• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Afrayail

Smash Ace
As I told Yink, there's no way we're gonna try heading to games. Coming from his apartment to my dorm took about 20 minutes when it's normally like.........5-7. It's kinda slick despite the tiny amounts of snow, and there are LOTS. OF. STUPID PEOPLE. My friend just got back from Altoona (near des moines) and said it took over an hour (20-30 minute drive tops normally)

Edit: Wait, Yink said she thought Joker wanted games at honors building? If you guys want to come up here, I have to be there anyway so IDK (though last time we came on a Thursday there was that class meeting in there...) I thought you wanted to avoid driving, though, and even if for whatever reason you -wanted- to come, I'd advise against it.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
As I told Yink, there's no way we're gonna try heading to games. Coming from his apartment to my dorm took about 20 minutes when it's normally like.........5-7. It's kinda slick despite the tiny amounts of snow, and there are LOTS. OF. STUPID PEOPLE. My friend just got back from Altoona (near des moines) and said it took over an hour (20-30 minute drive tops normally)

Edit: Wait, Yink said she thought Joker wanted games at honors building? If you guys want to come up here, I have to be there anyway so IDK (though last time we came on a Thursday there was that class meeting in there...) I thought you wanted to avoid driving, though, and even if for whatever reason you -wanted- to come, I'd advise against it.
But I wanted to hear "To Zanarkand". :( Oh well, next weekend is your Tourney, so I hope that is a for sure thing. :bee: I'm having games at my house this weekend if you guys could make it.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
What Ironboots said. It seems like there are more against the stage than for it. Sorry.
Whatev's, not that big of a deal. Just means I'm not going.

Also, Joker did you get my message last night? Can you please upload the ganon ditto you got recorded off my wii? I need it up like asap.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker we're gonna skip games tonight and hopefully come to Des Moines on Saturday
Yeah I understand people are just busy with school this time around, also thanks for the heads up Afrayail ^.^

And yeah Razor I should get the vid up either later today or early tomorrow

§chizm

Smash Lord
Yeah I'll be available for games saturday, I'll actually be able to drive then. :ohwell:
Whatev's, not that big of a deal. Just means I'm not going.

Also, Joker did you get my message last night? Can you please upload the ganon ditto you got recorded off my wii? I need it up like asap.
What do you need it so soon for?
Are you making a secret Ganondorf combo video or something? :laugh:

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Who all is opting out of the tourney, besides Razor? To be honest, if you're serious about not going, I think Connor feels similarly and we wouldn't probably go either.

§chizm

Smash Lord
So with games out of the way today, When is the next monthly? I vote for January 16th, 2010.
Whatever is fine with me I guess.
It's snowing down there? Sucks.
I didn't know it was...
I can't come to the one on Saturday. :/

Cool story.
Wutttttt.
Who all is opting out of the tourney, besides Razor? To be honest, if you're serious about not going, I think Connor feels similarly and we wouldn't probably go either.
If you're talking about the tourney in St. Louis, I'm still fine with going. I don't really care about stages because I only like Neutrals (which are IC counterpicks anyway) and occassionally counter-pick Brinstar if I'm playing GaW.
But if you guys and Jake aren't going we don't really have a ride there anyway since I can't take my car and Peeks will be here already.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I am still serious about going to St. Louis. I also have the question, Who is driving to Omaha because I need to know so I could get an airline ticket or not going from there to Texas?

§chizm

Smash Lord
I am still serious about going to St. Louis. I also have the question, Who is driving to Omaha because I need to know so I could get an airline ticket or not going from there to Texas?

I thought I was driving but I can't fit many in my car comfortably, and I was thinking we should try to bring a setup if possible. Though I'm not really even clear on who all wanted to go other then you Joker and CBK.

I meant I can't come to games on Saturday, Schizm.
Why?
Aren't you leaving in like two weeks or something?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Why?
Aren't you leaving in like two weeks or something?

I have to go home and get stuff ready for my transfer...so I basically lose a week of gaming with you guys and next week will be the last one. Finals for me get done on Wed. and I'll have to move all my stuff out.

Chloe have you done anything for my sig by chance? If not that's cool I'm just curious.
Oh boy, I forgot all about it Jake I'm sorry I'll start it later this weekend, I have a lot of work going on right now. Seriously I'm sorry.

§chizm

Smash Lord
How are you going to get to the airport when we're there? I'd really rather not have to drop you off or something. :054:
WHOA!?! CBK is coming AND Joknerd?!? Shit just got real.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Lol that reminds me of this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hFwkZ2Ku7s&feature=related

I can't come to the one on Saturday. :/
Man I thought November was full of bad news not December too T.T

But yeah I'm pretty sure everyone will still want to go actually CBK, Mduo where wanting to go now, but if you guys decide not to go that be fine we could have the biweekly then >.0

However if we do end up going then we're bringing Team Knightmare for this one <(^.^<)
Cause Razor won't go >.<

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Connor gets serious business sometimes, regarding the principle of the matter. He was talking about how if you're displeased with how it's being run or whatnot and it won't change, the best way to show your .. unsupport..? is to not go.

Really though, if a lot of people are going, I'm pretty sure we'll go. Though he's really annoyed about the stage list. I guess I'm kind of indifferent since I don't think my opinion matters on this subject one way or another.

@Greg: I'm sure we could give you a ride, since I'm 70-80% sure we're going to Omaha. If you needed us to take you anywhere while in town, we probably could do that.. less it's like.. crazy far or something.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
so if there r games on saturday im up for it later in the day. saturday morning i have to have my cpu looked at and stuff to decide if i need to buy a new one or something. so saturday night im good for anything. anyways, if anything im willing to go to omaha on the 19th if i can get a ride from whoever cause i can most likely just call in and take the 18th off. on another note about the tourney in st. louis, most likely dont wanna go to that so yeah.

off topic, but cant wait till the 12th, tyser should kno what im talkin about \(^o^)/

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
@ Rebecca: Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I had a ride there before I bought the airline ticket, so there are no complications with what city I'm leaving from. Now I have a cushion if Chris doesn't drive. Thanks again Rebecca.

Edit: I'm off for the night. Night guys and see you tomorrow at school Anthony.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im still planning on goin to st. louis as well, i don't really give a crap about stages i don't even ban any when i play in the first place so i don't give a **** lol. and plus im gonna bust out my newer new secondary at this tourney to see how he measures up.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Connor gets serious business sometimes, regarding the principle of the matter. He was talking about how if you're displeased with how it's being run or whatnot and it won't change, the best way to show your .. unsupport..? is to not go.

Really though, if a lot of people are going, I'm pretty sure we'll go. Though he's really annoyed about the stage list. I guess I'm kind of indifferent since I don't think my opinion matters on this subject one way or another.

@Greg: I'm sure we could give you a ride, since I'm 70-80% sure we're going to Omaha. If you needed us to take you anywhere while in town, we probably could do that.. less it's like.. crazy far or something.
I don't really care about the stages. Realistically this is how tournaments are going to end up being, and stagelists have been like that in most other regions for a while, the MW was just lagging behind. It doesn't really bother me too much, I can have fun playing on those stages in friendlies. There's enough janky shit in Brawl without me having to get dumb stuff happening to me due to stages in tournaments.

Were you guys just going to take the van to Omaha? If you are and we don't have to many people it might just be easier for me to ride with you so I don't have to mess with my car due to it being...shady?
If I have to drive as well it's OK though.

Also I can play games today too most likely if anyone is up. I took work off so I might as well make the best of it. :bee:

plus im gonna bust out my newer new secondary at this tourney to see how he measures up.
...Falco?
Or Meta Knight. :laugh:

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
WOAH im hacking internet..O_O(i get mine back tomorrow) BUT on the flip side Tyser sh*ts always real when IA and NE come together..^_^v but yea as for Omaha i got those days off already so i better get a spot..>_<...oh and as for St. Louis im willing to go b/c i think ill be able to get those days off too...since its a new month/year then it shouldn't be a problem for my work.

O_O i just realized i dont have a partner but thats okay..^_^v ill just do singles only?

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Seriously though, whose at least 90+% sure that theyre coming to Omaha? And which night(s) do you guys plan to stay? I can house but having an estimate will be good so I can rearrange stuff to make room.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Seriously though, whose at least 90+% sure that theyre coming to Omaha? And which night(s) do you guys plan to stay? I can house but having an estimate will be good so I can rearrange stuff to make room.
im about 95% sure that im goin. the other 5% is all about if im able to get a ride from anyone. if i can get a guarantee ride from whoever them im all good to go. so i would like a spot with someone cause i havent been to omaha in awhile and it would be nice to visit

ace156

Smash Apprentice
I will more than likely go to that tourney as long as I am able to have a ride, like Kudou. And I can ask off work early so theres no trouble for me to have time off for it.

Joker after school's out we def. need to get some practice games before your tourney and before the one in MO. I will prolly try to just have off Friday-Sunday every week to come practice games and such so hopefully those are the most populated days for you too.

edit:
p.s. looking back on these boards is funny, especially page 402. that page made me laugh

sluys

Smash Journeyman
edit:
p.s. looking back on these boards is funny, especially page 402. that page made me laugh
haha that's when Tyser got banned and the mods came in and called him douchey. Then I was *****in about anime spam and JLo started maining Broly.

Good times

Top Bottom