• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
But that's the thing though "hype" varies from person to person. Inklings would be hype for a lot of people (myself included) but not hype to a lot of people as well. You can't please everyone and tbh the leak is so generic and the only thing it REALLY tells us is that it isn't a 3rd party character (thank god no Shovel Knight or Shantae for now...) or a vet (also thank god but still salty no Wolf). The other two points in that the character would eventually come to Smash and is hype inducing could be applied to ANY Nintendo character honestly..seriously I can make a list

-Inklings
-King K.Rool
-Dixie Kong
-Bandana Dee
-Krystal
-Captain Toad
-Paper Mario
-Medusa
-Ridley
-Issac
-Cranky Kong

Seriously all of these characters would generate hype for certain people and they all have decent sized fanbases (well maybe not Cranky and Medusa) but the point still remainsnwe don't know the official ballot results so it's hard to know if a character "probably didn't win the ballot" but all we have are fan polls and while they do a pretty decent job at evaluating what the community is asking for only Nintendo/Sakurai know who's really at the top, So if Rogersbase/other two guys wanted to say something they could've gave us a stronger hint than just "they're hype inducing"

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I haven't see so many guest since E3 or/and the Ridley thread.....What the hell is going on?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's obvious, everyone who can't make an account wants in on the thread.
Still, why there is so many guest right now? Expected the rumor, there isn't like a true leak of King.K.Rool that have apparear on the web. People have too much free time sometime.:4drmario:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I would love to think that, hope half of these guests are Nintendo developers, that'd be cool.
Considering that we are the Smash Boards support thread for King K. Rool, it would make sense that anybody who wants the latest on the Krooked King's news would come to us. Others might just be here to see how everything plays out.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I still need a answer

Whats the rumor?

(And im not talking about the one with one correct thing the stage. Ps it said it was the last returning stage so any other old one and thats fake.)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The number went up by around 30 last time I was here...

Unless some random insider told another K Rool's in the game and the rumor... nah, it's probably just a coincidence.

EDIT: It's a miracle, the number went down! Also, I misspelled "coincidence"

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Still, why there is so many guest right now? Expected the rumor, there isn't like a true leak of King.K.Rool that have apparear on the web. People have too much free time sometime.:4drmario:
Someone on the Smashbros subreddit made a link to BKupa's post. Hence.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Someone on the Smashbros subreddit made a link to BKupa's post. Hence.
Reddit people are exciting for nothing so. I swear, those rumor are like making all worse. I hope that official new will come soon for end all those rumor.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Alright, so back to King K. Rool discussion.

What if there was a trailer for a new Donkey Kong game where our croc king was back from a vacation to retake the island. Along the way, it is revealed he was responsible for both the Tiki's and Snowmads (what are these things called again? It's been a while since I played Tropical Freeze.) and has both remnants under his rule, along with every kremling. First order of business? Steal DK's banana hoard. *Cue gameplay and title reveal

Immediately after, it will say, and that's not all before playing King K. Rool's Smash trailer.

What do y'all think?

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
bowser has scales and so does king k.rool the crocodile wow alot of guests and users are here i guess they wanna find out if the Real King K.Rool will be coming soon due to those rumors spreading everywhere i see

Morbi

Scavenger

What if there was a trailer for a new Donkey Kong game where our croc king was back from a vacation to retake the island. Along the way, it is revealed he was responsible for both the Tiki's and Snowmads (what are these things called again? It's been a while since I played Tropical Freeze.) and has both remnants under his rule, along with every kremling. First order of business? Steal DK's banana hoard. *Cue gameplay and title reveal

Immediately after, it will say, and that's not all before playing King K. Rool's Smash trailer.

What do y'all think?
The general idea is appealing; however, two different trailers with the same focal point would seem completely redundant to most that are not already die-hard King K. Rool fans. If they were going to announce something in regard to both Donkey Kong and Smash, I feel as though they could come up with a more cohesive concept.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm wondering if everyone is here to read BKupa's summary of the events? :p That's the only notable thing that has happened here...

:231:

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
But that's the thing though "hype" varies from person to person. Inklings would be hype for a lot of people (myself included) but not hype to a lot of people as well. You can't please everyone and tbh the leak is so generic and the only thing it REALLY tells us is that it isn't a 3rd party character (thank god no Shovel Knight or Shantae for now...) or a vet (also thank god but still salty no Wolf). The other two points in that the character would eventually come to Smash and is hype inducing could be applied to ANY Nintendo character honestly..seriously I can make a list

-Inklings
-King K.Rool
-Dixie Kong
-Bandana Dee
-Krystal
-Captain Toad
-Paper Mario
-Medusa
-Ridley
-Issac
-Cranky Kong

Seriously all of these characters would generate hype for certain people and they all have decent sized fanbases (well maybe not Cranky and Medusa) but the point still remainsnwe don't know the official ballot results so it's hard to know if a character "probably didn't win the ballot" but all we have are fan polls and while they do a pretty decent job at evaluating what the community is asking for only Nintendo/Sakurai know who's really at the top, So if Rogersbase/other two guys wanted to say something they could've gave us a stronger hint than just "they're hype inducing"
I'd change Medusa for Chibi Robo.

D

Deleted member

Man I can't believe there are some people out there who don't want King K Rool in smash 4 and What really annoyed me is that they don't bring up any reason why they don't want him in smash 4.

Morbi

Scavenger
Man I can't believe there are some people out there who don't want King K Rool in smash 4 and What really annoyed me is that they don't bring up any reason why they don't want him in smash 4.
The only reason that I would not want King K. Rool in Smash is if they went with the more recent design. I prefer the Rare design or perhaps something specific to Smash crafted by Sakurai himself.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Yikes, look at all these guests...

On the subject of Donkey Kong 64 that turned up a few pages back, it's definitely one of my favourite games (playing through now actually on the Wii U VC). I'm not sure if it's genuinely underrated or if it was just one of those games that didn't appeal to many due to its collect-a-thon nature. We saw a pretty brutal side to King K. Rool in this game as well, which I found interesting. The game also possessed a decent amount of that old Rare humour in the cut-scenes, and I enjoyed the versatility among the Kongs.

I'd like to thank BKupa666 BKupa666 for the clarification as well. I'm going to bump his post for those who still don't know what the rumour is.
Considering everything has been thrown into a tizzy of misinformation by the usual potpourri of crazies and skeptics, I figured I'd throw together a simple fact sheet to help clear up confusion in this thread.

What Happened:

--Roger tweeted first, late on Oct. 5, that he received "exciting Nintendo news." He later elaborated that the news was "an 8-9 on a hype scale," "would be coming in the next two weeks," and "we'd know when we see it." He does not mention Smash, but never says it is not Smash-related.

--Stealth tweets later the next morning, saying he knows the next Smash character, that it's coming "soon," clarified as "next two weeks" as well. He says this is a Nintendo newcomer that he doesn't think "won the ballot," but is "the character who makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons." He elaborates that this character is "a big deal," is not "a clone or a disappointment" or "shocking." He refuses to comment on the character's gender.

--Stealth made tweets saying "If the character were Shantae, Shovel Knight or Wolf, I'd have hung myself by now," as well as that "the character would have eventually made it into Smash." He later deleted both comments.

--The same afternoon, TheRealZef comments that "Smash is about to make social media go insane" and to "get hype because everyone's about to be happy." He comments that "he hopes it doesn't leak so people can go insane," and that "Stealth isn't the only one who knows about this." He says that "he doesn't think this character won the ballot," but rather than because of the character's identity, he says it's because "otherwise they wouldn't be ready just two weeks after it closed."

--Before clamming up, Zef clarifies that "he doesn't think it can leak unless the person with the info decides to spill" and that all he can say on the matter is "connections with connections." Of note, another guy, Aversy_Tweets, says "he knows and knows Roger knows," but is confident the latter will keep quiet.

--Later still, Roger gets exasperated with fanatics harassing him on Twitter just because of him saying "Cool Nintendo news in two or so weeks," saying "It's cool news, mind you, but the hype drought has made people crazy."

--He makes a facetious post saying "OMG ROGER KNOWS ALL BALLOT WINNERS AND ISN'T TELLING," saying that if he did, that would be a 10/10 for hype. In the process, he favorites a bunch of stuff from Stealth and Zef, who are also laughing at the fan overreaction online.

--All the while, head Smashboards mod Warchamp is making posts to Roger and Stealth, making fun of the fanatics. His jokes are mostly Inkling-related..."HE SAID DROUGHT, DROUGHT = NO WATER, WATER = INKLINGS!"

The Participants:

--Roger worked at Nintendo years ago and runs the Japan Time podcast. He has had his roots in the gaming industry for a long time now, and has undoubtedly made a handful of connections along the way. I've only seen a few of his videos, but Roger is a big fan of Lanky Kong (passively supports "DK Rep" getting in the game), and people have been saying he's a big Inklings fan too (which I haven't heard a source for, but can buy).

--Stealth is a "Video Game Enthusiast" who has made legitimate statements before, about occurrences at a private Splatoon event he got to attend with other big game media names. I don't have the source in front of me, but apparently he spilled that there would be a surprise Nintendo Direct early last April, which there was despite no expectation of one. He has trolled GameFAQs before under the name of RPGrinder, and has posted on Twitter that he voted for "K. Rool, Inklings, Isaac, Malo and Andy."

--I have no idea who this Zef guy is. He has tweeted that "he has never trolled about Smash before if it makes people feel better," but has no credibility to his name that I know of. No idea who he supports

--No idea about this Averys_Tweets guy.

--Warchamp was one of the first people to have access to the ESRB leaked videos before they went viral.

The Bull****:

--LOL ROGER SED IT WUZNT BOUT SMASH: False. He said nothing one way or the other, other than that "the news wasn't Skull Kid getting revealed for HW." Gullible people fell into the trap of Poe's Law in reading his tweet about the Smash fanatics who expect him to be omnipotent where the Smash ballot is concerned.

--LOL STEALTH PIGGIE BAKKED ROGER AND IZ JUST A RANDO TROLL: It is true that Stealth's tweets came after Roger's initial ones about having 8-9 hype-scale news. However, not only were Roger's tweets not some big thing to piggyback off of at the time (this only really blew up after I posted about it in here), but Roger and Stealth seem to be on friendly terms, openly talking about Japan Time and TV Shows on the social network, as well as favoriting each other's stuff. Whether you question his credibility, Stealth is not just some random guy.

--LOL STEALTH HATES K. ROOL SO NO CHANCE IS THIS HIM: False. Stealth said he voted for K. Rool, has defended his costume on GameFAQs and has said that "K. Rool and Isaac are needed to save Smash DLC."

Other Stuff:

--I don't know whether he's trolling here or has changed his opinion since then, but in a thread asking if a list of 5 characters including K. Rool were Top 5 Most Wanted, he said no to all except Isaac. If he's serious, then K. Rool isn't ruled out in his mind by the "this character probably didn't win." None of the tweets I've found from him thus far clarify whether he feels K. Rool is a character who would "eventually get into Smash."

--Warchamp's joking about the Inklings makes me think...if he and all these guys have legitimate info and he's just casually throwing that name around, it's not them. If he were doing this and Inklings was the character, the Nintendo Ninjas would be on him like white on rice.

Will add onto this later if more stuff comes up. I think it's pretty comprehensive as it stands, and I hope it gives people the clarity they need to not run around making s*** up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only reason that I would not want King K. Rool in Smash is if they went with the more recent design. I prefer the Rare design or perhaps something specific to Smash crafted by Sakurai himself.
Really? because I really love King K Rool modern design the only problem I have with it that has pink eye isn't big enough like his classic design pink eye.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It's likley because they never played a DKC game ever (one of them on twitter even admitted this "No I've never played a Donkey Kong Country game and never will!"), have played a DKC game but never made it to K. Rool because "Oh my god it's too hard" and make dumb excuses about it such as (as this one guy on miiverse went) "The Donkey Kong games are overrated because they lack supplemence, therefore I can't finish it not because it's hard but because it sucks".(I got another warning from the miiverse administrators for simply saying that he just sucks at the game before telling him why fans really love the series so much, which once again I find bull which technically he was being hateful first for starting an arguement in the first place) Yeah, like Mario and Zelda don't lack that either, we play them because they're fun and we actually understand them. Either those or as most have pointed out, they're simply jealous because they don't want K. Rool because he has more support than any of their obscure or who the heck are you generic anime characters.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Just here to clarify, y'all getting so many guests here because a guy linked to this thread on the Super Smash subreddit.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I feel like we should post a "One of Us" to all these Reddit People, just to welcome 'em in.
Welcome aboard, Reddit! :4pacman:
Just don't drink the water. :drshrug:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

What do y'all think?
I can't see one trailer to do both. I could see both in the same Direct, but not one trailer to do both.

Top Bottom