• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If there is a new DK character for DLC, this is what may likely happen

Who we want: King K. Rool

Who we'll actually get: Dixie Kong

I'll be glad for Dixie fans but bittersweet if she makes it in over K. Rool.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Going to post this since there's nothing really else for me to comment on at the moment.

In an alternate universe, King K. Rool and Ridley have been playable since Melee while the new SSB for Wii U/3-DS's DLC's most fan requested characters are Bowser and Ganondorf. Bowser is the one being called "too big, too ugly, and told that "he'd just be a K. Rool clone" and Ganondorf is being called "too evil for smash", who trolls are still beating at like he was a dead horse after Sakurai confirmed him as a stage boss.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
This post-ballot madness reminds me a lot of fishing. We're all cast out and waiting for something to sink our hooks into. Something could hit at any moment and we're all anticipating that inevitable moment when something bites. Only difference is that we actually want a croc at the end of the line.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Going to post this since there's nothing really else for me to comment on at the moment.

In an alternate universe, King K. Rool and Ridley have been playable since Melee while the new SSB for Wii U/3-DS's DLC's most fan requested characters are Bowser and Ganondorf. Bowser is the one being called "too big, too ugly, and told that "he'd just be a K. Rool clone" and Ganondorf is being called "too evil for smash", who trolls are still beating at like he was a dead horse after Sakurai confirmed him as a stage boss.
Im going to guess that in that universe Donkey Kong Country is the highest selling Nintendo franchise of all time with numerous games and spin-offs including the newly released Donkey Kong Maker. Meanwhile Super Mario Bros is pretty good but can't decide on a main villain since Retro released a new Super Mario Bros Returns with Wart as the new antagonist.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So, what leak were we talking about again? I'd like to know.
Latest leak is more of Rogersbase saying on tweets that he knows of an incoming character reveal happening in the following weeks. And some guy named Stealth bandwagoned on that giving hints about the character but Roger claims he knows bull.

And the previous leak with Wolf, Bomberman and K. Rool that guessed that Pirate Ship would return. But that one is a bit old by leak standards.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Latest leak is more of Rogersbase saying on tweets that he knows of an incoming character reveal happening in the following weeks. And some guy named Stealth bandwagoned on that giving hints about the character but Roger claims he knows bull.

And the previous leak with Wolf, Bomberman and K. Rool that guessed that Pirate Ship would return. But that one is a bit old by leak standards.
Who's on first is easier to understand than whats going on with these leaks.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Oh right, those leaks. Of course.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

From Taylor on miiverse.

(Yeah yeah, there are probably multiple "winners" and most votes doesn't guarantee a spot, yadda yadda)
"No not that fatty Shovel Knight deserves it way more than him!"
And here we see a specimen like no other than can't handle the fact that maybe people like something with more of a legacy than Shovel Knight.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Lets take a quick break from the leaks.

Next project. (They're all in a photo-booth)
K. Rool with some other Smash waifus.

Just a bit of fun! (Rate me on Lucina, pls. Anime is NOT my forte.)
Why is Lucina bald in some spots? Did a Klaptrap get in her hair?
Secret agent King K Rool
Krempossible... Someone's probably going to make that within the first 10 seconds of this being posted.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Can we knock off the Shovel Knight hate? I'm not allowed to openly hate the anime-esque characters anymore, so why does Shovel Knight get a free pass to be dissed?

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
GUYS. TOO MANY PAGES, JEEZ.

Anyway, all of this talk because of a LEAK that was considered as fake not long after being 'told about'? Come on guys, I know you're better than that. All of that just so is done to gain awareness while not adding anything new to the table. That'd be like if I had some 'sources' and told many folks here and there online about the proposed models that are being worked over for the game, one of which has been 'spotted' by a worked that has the shape of a certain penguin, but only difference is that...

It has a CROWN-like thing on its head.

:bowser:

Burruni

Smash Hero
GUYS. TOO MANY PAGES, JEEZ.

Anyway, all of this talk because of a LEAK that was considered as fake not long after being 'told about'? Come on guys, I know you're better than that. All of that just so is done to gain awareness while not adding anything new to the table. That'd be like if I had some 'sources' and told many folks here and there online about the proposed models that are being worked over for the game, one of which has been 'spotted' by a worked that has the shape of a certain penguin, but only difference is that...

It has a CROWN-like thing on its head.

:bowser:
I KNOW THIS ONE. I KNOW THIS ONE.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
"No not that fatty Shovel Knight deserves it way more than him!"
And here we see a specimen like no other than can't handle the fact that maybe people like something with more of a legacy than Shovel Knight.
Ugh, I hate it when people say that K. Rool doesn't "deserve" to get in. I mean, Smash is a game about Nintendo All-stars, and K. Rool is the main villain of the DKC series, one of Nintendo's most successful franchises. Apparently that isn't enough compared to being a third party character from only a handful of games to some people.

Zard lover Doom Desire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
N1ntendogam1ng
Clearly Shovel Knight gets in over King K. Rool. I’ll have you know that wielding a shovel is breaking new grounds people! Why, one day we might even see a character wielding a rake, if any developer is daring enough to pull it off.

(I don’t hate SK but he won’t get in over our king)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

RogersBase has never said it was a character. He just says its Nintendo related. It COULD be a character, but he never said it was. (Keep in mind, he never said it wasn't, either. Anything you heard about him saying it wasn't is false, he never said that.)

Someone else named Stealth on twitter said he knows there's a new character, he knows who it is (its a Nintendo newcomer who isn't too much of a surprise and would still bring big hype, but likely wasn't influenced by the ballot), and he knows the character will be revealed within the next week.

RogersBase has info for the same timeframe which he says is an 8 or 9 on the hype scale. Neither can say what it is. These two are kinda buddy-buddy, though, its possible both know the same info.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Ugh, I hate it when people say that K. Rool doesn't "deserve" to get in. I mean, Smash is a game about Nintendo All-stars, and K. Rool is the main villain of the DKC series, one of Nintendo's most successful franchises. Apparently that isn't enough compared to being a third party character from only a handful of games to some people.
A good portion of Nintendo fans nowadays are too young to remember when DKC was a big series, which I think leads to attitudes like that. DK was basically relegated to gimmicky experiments and Mario spinoffs for a decade, so its not too surprising people don't know that back in the day, DKC was huge. Hell, look at this:

This was a PAL region promo that had a SNES as well as DKC1 and Mario Allstars. Look at how much focus DK got compared to Mario. It's a bit surreal comparing something like this to the present climate.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, DKC was massive on the NES and N64. Rare's buyout basically killed it for years. DK64 wasn't even that great but it still sold amazingly well.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
I TOTALLY DIDN'T FORGET ABOUT CROC FACT OF THE DAY
MAYBE YOU FORGOT
PUT THAT IN YER PIPE AND SMOKE IT

Um, anyway, Croc Fact of the almost midnight lol: all crocodilian species care for their young in some fashion. At minimum, this includes protection for about a year, digging up the late hatchers, delicately cracking eggs for the weaker babies, and carrying the whole brood to the water via the mother's mouth. While males don't normally participate in childrearing, they have been known to recognize their own offspring and not try to eat them/run them out of town.

Zard lover Doom Desire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
N1ntendogam1ng
MAYBE YOU FORGOT

Um, anyway, Croc Fact of the almost midnight lol: all crocodilian species care for their young in some fashion. At minimum, this includes protection for about a year, digging up the late hatchers, delicately cracking eggs for the weaker babies, and carrying the whole brood to the water via the mother's mouth. While males don't normally participate in childrearing, they have been known to recognize their own offspring and not try to eat them/run them out of town.
What if you run out of interesting facts? Will you resort to “crocodiles have scales”?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Yeah, DKC was massive on the NES and N64. Rare's buyout basically killed it for years. DK64 wasn't even that great but it still sold amazingly well.
Hell even the Kremlings were seen as pretty big characters in 90's I can't remember which E3/Space World event it was but they had a guy in a Klump suit come out on stage to promote one of the DKC or DKL games. So yes the kremlings were iconic to Nintendo and it's fans then after the Rare buyout Nintendo declared "they weren't fresh enough" and the fact Retro didn't use them twice now brainwashed a percentage of Nintendo fans into believing K.Rool and the Kremlings were "uninspired, lazy, ugly, generic enemies" yet you NEVER heard any of this when DKC series was big. Freaking hipsters, man!

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
MAYBE YOU FORGOT

I'd say I wish my parents were cold-blooded reptiles, but they already are XD

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Gonna sit here and silently hope for that 4chan leak to be on to something.

Ignoring the fact that aside from ESRB leaks, 4chan has been right about **** all.

At least they didn't try to predict Direct info. That's currently at a 0% success rate.

A good portion of Nintendo fans nowadays are too young to remember when DKC was a big series, which I think leads to attitudes like that. DK was basically relegated to gimmicky experiments and Mario spinoffs for a decade, so its not too surprising people don't know that back in the day, DKC was huge. Hell, look at this:

This was a PAL region promo that had a SNES as well as DKC1 and Mario Allstars. Look at how much focus DK got compared to Mario. It's a bit surreal comparing something like this to the present climate.
Off topic, but this is an Australian exclusive SNES console bundle, pretty hard to come by and they sell for $1k+ easily, Aussie $$$. There's an even rarer set which includes a yellow and green electronic diary, pretty much identical, aside from a pic of the diary on the front.

Here is another one and my personal favourite:

They both look amazing, I like how there is a kremling on the Pirate Pak

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Gonna sit here and silently hope for that 4chan leak to be on to something.

Ignoring the fact that aside from ESRB leaks, 4chan has been right about **** all.

At least they didn't try to predict Direct info. That's currently at a 0% success rate.
What 4chan leak? I'm aware of RogersBase saying he found something out and someone else called Stealth on twitter.

Top Bottom