• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
I would wonder what Sakurai's smoking since he said months ago that it's not happening. I'm aware Sakurai changes his mind quite a bit but so soon? :estatic:
He did say all the characters after Roy Ryu and Lucas are going to be fanservice.

You really never know with Sakurai.

Also, does anyone else feel so satisfied when one of those character DLC discussion threads gets deleted, and the character is moved into the character's section?

I've seen it happen with Shulk, Mewtwo and Roy. Even though I only wanted Mewtwo It was a great sight

I feel like my profile picture is very relevant right now.

Last edited:

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
So it's a confirmed 1st party character to come in within 2 weeks. that means its a Nintendo charterer that can blow people's minds at its announcement. Now knowing Nintendo's history with putting in characters, there is usually some type of media event that follows soon after. Does anyone know any Nintendo-related events that are happening within 2 weeks?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Whoa, so that blew up.

Anyhow, my thoughts are that this is a case of "where there's smoke, there's fire." If it were just Stealth spouting off, I'd not put any stock in it, but when there's 5 or so people, most of whom are credible, saying similar things, I think it's legit. It's undoubtedly vague for sure, beyond just "a hype, logical Nintendo newcomer is coming in the next two weeks." The value in this is learning who's NOT coming next...if you asked people beforehand, so many would guess Shovel Knight and Wolf. Those aren't options, if this is real. Now, we actually have to think about who's coming instead of just meandering along, following Tamaki's lead.

Anyhow, a few more tidbits based on stalking RPGrinder on FAQs. Can't include links because I'm on mobile at the moment, but you can find these posts by Googling "RPGrinder K. Rool."

--He has flopped between calling K. Rool a popular character who is leading by far and one who's not in the top 5 most wanted. A lot of what he says on there is casual and trolly, so it's tough to put much stock in it. Still no "he hates K. Rool" fodder though.

--He has been pretty vicious where Dixie is concerned, saying she's not popular at all, saying K. Rool is the DK character people want, and arguing with people who use fan polls to argue "they're both popular." I was initially thinking this character could be her, but after that, I think he'd put her in the "disappointment" pile.

Currently thinking it's 60:40 Inklings-K. Rool. They both match all the criteria to varying degrees, with Inklings maybe not being the next character due to how casually the name is being thrown out as a joke by people in-the-know. That being said, this coincides perfectly with a big dump of Splatoon stuff, Inklings seem more likely to be pre-ballot than K. Rool, and the latter seems more likely to be considered a "probable winner." It's nothing set in stone at all, though.

Last edited:

Bowbow

Banned via Warnings
You guys can't tell me to get out :O
Im here since the 500th page...I had to make a new accout cause I kinda forgot everything...log in stuff...
But I just don't see it happening...EVER(I was always a K Rool Supporter, the moment when the Ballot was announced I voted for the King)
I mean I absolutely HATE the Inklings, Isaac and Shantae but it just seems that these are much more popular. I already know that Sakurai will NOT put any characters in Smash that he does not like. I think I read somewhere that this is the reason why Waluigi still isn't playable. So don't hate me...Im always here for the King...I mean he's the first final boss I ever fought against but I just feel like that he's gone forever and Nintendo won't change that.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That could just be because of the update dropping next week for Splatoon, though. It doesn't necessarily mean Inklings in Smash.
Yeah, I know. Just making a note because at least for the moment, it generally seems to be thought that, if this rumour has any truth to it, that it involves the Inklings. :laugh:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I know. Just making a note because at least for the moment, it generally seems to be thought that, if this rumour has any truth to it, that it involves the Inklings. :laugh:
Personally, I think the character is probably K. Rool. I can see a Splatoon stage and I can see them promoting Splatoon in Smash somewhat, but I don't think Inklings will get added to Smash as DLC. I really don't.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Would they set the score for youngest characters in Smash? It's crazy that they released 5 months ago and they already have one of the highest chances of being in Smash.

I would take that Splatfest delay with a grain of salt though.

StormC

Smash Hero
Why so many readers? Are they all assuming this baseless leak is K. Rool too?

We must really be starved for Smash news.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why so many readers? Are they all assuming this baseless leak is K. Rool too?

We must really be starved for Smash news.
This reminds me of the time our viewcount skyrocketed like two years ago, for no discernible reason. Something must be in the water...

Or they know something we don't...

but I don't think Inklings will get added to Smash as DLC. I really don't.
I don't know....Splatoon is pretty huge. Apparently it's outselling Mario Kart 8 in Japan. Of course they could be saving them for Smash 5 but like GameXplain said, wouldn't Nintendo want to capitalize on the popularity of Splatoon right now instead of waiting 5 or more years for another Smash Bros?

At the end of the day, I would much prefer this character to be K.Rool but the comment about this character getting in regardless of the ballot has me thinking it may be the Inklings.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
In my personal opinion if this info is in fact legit which seems plausible, there's choice things you'd have to choose carefully to say to not give the character away.

If they said hype level 10 the character Nintendo will reveal easily won the ballot! I think we'd pretty much dead lock it to K. Rool and someone spoiled it for everyone. Saying things like " this character probably didn't win the ballot" and "hype level 8/9" keeps it vague enough so that way we can't pin point it exactly. Plus with all the work the Kremling Kampaign has accomplished and the large amounts of votes K. Rool has gotten whether he be number 1 or not, I think it's fair to say that he'd have been up into Smash eventually especially when you consider his Brawl popularity plus his pre development of Smash 4 popularity.

I personally feel it's K. Rool that will be revealed. I also agree with BKupa666 BKupa666 with the idea that I these people are in the know Inklings would be foolish to throw around as a joke if it was really them. Because then parties have outed themselves in a way.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Am I really the only one around here starving for a new Zelda character?

We didn't get a new character since Melee. Even then 2 characters out of he 5 are clones.

I would love to see Demise join in and be the fighter Ganondorf was supposed to be. Or Impa. Hell, I'd even go for Fi, JUST GIVE ME SOMETHING SAKURAI.

D

Deleted member

We are getting invaded by Reddit goddamnit. IT'S A K.ONSPIRACY. HIDE YOUR KRUSHAS AND KRITTERS 'CAUSE REDDIT IS COMING FOR THEM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Getting both King K. Rool and the Inklings in smash would be a major hypegasm for me. :)
Same, unfortunately, I believe it is going to be one of those either/or situations. According to the data mines, there are three character slots, correct? I am fairly certain that we will get a third-party character, and a veteran. So I suppose, if Snake is our choice, there is more than enough room for both King K. Rool and Inklings. In addition to that, they could always add more characters too. For the time being though, I am not holding my breath for both of them.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
In my personal opinion if this info is in fact legit which seems plausible, there's choice things you'd have to choose carefully to say to not give the character away.

If they said hype level 10 the character Nintendo will reveal easily won the ballot! I think we'd pretty much dead lock it to K. Rool and someone spoiled it for everyone. Saying things like " this character probably didn't win the ballot" and "hype level 8/9" keeps it vague enough so that way we can't pin point it exactly. Plus with all the work the Kremling Kampaign has accomplished and the large amounts of votes K. Rool has gotten whether he be number 1 or not, I think it's fair to say that he'd have been up into Smash eventually especially when you consider his Brawl popularity plus his pre development of Smash 4 popularity.

I personally feel it's K. Rool that will be revealed. I also agree with BKupa666 BKupa666 with the idea that I these people are in the know Inklings would be foolish to throw around as a joke if it was really them. Because then parties have outed themselves in a way.
Agree, agree, and agree. Well summarized!

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about it last night before bed, I'm thinking this character is either the Inkling, or Chibi-Robo. But if this character is predictable and a first party choice, and going by the dumb guidelines Sakurai laid out, it's gotta be the Inkling. Who else could it be?

Morbi

Scavenger
Thinking about it last night before bed, I'm thinking this character is either the Inkling, or Chibi-Robo. But if this character is predictable and a first party choice, and going by the dumb guidelines Sakurai laid out, it's gotta be the Inkling. Who else could it be?
It could quite easily be King K. Rool as well. Believe it or not.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
One to two weeks?

I'll see you guys in fourteen days. Time to go underground to avoid spoilers.

D

Deleted member

I wanna see some K Rool and Petey Piranha action!

.....Really? Why did you had to say this?...... just.......

Forget it, i need to go to forget what i read.

Last edited by a moderator:

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't see how Inklings can possibly fall into the category of "hype scale of 8-9".

If he was talking about the general smash community's reaction to the character, I don't see how that would be described as a 8-9. Sure, Inklings name has been brought up before but never in the capacity of "super hype". I feel like the community would be very split on them, and wouldn't totally approve considering they won in over literally every other Nintendo character that exists.

If he was talking about the Nintendo fan base as a whole, I think it becomes even less likely that it can be rated so high. I feel like a prerequisite to being hyped about Inklings is owning Splatoon. Something a large majority of Nintendo fans aren't involved in. Lots of "regular people" reactions to inkling would be "who is that".

If he was talking about his personal rating of the character, then maybe it can be Inklings. However, the way he describes it makes it sound like we would all rate it at a 8-9.

Sorry if I am coming off as anti-Inkling. I was more trying to represent that Inklings aren't a 8-9 on the hype scale for a lot of people.

The only characters I think can fit the parameters of this leak are Isaac and maybe K. Rool.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I would just like to remind everyone that, at least according to what I've researched, Stealth is a fairly well-known GameFAQs troll. Not the most reliable source in the world.

If evidence has proven otherwise, by all means, correct me.

Last edited:

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
oh i believe the Real King K.Rool will make it in Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS cause these four stages can kinda be based on him thats in the game
1.fire emblem castle stage(Baron K.Roolenstein)
2.Halberl(the flying krock can act like meta knight's ship)Kaptain K.Rool
3.pirate ship stage-King K.Rool(only if his own stage doesn't come)
4.the smash bros Boxing Ring(King Krusha K.Rool)
there ya go

Zard lover Doom Desire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
N1ntendogam1ng
But we're kutthroats! EDIT: Also it doesn't matter, the votes are in and yes I know it's "not a matter of who gets the most votes" but, eh...

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
oh i believe the Real King K.Rool will make it in Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS cause these four stages can kinda be based on him thats in the game
1.fire emblem castle stage(Baron K.Roolenstein)
2.Halberl(the flying krock can act like meta knight's ship)Kaptain K.Rool
3.pirate ship stage-King K.Rool(only if his own stage doesn't come)
4.the smash bros Boxing Ring(King Krusha K.Rool)
there ya go
If King K. Rool got in the game, I would want him to have his own stage, to be completely honest with you. That being said, at least he has some good stages for his reveal trailer. :troll:

Zard lover Doom Desire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
N1ntendogam1ng
What if the Blunderbuss is K. Rool's forward air and acts like a stronger version of Villager's? 2hot (oh cool I'm a Smash Apprentice now)

Last edited:
Top Bottom