• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 24, 2015] Matthews Smashers "Crazy 8" Tournament! (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
YES!!!, Toast and toastly. And its awesome that you are coming back to the scene after 5 years!
Yeah man looking forward to it, I think it'll be bigger this time. I'm bringing around 5 people myself who are new to the tournament thing but should provide some decent games

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
Is Boss really 3rd Nationally on the power rankings? And how does a fresh piece of dough like myself start trying to rank up and etc

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
How does power rankings work? Say I'm new, and I end up winning this tourny (I won't but for the sake of example) are my points automatically put in?

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
What are your names there so I can lookout for you?
Obviously I'm Sour Dough, Buddy will be a ness player named Jeff (SneakyInjun) buddy John whose a dope Megaman (Jern) my Dark Pit/Villager using buddy Sims, Shulk player named Spencer (Shats) and maybe more

T0RN

I'm Torn
Yeah man I went to some tournies early into Brawl, been a long time since then but ready to get more consistent about going to these again
Good for you man, I can understand how things may have slowed down during brawl. Will you be playing any melee, or PM?

Last edited:

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
Good for you man, I can understand how things may have slowed down during brawl. Will you be playing any melee, or PM?
(Yeah Brawl was...hm. ) Ughhhhhhhhh thought about it, It's been like 6 years since I sat down with Melee and the "New" Melee generation is intimidating, it's like a completely different game in ways then when I played but maybe, Zorn (Drew) If you guys know him keeps trying to get me back into Melee but for the moment I'm sticking with Sm4sh, the prospect of a more diverse tournament scene (51 characters and your options aren't confined to like space animals, Puff, Marth, Ice climbers, Captain Falcon or your occasionally ballsy ganondorf to compete) is exciting, and Sm4sh just feels so new and fresh still. But maybe man, I just really enjoy competition so I'm sure I'll pick Melee back up soonish

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
Yeah, I just don't wanna play him, I'm not very good, and I just learned how to perfect pivot.
You never know man, plus getting your ass kicked is part of the process of getting better. I've beaten ranked people in the past, and to be honest I'm extremely un-technical, as in, for example, I had to look up what pivot means and was like "oh I think I do that some times" haha

Top Bottom