• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Second Jump Recovery List and Discussion [SEPT 7] - 19 videos!

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
this doesnt necessarily prove the ness ISJ is possible
if you pay close attention to the time where he gets it, his first 2nd jump is higher than where he ends for his starting on the ISJ, so if every bit of arial time was needed from the first 2nd jump you wouldnt be able to repeat it endlessly
Yes, but he doesn't start the side B til right before the peak of the double jump the first time, so by using simple math... Yeah, it's possible to ISJR it. Don't see much of a use there, but meh.

Dubz: as stated, the incorrect way's just a jump buffer. Not nearly as useful since you have the landing animation, than the jumping animation, which you can do already. Not having the clouds, aka no landing lag nor initial jumping lag, is the main point of this tech, so... :D It takes practice, we can tell that already. =P It'll probably be months to a year before someone takes the time to master this with a character, AKA chain moves into a ISJR. That would be...insane. and insanely useful, now that I think about it.

Pure-???

Smash Journeyman
Good job. seems that nearly any aerial can do it however.

Obviously specials are limited to ones that do not cause helplessness.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently uploading a video to Youtube of me successfully ISJRing Snake's Dair and it is well... amazing.

However the quality is sub-par and there's some background noise from my computer fan. >_> So if anyone sees the video and deems it not worthy, I can send the replay file via Wii message and have someone else upload it with a Gamebridge or capture card.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the fair shouldn't be too hard to time, but the nair messes with his falling speed so it will most likely make it harder to time. ):

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Man, I really gotta see if I can work this into my game. This is really really cool, and it'll make my WoPing much much easier.

**** yeah.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I can see Jigglypuff rising in the tiers if this becomes mastered. *__* Especially if it works with her pound, which I'm not sure of yet.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Nice vid
Idk but I can nvr do that w/ marth. After doing one bair than SJR'ing I can nvr seem to gain a another jump after doing bair again. Which makes me wonder if some moves which could be SJR'd b/c they were used w/ 1st and 2nd jump won't be able to SJR with just an SJR jump. Or it could just be my crabby timing. Wow this thing really needs a ton of testing and I thought you, Makkun, had done most of it. Dang we're not even close to halfway through in terms of thorough testing

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we're even close to ANYTHING done. XDD

And I'm almost positive Marth's bair is ISJRable. It might just have some weird timing.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Hmmm...I think the one issue with usability with this thing is that some second jumps are really huge (like Snake's). This prevents it from being a good approach tactic.

I'm gonna have to test this with R.O.B. to see if it's worth it for him.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I agree, those with high second jumps such as Mario, Luigi, and Diddy so far seem to be at a fault. However, trying to fit 2 or 3 aerials while going up and coming down is possible, and can actually help your timing.

Snake's high double jump actually helps him, since his moves all take so long, and they are incredible. @__o

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know. !O:

I'm wondering how using a Classic Controller changes anything... they are supposed to be more responsive than GCN controllers, right? I have a Classic Controller but I'm too lazy to try it out right now. XP

CKaiser

Smash Apprentice
anyone test what happens if you hit a shield or another character with an ISJ aerial? The timing would probably get thrown off because of hit stun, so it'd be good to know if it can still be done or if the mechanics get screwed up. Link's Nair should be good to test because it's a rather long lasting attack and could probably hit an opponent before the animation is done. I don't have the resources to test but I think it's rather important

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
I'm using a classic controller. It works... quite well for this. o.O Except that with tap jump ON, it's easier to accidentally jump/double jump when you don't mean to. >.>;

It probably doesn't change much, doesn't look like it to me, at least. =P

EDIT: I think if you hit someone or a shield, the attack would end at the same time in relation to the ground, and you'd have to hit jump a teeny bit later. But I'll check. BRB

EDIT2: Doesn't seem to matter. >.>; If it makes a slight difference, it's so slight that it doesn't matter. To me, at least. =P

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was thinking about the timing for when you hit another character... I haven't been able to test this yet, but I hope it doesn't make it impossible. )':

And I'll have to try out the classic controller. XP

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I was thinking about the timing for when you hit another character... I haven't been able to test this yet, but I hope it doesn't make it impossible. )':
Nah. It seems to be mostly the same. Your character seems to still move downward while hitting the opponent, and the attack SEEMS to end at the same place. I'll check more... in 1/4th mode. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

EDIT: Oh poo. You have to change the jump timing. But you buffer the jump anyways. Since it just freezes, the attack seems to end at the same place, since the duration of the attack isn't used when hit. Just slightly different jump timing.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
I checked through other means. The main matter is not the jump timing, it's easy to change (and on characters with a single double jump, you can press one jump button than another in quick succession to make up for this). The attack freezes, but guess what? The character position also freezes. So the attack SHOULD end at the same place, which is the main difficulty. Just gotta get used to... reacting and changing the jump button timing! HORRAY!

... or just use two jump buttons. But that doesn't work well with multi-jump characters, since you could accidentally use a jump. Meh. =P

EDIT: With the shield, same thing, except you actually have to react to this one. So... yeah. >.> But you can see if it's gonna hit or not usually, so you can actually REACT to this.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Makkun:
Last I checked, Zamus doesn't have a Zair.
Hahaha how dumb of me. XDDD

I thought it was weird when Ekaru didn't list it.
I think Zamus is the only character I don't really know all the moves for. I think I've played as her once or twice...

But thank you. :D

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
^Don't feel bad. I had to check it myself. I was like, 'wait, does Zamus even have a zair? I think she does!' *checks* 'Oh.'

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Epic discovery.

Seriously though. This is the "wavedash" of Brawl... The technique that, 7 years from now, casual elitists will be pointing at and saying that we exploit the game, and thus, we suck.

At least, imo >_>

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I hope so. >_> I've always wanted to be part of something important in Smash. XDD I don't live near any big tournament spots so I can't make my mark by winning tournies or anything. XP

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
OKAY THAT THING I SAID ABOUT FAST FALLING BEING HELPFUL... YEAH

Makes it a LOTTT easier. I tried Pikachu's Nair and got it my first try. I can do it like 3 out of 5 tries and I've only been doing it for about 2 minutes. o_o

FAST FALL YOUR ISJRs!!!!!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
OKAY THAT THING I SAID ABOUT FAST FALLING BEING HELPFUL... YEAH

Makes it a LOTTT easier. I tried Pikachu's Nair and got it my first try. I can do it like 3 out of 5 tries and I've only been doing it for about 2 minutes. o_o

FAST FALL YOUR ISJRs!!!!!
List of which ones can be fast-falled would be useful.

I could test that (along with the other things) when I get the tech down, though if somebody else tests it first that would be useful as well.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
List of which ones can be fast-falled would be useful.

I could test that (along with the other things) when I get the tech down, though if somebody else tests it first that would be useful as well.
Yes I definitely want to put a "-fast fallable" next to each one that can be fast falled in the currently existing list. However, that would involve me actually going in and making sure the current list is 100% accurate. -_-; Help from people would be MUCH appreciated.

Starting now, I'll underline aerials in the list that I'm 100% sure are ISJRable.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Lucas's PK Fire is an infinite. So is his Down B. All of Lucas's aerials are confirmed to be infinite as well. I've tested it plenty and you can trust me on Lucas.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Alright I underlined the aerials that I'm 100% sure of. I was extra careful. >_> I didn't underline even if I was 99% sure. I only underlined ones that I've done before or I've been told are 100% sure.

Now to fastfalling!

???????

Smash Journeyman
Mario's cape works for ISJR but only after you've used his first "recovery cape" (Any cape after Mario's first cape can be used for ISJR).

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
But wouldn't that mean after it's been SJR'd, the recovery cape is recovered as well? Or would you use the recovery cape on the way up from the SJR and then the normal cape on the way down and ISJR that?

Are you sure it's ISJRable and not just SJRable?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
man, I've been unable to ISJR with R.O.B. I can eeeeasily do it with Marth, but not at all with R.O.B. I can only do the half-***** one where you get the dust because he touches the ground.

Jeebus this is difficult.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Makkun... I've said since I figured out how this worked that fast falling the SJR would make it easier to time as you're controlling when it hits the ground ^_^''

Not only that, but it speeds the ISJR up, which helps juggling more. All-in-all FFISJR > ISJR.

Top Bottom