• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Second Jump Recovery List and Discussion [SEPT 7] - 19 videos!

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I think he meant in the sense that Lucario often stops in place for his dair, as in when you jump and dair in quick succession, Lucario dairs very close to the ground, then lands. I think he meant that in that sense, aka the 'SHFFL'. >.>;

Anyways, last time I checked, it's possible to do it that way, but with roughly the same distance from the ground as going DOWNwards. (Checks)

Edited: had the direction wrong. OOPS
Yeah that's what I meant. XDD Thanks for clarifying.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Oh sorry. XD I got my terminology mixed up.

So... Pikachu's ISJR'd Uair juggle seems to be amazing. You can do two uairs while you're in the air, one while rising, and one at the peak of your jump, which may be fast falled in order to keep ISJRing. I say to use the uair twice as it greatly increases your changes of hitting the opponent, especially since it's such a fast attack.

@__o

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Makkun. Have you done any testing with Kirby? If so, could you post a video? I need something for the Kirby thread (I can't post videos) :(

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
Wow we found yet another USELESS glitch, this is incredibly hard to do offline, never mind online even in Green/Blue lag.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Wow we found yet another USELESS glitch, this is incredibly hard to do offline, never mind online even in Green/Blue lag.
I don't think it's actually useless. It could have potential use with some characters, but not a lot I think.

Also, no one takes online seriously.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Makkun. Have you done any testing with Kirby? If so, could you post a video? I need something for the Kirby thread (I can't post videos) :(
I could try some things! I'll work on it. :p

Right now I'm trying to float-ISJR Peach's aerials as close to the ground as possible. I've figured that Peach is probably going to benefit from ISJR the most, as soon as somebody figures out the timing.

Edit: Seconded, Dragz. :p

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I could help with the videos. Ideally, at one point, we will have videos for all characters. Right now, I'm working on Knockback/Launch Speed and KO power for Lucario, so I won't be able to make them any time soon, but once I'm done I'd be more than willing to make some videos for whatever character everyone wants.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I could help with the videos. Ideally, at one point, we will have videos for all characters. Right now, I'm working on Knockback/Launch Speed and KO power for Lucario, so I won't be able to make them any time soon, but once I'm done I'd be more than willing to make some videos for whatever character everyone wants.
That would be great, as I have an extremely hard time with SJRing multi-jump characters other than Dedede. x_x

@ICANTCOUNT: I don't think this is equivalent to L-cancelling nor is it gamebreaking. I even question the overall usefulness. I just want to provide as much information as possible in order to hopefully lead others to finding new techniques that may or may not result from this. Why can't anybody understand that?

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
That would be great, as I have an extremely hard time with SJRing multi-jump characters other than Dedede. x_x

@ICANTCOUNT: I don't think this is equivalent to L-cancelling nor is it gamebreaking. I even question the overall usefulness. I just want to provide as much information as possible in order to hopefully lead others to finding new techniques that may or may not result from this. Why can't anybody understand that?
Oh no, I'm not blaming you, In fact I commend you for finding something like this, but someone said on 1st page that it will be the "new broken AT of Brawl" or "it will finally separate scrubs from pros"

Keep in mind, this was only 1st page.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Thank you Makkun and Jeepy. In the Kirby section, people just look in the thread and leave. I think I need some Kirby videos before any real discussion happens,

I've been able to do SJR a few times, but I'm still struggling with timing. Whether this revolutionizes Brawl or just adds a mindgame technique, I will master this.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, I'm not blaming you, In fact I commend you for finding something like this, but someone said on 1st page that it will be the "new broken AT of Brawl" or "it will finally separate scrubs from pros"

Keep in mind, this was only 1st page.
Oh I see. XDD Well that's understandable. I thought your comment was toward me specifically. XD Thanks. B)

So yeah I think I'm gonna give up on Kirby for now. If anyone else wants to take it then go ahead. @__@ His Nair is going to be useless with this technique, his dair and uair might be okay, but it seems like his bair and especially fair are going to be able to exploit this for some WoP-like approaches.

Edit: Don't think I'm giving up on Kirby. XD I would just like to get some more 100%s for other aerials in the list before I make a full Kirby video. I too, would like to master this technique. :p Even if it's not a staple in the metagame, it definitely gives a lot of options.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Posting to confirm that Charizard Bair and Fair do work for ISJR, tested by Card a while back. Tried it myself also. Is video confirmation needed?

Fast falling Charizard bairs is awesome.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, Chaotic. (: And a video isn't needed, but would be appreciated for the sake of awesomeness.

Edit: Btw, Peach video. (: Example of what I meant by her float-ISJR being very useful and can be used quickly... well I don't do it very quickly, but I'll get it eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nhETm7LHAg

"This is an example of how Peach could float-ISJR in order cancel her second-jump and semi-rapidly perform aerials while regaining her second-jump AND float.

I only practiced this for a few minutes, but I'm sure with this example, many people will learn the timing and be able to do this very quickly.

I plan on uploading videos for all of her aerials being performed like this eventually."

Ramses99

Smash Rookie
Man, I wish I had some recording equipment. I managed to get Wario's dair to work with this but haven't had the time to work on the other aeriels. Say, does holding down the jump buttons only help multi-jump characters?

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe this wasn't discovered in the 1st week of this games existence.
It was discovered a couple months ago. We were just too stupid to realize how Charizard's uair infinite actually worked and that it could be applied to other moves. OOPS!

As to those wanting to learn how to do this, here's a flow I recommend if you STILL don't get it from the videos:

1. Start by learning how to do it with Charizard's uair. Probably easiest to start doing this with. I got it with her (never thought of it, did you? [lolPeanutsreferences,PM me if you don't know the reference]) in a matter of minutes a couple minutes ago (never tried it with Charizard before).

2. Then go and learn Snake's dair ISJR. Probably second easiest.

3. Now to learn how to LEDGEHOP SJR. Take Fox, go on ledge, and ledgehop (AKA, let go of ledge than double jump), then do fair, all as quick as you can do. Then mash jump (or time it if you know how).

4. Platform time! Take Fox, and do it... with his fair. Or try. Yes you can end it at higher heights and still SJR. >.>; You do it by instant double jumping from the ground, fair, then jump when you're about to hit the platform.

5. Now that you get how to do it, do it with whoever the hell you feel like.

The above flow should take a half hour to two hours on average to do, depending on your level of precision. Then just practice it.

P.S. If you do it right, again, there are NO EFFING DUST CLOUDS. Hehehe.

P.S.S. Don't feel pressured to learn it if you don't wanna. It's just a fun thing to do that MAY prove useful. Meh. =P

EDIT: Yes, holding down the jump button only helps multi-jump characters, if it helps at all.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Nice thread.
Now do you have to use the same move over and over in order to get the SJR or the ISJR, or can you switch? Like for example, Lucario, b-air, SJR, then U-air and still be able to preform the SJR.
thanks

bacun

Smash Rookie
I'd like to request a Lucas PK fire vid here... it might convince me to start playing the little bugger again.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yagi, that was too awesome. And so was the wall of manliness. Too good.

Btw, can anyone make some vids of Diddy doing it with the Fair/Bair? Some peoples have asked me for vids of it for reference.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
If no one has done it by the time I am finished testing some other stuff, I will make it.

Also, Makkun, Lucario's f-air can be FF'd as well. I'm still trying with b-air, and Im 99% sure you can't with n-air.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I really want to see someone do this with Wolf. This could make wall of Wolf even more useful. I got to go practice this.

MuBa

Smash Lord
This thread should definitely be stickied once this technique has been established to its full potential.

Edit: On a side note, since any attacked spammed (as long as it connects) becomes weaker, the ISJR may enable us to juggle like crazy with several characters w00t!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Lucario can make decent use of this with his Dair I find, since it allows him to do it rapidly in a WoP style. Pity it's hitbox is mainly below him, but it's still quite cool.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I need some REAL recording equipment. Camera + TV = no good. ):

I need to go to school. I'll answer questions in my first period.

Edit:

The next video I want to do is Diddy moving across the stage alternating multiple fairs and bairs. I'll hopefully be able to do this later tonight.

So far I haven't been able to SJR any special moves. Can I get video confirmation of any ISJR? Bacun requested a Lucas PK Fire video.

@Jeepy: Added Lucario's Fair FFability.

I'm glad somebody already likes the Peach video. :p I want to try and record myself doing quicker float-ISJR with other aerials, unless someone else can do it better.

I haven't tried this with Wolf yet, but it seems like his aerials might have too much lag on the end for this to be useful if I remember correctly... But then again I'm really not sure. I'll make sure to test him out.

@Psychoace: Yes, if I understand your question correctly, then yes it is possible. XD You just have to adjust your timing to the hitlag or whatever.

Bud

Smash Journeyman
the platform back a's is really awesome, this technique is becoming a real possibility. I saw some people in the vids get it over 3 times in a row. I guess I sould practice it like yall have been doing. I like the fact that its like 20 X harder than wavedashing and l cancel combined, which may eventually create a skillgap. But my question is do you think it can be done in fast brawl? Thats all we play and its so much faster than regular brawl( but not too fast like fast melee). Ill try it but im not very good at doing it. Though in fast brawl the arial to ground movement control you have is so fast it makes combo potential with out the technique, but it would be great to be able to perform like snakes back a on the platforms in fast brawl.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Lucas's PK Fire can be SJR'd. I'm not sure if it's an infinite though. It's a pain to do because depending on where you use it it causes Lucas to accelerate downward which makes for annoying timing. It also makes it so it has to be pretty high up which isn't going to be as useful.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I've confirmed for myself that Ike cannot ISJR his aerials.

This is only a theory, but it seems to me that an aerial can only be ISJR'd if the air time of your character's double jump is greater than or equal to the air time at which your character needs to auto-cancel the aerial in question. Therefore, instead of testing each aerial, you can just work it out in your head. I understand if you want to fill out the list with trials though.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Really good thread Makkun
thank you very much :)

i´ll try to learn this ASAP, because i think doing this with Charizards Bair/Fair will really improve charizard (my main)

maybe i can get a video, as soon as i can do it consistently :D

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Im interested in seeing where this goes.

maybe some of the pro will find things to do with it, and when they release vids of the next big tourny, all of us will be like "omg wtf WIN!"

Sliq

Smash Master
Just to be 100% clear on this, no part of this involves canceling move animation, correct?

I was pumped at first to hear about this thinking it's the new l-cancel, but I'm sad again because it isn't.

Also, do you have to actually do the buffered double jump, or can you opt to not jump, so if you get hit before touching the ground, even though you used your double jump, this technique gave it back so you can recover (you must recover, after all).

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i dont think so, because buffering the second jump makes the game screw up, so if you dont jump, you wont be able to regain your rejump, and if you jump, its already gone

Top Bottom