• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inui Presents: Great Revival

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Case in point:

Ike- lol not low tier
Lucas
Sonic - i don't think he's low tier in teams
Sheik - you're drunk.
Mario
Jigglypuff
Zelda
Pokemon Trainer - squirtle sucks? lol
Samus
Falcon
Link
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers - you're drunk again
Bowser - living to 300 vs low tiers will be nice for bowser players.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No matter what argument you make, it doesn't matter, because the list has been set in stone from the start and I stated at the beginning that I would not change it based on any arguments. I coudn't care less about the BBR's awful tier list, awful rules, awful everything, lmao.

Ike never won money at a national or regional. Ever. Ness has, many times, in both settings. Shaky's record involves money. FOW's involved money. San's never has, and never will, because Ike is vastly inferior to Ness.

If you don't like the character lists, don't enter the low tier events. Nobody is forcing you to. Doubles and singles are the main events people actually care about anyways, not low tiers.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
No matter what argument you make, it doesn't matter, because the list has been set in stone from the start and I stated at the beginning that I would not change it based on any arguments. I coudn't care less about the BBR's awful tier list, awful rules, awful everything, lmao.

Ike never won money at a national or regional. Ever. Ness has, many times, in both settings. Shaky's record involves money. FOW's involved money. San's never has, and never will, because Ike is vastly inferior to Ness.
LOL, so untrue. Show me one time Shaky or FOW has won money at a regional or national this year in singles

San has done better at nationals and regionals and has made more money at locals also.

But since you said there is no point in arguing I guess I can't say anything. It's just blatantly obvious that you are being completely bias because you play Ike in low tiers and want to win. And if you don't care about the BBR's garbz tier list, then why are you running your low tiers with it minus adding bowser?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Don't care. Yes is 100% right; I'm going to be a complete brick wall about it. I am no longer even responding to posts about the low tier lists anymore. Don't like it, don't enter the low tier events. It's that simple.

btw Shaky beats top FL players and wins money in their regionals in both events all the time

DiP!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Blame lazy Meta Knights for not knowing the matchup at a tourney or two. Doubles who cares, it's literally a single instance of a single person. San has accomplishments that rival Shakys. But here's the thing, you're thinking of them in a normal environment, perhaps the highest of top tiers do much better on Ike than on Ness, so you are thinking that Ike is a worse character. In a low tier environment however, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Ike do better. It's like your reasoning for Bowser being in low tiers... In a full environment with all characters Bowser does better than most low tiers with some not-awful matchups higher up, yet when you restrict it to low tier he's arguably ok there since a majority of his bad matchups actually come from below him.

You're using one train of thought for allowing Bowser in low tiers (by looking at him in a low tier setting and not a full setting), but not using that same logic to include Ike and not Ness. Also if you want to talk about how good or bad Ness is, his recovery is absolutely awful lol. You say his bthrow might be like the best move in low tiers (though there still needs to be "a best," in this mindset you should also think MK should be banned), but I can guarantee you 90% of low tiers wish he didn't have his recovery. Checks and balances man.

See? This debating is why I strict follow the BBR list so there can be no subjectivity.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
plus Ike's good against Ness, what's the problem?

also, Inui, as a tournament organizer, how can you not try and follow what the people want?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
GIMR no offense but your motive is pretty obvious.

I just think some of the characters in the doubles list aren't low tiers.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
This is a reminder to people to please bring set-ups. You get your venue fee discounted if you bring it early enough to get used. We will need set-ups to make sure this event runs smoothly. I only have 1 Wii and 2 TVs of my own. I have an abundance of power strips and extension cords, so don't worry about those.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
@ Omni: Not a valid counter-argument.

The majority (like myself) don't care, therefore it would be unfair to count them to be on either side. So in actuality, it's "4 people" against the TO. Only Inui has been against Ness being in LT really.

De-lineating the argument to make it as though these "4 people" are insignificant is unfair to them. They are a part of the community and you would expect a TO to cater to them as long as it does not inhibit his ability to satisfy everyone else. As far as what's been said, evidence supports Ness belonging to LT. And I honestly hope that Inui isn't utilizing doubles results to justify Ness's placement in singles. Faulty logic (but with that said, I wouldn't put it past him.) And Ness winning singles in regionals? Maybe in '08...

All I see is Inui being selfish. It is his tournament though. And we all know what Inui is. Why bother arguing with the miser? Let it end here.

Hope you're still coming GIMR. I'm taking Boss there and teaming with him in LT Doubles. Can you take him back home though? I can't take him back Sunday and all you have to do is drop him off the metro area and he can find his way back.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hope you're still coming GIMR. I'm taking Boss there and teaming with him in LT Doubles. Can you take him back home though? I can't take him back Sunday and all you have to do is drop him off the metro area and he can find his way back.

Sry, our car will be full.

to Yes!:

yes my intentions are obvious. I would like to play as the character that I put hours into just for low tiers. Out of no where the BBR started believe he was better then he really is. I have an actual good argument though as to why Inui should put Ness in despite my bias.

Inui's only reason for keeping him out is complete bias.

@Omni: 4 and growing :chuckle:

I guess I'll just have to settle for some random low tier, sad face

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Nastyyyyyy! <3

hey Gunblade Lucas can be super homo in teams just fyi

Pink and Coney, dawg

also...hi Zucco! =D
yeah your mad gay in teams. you kinda just walk around and f-tilt. lol. jk. <3

yeah I know. I used him for a while remember. I have confidence in Nasty's Lucas as well. He put a lot of time into the character and is good with him. I think we will do well. =]

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
actually i'm splitting the "people" into a group of "cares" and "doesn't care". the majority is included. if someone tells me "don't you want to follow what the people say" it's a blatant misrepresentation when those "people" only consist of an extremely small poulation.

it's valid

but yea inui you need to stop using that Edgeworth avatar if you're going to dismiss logic with power just because you have the authority to do so.

instead you have become

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Gimr, I don't think Ness is low tier. I also don't think Ike is low tier either.
I think Ness is either the very top of low tier or the bottom of mid-tier. I still think he's a little over rated.

Although Ness over all has better match ups against the high tiers minus Falco he loses to a lot of the top low tiers imo.

I feel he loses to Lucas, Mario, and Ike so his inclusion into low tiers would make sense in that way

I've always thought from the beginning though that if the low tier continued to get smaller then low tier tournaments should have a part of mid -tier in them for a little more character diversity.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
actually i'm splitting the "people" into a group of "cares" and "doesn't care". the majority is included. if someone tells me "don't you want to follow what the people say" it's a blatant misrepresentation when those "people" only consist of an extremely small poulation.
If a TO is expected to increase their turnout, one would expect him to cater to as may groups as possible. The fact of the matter is this: does allowing Ness in LT hurt anyone?

You measure the people affected by the decision. You can't count the people that are unaffected by results. That would be a blatant misrepresentation of the facts. If you're going to go by majority wins (which TOs should if again, one of the main objectives is a high turnout), you should assume the majority consists only of the people that matter.

EDIT: For example, if you counted the majority as all the people, MK would have been banned by now. But, luckily, you don't count every smasher as the majority. Only those who, in the highest competitive sense, had an understanding of the effects of a ban mattered in whether MK was banned back when the vote was cast. No reason to not apply that logic here as well.

Smashers indifferent to the subject at hand do not matter. Don't let them skew the issue.

If Inui really wants to be fair, he would count those for and those against Ness in LT and not count the smashers that don't care in EITHER for or against. Because that would be a"blatant misrepresentation." As far as I can tell, only Yes and Inui are against it. If GIMR can find 2 more people that want Ness in LT, why not let it happen?

If he wants to be just, he would measure the strength and weaknesses of the arguments of both sides and let the better argument win the debate.

If he wants to be selfish, well for god's sake it's his tourney. Let him do what he wants and don't come if you don't like his rules.

But let it be known that he's either fair, just, or selfish.

But don't we all already know which it is? :laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@Omni: The reason I'm not arguing or debating is simple. I can prove all of my points and argue for them, or I can not, and the end result will be the same; the character list will not change. There is no point in wasting my time.

its ok guys sonics won 2,500$ and 1,500$ not so long ago and they are allowed but they win money!!!!! watch inui lose to mario and ban him for next tourney LOL
Sonic is legal in the event where he gets ***** and never wins. Those same Sonics that won a ton of money at MLG...didn't do anything in doubles.

Sonic's power comes from timing people out and running away forever. That's really it. He can't really do this in doubles, so he loses. Low tiers can't catch Sonic in singles, but two low tiers definitely can.

If a TO is expected to increase their turnout, one would expect him to cater to as may groups as possible.
Nobody is ******** enough to boycott a tournament just because of a character list in a side event. Singles and doubles, like at everything, will still be there for everyone.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I agree that they probably wouldn't have the power to boycott your tournament.

But they are part of the community nonetheless. They should matter (and one day may matter), even if they don't now.

The fact that you are unwilling to do it because those smashers are... in your language, peons to you reflects your character. You essentially are choosing the stance to respond to an issue if it occurs, rather than take pro-active choices, which I believe is irresponsible for such a "respectable" TO as yourself.

And on that note, do you ever wonder why people don't like you? You don't have that many fans...

Can't wait to **** you all in LT. =D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Old news. You've missed a lot with regards to me. Stop trying to lecture me about things I already know. I'm standing by what I strongly believe in with regards to the tiers, and that's that.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
wtf? Ice climbers are in low tiers doubles? Time to practice my CGs :D

Btw, Inui: mid tiers is catching on, you should think about running it at a future event

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
you should constantly be practicing your CG's, Calvin. you always drop grabs.

if you had meep's cg'ing ability you'd be really scary

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I am going to boycott your low tier event. I think I could top at it (probably pretty easily, lmao) but I don't want to support such blatent foolishness.

Your regular tourney is fine, so I will be entering.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
you should constantly be practicing your CG's, Calvin. you always drop grabs.

if you had meep's cg'ing ability you'd be really scary
I actually need to work on my nerves. In friendlies I do all my chain grabs fine, it's when I'm playing a tough tournament match that I drop them. I do need to practice them daily though

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I am going to boycott your low tier event. I think I could top at it (probably pretty easily, lmao) but I don't want to support such blatent foolishness.

Your regular tourney is fine, so I will be entering.
I doubt that, and I'm not saying that so you enter. You just won't place in the money at all in low tiers imo.

Coney

Smash Master
i'm not going anyway but i brought up the same points as you near the beginning of this thread GIMR

he's not budging

just don't enter

also i agree that gimr = ICs smarts, meep = CG ability, combine the two and it'd be insane

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Sonic is legal in the event where he gets ***** and never wins. Those same Sonics that won a ton of money at MLG...didn't do anything in doubles.

Sonic's power comes from timing people out and running away forever. That's really it. He can't really do this in doubles, so he loses. Low tiers can't catch Sonic in singles, but two low tiers definitely can.
Brb Speed and I ****** LT doubles (and we'll attempt to time out to prove you wrong).
:awesome:

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I'm riding with Melee's Canadian players to Nanuet (then taking a train to NYC) Anyone can gimme a ride from new york? I don't think I'll be able to make it on time if I take a train to NJ =( help me!!!

Top Bottom