• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Confession: I only realised today that the "Be Prepared" video was in fact a parody using Lion King music and not from the cartoon series...
..............Are you implying that you've never seen The Lion King? Because it seems to me like that's the real confession.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
..............Are you implying that you've never seen The Lion King? Because it seems to me like that's the real confession.
I doubt it, I've seen Lion King before but I didn't notice till it was halfway through.
And to the earlier conversation on favorite DK games I gotta agree, DKJB was awesome, though it sucks how I never owned it on GC. Although I did get to play it at a friend's house with the bongos way back when, but nowadays I just check it out at my library every once in a while to relive the adrenaline rushes that are the Kong battles

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Of course I've seen it - just not in a fairly long time, so didn't immediately make the link (and didn't read the video description...).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Of course I've seen it - just not in a fairly long time, so didn't immediately make the link (and didn't read the video description...).
Fact is, BKupa made that video. He grabbed cutscenes from the cartoon and meshed them up to the song. Funny thing is I didn't even realize BKupa made that video at first, I don't always pay attention to the channel name when watching videos. :p

It is pure awesomeness, though. ^^

Zynux

Smash Lord
So, King K. Rool's playstyle.

Because with Blunderbuss, Cannonballs, Crown Toss and the lot, will he overall be a Heavyweight with lots of Zoning and Trapping techniques? I find this to be the most likely outcome, and possibly be the most distinct one.

K. Rool could also have a Stance type fighting, and being able to change between various Persona's (At least King, Pirate and Scientist) he's gone through over the years (which would at least change his Special Attacks), but this is highly unlikely. Besides a default movelist, any other extra moves will probably be relegated to Custom Moves I bet.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
So, King K. Rool's playstyle.

Because with Blunderbuss, Cannonballs, Crown Toss and the lot, will he overall be a Heavyweight with lots of Zoning and Trapping techniques? I find this to be the most likely outcome, and possibly be the most distinct one.

K. Rool could also have a Stance type fighting, and being able to change between various Persona's (At least King, Pirate and Scientist) he's gone through over the years (which would at least change his Special Attacks), but this is highly unlikely. Besides a default movelist, any other extra moves will probably be relegated to Custom Moves I bet.
Heavy zoner/trap character. His normals would not be that great imo but he has good power and is the Heavyest character in the game, run/walk speed is very fast but he would be very slow in the air. Between Crown Toss (Boomerang), and Different speed cannonball shots and different magic smoke shots he should be awesome.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know what (along with my belief the roster will be bigger than what people expect) gets me super optimistic for K. Rool=???

Everything Donkey Kong thus far is from DKC 1-3, DK64, or DKC Returns (and probably Tropical Freeze).

Heck, even Donkey Kong's new roll is the same roll he does in DKC.

That alone right there points to Donkey Kong Country.

Let's just hope we get delivered from Donkey Kong Country into the K. Kingdom Kountry!!! :shades:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
You know what (along with my belief the roster will be bigger than what people expect) gets me super optimistic for K. Rool=???

Everything Donkey Kong thus far is from DKC 1-3, DK64, or DKC Returns (and probably Tropical Freeze).

Let's just hope we get delivered from Donkey Kong Country into the K. Kingdom Kountry!!! :shades:
I like your level of optimism.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like your level of optimism.
See this optimism then.
Mario, Sonic The Hedgehog, Mega Man and Pac-Man all step into the arena. If this was 1991 the games industry might have imploded. But this is 2014 and while the popularity of these pixel pioneers has been on the wane in recent years, there’s still a palpable excitement in the room as Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai pits these iconic creations against one another in the latest sequel in his fighter franchise.

“It really is a miracle,” beams an ebullient Sakurai to the gathered room of journalists. “[We have] four of the most famous characters in the video game industry on the same screen battling each other. The only game that makes this possible is Super Smash Bros.”

“And, just between you and me,” he adds, leaning towards the crowd as if to whisper in the ear of each participant, “I’m aiming to make this the number one character game in the world.”
Wait, let's read that last part one more time...
Masahiro Sakurai said:
I’m aiming to make this the number one character game in the world.
How do you not include K. Rool in the "number one character game in the world" guys=???

Just how=???

This is especially when we don't have any newcomers remotely close to being heavyweights or have any skills that come anywhere near what K. Rool covers.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Maybe a little passive aggressive...but I'm sure most of us are wondering the same thing DK is wondering.

I lifted the nice little roster mock up from what I believe to be Tyeforce, a neogaf user.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I never expected K Rool to be announced before the game (unless it happened to be right before); but honestly I'm a bit annoyed right now.
I've been avoiding this thread for a while for it.

I'm feeling down about a lot of my characters lately for it. Not that I expected more, well... maybe I expected there to be more hype in general this last month, even if not reveals.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
See this optimism then.

Wait, let's read that last part one more time...

How do you not include K. Rool in the "number one character game in the world" guys=???

Just how=???

This is especially when we don't have any newcomers remotely close to being heavyweights or have any skills that come anywhere near what K. Rool covers.
Ridley, Krool, Mewtwo plz

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

I think you are right the fact that some of the biggest hyped characters haven't been hinted at in a while (Ridley, K Rool, and Mewtwo) helps them in my opinion. I mean with K Rool if he is not in the game as something I would think Sakurai would say.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
At this point, we should get The Hype 3 characters. In fact, I think at this point the ideal last megaton would be a trailer with The Hype 3 together.
I mean, I know we just got a veteran this week, but today is August 15th, we are in the middle of the last month before japanese release and yet no new trailer has been announced. I'm fairly convinced we're getting those 3, whether they are in the same video or not.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I've never seen it.

At this point, we should get The Hype 3 characters. In fact, I think at this point the ideal last megaton would be a trailer with The Hype 3 together.
I mean, I know we just got a veteran this week, but today is August 15th, we are in the middle of the last month before japanese release and yet no new trailer has been announced. I'm fairly convinced we're getting those 3, whether they are in the same video or not.
So, basically a villains trailer?

It might not be the most likely thing, but it would be a perfect way to end the character reveals and generate a massive amount of hype just before release.

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
Could I join the Krew? Honestly, this thread is the main reason I joined the forums in the first place. I already wrote my impressions on the King on the "Supporter Comments" section of the DLC Kampaign:

What can I say? Donkey Kong Country has stayed one my absolutely favourite video game series since I first played it, when I was no more than a little infant, and, consequently, K. Rool has a special place in my childhood memories as this charismatic, tyrannic and persona-changing villain that would always stand on my way to success.As it has been said countless times, K. Rool’s moveset could bring something new to the table: Aside from having countless options to choose from, he would essentially be a heavyweight character with a lot of ranged attacks at his disposal, something we have yet to see in Smash, all of this without sacrificing his powerful hand-to-hand combat abilities.I feel like the Donkey Kong series could use some more representation in Smash, and including K. Rool into the roster, after being a clear fan favourite for years, sporting a lot of support from the Smash and DK fanbase, even when his recent apparitions have been few, would be a fantastic way to help give the series of our favourite Nintendo monkey the recognition it needs.
He's been my most wanted newcomer for a long time, and I have faith he'll be in. Honestly, there's nothing I'm looking forward to the most in this game than to see him being revealed, I just love him too damn much. If he doesn't make the cut, oh well, we can always look forward to DLC/the next installment of the series.

Also, I have to say you've done an excellent job keeping the thread fresh, BKupa. Kudos to you!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Could I join the Krew? Honestly, this thread is the main reason I joined the forums in the first place. I already wrote my impressions on the King on the "Supporter Comments" section of the DLC Kampaign:

He's been my most wanted newcomer for a long time, and I have faith he'll be in. Honestly, there's nothing I'm looking forward to the most in this game than to see him being revealed, I just love him too damn much. If he doesn't make the cut, oh well, we can always look forward to DLC/the next installment of the series.

Also, I have to say you've done an excellent job keeping the thread fresh, BKupa. Kudos to you!
WELKOME FELLOW KUTTHROAT

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
I support King K. Rool in Smash, I'm honestly not even that big of him as a character, and likely won't play him much, but I definitely think he deserves a place due to the unique playstyles that could be created with him if he's done right. Also, MOAR VILLIANS.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Also @ BKupa666 BKupa666 , could you please change my name in the Kremling Kutthroats supporter list from Luigifan141 to Handy Man? I got Premium not too long ago and decided to change my name because I didn't like my older one, so if you could change it for me, that would be great. Thanks in advance!
I'm reposting this because my name still hasn't been changed, just as a reminder. :happysheep:

El Chunko

Smash Cadet
Can I join the Kutthroats? After lingering around this fourm for a while i've realized that K.Rool is my most wanted newcomer! Long live the king!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think you are right the fact that some of the biggest hyped characters haven't been hinted at in a while (Ridley, K Rool, and Mewtwo) helps them in my opinion. I mean with K Rool if he is not in the game as something I would think Sakurai would say.
Well Mewtwo aside (who is universally wanted due to his popularity as a veteran who wasn't as bad as people thought and is fantastic [as top tier] in Project M 3.0/3.02), the other 2 are literally the only top potential newcomers (Chorus Men/Marshall and Shulk aside) left that could:
1. Be so unique it is stupid.
2. Have enough moves to fill out all the custom moves with "wow moves"
3. Could be heavyweights.

Now that's not saying there isn't room for characters like Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, Krystal, Dark Pit, or Isaac, but that honestly, those 2 have priority.

On top of that, nothing makes heroes like bad guys.

The bad guys are half the story.

The "bad guys" are the reason heroes have to rise up in the first place. They're the reason people want the heroes.

On top of that "bad guys" have different play styles. This doesn't stop at straight up "take over the world and kill lots of people" villains like K. Rool, Ganondorf, and Ridley, or other "traditional" bad guys like Bowser and Mewtwo.

No, this includes anti-heroes and selfish (evil) characters like King Dedede, Meta Knight, Wolf, and Wario.

Heck, even Donkey Kong has a bit of this feel, although it's gone away with the more villain-esk characters introduced in Smash.

If you pay real close attention, all of them have an "aggressive" almost angry style in fighting.

They are generally more vicious, more focused, and have a kind of approach that doesn't suite our playable heroes.

After all, they are villains, so they do play like them.

That brings me to my last point:
4. Villains are different that heroes in not just allegiances but in how they fight and approach a fight.

And what backs up that point=???

K. Rool and Ridley are the only 2 notable villains that stand a reasonable chance at being playable.

The only other character left is Bowser Jr., a middle of the road boss who would inevitably be a clone.

That doesn't inspire the same raw, vicious, and just straight up mind melting uniqueness that K. Rool and Ridley offer in 2 VERYYY different ways.

In fact, no other characters really do offer that.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Well Mewtwo aside (who is universally wanted due to his popularity as a veteran who wasn't as bad as people thought and is fantastic [as top tier] in Project M 3.0/3.02), the other 2 are literally the only top potential newcomers (Chorus Men/Marshall and Shulk aside) left that could:

Now that's not saying there isn't room for characters like Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, Krystal, Dark Pit, or Isaac, but that honestly, those 2 have priority.

The "bad guys" are the reason heroes have to rise up in the first place. They're the reason people want the heroes.

On top of that "bad guys" have different play styles. This doesn't stop at straight up "take over the world and kill lots of people" villains like K. Rool, Ganondorf, and Ridley, or other "traditional" bad guys like Bowser and Mewtwo.

No, this includes anti-heroes and selfish (evil) characters like King Dedede, Meta Knight, Wolf, and Wario.

Heck, even Donkey Kong has a bit of this feel, although it's gone away with the more villain-esk characters introduced in Smash.

If you pay real close attention, all of them have an "aggressive" almost angry style in fighting.

They are generally more vicious, more focused, and have a kind of approach that doesn't suite our playable heroes.

4. Villains are different that heroes in not just allegiances but in how they fight and approach a fight.

K. Rool and Ridley are the only 2 notable villains that stand a reasonable chance at being playable.

The only other character left is Bowser Jr., a middle of the road boss who would inevitably be a clone.

That doesn't inspire the same raw, vicious, and just straight up mind melting uniqueness that K. Rool and Ridley offer in 2 VERYYY different ways.

Hey if bowser jr. was done correctly he wouldnt be a clone. His paintbrush moveset would be awesome.

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
WELKOME FELLOW KUTTHROAT
Kool, happy to be on the klub! And I guess that means I can accept other people in, right?

Can I join the Kutthroats? After lingering around this fourm for a while i've realized that K.Rool is my most wanted newcomer! Long live the king!
COME HERE MY KOMRADE, COME ABOARD, WE SHALL UNITE AND CONQUER

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

Yeah I would consider myself pretty good at Smash and Mewtwo is the character I'm best with(with Ike a close second). I think Sakuria is deliberately holding back villains for hype just before the game comes. The only other reason I could think of is a Boss Mode where you control the bosses, but I really hope that isn't it. I think Ridley would be the perfect anti-Little Mac. He would be deadly in the air and weak on the ground, while K Rool would be the big heavy weight bruiser. Bowser Jr I think would be cool if he has his paintbrush, but I don't want him in his clown car. I think the only reason Shulk and Chorus Men are popular is because of Gematsu, and while I do think they would be good characters Ridley and K Rool would be way better in my opinion.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Am I the only one that really, really, REALLY doesn't want K. Rool to use the Paon redesign.

For some reason, I hate it with a burning passion.

Long live King K. Rare!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Am I the only one that really, really, REALLY doesn't want K. Rool to use the Paon redesign.

For some reason, I hate it with a burning passion.

Long live King K. Rare!
You're not the only one, although I don't hate it that much, that tiny crown and no tail really bothers me for some reason, if Sakurai's using classic models for some characters like mega man and pac-man then hopefully he'll give k. rool his classic rare look as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom