• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Long time since I've came here.
Anywho, I've finally finished my Inkling moveset. Opinions are very much welcome on it:

Inkling's moveset for SSB4:

Entrance: First is a squid then turns into a human.
Neutral Attack: Paintbrush slash
Dash Attack: Paintroller
Side Tilt: Slosher fling
Up Tilt: Heavy Splatling
Down Tilt: Paintbrush swipe
Side Smash: Charger
Up Smash: Ink Strike
Down Smash: Roller Ink fling
Neutral Aerial: Paintbrush spin
Up Aerial: Upward inkshot
Forward Aerial: Paintbrush forward swipe
Back Aerial: Inkzooka
Down Aerial: Down inkshot
Neutral B: Splattershot- Rapidly shoots ink
Side B: Splat Bomb- Throws a splat bomb, takes some time to detonate but does a lot of damage
Up B: Super Jump- Takes some time to charge but goes high
Down B: Squid- Turns into a squid, in this mode you can't attack but you will go faster
Final Smash: Kraken- Transforms into a Kraken. Similar to Down B except for a limited time, goes much faster, and can launch fighters when pressing the B button.
I like most of it. I notice a lot of people in this thread have similar moveset ideas which is inevitable the longer you speculate.

Would the splating fire forward or up? Also, this is the first time I've heard someone suggest that down b. Would it just enable you to go faste until you hit down b again?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I like most of it. I notice a lot of people in this thread have similar moveset ideas which is inevitable the longer you speculate.

Would the splating fire forward or up? Also, this is the first time I've heard someone suggest that down b. Would it just enable you to go faste until you hit down b again?
Splatling would fire up.
As for the down B, you'd be a squid until you hit down B again.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The best final smash is obv this:

Three Sacred Tuna Cans:
Inkling dons the Bubbler and an Inkzooka, on top of Bomb Rush.
Then the Inklings performs a combo of Inkzooka strikes and bomb explosions.

(Or a transformational Final Smash where you can press B for an Inkzooka shot and A for Bombs, all while having the Bubbler)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
But those two don't appear in the Single Player Campaign as Specials.
That is not relevant, especially if you consider the single player isn't the "main" mode of the game.
because it was dependent on how close you were to other fighters
For Ryu, yes, but Inkling is a different character with distinct mechanics. Obviously I am not expecting them to have three final smashes, but if that was the case, they could activate the first one being distant from the opponent(s), the second one being close and the third one mid air (regardless of distance).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That is not relevant, especially if you consider the single player isn't the "main" mode of the game.

For Ryu, yes, but Inkling is a different character with distinct mechanics. Obviously I am not expecting them to have three final smashes, but if that was the case, they could activate the first one being distant from the opponent(s), the second one being close and the third one mid air (regardless of distance).
yeah but how would it work theoretically

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
If we want multiple specials it'd be best just to do a "transformation" type of final Smash. The Inklings "Special Weapon Ready" final smash. Their hair begins to bubble and glow. It turns most of their moves into their special weapons.

Other than that I think the most appropriate FS would be Kraken or Inkstrike. I could say Killer Wail as well but I feel that would be too similar in concept to some of the beam final smashes.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
The thing with the Final Smash is the same as I see it in the Isaac Thread:
What do you want?
Do you want a stage wide nuke like Ness's PK Starstorm? In that case, go Inkstrike.
Or
Do you want a single target annihilation like Lucina's Critical? In that case, go Gold Dynamo Roller Squish.

I would think Kraken would be a rampage like Bowser's.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The thing with the Final Smash is the same as I see it in the Isaac Thread:
What do you want?
Do you want a stage wide nuke like Ness's PK Starstorm? In that case, go Inkstrike.
Or
Do you want a single target annihilation like Lucina's Critical? In that case, go Gold Dynamo Roller Squish.

I would think Kraken would be a rampage like Bowser's.
Mr. G&W. That is all I have to say.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
My Personal preference might have to be either Inkstrike or Kraken. Those two would be my preference for the Inkling's Final Smash.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
What about taunts? My three ideas were swinging their Splattershot in the air like during the "C'mon!" signal, holding out a Zapfish and pointing at it like the level clear screen of the single player campaign, and imitating the Squid Sisters saying "Stay fresh!" while doing their trademark pose.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Speaking of the Squid Sisters, I found this ****ing awesome Final Boss remix by Retrospecter. Its ****ing amazing imo. If they get in Smash (Inklings not Squid Sisters lol), this song better be in the game.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If they get in Smash (Inklings not Squid Sisters lol)
But...

...what if...

...the squid sisters get into Smash instead...

...yay or nay? What would be the Inkling's supporters thoughts on that, regardless of how unlikely it is to happen?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
But...

...what if...

...yay or nay? What would be the Inkling's supporters thoughts on that, regardless of how unlikely it is to happen?
I'd prefer either Squid Sister themed color alts or having them as alternate costumes.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
What about taunts? My three ideas were swinging their Splattershot in the air like during the "C'mon!" signal, holding out a Zapfish and pointing at it like the level clear screen of the single player campaign, and imitating the Squid Sisters saying "Stay fresh!" while doing their trademark pose.
I'd want the Zapfish to be in one of their win poses. For taunts I was thinking C'mon, Booyah, and Stay Fresh!

Last edited:

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Oh yeah, I listen to that a lot, but mostly the phase 1 part. :v
I'm surprised Phase 1 doesn't get much love.

But...

...what if...

I have no feelings, one way or the other.

Last edited:

Andyomon00

Smash Apprentice
NNID
andtomon00
3DS FC
0301-9874-0642
Hello, I voted on Inkling for the ballot a few months ago, and i have been watching this thread for a while now.

Basically I wanted to say hi for longtime and never did, so I'm doing this to say hi and say that i support inkling and you guys as well.

Quick question are you guys still adding to the supporter list?

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Hello, I voted on Inkling for the ballot a few months ago, and i have been watching this thread for a while now.

Basically I wanted to say hi for longtime and never did, so I'm doing this to say hi and say that i support inkling and you guys as well.

Quick question are you guys still adding to the supporter list?
Hi! Welcome to the crew! You should follow our Twitter @InklingsDLC! I don't know if we are still adding, but any support helps!

Top Bottom