• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inui Presents: Great Revival

Inui

Banned via Warnings

At long last, I have once again secured a venue so that I may host amazing tournaments for our amazing region!

Event Staff
Inui
Keitaro
dmbrandon
Doom​

Venue Location

Knights of Columbus Hall
203 West Sylvania Avenue
Neptune City, NJ 07753

You can take a train to the Asbury Park station and get picked up by Smashers at the venue, including myself, for a small fee. Public transportation does exist for this event.

Prices and Events

Venue Fee: $10
Low Tier Doubles: $5 per person
Low Tier Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 per person
Singles: $10
Brawl-: $5

Bringing a TV or Wii that we use will get your venue fee reduced by $2. Bringing a full set-up will get you a $5 discount. Please bring set-ups so this tournament can happen and actually finish! The first set-ups to be given to me will be the ones used.

Payouts

Singles
1st: 48%
2nd: 24%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

Doubles
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

Low Tier Singles
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

Low Tier Doubles
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

*All are subject to change based on attendance.

Order of Events

As many may know, I like to have a lot of events. I'm a big fan of low tiers and always have large low tier events. I start off with low tiers and try to blast through the events so we can get to main events. I'm adding Brawl- since it's relatively popular in the region. Because of the large amount of events, I must be very strict with scheduling and run multiple events at the same time. This means very few set-ups will be open for friendlies until later on, so get your friendlies in by showing up early.

10:00am is when I will open the venue to everyone. Upon entering, you will immediately be required to pay the $10 venue fee, which can be discounted by bringing set-ups. The first people to bring them get the discounts until we can't accept them anymore.

At 11:00am, I will start registering people for every event at the same time. Each event will be closed shortly before the bracket is made, meaning you can enter things later on during the last call.

12:00pm, the bracket for low tier doubles will be made, and the event will start.

As set-ups open up for low tier singles, that event will start.

When the low tier events thin out enough to start doubles, doubles will begin after a last call for sign-ups.

When doubles thins out enough, singles will begin after a last call for sign-ups.

Brawl- will start as the singles bracket begins to finish.

The Rules

• 3 stocks
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items set to off and none

Starter Stages

Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages

Delfino Plaza
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

• Controller ports are decided by rock-paper-scissors, Game and Watch Judgment, coin flip, or whatever else you want.
  • The first stage is decided by striking. One player or team strikes one stage, the other player or team strikes two stages, then the other player or team strikes one more stage to leave only one left to play on.
  • Each player or team may choose to ban one stage from play during the set.
  • Loser of the previous matches picks the next stage, winner picks their character, then the loser picks their character.
  • If you are not at your station within three minutes of having your match called, you forfeit the first game. After five minutes, you forfeit the set. Do not disappear without letting the hosts know and do not ignore us when your match is called. I will gladly DQ people to make the event run more smoothly.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor will be decided first by stocks, then by percent.
  • Excessive stalling is banned. This includes Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape and all other glitches and using the Ice Climber's chaingrab or grab releases past 200% to eat up time. First offense gets a warning, second gets loss of stock, third gets loss of game.
  • A ledge grab limit of 40 will be in place to prevent abuse of the game's ledge mechanics. This only matters if the match goes to time.
  • Going under a stage multiple times before landing on the stage is banned. If you go under a stage, you must return to the main surface of the stage before going under the stage again. First offense gets a warning, second gets loss of stock, third gets loss of game.
  • King Dedede's standing and small-step chaingrabs are banned.
  • In the event of a suicide kill finish by Kirby or Dedede's swallowcides, Bowser's klaw, or Ganondorf's choke, the initiator of the move is declared the victor regardless of what the game says.
  • Wiimote and Classic Controller users must take out their batteries when not in a match. First offense gets a warning, second offense gets you DQed from whatever you're in, third offense gets you kicked out of the venue.

Low Tier Doubles Characters

The official AiB doubles tier list will be used, using the two lowest tiers.

Ike
Lucas
Sonic
Sheik
Mario
Jigglypuff
Zelda
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Falcon
Link
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Bowser

Low Tier Singles Characters

The old official SWF tier list will be used, with the inclusions of Bowser and Ness.

Ness
Bowser
Lucas
Ike
Yoshi
Mario
Captain Falcon
Samus
Jigglypuff
Zelda
Link
Ganondorf

Keep in mind that the characters are different for low tier singles and doubles!

Brawl- Rules

Stocks are changed to 4. All other rules apply.

Game one is always played on Smashville.

Legal Stages

Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1
Wifi Training Room
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza

AllisBrawl link! Please click the "I am attending this tournament" section if you're coming and spread the word!​

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Ness not in low tier doubles?! This is an abomination completely reasonable I slightly disagree but understand where you're coming from PK FIRE!!! eh wutev.
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dUnEZfI5cv0&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dUnEZfI5cv0&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Zucco

Smash Master
You should just take out PS2 and Warioware from the minus stage list.

hype for 30 minutes away.

ice climbers in low tier doubles......

interesting.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
This was an amazing first post with amazing music and an amazing tournament.

I will definitely try my best to make it. I've never been to one of these before. :laugh:

Edit for importance:

This is an hour and a half away from me. If anyone would give me a ride, it would be greatly appreciated. I will most likely be able to get transportation to and from some place closer to you (Teaneck houses in general, maybe Montclair)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I disagree with the LGL

i think this day might be my moms bday in the case it is i cant come if it isnt then im here, but im almost certain it is

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i said in the rom3 thread months ago i was gonna go

and didnt realize till now its likely my moms bday which outprioritizes both

i really wanna go to these thogh cause its closer to philly than normal nj tournies and is in a much nicer area. its just that the date doesnt work for me

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I will try and go, ICs in low tier doubles!? Yayuhz. Someone who mains a low tier and places well, team with me for this event (Kirin, Vex, YES!, etc)

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
hypehypehypehype

Edit: Holy ****, Sheik is legal in low tier teams?! Somebody team with me!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LOL @ how horrible this date is turning out for some people I was really hoping would go, especially because they always bring others. :(

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Really wanna come for low tiers, rarely any event's in MD/VA for low tiers.
So def. will try to make a presence. MD/VA where you at?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Definitely going to try to make this!
As long as i have money i'll go.
Looks like it will be a good time, good stuff lucas.

Also, love the payouts! :D
Good idea. I've always thought 1st getting more than 50% at big tournaments was ridiculous.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
can't troll here

this is on the same day as Tourneyplay and ROM3

there is a 0% chance of M2K coming when both of those events are on the same day as this

Teaming wit ADHD then.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Low... Tiers?

I'm definitely trying my hardest to make this.

Edit: IC's in low tier doubles? Meep team with me rofl.

Top Bottom