• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Damn. Seeing those DK-'specialized' bundles of a Nintendo console really takes you back to other times AND makes you wonder what could be if Nintendo did them with the series TODAY...

I mean, only Mario, Splatoon, and some others, yet no DK/Metroid/Star Fox...that is...just...yeah...

:bowser:

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What 4chan leak? I'm aware of RogersBase saying he found something out and someone else called Stealth on twitter.
The relatively old one pre-1.1.1 that said Pirate Ship would be added as the last returning stage, with Bomberman, Wolf and K. Rool (and later Shovel Knight) being added as playable.

It was a few days before the update I think; there's a post about it further up.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Yeah, DKC was massive on the NES and N64. Rare's buyout basically killed it for years. DK64 wasn't even that great but it still sold amazingly well.
Strangely enough, Donkey Kong 64 is my favorite Donkey Kong game to this date. I thought it was amazing and full of content when I first got it. I still think it's one of the best collect-a-thons I've played.

Anyone else remember the "GET OUT!" voice in Angry Aztec? S*** scared my brothers and I when we were young.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Strangely enough, Donkey Kong 64 is my favorite Donkey Kong game to this date. I thought it was amazing and full of content when I first got it. I still think it's one of the best collect-a-thons I've played.

Anyone else remember the "GET OUT!" voice in Angry Aztec? S*** scared my brothers and I when we were young.
I always liked DK64 as well. Even when I replayed it recently I still enjoyed it. In fact I 101% completed the game in a few days.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
My favorite DK game too. I finished twice after leaving it for too many years guarded in a closet, one reason being not knowing what to do at a young age, but after re-discovering how to do things and ACTUALLY EXPLORE in it, I got the gist of it and went all the way with it. But so glad in actually completing 101%. So much fun with the characters, the levels, the gameplay, the collectables (Yes, believe it or not, I didn't mind them as much as others, but I understand why people though bad of them. It just made it more LENGHTY, that's all), and the music. Everything about it is so enjoyable. Didn't dissapoint and glad to be able to go throught it all. So WORTH IT.

Hopefully there's other games of Nintendo in the same vein like that. Too much 2D with Indies, and the very company itself too count that a full-pledge 3D adventure would be a VERY welcomed addition on these days.

Besides, it was the game where the idea of K.Rool being a badass-fun-evil-villain-character got started for me. It holds a special place with me.

I mean, how can you forget things like-

:bowser:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The relatively old one pre-1.1.1 that said Pirate Ship would be added as the last returning stage, with Bomberman, Wolf and K. Rool (and later Shovel Knight) being added as playable.

It was a few days before the update I think; there's a post about it further up.
Pretty sure it was made like half a month before the patch dropped.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Pretty sure it was made like half a month before the patch dropped.
Well, either way, it's still the most (loosely) plausible leak-based thread we have. If it's right, then I get what I want, if it's not, what else is new, so I see no downside to hoping it's right.

So yeah.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Why does RogersBase of all people have "info"...? I mean, I can't undestand how a totally medicore YouTuber with no connections to Nintendo can know anything.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Why does RogersBase of all people have "info"...? I mean, I can't undestand how a totally medicore YouTuber with no connections to Nintendo can know anything.
From what I've calculated, he was a former employee of Nintendo, so it would make a little sense as to how he got the info.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
From what I've calculated, he was a former employee of Nintendo, so it would make a little sense as to how he got the info.
Because he would know how to get it due to his former status. He most likely snuck in or something like that using former identification.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that even if this rumor is true and even if it isn't K. Rool, there are still two empty slots at least.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Well, he claims himself to be a former "Associate Product Demonstrator" around the "Chicagoland Area" back in 2012-2013.

"I was responsible for driving foot traffic with interesting and innovative demo setups, answering any of the player’s questions, and relaying consumer feedback to my supervisors".

"I was regularly commended by both consumers and store personnel for my professionalism and ability to explain things clearly while staying enthusiastic and genuine. I was even singled out by one of my supervisors for my “photo-op” demo stations and was allowed to keep all of the products that I demonstrated as thanks for a job well done".

I still find it weird that Nintendo would give a low rank worker whom retired in 2013 important info regarding one of their biggest titles. If he truly knows something he probably got info from former colleagues or friends still working at Nintendo.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Keep in mind that even if this rumor is true and even if it isn't K. Rool, there are still two empty slots at least.
From the information given, the character is most likely either Inklings, Bandana Dee, or Tetra, no K. Rool here.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Calm down guise, there will be more than one character, and obviously, they'll save the best for last: our king.
I honestly hope they don't. I don't want anymore suspense, I want closure. I hope that if K. Rool is in, he is revealed first.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Latest leak is more of Rogersbase saying on tweets that he knows of an incoming character reveal happening in the following weeks. And some guy named Stealth bandwagoned on that giving hints about the character but Roger claims he knows bull.

And the previous leak with Wolf, Bomberman and K. Rool that guessed that Pirate Ship would return. But that one is a bit old by leak standards.
The problem with that is pirate ship it s such a safe bet

The safety net would be as long as calerforina

Oh by the way 4 characters actually

That leak also mentioned shovel knight as the 4th one.

I can tell K Rool won't be in...sadly

Or prove it

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Alright guys, don't pester him. If he thinks K. Rool is down and out that's fine; none of us have any real way of knowing whether K. Rool made the cut or not, so I see why people would be a bit pessimistic.

Now to wait patiently.

Geez, more so-called leaks?

It's more of an insider telling us all he can without getting into trouble. RogerBase is also tweeting about the same thing since Stealth was retweeting those tweets. At least we're hearing something from someone.

Also to the people who are saying why is he not telling us who the character is? Ever heard of an NDA? He and RogerBase clearly can't tell us what they've been shown but they are telling us all they can so that we can know when we will see the new character, both of them say within two weeks time.

Stealth told us we'd be getting a direct soon back at the end of March this year and then we got the April 1st direct that took everyone by surprise.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So... I'm still catching up with things.

RogerBase says the character is 8-9 on the hype-scale and the inclusion won't be surprising. Why does it rule out K. Rool?

:231:

RogerBase says the character is 8-9 on the hype-scale and the inclusion won't be surprising. Why does it rule out K. Rool?

It doesn't Rool him out. ;)

People just think it may be Inklings since RogerBase apparently loves the Inklings and the tweets from Stealth saying that whoever this character is would've got in regardless of the ballot.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529

K Rool isnt ruled out completely, but Stealth has stated that he thinks the character was not the overall ballot winner, so people are thinking that the potential new character is someone who was very popular but not holding the throne of the Ballot (which is why most people are predicting Inklings as of now)

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
...Didn't Roger say it isn't even Smash related...?

Stealth and Zef are the ones saying it is.

Last edited:
...Didn't Roger say it isn't even Smash related...?

Stealth and Zef are the ones saying it is.
He said it wasn't the Hyrule Warriors news about Skull Kid joining the roster. He doesn't want to say what game it is but Stealth who did say it was Smash has been retweeting his tweets and they both say the news will come in two weeks time.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
He said it wasn't the Hyrule Warriors news about Skull Kid joining the roster. He doesn't want to say what game it is but Stealth who did say it was Smash has been retweeting his tweets and they both say the news will come in two weeks time.
I guess.

Something just doesn't seem right about this. I can't place my finger on it but it seems off.
I'm honestly expecting an outcome of either Roger, Stealth and Zef made up that some news will come in a few weeks just to mess with people a bit or Zef and Stealth are trolling. Especially given Stealth's past accounts on "leaks".

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
It could still be that all are talking about different things and the "within 2 weeks" just means we are getting a direct with all the infos bundled

I guess.

Something just doesn't seem right about this. I can't place my finger on it but it seems off.
I'm honestly expecting an outcome of either Roger, Stealth and Zef made up that some news will come in a few weeks just to mess with people a bit or Zef and Stealth are trolling. Especially given Stealth's past accounts on "leaks".
I very much doubt there's a conspiracy here pal, I can tell you right now that there is no trolling going on here. It would be pretty unprofessional of them and would hurt their reputations badly. Even GameXplain said they are trustworthy.

It could still be that all are talking about different things and the "within 2 weeks" just means we are getting a direct with all the infos bundled
Could be, but RogerBase is a very Smash centric channel so I'm guessing it's Smash related.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Inklings getting in wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I'd be more than a little upset that we get yet another character who feels like an advertisement.

I can understand that Xzsmmc, I would rather have K.Rool before Inklings. But they do make sense since they are extremely popular right now. I find it interesting that Sakurai said all DLC characters after Ryu would be fanservice but like you say, Inklings feel like an advertisement, however Nintendo can get away with it since so many people would want Inklings in Smash so they can claim it as fanservice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom