• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

§chizm

Smash Lord
Anyone want to MM at the omaha tournament? I might be goin ^^;
Skizmzmzmzmz..... you play ICs now @,@ Don't do it... they're addicting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Iy-YmKyWo) ._.

~Fino
Trying to play them...
I really need to find more time to get the CGs down for each character, especially buffering them.

Mwahahaha, I can make the one on the 12! MOTHER Gear Solid.

Also Rebecca, I know what you mean about MK, sometimes you just get sick of it.

@Schizm: I haven't asked in awhile, but how are the IC's going for you?
Alright but I've only gotten to play them like three times against actual people.
Also I haven't had the chance to practice them at all this week so it could be awful for today.

So, did people want games at my place place or Ames? Doesn't matter to me.
I think we're doing it at your place unless someone had an objection. Especially if Rebecca and them are going to be in Des Moines anyway (if they even feel like coming).
So Lincoln probably has a place to smash now. Me and Trent are going to check it out tomorrow.

All we have to do is pay electricity for when we're there.

What would be the best way to host regular tournaments and not conflict with Jokers? Love to see some of you guys to come down here, got a few people who need experience but are too poor to go OoS.

Living the dream of actually building a Brawl community around here [/manlytears]
That's cool.
Generally we decide our tournament dates around when the most people can make it, so we don't really have a set date for each month.

Joker hopefully we can get a chance to get your computer figured out soon, I just remembered.

I should probably sleep now. Vicodin away!

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Games, games, games tonight.

Where might they be located at?

If erabody comes that says they are coming, love do u think you have enough room?

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yea, I'll have room. I need at least two more TVs though. Jake, if you come tonight, please bring my bag.

Edit: If you need my address, PM me please.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
How does one go about getting the Smash Director for their name? I think I am fitting of that title now.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Mwahahaha, I can make the one on the 12! MOTHER Gear Solid.
Never Know What Hit Them >.0

Joker hopefully we can get a chance to get your computer figured out soon, I just remembered.
Yeah I know >.<

Games, games, games tonight.

Where might they be located at?
You better bring Jlo cause I don't think I have ever team up with him in serious doubles o.0
Also Razor the vid is up if you haven't seen it yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDqlz9RgaW8

Yea, I'll have room. I need at least two more TVs though. Jake, if you come tonight, please bring my bag.
Razor should bring his TV >.<
But I should bring your old TV Love the haunted one

Also I been playing Twilight that game is too good, but now it feels weird cause Link isn't left handed on the Wii version o.0

Edit:
How does one go about getting the Smash Director for their name? I think I am fitting of that title now.
Host your own tourney really, Bone apply with me but didn't get it cause he wasn't the official TO

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Just looked the location over, probably not good for smashfests but possible for tournaments. Only three little snags.

There's a liability issue that we have to smooth over, the tournament would have to be on Sunday, and we would have to leave the venue from 4ishpm-6pm.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Haha Jake you're not a T.O.; It's called Joker's monthly.

I'll try to make it to Greg's tonight. PM me your address Gerg (I'll pm you as well).

*edit: What time is everyone going?*

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I think 7 would be a good time for everyone to start showing up. I need to get some things done before you guys come over.

Trent

Smash Champion
Silver and I have a couple locations now in mind for setting up tourneys in Lincoln. Would Iowa be interested in coming to monthlies if we set it up? We'll even name the tourney "Donate funds to Joker's Charity cause" if you do.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I can't make games tonight, I have plans unfortunately. And i won't be available till like the 19th with finals

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Oh gosh, if there's any way people could play in Ames at anytime, that would be very amazing. We were in Des Moines, but Connor needed to come back and crash (holy **** I drove his car, it was scary =.o)

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I think we should be fine Skizm said he could drive if he had too although I don't think CBK will be able to make it.

By the way if games are on Ames are they at the Honor building o.0

§chizm

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter to me where games are. I can drive to Ames if we need to. I would just like to know soon.

I just woke up. Fuuuuuck.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Well if we do go up there, Tony said if we could wait for him and Anthony said he wanted to play tonight also. Someone should let Andy know this too.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
*yaawwwn* I just woke up too, 30 minute nap = lame. I must love you guys.

Anyway, I can try to snag the honors building, but little brats might want to go watch movies in there and get there first. If we have a back up (maybe Andy's, if he's free for that), that'd be cool, and I'd say go for it and run over there with a bat to try and secure the location.

BTW for anyone that doesn't have it and needs to get a hold of me sooner, (515) 229-8262. Unlimited texting, so no worries.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Someone wanna ask him if we can go there for awhile if need be? I'm fairly sure I could get the room, but just in case we'd need somewhere to go in the meantime. I don't wanna have everyone drive up just to have to wait on random people.

gantrain05

Smash Master
yeah, it seems there will be quite a few people coming, honors building seems like the best choice at this point.

to the honors building!! bring tv's/wii's if u can.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Okay. Unless there's some freak event going on I've never heard of--*frantically checks email x.X*--I can guarantee at least one room and one big TV. I can say with some confidence that there's another big TV we can use if we get it set up right, and I can bring 12" if necessary... let's hope people are out actually having a life and keeping away from the projector room though.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Tonight was epic confusion. Sorry I couldn't make it but thanks for trying, it was appreciated everyone :) get hype for the 'tourney'? lol Did we still want it to be a low tier for singles? If so, you should def let me use Lucario *hah*

On another lolsome note, I'm totally picking up MK guyz! :D

§chizm

Smash Lord
Tonight was epic confusion. Sorry I couldn't make it but thanks for trying, it was appreciated everyone :) get hype for the 'tourney'? lol Did we still want it to be a low tier for singles? If so, you should def let me use Lucario *hah*
We can probably do multiple things. I don't think we'll have much of a time issue or anything.
Lucario isn't even close to low tier. :laugh:

On another lolsome note, I'm totally picking up MK guyz! :D
/wrist.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
It was a joke at my own expense, no worries. Though on a sad note, my MK did better against Connor than my Oli has been lately. Talk about /wrist.

He asked if I was going to main him, and I laughed =.o; I'll prolly just hafta be super lame and pull out MK on Connor if we're pitted against each other in tourney play again, until I make enough improvements on Olimar.

Top Bottom