• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I'm really starting to worry with all these costumes and so on, I want a full on character with a full moveset and everything: not a reskin for a virtual avatar... Besides, they don't even make the explosions globs of Ink. :(
Nintendo of America just responded that the costumes of characters do not ruin anything for any characters and you can still vote for them. So don't worry about the costumes anymore, we're pretty much back at square 1.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Really hope people send more votes... I am really starting to worry again. *sigh* If they don't get in then I'm going to probably be upset. :/

Guineapig126

Smash Journeyman
Hello there, good people of the Inkling Support thread! I've been thinking about who I wanted to support for a while besides my other two hopeless characters, and I decided that the Inklings would fit. I loved Splatoon, and the Inklings can provide very unique and tricky gameplay. I would love to be added to the supporters list. Thanks, and I hope you'll be seeing a lot more of me! (My inbox tends to break a lot, and it gets really annoying. smh)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hello there, good people of the Inkling Support thread! I've been thinking about who I wanted to support for a while besides my other two hopeless characters, and I decided that the Inklings would fit. I loved Splatoon, and the Inklings can provide very unique and tricky gameplay. I would love to be added to the supporters list. Thanks, and I hope you'll be seeing a lot more of me! (My inbox tends to break a lot, and it gets really annoying. smh)
Welcome to the Inkling support thread!
We really need to come up with a group name...

Also I love your username, guinea pigs 4 life.

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
I've seen you before, Lycia Alliance? Anyways, welcome!

Last edited:

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
I must admit, I used to think that the Inklings would not be contenders for Smash (especially when people were rallying before the game was even released). But now that I have experienced the game for myself, I see the immense potential and fun this character would bring to the table. I would really love to be on the supporter's list. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go back to playing Splatoon...

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I thought I'd like to share some awesome Splatoon/Fire Emblem fan art:

http://tecchen.tumblr.com/post/125623237003/why-arent-there-any-squidkids-in-my-fire

Oh, and I bought the Inkling Mii Costume a few days ago. Would much rather prefer the real thing, but this will unfortunately do in the mean time.
Thank you for sharing this! This is some awesome fan art!

Btw, where is the proof of Nintendo saying that costumes don't affect ballot chances? I'm trying to find it but to no avail...

Last edited:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Thank you for sharing this! This is some awesome fan art!

Btw, where is the proof of Nintendo saying that costumes don't affect ballot chances? I'm trying to find it but to no avail...
You're welcome.

In the K. Rool thread, several of the supporters called Nintendo employees and asked them about it, and the employees gave pre-written responses stating the costumes doesn't necessarily mean the characters wouldn't be winning the ballot (which means nothing, since it's not about winning, it's about getting the attention of Sakurai with a high number of votes).
However, most disregard this information as useless, simply because these are just regular Nintendo employees, and not actually either Sakurai, the higher ups, or members of the development team. Again, from what I recall, the employees only give scripted responses.

I honestly don't know if the costumes are a good thing or a bad thing. While I consider myself a cynical realistic who isn't the most optimistic about the chances of any character turned into a costume (consolation prize?), I cannot offer concrete evidence the costumes are even detrimental; it's only a pessimistic assumption, since there is no precedence for any of this. For all we know, the costumes could serve as an appetizer before the main course, and the Inklings could be playable. Testing the waters, so to speak. All I can say is set your expectations low so as to not disappoint, but remain hopeful. Anything is possible.

Last edited:

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Well, my Wii U won't read Splatoon anymore. Disc isn't dirty or broken, I cleaned it with a soft towel. it looks literally the same as my Smash Bros disc which runs perfectly fine as of right now.

R.I.P.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Well, my Wii U won't read Splatoon anymore. Disc isn't dirty or broken, I cleaned it with a soft towel. it looks literally the same as my Smash Bros disc which runs perfectly fine as of right now.

R.I.P.
Maybe the dirt has ninja squid on

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It's happening.

YAY! You know, I should re-watch this anime. It's one of those anime I REALLY got hooked on for a while, but for the life of me, I can't remember why I stopped watching it. Remind me, didn't someone who worked on Splatoon, work on this anime as well? I feel like I heard someone bring it up a couple of months before Splatoon was released, but I can't exactly remember when or who...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Gameplay Videos showcasing the Splatling Gun (Gatling Gun), Slosher (Bucket), New Urchin Underpass and New game modes.

Splatling Gun (Gatling Gun):

Slosher (Bucket Weapon):

New Urchin Underpass:

New Game Modes:

Edit:
In the New Game Modes video around 0:35, a new stage called Flounder Heights has been found:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I will definitely love the Gatling. It's the mix between the shooter and the charger.

We can see that we can charge up to 2 seconds for 4 seconds of shooting. (approximately)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

I just hope we can get this as an alternate costume!
Squidator Wins. Splatality. (I wonder what the Inklings think of this character in their world... Is it a superhero of sorts, or a villain...?)

Anyways, Ika-musume hype!!! :bluejump:(Though please be available outside of Japan too...) Really looking forward to this update, de geso! (If I can spare half an hour or so watching JoJo, why not spend some time watching Ika-Musume, Strider...?)

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Squidator Wins. Splatality. (I wonder what the Inklings think of this character in their world... Is it a superhero of sorts, or a villain...?)

Anyways, Ika-musume hype!!! :bluejump:(Though please be available outside of Japan too...) Really looking forward to this update, de geso! (If I can spare half an hour or so watching JoJo, why not spend some time watching Ika-Musume, Strider...?)
I was thinking the character is some sort of action hero. There is a action figure of it on a shelf in the room when you boot up the game.

Last edited:

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
So, should I make a Twitter page for the Inklings? (I know I keep talking about my other twitter page for Roy) I feel like it would really reach out to people!

Edit: ALL OF A SUDDEN MY SITE FOR THE INKLINGS FINALLY DECIDES TO ACTUALLY BE HELPFUL AND WORK WITH ME, THE SITE IS NOW FIXED!

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

I'm ready to start a miiverse/twitter/etc. socal media campaign if Nintendo doesn't release that costume outside of Japan.

(NB4 Operation Musume :4shulk:)

Top Bottom