.
Actualy, they have a curious point though, in regards to the clips we saw, I think we may have seen our first looks at the character videos without even knowing it. I mean Sakurai said something along the lines that he was going to do character videos, with each character interacting with the other characters. now technicly all those clips we saw on the reveal work on their own, however if you take them as a link to the older intros, or the games themselves, well a couple of them seem rather obvious.

Samus: The clip is extremely similar to the one in Melee in which she is attacked by Ridley(and hasn't he been in consideration a loooooooooonnnnnnngggg time?)
Pit: a callback to Brawl where he is summoned by Paluneta, who has been confirmed
Fox: Again a callback to Melee, where he was attacked by Wolf, who was considered for Melee, but added in Brawl, now it could once again be him facing down with Wolf, but Wolf hasn't been revealed yet so Sakurai cut before that part
DK: Now this is curious, yes its his standard running out setup, but he's not just whipping up leaves, if you look closely he's whipping up a trail of BANNANAS that he's following, now while that happened in DKCR, there is no way the head Tiki is going to be playable, and it is more likely a reference to DKC where a certain Kremling King took off with his Bananas leaving them scattered all over the place

Now its tenuous at best, but it could be a clue, and it could be part of something bigger, all of these clips could easily fit into a bigger 2-3 minute character video, possibly involving other characters who are playable

edit: Oh, one other observation, we probably won't see these videos till the wii-u version, they would take up too much space for the 3DS version, and wouldn't look as good, and would be a nice treat so you get something for unlocking characters in that version

Last edited:

Hyle "Slush" Russell

Smash Cadet

The trees and flower you can see at the tail end definitely resemble Retro's artwork for the series. It'd be pretty amazing if this snippet was in front of our noses all this time.

And it'd be especially delicious if Retro of all people made the trailer that introduces K. Rool.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well faith in King K. Rool partially restored just by thinking about things again and just trying to be positive overall towards his inclusion. Just some usual pessimism creeping up. I will say that it makes a lot of sense to see him in the game again, and even if he somehow isn't I wanna see him take back the main villain slot for a potential third DKC game by Retro. I'd love to see them combine the Kremlings with some new enemies in a game that perhaps has even more diversity than we've seen in the past couple of games. I mean they've done so well with Returns and Tropical Freeze so seeing them take up some of the old properties and go even further would be awesome!

Also I think the original trailer theory is a bit of a stretch even though I'm one to believe those stretches usually (Trophy Quiz Theory for example). It has been presented in a few different ways so far, and while I'd be awestruck by that much planning about teasing characters before hand and in that fashion, it's just hard to believe that's what those parts of the trailer are eluding to. I highly doubt all the franchises in that initial video would get new characters (But again if I'm wrong holy **** that would be awesome), and if it's just the callbacks Fox's seems rather odd to be a way of announcing a veteran... I don't know just not a whole lot of merit behind that one. But hell anything that adds the slightest bit of suggestiveness towards Ridley and Rool's inclusion is awesome in my book, even if it is such a stretch that I don't really believe.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Well faith in King K. Rool partially restored just by thinking about things again and just trying to be positive overall towards his inclusion. Just some usual pessimism creeping up. I will say that it makes a lot of sense to see him in the game again, and even if he somehow isn't I wanna see him take back the main villain slot for a potential third DKC game by Retro. I'd love to see them combine the Kremlings with some new enemies in a game that perhaps has even more diversity than we've seen in the past couple of games. I mean they've done so well with Returns and Tropical Freeze so seeing them take up some of the old properties and go even further would be awesome!

Also I think the original trailer theory is a bit of a stretch even though I'm one to believe those stretches usually (Trophy Quiz Theory for example). It has been presented in a few different ways so far, and while I'd be awestruck by that much planning about teasing characters before hand and in that fashion, it's just hard to believe that's what those parts of the trailer are eluding to. I highly doubt all the franchises in that initial video would get new characters (But again if I'm wrong holy **** that would be awesome), and if it's just the callbacks Fox's seems rather odd to be a way of announcing a veteran... I don't know just not a whole lot of merit behind that one. But hell anything that adds the slightest bit of suggestiveness towards Ridley and Rool's inclusion is awesome in my book, even if it is such a stretch that I don't really believe.
I believe the trophy theory and pray for the Original trailer theory to be true.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm sure this has already been brought up in here before, but isn't that "relevancy" argument that people use against K. Rool disproven entirely by the Pokemon Trainer being added in Brawl? The situations are actually quite similar, really: both Pokemon Trainer (along with the Kanto starters) and K. Rool are very important characters in their respective franchises, yet at the time of Brawl and Smash 4's release, respectively, both had not appeared in a game for several years, and their series continued on without them. In the case of the Pokemon Trainer, he got into Brawl despite this setback. With that in mind, I see little reason to exclude K. Rool this time around.

Again, I'm sure this has already been talked about somewhere in this huge thread, but I personally haven't seen it mentioned or discussed, so I figured it might be worth bringing up.

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
I'm sure this has already been brought up in here before, but isn't that "relevancy" argument that people use against K. Rool disproven entirely by the Pokemon Trainer being added in Brawl? The situations are actually quite similar, really: both Pokemon Trainer (along with the Kanto starters) and K. Rool are very important characters in their respective franchises, yet at the time of Brawl and Smash 4's release, respectively, both had not appeared in a game for several years, and their series continued on without them. In the case of the Pokemon Trainer, he got into Brawl despite this setback. With that in mind, I see little reason to exclude K. Rool this time around.

Again, I'm sure this has already been talked about somewhere in this huge thread, but I personally haven't seen it mentioned or discussed, so I figured it might be worth bringing up.
Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen were released about two years before Brawl's announcement! But most importantly those pokemon were pretty popular to begin with.. like the King ;)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@ Xzsmmc Xzsmmc The plot of that episode has an amnesia-ridden DK getting convinced that he's Donkey Croc the Pirate by Kaptain Skurvy. K. Rool takes advantage of this and convinces him that he's Donkey Rool and 'one of us.'

@ False Sense False Sense Another great counterpoint to "muhrelevance" is, funnily enough, Dixie being planned to be Diddy's partner in Brawl before technical difficulties got in the way. Literally everything that's said about K. Rool being dead/retired could have been applied to her in 2005. . ."Nintendo wants to move away from Dixie, she wasn't in DK64 or Jungle Beat, she hasn't been in a 'main series game' in years, Sakurai is clearly adding only characters who have appeared in 'new' games, and her last appearance was in a baseball game. No chance!"

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
@ Xzsmmc Xzsmmc

@ False Sense False Sense Another great counterpoint to "muhrelevance" is, funnily enough, Dixie being planned to be Diddy's partner in Brawl before technical difficulties got in the way. Literally everything that's said about K. Rool being dead/retired could have been applied to her in 2005. . ."Nintendo wants to move away from Dixie, she wasn't in DK64 or Jungle Beat, she hasn't been in a 'main series game' in years, Sakurai is clearly adding only characters who have appeared in 'new' games, and her last appearance was in a baseball game. No chance!"
Interesting thing is, if she didn't return in Tropical Freeze, her fans would have had to deal with the "relevance" argument even though she was planned to be in Brawl.

That said, for the record, not only do I believe that this argument doesn't work for a series like DKC (though it makes sense for cyclical franchises like Pokemon and FE) I also believe K. Rool will be in in one form or another. It is just a matter of finding out. Hey for all we know, he could be revealed in the final Direct, which, to be fair makes the most sense out of the remaining newcomer candidates.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I just realized that the guy who sang the Zoboomafoo theme song also voiced DK. My mind has been blown.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I just realized that the guy who sang the Zoboomafoo theme song also voiced DK. My mind has been blown.

Someone make a youtube poop with DK singing this song! Please!

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
Hello, I've been following SmashBoards for quite a while, and just yesterday I found this thread. I didn't think there could ever be so much support for any character like K. Rool, but the passion and support from all of these members definitely proved me wrong. So, I just started an account, and I figured that this would be the first place I stopped. You guys can Kount me in!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hello, I've been following SmashBoards for quite a while, and just yesterday I found this thread. I didn't think there could ever be so much support for any character like K. Rool, but the passion and support from all of these members definitely proved me wrong. So, I just started an account, and I figured that this would be the first place I stopped. You guys can Kount me in!
WELCOME KUTTHROAT!

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
I made a thread on DKVine about this a year ago! Having been a big fan of the show as a wee lad myself, it blew my mind as well.
I can't believe I'm not the only one. When I was a kid, if I ever found the show playing on a channel, I'd stop anything I was doing just to watch it.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
WELCOME KUTTHROAT!

It doesn't do anything at all, but seeing as how big the game is, I think it's safe to say we have the big 3
Kuh-Rool is horrible at air guitar.

First time I've actually watched that video.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ah. My big three were Ridley, Mewtwo and :4lucina:.
The Big Three cannot be arbitrary to the individual!
Please rename your big three to something else, such as ' Tempting Trio' or 'Wishful Trinity'

...or just, 'characters I happen to want.'

Last edited:
Top Bottom