• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 25, 2014] Kumite in Tennessee 2014 - Melee/Project M - Jan 24-26 (Murfreesboro, TN)

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Lol, that's a little out of the way. However, I'd be going through Atlanta or Birmingham to get anywhere by Megabus.

Is it closer to Memphis or Knoxville and is there a possibility of getting a ride from the Megabus station? If it's Knoxville, I'd have to bus through Atlanta or drive.
It's closer to Nashville. It'll be roughly 3 hours from Atlanta.

NINJAEDIT: If you Megabus to Atlanta, I could pick you up at the station. The only downside is I'm coming through Friday evening on account of baby.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Our complete schedule has not been finalized, but since a lot of Smash Bros players are pre-registering already (thanks! you guys are awesome) please keep in mind that the Top 4 for both Melee and Project M will be played on Sunday on our main stream.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Here it is, a Justice League piece donated by That 8-bit Guy Bead Art. It measures well over a foot square and features nine classic DC heroes. We will do the raffle for it live in mid December. To be eligible to win it, all you have to do is pre register for KiT before we do the drawing.

Be sure to head over to That 8-Bit Guy Bead Art and put in your order you can pick up or have made at KiT. I know I will!

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
My brother wants to know if spectators are also entered into the raffle.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
My brother wants to know if spectators are also entered into the raffle.
Good question. Only tournament players will be eligible. In fact, we are not going to sell spectator passes online until after the raffle.

That said, be on the lookout for more announcement on raffle prizes. It looks like the Smash community has the best chance of winning (you guys are awesome).

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Another question: will people with a spectator pass be able to play friendlies?

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Another question: will people with a spectator pass be able to play friendlies?

Yes, yes, 100x yes!

Granted it may be more difficult to find casuals on Saturday due to most machines being taken by tournament matches, so be sure to make it on Friday and Sunday. We will also have an open room separate from the tournament rooms for open gaming.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
We will start to announce our Friday events tomorrow at our website if you would like to follow along.

http://www.kitrevival.com

There will be something Smash related!

Did I say top 4 will be on Sunday for both Melee and Project M? Sorry, I meant top 8!

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
If I register for some of the tournments now, can I register for some more down the line?
You can register for additional games on the Friday before the event if we have room in the bracket. If you mean add games online during the pre-registration period, we could work something out where you pay for a game individually.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
I'm interested!

We'd love to have you!

Programming note: Smash Bros will have its own dedicated stream on Saturday (no longer sharing with Persona). This means pools will be streamed in their entirety on Saturday and as mentioned before Sunday will be Top 8 for both Melee and Project M.

Friday Doubles for both games will also be streamed.

3 days of streamed Smash goodness =)

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I wanna make sure I have this right... $10 to come and spectate and play friendlies and whatnot, and $30 for coming to play tournament games with $10 per game participated in?

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
I wanna make sure I have this right... $10 to come and spectate and play friendlies and whatnot, and $30 for coming to play tournament games with $10 per game participated in?
Assuming you pay online, that is correct.

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
I'm just kidding, man. I'd actually love to meet/play with you. I know damn well I'm not gonna win. I'm just coming to see some old friends.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
guess u never want to play anyone good. md/va did that too, when i went to a tournament with 40 people, no one entered anything just because i showed up. That's why bad people will always be bad.

I don't think that will happen. Tennessee has pride in protecting its home turf!

The money is guaranteed no matter how many people enter, so come on out.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
To recap our Friday Events announced over the past few days:

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R (PS3)
Soul Calibur 2 HD (PS3)
Project M Doubles (Wii)
Melee Doubles (Wii)
Tekken Tag 2 3v3 Event (PS3)
Marvel 3v3 Event (Xbox 360)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Tag (Xbox 360)

Each event is $10 per player with a 70/20/10 payout with the exception of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 which will be a free to enter event.
All Friday events we will take the entry fee at the venue.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I really hope people don't give up just because m2k appears. That's no attitude to have.

Top Bottom