• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Come on, guys. If someone actually knew about a new character, why would they be revealing info in vague hints? There's no reason for it.

If they knew the character, they'd say who it was.

By being vague like this, they'll be able to say they were right no matter who gets confirmed.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Assuming the rumors are true, I don't think anyone should worry about K. Rool just because the hints seem to suggest Inkling being revealed soon. One thing many of us had considered about the ballot reveals was that they would begin revealing them with a character popular in all regions. While Inkling may not be a ballot leader like K. Rool, they are still up there and they probably have more widespread notoriety/recognition than the King and basically every other remaining ballot popular Nintendo characters. If there's any character other than K. Rool that would be revealed first, I think it would be them. That is, it still makes sense within the context of the ballot.

Besides, like mentioned, it is good news in that it confirms that having a costume revealed first does not mean one is out of the running as DLC. Combined with the fact that the newest Mii costume wave also seemed devoid of ballot popular characters, I think the Mii costume "consolation prize" argument is moribund.

Last edited:

MrMacBeth

Smash Rookie
Well, they seems in quite good terms for people calling each others' information "garbage" though, as they are actually exchanging friendly tweets right now... What is your source? (Please, tell me you have one to deconfirm this fishy leak once & for all!)

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Where did he say that?
literally right on his twitter page
Well, they seems in quite good terms for people calling each others' information "garbage" though, as they are actually exchanging friendly tweets right now... What is your source? (Please, tell me you have one to deconfirm this fishy leak once & for all!)
He didn't really call it garabge.More so the guy piggybacked off roger and seeing as roger said his news and source isn't smash related and the guy said roger source was.Will you can connect the dots

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
As stated before, the difficulty is in deciphering the subjective bits. Stealth could see K. Rool as a prospective winner, therefore ruling him out of this tweet, or see other characters with a louder hype factor, such as Shovel Knight or Banjo, in that role, keeping him viable as the mystery character.

And the "eventual addition" thing qualifies as well. I, for one, see K. Rool as an eventual addition in terms of, the split second he gets into a new game, he's pretty much in Smash, thanks to everything else he has going for him. But outsiders with less knowledge of Retro say that "K. Rool shows no sign of being in a new game so he has no chance beyond this ballot."

For what it's worth, I've heard conflicting reports on Stealth...some say he's a GameFAQs troll who hates K. Rool and would therefore not be "excited" for him, but he has a tweet saying K. Rool was one of the characters he voted for.

If not just for the character himself, I want K. Rool to come first so I don't have to speculate such murky **** anymore, heh.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
As stated before, the difficulty is in deciphering the subjective bits. Stealth could see K. Rool as a prospective winner, therefore ruling him out of this tweet, or see other characters with a louder hype factor, such as Shovel Knight or Banjo, in that role, keeping him viable as the mystery character.

And the "eventual addition" thing qualifies as well. I, for one, see K. Rool as an eventual addition in terms of, the split second he gets into a new game, he's pretty much in Smash, thanks to everything else he has going for him. But outsiders with less knowledge of Retro say that "K. Rool shows no sign of being in a new game so he has no chance beyond this ballot."

For what it's worth, I've heard conflicting reports on Stealth...some say he's a GameFAQs troll who hates K. Rool and would therefore not be "excited" for him, but he has a tweet saying K. Rool was one of the characters he voted for.

If not just for the character himself, I want K. Rool to come first so I don't have to speculate such murky **** anymore, heh.
Roger claims Stealth piggybacked off of his leak which isn't smash related.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
What's especially nice about King K. Rool possibly being the character that's getting released soon is that, not only does he fit the criteria, but we've been asking for him way longer than we have for the Inklings. The Inklings are only a few months old, so the wait for them getting into Smash would be way shorter than the wait for King K. Rool, who some people have been wanting since Brawl and even Melee. We've been waiting way too long for King K. Rool to get added, so if both King K. Rool and the Inklings are in development, it would be very nice if King K. Rool got confirmed and released before the Inklings did.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Roger claims Stealth piggybacked off of his leak which isn't smash related.
Not seeing this on Twitter...I think we've started entering the misinformation stage. Even Roger seems fed up with it, talking about people putting words in his mouth.

Now we're getting to the point of "ROGER MADE A JOKE ABOUT NOT KNOWING ALL BALLOT WINNERS = IT'S NOT ABOUT SMASH AND IS JUST ABOUT A DIRECT EXISTING." Lol

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
and i'm just saying.Even if this leak is fake(imo 100% fake) you still have this
Which imo surprise you guys haven't been talking about more.

Last edited by a moderator:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
What's especially nice about King K. Rool possibly being the character that's getting released soon is that, not only does he fit the criteria, but we've been asking for him way longer than we have for the Inklings. The Inklings are only a few months old, so the wait for them getting into Smash would be way shorter than the wait for King K. Rool, who some people have been wanting since Brawl and even Melee. We've been waiting way too long for King K. Rool to get added, so if both King K. Rool and the Inklings are in development, it would be very nice if King K. Rool got confirmed and released before the Inklings did.
This is exactly the problem I have with the support for and inclusion of recently-debuted characters. They've just hit the scene, so they have time to grow even larger fanbases that will easily lead them to inclusion in Smash eventually. But for supporters of characters many years older, every game that goes by without our favorites joining the roster is another several years of waiting, sometimes with lower chances for inclusion than we had the last time.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Not seeing this on Twitter...I think we're started entering the misinformation stage. Even Roger seems fed up with it, talking about people putting words in his mouth.
Just saw that just now over at the Nintenzone social (Even though they were going on about Awakening waifus. They don't realise the true adorableness of Pieri or Velour...! Oh wait. FE Fates is coming 2016...)

Regardless, I say we should probably end our discussion on the current 'rumour,' if RogersBase is starting to get annoyed. For now, keep on waiting for the King to take his place on the Ballot Throne.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Honestly?
These leaks aren't helping the agonizing wait to the Ballot results.
Seriously! What is so difficult about revealing the results?
All I want to know is whether or not K. Rool and Rayman are getting in as DLC. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Honestly?
These leaks aren't helping the agonizing wait to the Ballot results.
Seriously! What is so difficult about revealing the results?
All I want to know is whether or not K. Rool and Rayman are getting in as DLC. I don't think that's too much to ask for.
'Fraid it is too much to ask. And I have a feeling folks who start these bull rumors want to make the wait as painful as possible.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
and i'm just saying.Even if this leak is fake(imo 100% fake) you still have this
Just for the sake of discussion.

Assuming that this is real for a bit, which I doubt by the way... What do you guys think of that model?

I don't mind it, personally. One thing that I commend the Mii costume for at least is keeping the golden plate on his belly. Kind of wish there was more detail on his shawls, jewel that mends his cape and krown, though. His feet could be a bit more level with his toenails as well. Even with those nitpicks though, I'd still take it over Paon any day.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
So, while reading some of this thread's pages, I saw that some people were worried that the Ballot is giving us the illusion of having weight on the character's choices and the Ballot means nothing.
There's one thing that stands in the way of that idea:
Sakurai wasn't the one who formed the Ballot.
Iwata formed it.
Now, Iwata did pass away , so that should mean that Sakurai can do whatever the hell he wants with the Ballot, right?
Maybe he can. However, the Ballot was one of Iwata's last accomplishments. Because of this, I think Sakurai would honor Iwata by staying true to what Iwata intended the Ballot to be for:
To find out what characters WE want to see appear in Smash.
Food for thought.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So, while reading some of this thread's pages, I saw that some people were worried that the Ballot is giving us the illusion of having weight on the character's choices and the Ballot means nothing.
There's one thing that stands in the way of that idea:
Sakurai wasn't the one who formed the Ballot.
Iwata formed it.
Now, Iwata did pass away , so that should mean that Sakurai can do whatever the hell he wants with the Ballot, right?
Maybe he can. However, the Ballot was one of Iwata's last accomplishments. Because of this, I think Sakurai would honor Iwata by staying true to what Iwata intended the Ballot to be for:
To find out what characters WE want to see appear in Smash.
Food for thought.
Here's some more food for thought in that vein: There were two others before this one. Sakurai always made it a point to go out of his way to add the most-requested characters from those, even up to squeezing one extra unplanned character into Melee due to the fact that he had been so popularly-requested.

D

Deleted member

How many leaks does it take to get a new character announcement goddamnit.

The wait is making me go bananas.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
GETTING REAL SICK OF THEM NOT SAYING ANYTHING

Jesus, just say SOMETHING.

"The ballot has ended! Thanks for voting!"
"Stay tuned in the coming months for more info on the results of the ballot!"
"Thank you everyone who voted in the Smash Ballot!"

ANYTHING.

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
How many leaks does it take to get a new character announcement goddamnit.

The wait is making me go bananas.
My reaction to the fake leaks being made:

Here's some more food for thought in that vein: There were two others before this one. Sakurai always made it a point to go out of his way to add the most-requested characters from those, even up to squeezing one extra unplanned character into Melee due to the fact that he had been so popularly-requested.
Exactly. Sakurai has done it before. What makes this situation any different besides being in all languages? Absolutely nothing, that's what.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I dunno about you, guys, but I am still calm and optimistic, and being patient (which is weird because I am not usually patient). I am sure we'll get something soon.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The problem is that NUMEROUS people thought Pirate Ship would happen. We're not talking about it because its a pointless comparison. Everyone was guessing Pirate Ship as a likely candidate. And K. Rool is still likely even without stupid rumors, so I don't give a crap.

I don't see them releasing three characters at once, and I definitely don't see more than one more third-party as DLC (if we get any).

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Man, if we find out that they have JUST STARTED work on the Ballot characters, then we're going to be waiting for a very long time.

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
GETTING REAL SICK OF THEM NOT SAYING ANYTHING

Jesus, just say SOMETHING.

"The ballot has ended! Thanks for voting!"
"Stay tuned in the coming months for more info on the results of the ballot!"
"Thank you everyone who voted in the Smash Ballot!"

ANYTHING.
they said "The Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot program has concluded. Thanks for your submissions." on the ballot page

Burruni

Smash Hero
You make a point, but Sakurai is known for being a troll and going back on what he says. You never know what might happen. I honestly don't mind if it's not Ridley, but it would generate the hugest amount of hype ever (next to K.Rool himself)
My point was that Ridley getting in would be a shock because of what Sakurai has said. If he gets in this site's going to implode upon itself.
Stealth, if credible, said the character getting in isn't someone who will generate shock.

Edit: Ergo, if this leak is true; it's a big deal but not a Big Deal.

(Sorry to bring something up that's a few pages old now, I was at work and wanted to explain myself).

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So what if this character thats being hinted is actually Dixie instead of the Inklings?

Shes first party
Expected in Smash eventually
Not a surprise and makes sense
Isn't the top character on the ballot

plus we have the Tikibuzz stage in the data. Its very possible shes the newcomer thats being hinted!

MainJPW

M.T.A
So what if this character thats being hinted is actually Dixie instead of the Inklings?

Shes first party
Expected in Smash eventually
Not a surprise and makes sense
Isn't the top character on the ballot

plus we have the Tikibuzz stage in the data. Its very possible shes the newcomer thats being hinted!
Tikibuzz is simply a placeholder name.

Last edited:
Top Bottom