• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
haha that's when Tyser got banned and the mods came in and called him douchey. Then I was *****in about anime spam and JLo started maining Broly.

Good times
This sound ridiculous and hilarious. I wish I was actually there for it :laugh:

Uli

Smash Champion
dammnn shiit just got real
to bad ill be playing 2d fighters while ya'll be play brawl :\

also trent changed mains, WHATS THIS?

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Joker after school's out we def. need to get some practice games before your tourney and before the one in MO. I will prolly try to just have off Friday-Sunday every week to come practice games and such so hopefully those are the most populated days for you too.
Yeah those days will work for me and is also the days we play games too so yeah ^.^

dammnn shiit just got real
to bad ill be playing 2d fighters while ya'll be play brawl :\
I was actually thinking of entering KOF12 but I haven't played that game since like last monthly I played with Uli so thats a while >.<

Uli

Smash Champion
well looks like ill be going to that brawl tourny on saterday
all the games at FFC are the ones im not playing :D
but im might wanna go get my asss whooped in 3's

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I might be attending the FFC tourney on the 20th. But, idk if i want to be stuck in glenwood the entire week.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
im 100% sure im going if i get those days off....but it should be fine..^_^v so ive already claimed a spot...O_o so if i dont go i cry...T_T

Tyserification

Smash Lord
So people who are basically confirmed for Brawl is:
- Chris
- Greg
- Tony
- Anthony
- John Lowe

And maybes are:
- Christian
- Connor
- Rebecca

I know Greg is staying for the whole weekend but does anyone else plan on crashing at my house? Or are you guys just going to come for the tournament and then go back home?

§chizm

Smash Lord
Man I just woke up (13 hours of sleep is too good).
Well I can't fit more than 4 other people in my car, so if any more than that wants to come someone else will have to drive, I still haven't heard whether Rebecca and Connor were going to go or not, and I assumed Christian was going.
If I drive there's a good chance I'll probably crash at your place for the night Tyser, if someone else drives it's up to them.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want some other tournies?

I was gonna pass on Melee due to the FFC thing going on, but if you want it I can arrange it.

Other suggestions I had were Marvel v Capcom II and League of Legends (2v2s).

ace156

Smash Apprentice
ROFL. I just looked at page 402. I didnt no that Killjoy posted. I musta been real bad -_-
haha yea, I was waiting for you to check that out, it made me laugh so much reading back to that.

I just got a call from my dad and its likely that I'll be busy on the 19th now, so for that tourney I suppose you'll all have to count me out.

but after school ends, I'm training like crazy sht to get tons better because I need to.

§chizm

Smash Lord
No Melee is fine. Game is gettin boring, but Im still good at it :'(
I kinda feel that way too. Except for the being good part.
haha yea, I was waiting for you to check that out, it made me laugh so much reading back to that.

I just got a call from my dad and its likely that I'll be busy on the 19th now, so for that tourney I suppose you'll all have to count me out.

but after school ends, I'm training like crazy sht to get tons better because I need to.
Yeah man you need to play games with us more.
so what day are we actually leaving then? 18th or 19th?
We'll hopefully figure everything out tomorrow, because I'm assuming almost everyone will be there.
Also were we playing games in Ames or at Greg's tomorrow? If no one in Ames wants to drive down I can drive up there if need be.

My left cheek is swollen like crazy for some reason now. I look ridiculous.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Pretty sure we can go.. the only variable is Connor's work I think. If there's a Brawl-related tourney in Omaha, I'm going to say yes, we're going. We can seat 7, btw, so if at least one person on the list posted above can't come, we should be game to take my van.

Also, what is this other tourney you speak of? Is it the same as the HD one in MO?

And Connor and I will be in Des Moines for flea market, though I don't know how long he'll want to be alive before he crashes from going out straight after work and working the next night >.>;

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
December 12 - Afrayail Tourney(Iowa's biweekly) - Ames, IA

December 19 - Sherman's inaugural tourny - Omaha, NE

January 16 - Joker's Monthly - Des Moines, IA

January 30 - Hot Dickings! Brawl - St. Louis, MO

This are pretty much all the ones we're talking about.

§chizm

Smash Lord

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
so yea if games are in ames tomorrow i wont be able to make it cuz i get off at 8...so i will have no way up there.....but yea i really wana play tomorrow so if anything you wait untill i get off at 8 to go or we play at gregs

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Good job, Joker. ^^ Thanks!

And Skyzim; I'll mention the idea. We're going early in the morning after he gets off work to meet with some friends (Mindy and pals) before THEY go to work then will probably stop somewhere for lunch. I'd most certainly love to play, as I've been saying probably too much, and him playing some of you guys might knock his ego down a bit from beating me so much lately >.>
naww, he's been fine, but wtf I hate losing to MK

ace156

Smash Apprentice
HAHA so these people that live in Pella here are hosting a tourney with a bunch of games, but one of them that will be hosted is Brawl. One of the kids going thinks he is the sht because he ***** with ZELDA (spam dins fire im guessing LOL). so pretty much im going to go there on the 12th and **** hardcore.

haha these people barely know the rules for stage striking let alone how to play on a pro level.... its going to be hilarious and I really hope i get to record some matches for you guys.... if I can Ill upload them for you....

oh, and im going to play someone amazing like C.falcon or random for the lulz

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
December 12 - Afrayail Tourney(Iowa's biweekly) - Ames, IA

December 19 - Sherman's inaugural tourny - Omaha, NE

January 16 - Joker's Monthly - Des Moines, IA

January 30 - Hot Dickings! Brawl - St. Louis, MO

This are pretty much all the ones we're talking about.
Mwahahaha, I can make the one on the 12! MOTHER Gear Solid.

Also Rebecca, I know what you mean about MK, sometimes you just get sick of it.

@Schizm: I haven't asked in awhile, but how are the IC's going for you?

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want some other tournies?

I was gonna pass on Melee due to the FFC thing going on, but if you want it I can arrange it.

Other suggestions I had were Marvel v Capcom II and League of Legends (2v2s).
oh **** you play LoL?? I'm on there add me the ign is sluys.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
So Lincoln probably has a place to smash now. Me and Trent are going to check it out tomorrow.

All we have to do is pay electricity for when we're there.

What would be the best way to host regular tournaments and not conflict with Jokers? Love to see some of you guys to come down here, got a few people who need experience but are too poor to go OoS.

Living the dream of actually building a Brawl community around here [/manlytears]

Top Bottom