• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 24, 2015] Matthews Smashers "Crazy 8" Tournament! (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

Dmil86

Smash Cadet
Smash 4 should begin at 3pm. If everything runs on time ,Smash 4 should run till about 6pm. This is based on our average number of participants, around 30. This could change depending on how many enter.
Thanks!! Well hopefully I can make it to catch the finals happen and maybe catch a few friendlies or money matches.

alyodie

Smash Cadet
Thanks!! Well hopefully I can make it to catch the finals happen and maybe catch a few friendlies or money matches.
No problem! If you want to see how far along the tournament is before you head out here is the link for the brackets. They should be activated by 3:05pm:

Challenge.com/MS4Jan15

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Stock field me and picman we do dubs mm vs you guys in pm. You and kAi that is

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
I'll be there no later than 2:30 p.m.for Smash 4. That should give my friends and I enough time to register, right?

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
Here is the URL extension for the challonge link to the bracket for Smash 4: challonge . com /MS4Jan15

(I can't post links yet, need 10 posts.)

I don't know about Melee or PM though.

alyodie

Smash Cadet
There will be one in February. We will let you know the date as soon as possible!

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
I'll try to go every month. It was a lot of fun last time and I met some really cool people as well.

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
Good games everyone! Tournament was hype, learned a hell of a lot of things (mainly match ups lol) See everybody at the next one.

Kevdo

Smash Cadet
Good games everyone! Tournament was hype, learned a hell of a lot of things (mainly match ups lol) See everybody at the next one.
Yes, this was a problem for me at the tournament. Given that I've never played competitively, I had no clue on match-ups or stage picks. I'll have to educate myself on these things for the next one, for sure.

Still had a ton of fun though, haha. I'm itching for more matches.

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
Yes, this was a problem for me at the tournament. Given that I've never played competitively, I had no clue on match-ups or stage picks. I'll have to educate myself on these things for the next one, for sure.

Still had a ton of fun though, haha. I'm itching for more matches.
Agreed man! My two losses there both came with a lot of lessons learned, that's what it's all about man, learning from every match you can. See you at the next one

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
The results for the "Crazy 8" tournament on January 24th is posted on the first page of this thread! Check it out!!!!!!

Last edited:

KB3

Smash Rookie
A very well done tournament and i've enjoyed it immensely. Pretty surprised by my results in Melee, and not too surprised in Sm4sh, lol. Look forward to next month's tourney; hopefully work and college can cut me a break and i'll be back.

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
A very well done tournament and i've enjoyed it immensely. Pretty surprised by my results in Melee, and not too surprised in Sm4sh, lol. Look forward to next month's tourney; hopefully work and college can cut me a break and i'll be back.
Ah yeah I played you in Losers for Sm4sh. Your Villager is really great.

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
I played your villager and immediatly texted my buddy who plays villager and tried to get him going on what you were doing with him, your approaches were awesome, and even as a Lil Mac player it was really hard approaching you, GG dude

Last edited:

KB3

Smash Rookie
I played your villager and immediatly texted my buddy who plays villager and tried to get him going on what you were doing with him, your approaches were awesome, and even as a Lil Mac player it was really hard approaching you, GG dude
Your Mac was very good; i honestly have yet to play someone who put that much work into Little Mac like you have. Must admit: i died a little inside with each KO punch you got on me, lol. Have to put more time in Sm4sh now and hopefully come back next month. GGs as well dude.

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
Your Mac was very good; i honestly have yet to play someone who put that much work into Little Mac like you have. Must admit: i died a little inside with each KO punch you got on me, lol. Have to put more time in Sm4sh now and hopefully come back next month. GGs as well dude.
Thanks man, really appreciate that, I've been working on him since October, As soon as I saw him announced I was determined to make him work hah. And no yeah I completely feel you on the K.O punches, I got like 12 that tourney and they never make me feel proud haha. If my buddy comes next time I'll have to get him to ask you some things with villager, he's willing to learn. Till next time man

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
The next "Crazy 8" tournament will be on February 21st!
You won't want to miss it....it's gonna be even Crazier!!

Top Bottom