• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 25, 2014] Kumite in Tennessee 2014 - Melee/Project M - Jan 24-26 (Murfreesboro, TN)

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Hey guys, I'm only a Brawl player, but even so, Project M looks interesting. I was wondering if I would just be able to show up tomorrow just to hang out, perhaps, and just watch the competitors play. Maybe I might even be able to try the game out?
If so, then when does Project M start and finish, or, in other words, when should I drop by, and on what days? (I have school). Or can't I?
Thanks~

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Bad news is that it is 20$ to get a spectator pass at the door on Friday. It would have been cheaper in advance, best I can understand.

Good news is that because of multiple events and the size of the event that you can get tons of friendlies in, and a spectator pass entitles you to friendlies. Melee will be happening in the morning on Saturday, so that's when the PM setups will be open for friendlies (and populated by Brawlish people, heh). Then in the afternoon PM pools will start and you can watch, pools only take 3 hours. Then after that you could play even more PM until the venue closes at like 11 or midnight.

Sunday has even more open play time if I understand correctly, because brackets only takes two hours.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Ah, okay, thank you. I might not be able to make it, but I appreciate the info~

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I enjoyed the stream last night. Loved watching Iori and Chad play teams. I noticed a lot of people complaining about the stream quality on the chat, but it was fine for me. And the wifi is horrible here. Looking forward to singles today!

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Sorry to hear you got caught in a pickle. You might not want your cell phone number on the internet though, maybe you should see if KOKingpin can contact the right people for you or something. You are the kind of figure that could possibly get hate mail/hate calls at some point.

Just a suggestion.

I'm pretty confident you can find some help. I live in Huntsville, AL, so I can't help you unless you want to drive a ton

SmashterLink

Smash Ace
So...I haven't posted on the boards in forever, but this seems like an appropriate time. I just wanna say that I had an amazing time this weekend. To see all the smash guys that I played with all those years ago was awesome. I hope to make more tournaments. A three year absence from tournaments is uncalled for. GGs to everyone.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Vandy, this was a great venue and a great tournament. Outstanding Job. I know this would not have been possible without the time and effort of many passionate people such as yourself and KO.

That said, I wanted to pass along my only real criticism of the event. Since this was a multiple day event, it would've been nice to see pools run as Round-Robin or Swiss style. You get to play more people with something on the line and we definitely weren't time or resource-limited. Any chance we can see this considered for next year?

Top Bottom