• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 24, 2015] Matthews Smashers "Crazy 8" Tournament! (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

Buzz Spendus

Smash Apprentice
What's the word on custom special attacks for the Wii U version? Are they allowed or not? I'm going to assume they'll be set to OFF unless otherwise noted.

Regardless if they're on or not, I'm heavily interested in coming to this.

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
What's the word on custom special attacks for the Wii U version? Are they allowed or not? I'm going to assume they'll be set to OFF unless otherwise noted.

Miis are not in this tournament so I'd assume customs are off as well.

Last edited:

alyodie

Smash Cadet

They will be set to OFF. Hope to see you there!

alyodie

Smash Cadet
during warm ups, will you have any melee setups set up/ will they be avaliable at request?
It is not planned to have any melee set ups available at the beginning of PM. Toward the mid to end of the PM tourney we usually start turning them over. I am not saying we couldn't have one going, but a lot of that has to due with turnout. So while it is not available by request, we will assess the situation on that day.

Last edited:

capfalcon159

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-6316-2285
I might be able to come. I can't bring a setup, but considering you only need 5, you will probably be fine. Also, if I bring a classic controller with a usb cable, does that work wired, or do I still have to sync it??? this is my first tourney and the gamecube controller/ adapter is sooo expensive.

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
I might be able to come. I can't bring a setup, but considering you only need 5, you will probably be fine. Also, if I bring a classic controller with a usb cable, does that work wired, or do I still have to sync it??? this is my first tourney and the gamecube controller/ adapter is sooo expensive.
They will definitely have adapters there for use, I'll be bringing one, so just bring a Gamecube controller if that is what you're most comfortable with.

capfalcon159

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-6316-2285
They will definitely have adapters there for use, I'll be bringing one, so just bring a Gamecube controller if that is what you're most comfortable with.
so classic controllers don't work wired? I can get a used gamecube controller for cheap. I am just more comfortable with the classic controller.

alyodie

Smash Cadet

If you want to try using a classic controller, you would need to bring your sensor bar, and a wii remote with your classic controller so that you could sync. Most players play with gamecube controllers, and we provide the adapters, so no worries there.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I might be able to come to this again. the last one was really fun.

--Starlord

capfalcon159

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-6316-2285
If you want to try using a classic controller, you would need to bring your sensor bar, and a wii remote with your classic controller so that you could sync. Most players play with gamecube controllers, and we provide the adapters, so no worries there.
Oh, I can find a cheap GameCube controller. I'll ease into it fast enough. I had no idea that it was that complicated, I thought that if you brought the usb, you could just plug it in and play. Thanks for the help!

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
I went to some fests with friends, but no full tourneys. probably going to Mute City Prelims on Jan 18th if it still happens

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
This will be my first tournament in about 5 years, looking forward to playing you guys! I'll be bringing some buds as well, is it usually a good turnout for the Wii U?

alyodie

Smash Cadet
This will be my first tournament in about 5 years, looking forward to playing you guys! I'll be bringing some buds as well, is it usually a good turnout for the Wii U?

Last tournament, the first time we played WiiU, we had 28 enter the tournament.

Top Bottom