• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 25, 2014] Kumite in Tennessee 2014 - Melee/Project M - Jan 24-26 (Murfreesboro, TN)

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
how many people have signed up for Melee/Project M so far?
33 in PM and 32 in Melee so far !

Any time you have online registration the number jumps right before it closes and then jumps again at the door for the last minute planners. We are on track to get over 50 no doubt and I wouldn't be surprised to get up to 70.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Only 8 people get out of pools? I'm hoping that means four large pools. Not going to brackets because you lost a best out of 3 set to the player who went on to win the tournament would kind of suck.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Only 8 people get out of pools? I'm hoping that means four large pools. Not going to brackets because you lost a best out of 3 set to the player who went on to win the tournament would kind of suck.
There will be 4 pools for both Melee and PM on Saturday. 2 players from each pool (winner and loser side of the bracket) advance to top 8 to be played on Sunday.

Think of your pool on Saturday like a mini-tournament.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
4 pools works fine. That lets the tournament theoretically identify the best and second best player at the tournament without dependency on seeding.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Just a little bit longer to go before registration closes!

Special milestone reached for both games! We have hit 50 registrants in both Melee and PM - this means each registrant from here on out will increase the payout!

Check out the plaques that will be given out to each game at KiT for first, second, and third places (Melee pictured, but there is one for all of them)

j00t

Smash Champion
Wellp I kinda goofed and forgot to register, any way I can still get into the tourney? :(

j00t

Smash Champion
Definitely can't be there Friday, can I get one of my friends to register for me?

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Comin up from florida for this! Mostly going for tekken, but gonna definitely enter melee and possibly P:M, too. Hope to meet some cool smashers up in TN :)

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
This weekend is going to be great! I can't wait everyone, I def. want to MM you M2K in both PM and Melee and anyone else who calls me out (my tag at this tournament is 2KrunkVillain). Memphis is going hard this weekend!

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
KiT Cast #4 is in the books!

Thank you to everyone who pre registered for KiT and everyone who will be there this weekend! We cannot wait to see you!

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this has been posted but when does registration end? Want to come for melee from ky. Edit: just saw where registration closed. Is there any possible way my group of 3 can still register for melee? We really want to come and but was just a little late on reading about this. My apologies but any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Not to speak for Vandy, but I believe you can pay at the door on friday only (for an increased fee).

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Hello can somebody help me? I wanna go and actually enter the tourney and not just play friendlies. Can this be done still?

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Sorry, I cannot be there KO! Make sure Nite or Slinky make it on the stream at least once so I can cheer them on! Team KOCO after June 6th!

Top Bottom