• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 25, 2014] Kumite in Tennessee 2014 - Melee/Project M - Jan 24-26 (Murfreesboro, TN)

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Today we have an exciting announcement on raffle prizes provided by GamesterGear! Pre-register for KiT 14 to be eligible to win one of 3 different GamesterGear headsets (PC, XBox 360, or PS3) or a GamesterGear Backpack! Check out the details on the headsets here:

PC Headset
PS3 Headset
XBox 360 Headset

We will begin raffles for our pre-registered guests starting in mid December!

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Here is the General Schedule of events for KiT 14. Keep in mind we are an efficient, on-time tournament. Plan your trip accordingly!

Detailed individual pool times and assignments will be released after online registration closes.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Goodness... If anything, I'll only be able to make it for two days. I really want to go for all 3 though. Doubles is something I really want to do. No partner either though, unless my friend comes. Probably isn't very likely for that to happen either though.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Goodness... If anything, I'll only be able to make it for two days. I really want to go for all 3 though. Doubles is something I really want to do. No partner either though, unless my friend comes. Probably isn't very likely for that to happen either though.

Make a friend at the venue and let it rip!

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Well, if things keep going like this past week, I can definitely make it. Things have been going great and I have a great chance now. I just need to practice up with some people. Also, If anyone needs a ride to this, I have a decent sized vehicle. 3 row seating.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Today we are announcing yet another prize you can win by simply pre-registering for KiT 14 online. This is a new PlayStation 3 Street Fighter 4 tournament stick by MadCatz. These popular sticks are becoming harder to find, so here is your chance to own one! We will start the raffles in mid December live on our twitch channel. Preregister now at www.kitrevival.com/register

Merfect

Learn your true self
NNID
Merfectman
I'm just kidding, man. I'd actually love to meet/play with you. I know damn well I'm not gonna win. I'm just coming to see some old friends.
Nonononono, when M2K says that he will show up at your tournament, you don't say "I'm not going to win." You're supposed to shout at the top of your lungs "BRING IT OOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!"

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I wish all coming smashers will put themselves as coming on this thread so we know who to expect. I know that Hungrybox is coming, TheReflexWonder is most likely coming, and Prog is maybe coming.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Online Registration ends at midnight on Friday January 17, 2014 - one week before the tournament. First post updated.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Let's give it up for our guy! Today on www.kitrevival.com

Today we introduce a long time friend of KiT and the godfather of Middle Tennessee Smash, Matthew “KOkingpin” Cronnon.

"I have been into the Smash scene since the V-Games days (2005ish). I have been considered the Godfather of Middle Tennessee Smash where I have been in 2 Different crews: TWIPL (Those Who Inhabit Proximal Locations) and Middle TN Smash. I absolutely love this community and continue to play the game through Project M where I am a backroom member. I am excited and scared at the same time for Smash 4. I have messed around with a lot of other fighting games but nothing has ever caught my interest like Smash Brothers. I host weekly get togethers at my place where we also host other fighting games with my best friend and roommate Milln. Our house is pretty much the go to spot for Middle Tennessee to hang out and practice whatever game you want."

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Game Directors posted here: kitrevival.com/staff

DreamTR
“I am a seasonsed tournament veteran with numerous top 8 finishes in national tournaments for Street Fighter Alpha 2, Alpha 3, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Capcom vs SNK I, 2, Mortal Kombat II, UMK3, and MK4 as well as a top 16 national GameStop Finalist in Street Fighter IV. I have been running Midwest Championships, the longest running yearly touranament in the USA, since 1997. I also ran the national Alpha 3 tournament (Daigo Umehara’s first appearance in the USA) and the national Mortal Kombat (MK9) tournament for PDP. I am currently the owner of Game Galaxy Arcade with three locations across Alabama and Tennessee. The Nashville location is the hub for Middle Tennessee fighting games with a weekly fight night and monthly tournaments.”

KOkingpin
“I have been into the Smash scene since the V-Games days (2005ish). I have been considered the Godfather of Middle Tennessee Smash where I have been in 2 Different crews: TWIPL (Those Who Inhabit Proximal Locations) and Middle TN Smash. I absolutely love this community and continue to play the game through Project M where I am a backroom member. I am excited and scared at the same time for Smash 4. I have messed around with a lot of other fighting games but nothing has ever caught my interest like Smash Brothers. I host weekly get togethers at my place where we also host other fighting games with my best friend and roommate Milln. Our house is pretty much the go to spot for Middle Tennessee to hang out and practice whatever game you want.”

Icege
“My notable tournament placings are 9th at East Coast Championships 10 (T5.0), 9th at VTYME3 (T5.0), 5th at MLG Philly (T5.0), multiple top 16 finishes at Final Round (T4, T5.0, T5DR), and top 16 at ATL Regionals (T5.0). I am a jack of all trades and a master of none when it comes to games, but Tekken is where my heart is. I’m one of the few original Marduk players from his introduction during T4 remaining, as well as the inventor/discoverer of the VTSc technique during the days of T4 (eff you Japan and your ability to make combo videos before me! D:<). I’ve been organizing local tournaments for well over 10 years and have been a part of the Final Round staff for just under 10 years.”

potatosalad
“I have played Marvel vs. Capcom 3 since day 1 though I didn’t started playing competitively until the last few months prior to the launch of Ultimate. I hit the ground running as a competitor once UMvC3 came out and haven’t looked back since. To date, I have won about a dozen tournaments amongst states in the SouthEast (AL, TN, GA, NC, FL). I started up the Alabama Turnbuckle Kings tournament series in Huntsville, AL about a year ago to help spark the local community’s interest in improving their play. The Team MARQ crew came about along the same time as a joke among a small group of friends but is slowly starting to be a recognized group in the FGC. Our primary goal now is to develop and showcase the hidden Marvel talent that lies in the SouthEast to the rest of the world through the various sessions, tournies, salty suites, etc. we host or attend.”

Gweedo
“I recently moved to Tennessee from Florida, where I was an active member of the scene there. I am one of the old guys of the group, married with three kids. I have been into competitive gaming since the Dreamcast and Marvel Vs Capcom. I got into Halo Competing in local events and the early day MLG’s in Halo and Gears of War. I returned to the FGC once I moved from Michigan to Florida. During my time working at EA Sports we played Street Fighter 4 during lunches. Since then I have competed in games such as SSFAE, UMVC3, and Kof XIII with my Main Focus being MK9,Injustice, and TTT2. I have competed at CEO, FR for the last couple years and I help Jebailey, the organizer of the Community Effort Orlando (CEO) tournament, run pools at every monthly and major for the past two years. I also ran a few MK/Injustice tournaments before I left Florida. I hope to start hosting again once I move into a place that has size and allows it.”

Vandy
“Along with Beely Bounedara, I am the main tournament organizer for KiT 14. When it comes to running tournaments I value time and efficiency to ensure players have the best tournament experience possible. While Tekken is my favorite game, Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur are close seconds and I am very excited about the new Killer Instinct. Though in recent years the birth of my 2 children has kept me from traveling as much as I used to, I have been to places from Texas to Virginia to compete in DOA and Soul Calibur – mainly for SC2, SC3, DOA2U, and DOA4 where I competed under my old name, WoTmanX. With new entries into each series since I last compteted I am committed to seeing them grow. I consider myself a caretaker for these sometimes overlooked games at KiT and I am happy to give them the exposure they need.”

Milln
“I’ve been running tournaments and managing MTNG (Middle Tennessee Needs Gaming) for around 5 years now. I’ve always been a competitive gamer and had a knack for it. Over the years I’ve met several people that have been integral to my growth both as a fighting game player and as a tournament host. Guilty Gear has been in my life for as long if not longer and I’ve always had an interest in it. I don’t think I’ve met anyone that ever had anything truly negative to say about Guilty Gear. Everyone loves it. BlazBlue and Persona are the new airdasher games and people have taken to them as well, so where there’s competition, there’ll be events! That’s where I come in. My main focus is to give people a place to play and some structure for growth.”

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice

Today we are thrilled to announce another sponsor of KiT 14: Game Trader of Tennessee. They have graciously donated 2 $50 gift cards to be raffled off to our pre-registered players! We will announce the deadline for our first raffle tomorrow, but in the meantime be sure to visit http://gametradertn.com

Register now at www.kitrevival.com/register

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice

If you have been following Kumite in Tennessee you may have noticed the raffle prizes we are giving back to the players. We will officially do the drawing live on our Twitch channel December 15th at 10 PM following a short tournament show where we will discuss KiT 14 and bring on one or two guests. KiT Cast #1 will be the first of at least three raffle broadcasts we will do leading up to the tournament date. Make sure you are eligible by pre-registering at www.kitrevival.com/register – the deadline for the first drawing is December 13th at midnight.

Dinkerbob

Smash Cadet
Alright, I'll gonna be coming to this, and entering Melee Singles/Doubles, and P:M Singles/Doubles! I've been practicing SO hard to be able to do well! Now I just need to find a partner.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Update on KiT Cast#1: We are moving up the date of the broadcast to this Sunday December 15th at 10 PM CT. This is so we can accommodate two guests we will have on the show with us: KOkingpin and Milln. That's right, we will be coming at you live from the House of Smash! The deadline to be eligible for the raffle has now moved to this Friday at midnight! We will post the names of those eligible for the drawing on Saturday the 14th. If you have not already registered be sure to do so at http://www.kitrevival.com/register

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
Eyy just noticed this
if each player gets a stage knock out at match start, how is first stage selected? striking??

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice

We would like to welcome Smash Studios to the KiT broadcasting team! Based out of Atlanta and run by noted Smasher PB&J, Smash Studios looks to promote the game through their streams. They will be streaming all 3 days of Super Smash Bros at KiT 14! Be sure to check out their work this weekend at Tipped Off 9 in Atlanta, GA at http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Reminder that today is the deadline for being eligible for our first raffle. Thanks to everyone who has already pre-registered! Tomorrow we will post a list with your assigned raffle number. If you would like to have a shot it is not too late. Register now at www.kitrevival.com/register

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
KiT Cast #1 is in the books!

I was happy to discover Milln has a real face!

Highlights of the broadcast:
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate 1st place prize increased to $250 + copy of the game
Street Fighter IV 3v3 event announced
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma announced as Friday event

Winners of the Raffle Drawing:
GamesterGear X360 Headset: Justin Earvin
GamesterGear PS3 Headset: Mike Kaufman III
Justice League Bead Art set: Zane Wagner
$50 Game Trader gift card: Jonathan Buttrey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVXWt5cuFOE

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I bought my ticket btw. I'm 100% confirmed. I need a teammate for both PM and Melee (or else I'm teaming with a computer) on Friday. I'm probably choosing the best available option I have since idk the scene well, also, I'll take a lot of money matches in melee/ProjectM with like ~10 of my characters for each game.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice

Get ready for another KiT Cast right after the new year! Topics of discussion will be Injustice: Gods Among Us, Killer Instinct, and of course we will cap things off with another drawing. This time we will broadcast live from The Score of Cool Springs. The Score is an important sponsor of KiT and has graciously donated a Dreamcast system with Street Fighter Alpha 3 and a $50 gift card to be raffled off! Be sure to visit their website at http://www.thescoreonline.com

Be sure to pre register for KiT at http://www.kitrevival.com/register

Top Bottom