• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

(Users: 36, Guests: 24)
Why are there so many users watiching this thread? has word spread again or something?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
If that tweet has any validity at all, I'd have to guess that it's referring to an Inkling to be honest. I don't know... Just something about that wording. Although out of the characters that he seems to like, the choices that fit the criteria he stated seem to narrow down to either King K. Rool or the Inkling.

EDIT: Wait, what? Inklings aren't 1st party?

Last edited:

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
Im sure to 90% its K. Rool
Stealth said: The Smash Ballot is over in a few days. I voted for Crono, Bomberman, K Rool, Isaac, Andy, Malo, Inkling.
He said this character is a character he likes.
Only K. Rool is first party of these characters.

Morbi

Scavenger
(Users: 36, Guests: 24)
Why are there so many users watiching this thread? has word spread again or something?
Not sure, I just logged in and I am trying to find the tweet that everyone is talking. I assume it has to do with King K. Rool, otherwise, people would be elsewhere.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I think that if either K. Rool (I pronounce it as 'Kay') or Inklings get confirmed, then that's a plus for the other, since both would have disproved the fact that Mii Costumes ≠ Disconfirmation.

Interesting rumour... We'll just have to wait and see. Meanwhile, I'll get back to my Japanese study since the heatwave from yesterday is gone!

Morbi

Scavenger
So does anyone actually believe this Stealth guy? He hasn't told us who the fighter is yet, pretty sure he would say it if he knew.
I just found the tweet and I have to agree with you, there is no reason to believe him. Most everyone expected a character reveal within "about 2 weeks." So, unless he has specific or exclusive information, there is no logical reason to believe him. It was a common assumption in the first place, as far as I could tell.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
If the leak is legit then I doubt it's K. Rool simply because it's supposed to be someone you wouldn't think would win the ballot. The only way it could be K. Rool is if this guy thinks that Wolf is the winner of the ballot, leaving K. Rool as the guy that didn't win but got in anyway because he makes sense or whatever.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
With the rumored Splatoon update incoming (if I understood correctly), I'm gonna say we should all expect Inkling. Which I guess is better than most choices. At least it is another dent in the Mii costume argument.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
No but seriously you guys why is this even worth a discussion?? It's the same thing as a Nintendo smashproducer tweeting ''I KNOW WHICH CHARACTER WON THE BALLOT BUT I AINT GONE TELL CUZ I LOVE MY JOB AND NINTENDO WILL SUE ME LOLOLOL''.

I'm not questioning whether this person knows something or not. But what's the ****ing point?? XD
the point is we've all been pushing for K. rool to be in smash bros., some of us since 2001. And when we hear of news, totally legitimate or not, we're going to talk about it. That's the point.
:049:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Part of me is also thinking it could be Waddle Dee. He checks most of the boxes as well.
As a Bandana Waddle Dee supporter, I would absolutely not be opposed to this. However, even I wouldn't want to see him until after K. Rool.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Agreed with the Kay Rool pronunciation.
King "Kay" Rool camp here.
"Kay Rool."
For me, it's "King Kay Rool".
I always rolled with King Kay Rool.

I know the pun and all, but Kay. Rool just sounds much snazzier!
I also always pronounced it "King Kay Rool",
inb4 K. Rool comes to Smash Bros., and the announcer says "King Kuh Rool!!" :troll:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
the point is we've all been pushing for K. rool to be in smash bros., some of us since 2001. And when we hear of news, totally legitimate or not, we're going to talk about it. That's the point.
:049:
But there is no 'news'. I could tweet the same thing and we don't know more than we did a day ago. ''new character in the near future u guys!!'' Omg really?!??????? Woow!!! Big leak yo!

------

I need his Country 3 outfit in my life btw on another note.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
But there is no 'news'. I could tweet the same thing and we don't know more than we did a day ago. ''new character in the near future u guys!!'' Omg really?!??????? Woow!!! Big leak yo!

------

If you're uninterested in the discussion, feel free to not take part.

But on your other note, yeah, it would be cool for more characters to have full alt costumes instead of just palette swaps.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace

------

Obviously you don't care about the news, many of us do. There's no negotiating the fact.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I am very sorry you guys this is BIG news wow. After luigi's Dthrow nerf I've been searching for this big turn up and you guys convinced me that this tweet is it!

I have to tell my friends this incredible news now. Bye <3

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So, new supposed leak, and from a credible source for once. Let's see how this lines up.
Also I was the first one to introduce the October 14th rumor to this thread, and I'm so happy it's being taken seriously .u.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Come on, guys.
I thought we were past the point where we believe everyone who says they have "insider info".

Don't get your hopes up.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Any chances that it could be Bomberman to match that other leak with Bman, K. Rool and Wolf?. At least Im certain that Bomberman fill the "not related to the ballot" quota.
Im just eating any kind of news, even if its a rumor of some guy. Not like Im 100% believing, but Im just glad we are likely getting something in the next week.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Any chances that it could be Bomberman to match that other leak with Bman, K. Rool and Wolf?. At least Im certain that Bomberman fill the "not related to the ballot" quota.
Im just eating any kind of news, even if its a rumor of some guy. Not like Im 100% believing, but Im just glad we are likely getting something in the next week.
Bomberman isn't a Nintendo character.

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
i feel that the real king k.rool is maybe doomed if sakurai has not created him in development to be playable from the ballot results then i guess this means he stays a mii fighter and i heard all about that twitter stuff i think sakurai has the final say for king k.rool i just need to find out if he'll confirm him or not very soon

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
What's this leak your all talking about?
The hints so far include:
"First Party character, but not a character that 'I think won the Ballot'"
"This is a character that will not be a clone or a disappointment"
"This character will not be a shock, but one that is seen as an eventual addition to Smash Bros."
That's some of the key points most of us can deduce from his Twitter posts, and he's also said explicitly that it is not Wolf, Shovel Knight or Shantae. Many of us are thinking that he's hinting at the presence of the Inklings, who fit well into the given criteria.

And if the Inklings do get confirmed, it'll be a point for King K. Rool either way, since it proves that Mii Costumes do not equal a total deconfirmation, and also removes a potential threat to K. Rool's Ballot running.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Guys the leak is fake.Roger confirmed that the guys source is garage and his source is not smash related.Move on

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
The hints so far include:
"First Party character, but not a character that 'I think won the Ballot'"
"This is a character that will not be a clone or a disappointment"
"This character will not be a shock, but one that is seen as an eventual addition to Smash Bros."
That's some of the key points most of us can deduce from his Twitter posts, and he's also said explicitly that it is not Wolf, Shovel Knight or Shantae. Many of us are thinking that he's hinting at the presence of the Inklings, who fit well into the given criteria.

And if the Inklings do get confirmed, it'll be a point for King K. Rool either way, since it proves that Mii Costumes do not equal a total deconfirmation, and also removes a potential threat to K. Rool's Ballot running.
Hell, it probably is Inkling if it holds true.

Top Bottom