• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 25, 2014] Kumite in Tennessee 2014 - Melee/Project M - Jan 24-26 (Murfreesboro, TN)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I bought my ticket btw. I'm 100% confirmed. I need a teammate for both PM and Melee (or else I'm teaming with a computer) on Friday. I'm probably choosing the best available option I have since idk the scene well, also, I'll take a lot of money matches in melee/ProjectM with like ~10 of my characters for each game.
Does the minimum apply to doubles?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
just so everyone knows If you do not sign up by Friday the 24th then you probably will not be able to enter in any smash event. Pools have to be set up Friday night and that may take some time so it can not be done on saturday.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
just so everyone knows If you do not sign up by Friday the 24th then you probably will not be able to enter in any smash event. Pools have to be set up Friday night and that may take some time so it can not be done on saturday.

Just to reiterate this point, there will be no Saturday signups for main games at all. If you do not pre register online and you wish to play in a main game, you MUST register on Friday the 24th ONLY. This is a KiT policy across all games.

You do not have to be there physically yourself on Friday as long as there is someone there to pay for you.

We are not going to spend any time on Saturday making brackets. By that time everything will be made and every player will know where to go.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
70/20/10 is a pretty rough payout split. I don't see a stagelist either.
Consider me interested tho.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
70/20/10 is a pretty rough payout split. I don't see a stagelist either.
Consider me interested tho.

We do have guaranteed minimums for both Melee and PM of 350 / 100 / 50 for first, second, and third.

PM Stages (from first post):
2. bottom row is neutral stages, strike in 1-2-2-1 to decide which stage to play on for the first round

3. Legal counter-pick stages will be the first page of the stage selection screen (Metal Cavern, Castle Siege, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1, and Skyloft are Banned). Winning player gets four bans.

Melee Stages:
Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ahh okay, it was weird to not see them listed individually.

Yeah I saw the minimum guarantees but that's still rough for 2nd place. Is 70/20/10 just standard in the FGC? It's usually 60/30/10 in the smash scene.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
ahh okay, it was weird to not see them listed individually.

Yeah I saw the minimum guarantees but that's still rough for 2nd place. Is 70/20/10 just standard in the FGC? It's usually 60/30/10 in the smash scene.

70/20/10 is the most common but not universal.

Either way, thanks a lot for your interest and we hope to see you and your crew at KiT 14!

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
I assume he means if he wins The Score of Cool Springs.

Oh, yes that would likely be the case although I am not running that tournament personally or offering the prize. Might be a good idea to ask in the facebook event.

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
Hey I have melee query.
Each player gets one stage ban at set begin right?
so how is the first stage of the set selected?

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
KiT Cast #2 is in the books! Here is the saved broadcast in case you missed it!

Winners of Raffle #2
Green Lantern Statue: Jacob Pitto
KiT Shirt + GamesterGear Bag: Cody Cameron
Sega Dreamcast + SFA3: Coleman Walker
Madcatz SFIV TE Stick: Corey Lee Xavier Meyer
$50 The Score gift card: Sam Spragins

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice

Get ready for another edition of KiT Cast! This time we will be broadcasting live from Game Galaxy Arcade in Antioch, TN on January 14th at 10 PM CT where we will talk about Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, and raffle off another round of great prizes donated by our sponsors. Be sure to tune in and check out www.gamegalaxyarcade.com

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I'm interested in this tournament. I'm a little disappointed by the Calvinball-quality stalling rule though. Can that be made more defined and clear? The Melee rules list no stalling rules aside from a clear, well defined provision for wobbling that has a numerical definition. "Abusing" Mario's wall jump on the other hand is incredibly subjective and it's not at all immediately obvious whether one, two, three... or nineteen walljumps offstage are stalling, or just waiting for the right moment to return to stage. Or perhaps it's 6 if you're from out of state and 10 if you're from Tennessee.

If the beauty pageant judgment of a player with a defensive playstyle is replaced with an actual rule, I'll be a lot more excited about attending.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
its part of the apex ruleset. ill just remove the rule since I cant think of a logical way to enforce this rule. See the issue is you can put a number on wobbling percentages. You can't however put an actual number on most of the situations in PM. Removing the rule is just a more simple solution.

Playing defensive and stalling are two completely different worlds. If you don't know/see the difference then you have an issue.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I am totally down with playing without the rule, I just didn't think I could hope for that much.

Will register this evening when I'm not on a university computer because 1984

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Check out the KiT badge everyone will be wearing! Stylish nametag on the front and exact pool assignments and times on the back. You will know exactly where to be and when. Big thanks to The Score for providing these awesome badges!

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
I bought my ticket btw. I'm 100% confirmed. I need a teammate for both PM and Melee (or else I'm teaming with a computer) on Friday. I'm probably choosing the best available option I have since idk the scene well, also, I'll take a lot of money matches in melee/ProjectM with like ~10 of my characters for each game.
funny thing is, you probably stand a better chance with a cpu than half the teams at the tourny will.

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
Check out the KiT badge everyone will be wearing! Stylish nametag on the front and exact pool assignments and times on the back. You will know exactly where to be and when. Big thanks to The Score for providing these awesome badges!

Hey, if you have Jason's, you should have mine too! Right?
I wanna know my ppoooooll
o plsz

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
I doubt I'll make it to doubles. Given Chels won't be home til 1pm at the earliest and I have to grab KMan from Knoxville, we're gonna have a long day.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
We will be releasing preliminary pools on Monday the 20th for those who have pre registered.

But KO is correct - finalized brackets and pools will not be ready until we process all of the onsite registrants on Friday the 24th.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
KiT Cast #3 is in the books! Here is the saved broadcast in case you missed it!

Winners of Raffle #3
Darkseid Figure: Matthew Simmons
Street Fighter Artbook: Nicolas McCall
GamesterGear Headset: Alexander White

Top Bottom