• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm not sure if you guys talked about this but people were saying that the private video on Nintendo's smash playlist said "Set Sail For A Fight!", sounds like our kaptain could end up in and with Stealth's hints it is looking good for K. Rool
It came up a couple of pages ago. It's fake.

The video is just an old Smash 3DS trailer that was accidentally set that way.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If he's "rather looking forward to" the newcomer and these are his votes, that would seemingly narrow it down to one of K. Rool, Isaac or Inkling.

And now he's refusing to give away the gender, as if that would be too incriminating. Inklings, perhaps?
Well, Inklings have no canon gender, so if he said it's a male, it would mean nothing.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
If he's "rather looking forward to" the newcomer and these are his votes, that would seemingly narrow it down to one of K. Rool, Isaac or Inkling.

And now he's refusing to give away the gender, as if that would be too incriminating. Inklings, perhaps?
Also, from what I remember, one of RogersBase's most wanted characters is Inkling, which would explain why he seems so excited about what he knows.

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Would've happened eventually... person, doesn't think they are the ballot winner....

Sounds like Inkling to me. Lame, if so.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
You all want news?

I don't know how credible it is, but there's this guy on Twitter, "___Stealth," who's a self-proclaimed Video Game Enthusiast...he claims to have a friend in-the-know who has told him who the next character is and that it will be released "in the next week or so," elaborated as "VERY soon."

He tweeted a bunch, giving clues that "It's a Nintendo character" that he thinks is "a big deal" and that isn't "a clone or a disappointment." He also said "He doesn't think this character won the ballot," but that "It's the character who makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons." Lastly, he had a tweet that he later deleted, saying "If it were Wolf or Shovel Knight or Shantae, I'd have hung myself by now," indicating it's not one of those three.

What he says about how big a deal the character is or how much sense it makes is clearly subjective, but K. Rool checks all those boxes. I think if we're going to see him, he's going to be one of, if not the first character shown. The only worry is that, because it's ostensibly not someone who won the ballot, it's not K. Rool, but someone who will set a less-than-ideal trajectory for how receptive Sakurai was to fan requests. Someone who will validate those theories that "the ballot doesn't matter and it's just an excuse for the team to release the characters they already wanted to make anyway."
I can confirm Stealth is a credible person via his rep on Neogaf

Has Stealth been involved in any sort of major rumor or leak? just curious.
Around last March, I recall Stealth made this post.

https://twitter.com/stealth___/status/577939287989092352

I distinctly remember Stealth being mentioned as trustworthy on Neogaf at the time when the post when made. Everyone started to speculate what he meant by the tweet. 5 days later, it turns out there was an actual private event in Seattle, and lots of Splatoon media followed, as you can see:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1015843
He knew a lot of Splatoon stuff from the event, and gave the time when the NDA ended. He DOES for a fact have connections to Nintendo, and I would believe his word.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I had a dream where Dixie came first in the ballot, followed by Cranky, followed by K. Rool. They released in a bundle with a stage that had a giant version of the Kremling with the goofy run that would go back in forth in the first snow level in DKC 3 as a stage hazard. I was a little mad when I woke up.
Holy crud! THIS is what the DK series needs for representation! If they did this, I'd be completely satisfied with the DK series from there on out! While I'd LOVE to see Funky, I don't see him as too likely, but I'll be hype all the same if he was a part of this "dream" bundle of yours!

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Just because K. Rool may possibly be involved in a potential leak doesn't mean it makes me think "I should believe this rumor" even though I'd love to believe it... rumors like this are good to create the illusion of hype for a brief moment, but that's about it.
Has Stealth been involved in any sort of major rumor or leak? just curious.
Relevant question I'd like to see being answered. I'm not going to blindly believe this rumor anyway, but this guy having an actually good track record may actually raise my hopes.
Edit yeah, missed senseless' answer :p

Also apparently there's no Sakurai interview in the new Famitsu issue... I'm kind of disappointed because I actually expected some mention of the ballot in a Sakurai interview, but oh well. Hope we hear about something soon, regardless of if it's a mention of the ballot being used to choose the future DLC characters or an actual character reveal.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Would've happened eventually... person, doesn't think they are the ballot winner....

Sounds like Inkling to me. Lame, if so.
Just for the sake of making a point here, let's assume for a second that this is true, and that they're not a ballot winner and would've been added eventually, and that they are the Inklings...

Isn't that kind of a good thing, since it instantaneously kills the claims that Mii outfits of characters not yet in the game deconfirm them?

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
If it's Inklings I'll jump up and down and squeal with excitement. Then I'll go back and be disappointed if it wasn't King K Rool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So was Spainkiller and he wound up being a total liar. :p
Stealth was right in the past though. He actually got invited to private Nintendo events in the past. If you are curious, please run his name by on Neogaf and Im sure people will vouch for him there! (My account got banned there :/, but I'm confident when I say I vouch for him, unless he did something recent that threw away his credibility)

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Huh, this seems interesting. With the Octoling data in Splatoon apparently pointing to a October 14th Direct, and this new somewhat credible leak being added to the mix, the stars may be aligning to the end of this criminally long Nintendo news drought. Although he's being a little vague (Which ether means hes lying and playing it safe, or he actually knows something and is smart enough to know that if he spills the beans the Nintendo Ninjas will have his head on a silver platter), he does have credibility and I'll keep a bloodshot eye on him since this potentially is pointing to a long awaited character announcement.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
What other character could he be talking about besides our beloved King, I wonder? Anyone have any ideas? "A big deal" character.... that "is not a shocking addition"...hmm..

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just for the sake of making a point here, let's assume for a second that this is true, and that they're not a ballot winner and would've been added eventually, and that they are the Inklings...

Isn't that kind of a good thing, since it instantaneously kills the claims that Mii outfits of characters not yet in the game deconfirm them?
Let's be honest, the people claiming K. Rool's disconfirmed because of his costume would parrot the claim even if Inklings got in. "Duh they got in, their costumes weren't 100% from the ballot and they're muhrelevant characters! K. Rool still has no chance, deluded ones."

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
So I just saw stealth's tweets, and to conclude from what he said, I'm almost sure he's speaking about K. Rool or... someone ... idek who would "make a lot of sense for a lot of reasons." K. Rool is the only off-the-top nintendo character I could see them adding. Assuming stealth is legitimite

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Let's be honest, the people claiming K. Rool's disconfirmed because of his costume would parrot the claim even if Inklings got in. "Duh they got in, their costumes weren't 100% from the ballot and they're muhrelevant characters! K. Rool still has no chance, deluded ones."
Indeed, indeed. Pardon me, I do have this bad habit of trying to ascribe logic to the illogical with things like this. :laugh:

Last edited:
Stealth has gotten things right in the past. Very interesting! I guess we'll be getting a Nintendo Direct sometime within the next two weeks. He claims it's someone who he thought would get in regardless of the ballot so maybe it is the Inklings.

I do hope it's K.Rool though....

I've called out every other "leak" so far, except the ESRB one because it was real, I'll go with my instinct and say Stealth is full of Brawl Ganondorf.
Stealth is definitely not full of Brawl Ganondorf. He has been right before.

He get's invited to Nintendo for things like this, RogerBase apparently got invited too.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Just posting an example for reference.

https://twitter.com/stealth___/status/577939287989092352

Stealth posted on Mar 17th about an upcoming direct following a private Nintendo Splatoon event. We did get a direct on April 1st, and this Splatoon event was real, as Andre from GameXplain did flood us with videos shortly after the event and the NDA expired.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1015843

A lot of people are saying hes a troll on gamefaqs.....regardless if he is, he does have credibility on twitter and neogaf and has been right in the past, so I wouldn't brush him off.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm so desperate to hear something, but I'm taking a 'doubtful' stance on these rumors. I don't care how credible someone is, unless I hear it from Sakurai, I won't believe it fully.

It's also important to note that he's making some pretty vague-yet-obvious statements that are easy to shoehorn into a possible reveal, assuming the stars align with the supposed direct.

But I really think this does sound a lot like Ridley, so I'm completely OK with it in that case.

Besides, the only leaks I've seen come true were the ones that scared me in a "Nintendo wouldn't be that oblivious to their fans, right?" way like the ESRB leak.

I think our King has done well enough in the ballot, so now it's just a matter of time to see if Nintendo Sakurai agrees with a large portion of the fanbase. Although I really can see him holding K.Rool to the end to go out with a bang.

PS: what happened to our strikethrough button? I had to look up the bbcode for that...

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
With the 1.1.2 patch coming out very soon and the new rumor of a character coming in the next two weeks, do you folks think that one of the Mario slots would be renamed for the upcoming character? It makes sense for that to happen now than have another update for when the character comes out.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
With the 1.1.2 patch coming out very soon and the new rumor of a character coming in the next two weeks, do you folks think that one of the Mario slots would be renamed for the upcoming character? It makes sense for that to happen now than have another update for when the character comes out.
They might have gotten smart for that, since the last leak ruined their surprise (but not the sales). But if it's a big update, there may be some legacy data...?

Exegguter

Smash Lord
No but seriously you guys why is this even worth a discussion?? It's the same thing as a Nintendo smashproducer tweeting ''I KNOW WHICH CHARACTER WON THE BALLOT BUT I AINT GONE TELL CUZ I LOVE MY JOB AND NINTENDO WILL SUE ME LOLOLOL''.

I'm not questioning whether this person knows something or not. But what's the ****ing point?? XD

Zard lover Doom Desire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
N1ntendogam1ng
Well it's more than a bug fix if this new update indeed does kill our replays, so it's very likely we'll be getting a new fighter. Maybe they will free Wolf with it.

Zard lover Doom Desire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
N1ntendogam1ng
No but seriously you guys why is this even worth a discussion?? It's the same thing as a Nintendo smashproducer tweeting ''I KNOW WHICH CHARACTER WON THE BALLOT BUT I AINT GONE TELL CUZ I LOVE MY JOB AND NINTENDO WILL SUE ME LOLOLOL''.

I'm not questioning whether this person knows something or not. But what's the ****ing point?? XD
Attention whoring.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

As I've stated above, he was right in the past by his claims.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well it's more than a bug fix if this new update indeed does kill our replays, so it's very likely we'll be getting a new fighter. Maybe they will free Wolf with it.
It could be just a bugfix. If someone made a replay with Diddy being ungrabbable, the bugfix would break that replay since he would be grabbable then. I don't think the computer will filter out only replays with character X, so they all go.

Handy Man

Smash Ace

Because it gives us something to talk about?

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I like saying Kuh-Rool cause it's pretty catchy and fun to say. But I concede that Kay-Rool is the correct pronunciation.

Top Bottom