• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886
WELCOME KUTTHROAT!

It doesn't do anything at all, but seeing as how big the game is, I think it's safe to say we have the big 3
Well, for a game the scale of SMASH BROS on a portable device, I would imagine it having a big download size.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I keep wanting him more and more!

In case you missed it:

This makes me want to do my own parodies.
Many things do.
Anyone want do do the visual/editing for me? I'm quite fine with lyrics and vocal recording.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I hear ya. I used to be like that. A pessimist. A realist specifically. In many ways I still am. But I realized eventually it just got in the way.
Of life. Of fun.

It's the reason why I don't take myself as seriously anymore. Since I made that choice. I've gotten into less fights. Found it easier to ignore people who tick me off and generally have better camaraderie with folks.
If I can play the fool and make people feel better even when things look kinda bleak that's a good day.

It's just not worth it. Wallowing. And in turn I'm a bit more bolder and optimistic for it. Which is really great for me.
(I'm actually a bit Autistic and I used to really resign myself to my problems but it's better this way. Much better. I've taken some really needed control.)

All things considered on the K. Rool front communities like this thread are important. We need a voice so even if all said and done he's not in we've got a leg to stand on. We have a chance for the next time. :)

Edit: Here's a thing.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125816543&postcount=12108

Heh. I find it more believable than this!
The game already went gold a good while ago.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I know it's probably very immature of me, but I just got off a rather unpleasant debate with someone over reasons for K. Rool's inclusion, and what they said is bothering me a bit more than it should.

How is 'too predictable' an argument? Would this person have been opposed to Bowser's inclusion if he was someone not in yet?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I know it's probably very immature of me, but I just got off a rather unpleasant debate with someone over reasons for K. Rool's inclusion, and what they said is bothering me a bit more than it should.

How is 'too predictable' an argument? Would this person have been opposed to Bowser's inclusion if he was someone not in yet?
Being "too predictable" didn't keep Palutena, Megaman, Pac Man, Little Mac, Mii and others out.

I wouldn't even say that KK Rool was that predictable. He's requested, sure. But he's one of few characters who has direct competition within his own series.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Being "too predictable" didn't keep Palutena, Megaman, Pac Man, Little Mac, Mii and others out.

I wouldn't even say that KK Rool was that predictable. He's requested, sure. But he's one of few characters who has direct competition within his own series.
I'm aware that its a totally asinine argument. What bothers me (more than it should admittedly) is that people will legitimately use it like it has some merit. I can kind of at least see where some of the 'relevance' people are coming from, even if their argument holds no water either.

It almost seems to me like they simply don't want him added because he's popular. I've seen plenty of that mindset, even around this site.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
hello! first post in this thread..
Some of you may know me for making paper smash bros characters. I recently finished making the confirmed cast, and started making some unconfirmed veterans and wanted/predicted newcomers.
I'm not really a supporter of k Rool, (though I wouldn't mind him) but here's a treat:
(Pics a bit fuzzy due to stupid mobile camera I have to use currently)
image.jpg

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
hello! first post in this thread..
Some of you may know me for making paper smash bros characters. I recently finished making the confirmed cast, and started making some unconfirmed veterans and wanted/predicted newcomers.
I'm not really a supporter of k Rool, (though I wouldn't mind him) but here's a treat:
(Pics a bit fuzzy due to stupid mobile camera I have to use currently)
View attachment 22009
You are awesome. Thank you for this.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Not completely relevant, but unfortunately reminds me of threads posted here (except for this one of course =3)

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
How would the Smash announcer pronounce King Krusha K. Rool's name?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I support K.Rool because of the games to.

Am neutral to the cartoon btw. Loved it as a kid, I'll admit that much! But I think the people at DKVine eventually made me hate it, and I'll probably like it again if I'll actually watch episodes back.

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
The most important games where K. Rool is incredible awesome as a villain are DK64 and of course DKC2, his role is very lunatic and badass. In DKC is very funny as a boss as well as in DKC3, I like it too, but my favorites are the mentioned above.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
How early do you think the Smash guide will leak in Japan? Didn't we get Brawls official roster like a month before release?

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969

That's incredibly absurd. By his reasoning, more than half the roster wouldn't get in for being too predictable. Whoever that was is really grasping at straws, and that's a tell-tale sign of personal bias against him being included. I would rather have people like him just admit they don't want him in because they don't like him instead of making these dumb arguments

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Sounds like hipster garbage from this board. Nothing worth getting worked up about. Although you may want to point out the irony in considering a character unpredictable for being 'too predictable.'

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Well, I gave it a shot. Pulled a Brawl announcer, and made the villain names sound more 'evil'.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s15tMsFHsvFM
That's pretty good. Reminds me of the Ganondorf reading.
The Brawl announcer was definitely the most unique. He had a cool way of making some of the names sound regal in way. The fact that he didn't sound out the syllables sometimes, it was all in a big drawl. (You can hear it when he counts down the numbers)

I'm probably talking absolute gobble-de-gook to most if not all of you so you'll need to take my word for it. (My opinion at least.)

Fun fact: I've long pictured that announcer saying King K. Rool and it just sounds perfect. I was ready to do my own version of it... only to realise mid-recording I don't have a mike. That would help. (I was vocalising at nothing for a minute or so.)

I've got a crummy camera that records video but it's one of those old ones that picks up EVERYTHING (the weird noises your mouth makes inadvertantly, my loud hard-drive, my Skyrim game).

Hell, I did give a good bash but a Scots guy with little VA experience trying to mimic an American with Alan Rickman drawl. Nobody needs to hear that.

Edit:
thanks! have another!
Where he belongs. ;)

Last edited:

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
How early do you think the Smash guide will leak in Japan? Didn't we get Brawls official roster like a month before release?
Chances are people already leaked it, but it got drowned by the sea of crap.
We will only know closer to the release...

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Is the Zoboomafoo story true? I was under the impression that composer Sterling Jarvis had written the theme song for both DKC and Zoboomafoo, but I can't find any sources authenticating that Richard Yearwood (DK's voice actor in the cartoon) sang the Zoboomafoo theme. The singing voices in both shows are identical, however.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Is the Zoboomafoo story true? I was under the impression that composer Sterling Jarvis had written the theme song for both DKC and Zoboomafoo, but I can't find any sources authenticating that Richard Yearwood (DK's voice actor in the cartoon) sang the Zoboomafoo theme. The singing voices in both shows are identical, however.
Oh dear Lord, here come the memories of Zoboomafoo flooding in.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I never saw Zaboomafoo, but upon checking out that opening, I saw that it starred the Kratt brothers, who I do remember from a show called 'Kratt's Creatures'. I can't be the only one, right?

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012

Coincidentally I had a similar argument with someone when play pokemon (on showdown) I met a guy named "King K" so I assumed he was a K. Rool fan.. And how excited he might be for a potential inclusion. He reacts negatively saying that he dislikes K. Rool and how he's not really deserving for the spot; how he preferes others. I go on discussing how there are many other people who are looking forward to his inclusion, soon after he says that nobody is 'hyped' for K. Rool for some reason. I mention things like if you google K. Rool the first thing you'd see is ssb4, where he would just dismiss things and go on how no one is never hyped for characters who are bound to be in, exclaiming they're too 'predictable' and includes characters like Ridly and Mewtwo in the same boat. He says that people would be hyped for the likes of Geno. I could go on but it was such a stupid argument on his end really.

Last edited:

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Coincidentally I had a similar argument with someone when play pokemon (on showdown) I met a guy named "King K" so I assumed he was a K. Rool fan.. And how excited he might be for a potential inclusion. He reacts negatively saying that he dislikes K. Rool and how he's not really deserving for the spot; how he preferes others. I go on discussing how there are many other people who are looking forward to his inclusion, soon after he says that nobody is 'hyped' for K. Rool for some reason. I mention things like if you google K. Rool the first thing you'd see is ssb4, where he would just dismiss things and go on how no one is never hyped for characters who are bound to be in, exclaiming they're too 'predictable' and includes characters like Ridly and Mewtwo in the same boat. He says that people would be hyped for the likes of Geno. I could go on but it was such a stupid argument on his end really.
He sounds like an unhappy person. Don't let his attitude pervade and overcome yours. You just do you.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

Back for the release of DK64, the game was advertised with a comic (or comics?) in an old Disney magazine. I took a panel from the comic, changed the text, and edited the eyes a little bit. I wanted to use much funnier text! But I was limited by the Japanese.

In any case, I believe K. Rool speaks for all of us. Onward to the release. And if it's necessary, beyond that.

Last edited:

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535

Not gonna call out any names, but someone literally just said this and...I just can't even comprehend this logic...

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

Not gonna call out any names, but someone literally just said this and...I just can't even comprehend this logic...
If anything, it confirms them. If they had time to make alts, it's because they had enough time to put everyone they wanted into the game.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
It's gotten the point where I'm terrified to check the picture of the day because I fear that Sakurai will confirm K. Rool as a boss or AT. The fact that the 3DS version probably won't even have a new DK stage is extremely worrisome. I need a hug.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
It's gotten the point where I'm terrified to check the picture of the day because I fear that Sakurai will confirm K. Rool as a boss or AT. The fact that the 3DS version probably won't even have a new DK stage is extremely worrisome. I need a hug.
I think we will get a stage from DKCR 3D.

Top Bottom