• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were in charge of roster picking for an upcoming Smash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm a bit surprised how many people here suggest Impa, and how many dare to say she'd have to replace Sheik. It is acceptable to say so now? I think we're moving to a new era of posperity people!
Hyrule Warriors did a lot for her. I went from being a casual supporter, to having her in my top wants for Smash 5...although I've never really liked Sheik, since it's just Zelda in different clothes.

..if only we coulda had Vaati in Hyrule Warriors too...

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Scatman has shown up, and there will be Vaati propaganda. :evil::demon:

Alright, I'm going to assume that the game will be out in a few years, so I can make this as realistic as possible (unless someone can tell me the future for me)
[collapse=Veterans]
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::rosalina:
:4drmario::4yoshi::4wario:
:4dk::4diddy:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink:
:4samus::4zss:
:4pit::4palutena:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinf::4lucina:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:
:4fox::4falco::wolf:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::mewtwopm::4greninja:
:4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob:
:4falcon::4littlemac::4mii::4ness::4olimar::4shulk::4villager::4wiifit:
:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman: (49)
[/collapse]

[collapse=Alternate Costumes]
:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4alph::4wiifitm::4robinm::4wario2:Daisy for Peach :4darkpit::4villagerf:
[/collapse]

[collapse=Changes to Veterans]
Wario uses more Wario Land attacks in his movepool
Ganondorf, Toon Link, Doctor Mario, Lucina, and Wolf are futher Luigi-fied.
Dr.Mario now represents his own franchise.
[/collapse]

[collapse=High Priority Newcomers]
Captain Toad (Mario series): Long overdue for a playable slot. Like others have said, weight changing is his gimmick, which also changes his other stats.

Dixie Kong (DK series): One of the most important females in Nintendo history, I honestly don't see why she was left out of Smash 4.

Impa (Zelda series): Probably the next most important Zelda character, she'd fight between a mixture of her Skyward Sword incarnation and the Hyrule Warriors incarnation, but her appearence would be completely Hyrule Warriors style.

Vaati (Zelda series): Did anybody really doubt him being on my list? If you want to see my arguments, just look at the OP in my sig. Should direct you to the Vaati thread.

Ridley (Metroid franchise): Another character that should have been in Smash 4, and Metroid is in pretty heavy need of another character.

Meowth (Pokemon series): Closest thing to a main villain the Pokemon franchise has, and he's still very popular. Would take the spot of Jigglypuff, while Jigglypuff is the Pokeball.

Grovile (Pokemon series): Partially due to bias, partially due to 3rd gen representation, partially due to uniqueness of the moveset, partially due to starter trinity, and partially due to hi ability to represent Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. That's alot of partially's.

Matthew (Golden Sun): Golden Sun is definitely deserving of a playable character,and Matthew seems to be taking the series as it's protagonist now.
(57)
[/collapse]

[collapse=New 3rd Parties]
Black Mage (Square Enix): I want to have a Square Enix character and I've been debating between him and a Bravely Default character. Overall, I went with Black Mage, since he's part of Final Fantasy, one of the company's biggest franchises. That, and I like mages.

Snake: One of the most influencial video game characters out there, and I want a Konami character, and Snake fits the bill perfectly, and my friend also wants him too, so I have no problems.
(59)
[/collapse]

[collapse=Lower Priority Newcomers]
King K.Rool: Unique and popular, he will be moved to high priority if DK continues strong, and he returns in an upcoming DK game.

Dark Samus: Would represent Metroid well also, especially the Prime games. Can become a clone if push becomes shove.

Viridi: Would definitely be a fun character to play as, and is one of my personal favorite Kid Icarus characters, and one of the most important. She would have a moveset revolving around nature, and the Reset Bomb would be her Final Smash

Bandana Dee: Definitely becoming a much more important character in the Kirby franchise, so wynaut?

Samurai Goroh:Another big character in Nintendo. Not much to say here.

Saki: I always found him really interesting and unique, and he'd represent another franchise, so he'd be fine with me.

Sami:Would represent the last of the major franchises not yet represented. She can be a Snake semi-clone, if push becomes shove.

Lucas:A popular veteran, to say the least. I'm pretty sure anybody would be fine seeing him return.

Rhythm Wrestler and Reporter: Would represent a growing franchise, and could fight in rhythm. I'd be completely fine with this.

Shantae:Would represent the indie games, and she'd also have a very unique moveset. (I'd probably make Shovel Knight an Assist Trophy)
[/collapse]

Last edited:
Cut everyone, re-assess the characters and add them back as needed. Then come up with 10-15 new characters who convey the spirit of Nintendo, are from lucrative/memorable/popular games, and will get people excited for the new Smash. The final roster shouldn't be much bigger than SSB4's because we're already teetering on excessive.

However, since planning for the next Smash is still a few years off and I don't have exact information to work on, I'll try to do this the fun way...

[collapse='The cast']
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff

Peach
Bowser
Zelda
Sheik
Marth
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Ganondorf - Not with a whole new moveset; people like him how he is.

Wario
Meta Knight
Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Olimar
Diddy Kong
Charizard
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario
R.O.B.

Mii
Rosalina & Luma
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Villager
Palutena
Robin
Duck Hunt
Bowser Jr.
Shulk
Greninja

Inkling - I hope this game is successful because its characters are awesome.
Takamaru - Following Charizard and Little Mac, he's the support character who gets promoted.
King K. Rool - I have a feeling he's in the same boat as Ridley for his usual depiction as massive, but we'll see.
Daisy - With a moveset themed after Super Mario Land, since the love for that game is appallingly little so far.
Impa - One of my favorite recurring Zelda characters, I wouldn't mind "crowd-thrashing" moves taken from Hyrule Warriors.
Mach Rider - A reinvention of this guy is overdue.
Kirby's Animal Friends - Rick with Coo on his back and Kine in his hands like a gun... I'd be hyped!
Pokémon X - Hopefully it takes all the similarities among Mewtwo, Lucario and Greninja, and does the opposite.
Intelligent Systems Character X - Probably from Fire Emblem, but there's also Code Name STEAM to consider.
New Series Protagonist X - I hope it's something cool, like it's amorphous or has a bunch of arms.
and lastly...
A new F-Zero racer if that series gets a rennaissance before SSB5. A new character, ideally, and not Goroh or Black Shadow.
[/collapse]

[collapse='Cuts']Sonic :(
Pac-Man :(
Mega Man :(
Dark Pit :(
Dr. Mario :(
Lucina :(
Toon Link :(
Falco :(
Ness :( until DLC!

The guests have had the best of their series in Smash already and have little else to give. The three clones are the bane of everyone's existence. Toon Link will be unnecessary since I expect the "semirealistic vs toon" fork in the Zelda series will finally end. Falco is still too derivative of Fox, and Ness is from the only series that is explicitly stated to be over.[/collapse]

Btw, as for which characters actually will or won't return next time, I wonder if the developers are gathering online data to see which characters will or won't be missed, if you get me. Playing as your favorite character online frequently may be like casting votes for their return.

Last edited:

Bighands-Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2380-4982-0219
Veterans:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4wario::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4samus::4pit::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4marth::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard::mewtwopm::4ness::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4gaw::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4mii:
These characters are either from the "original 12" (the ones that have appeared in all Smash games since 64), are extremly popular to the point where cutting them off would cause anger in the community (see: what happened to Mewtwo) or have important roles in franchises that are vital to rep.
:4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4myfriends::4lucario::4rob::4sheik::4tlink::4shulk::wolf::popo::snake:
Characters that are very popular but are not precisesly staple. They have very good chances to reapear but they are not 100% guaranteed.
(Regarding the special case of Sheik: even if they are very popular among fans, the separation from their Zelda counterpart makes them a better candidate to replace given that they haven't had a relevant role since Ocarina and their moveset can be given to characters like Impa anytime.)
:4greninja::4littlemac::4robinm::rosalina::4wiifit::4zss::squirtle::ivysaur:
Characers that would be missed purely because of practical (moveset) reasons but that are otherwise very replaceable. All these could easily be assist trophies/pokeball spawns just as much as full-fledged characters.
:4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4palutena::lucas::roypm::pichumelee:
Forgettable characters or clones that can easily be replaced with another face (or should I say skin?)

Newcomers:

• Toad
  • Dixie Kong
  • Ridley
  • Any new Pokémon
  • Inkling
These characters are either very relevant in their franchises to not be considered or are from IPs that Nintendo is sure to catter to in order to increase sales.
  • King K. Rool
  • Another Zelda rep (Impa or Vaati as the most popular)
  • Bandana Dee
  • Star Fox rep (I think returning Wolf would be enough but, given that nintento is reviving the franchise, probably Krystal or a new character from the upcoming game would also be included.)
  • Fire Emblem rep (Lyn, Anna, Chrom and Hector are the most requested from what I've seen)
  • Rhythm Heaven rep
  • Another retro character (Most probably Balloon Fighter or Excitebiker)
  • A rep from a not-as-famous-IP (Wonder Red, Chibi-Robo, Dillon, etc)
  • 3rd Party character (Bomberman, Rayman and Bayonetta the most plausible)
Characters that are not as relevant to their franchises or to Smash as a whole but that have been highly requested by fans.
(Regarding 3rd Parties: I'm on Sakurai's side on this one. Smash is mainly a Nintendo game. 3rd parties are an extra, but they shouldn't be a priority. Here lies a problem between fans and practical issues; 3rd parties are very hard to negotiate to in order to appear in the game but, given Megaman and Pac-man's inclusion in the roster, it's probably going to be expected from fans to have at least one more 3rd party rep going on, most probably from Konami in order to have the four biggest japanese video game companies involved. In that case, Bomberman or Snake are the most probable. Snake has already been in one game and is very popular but, on the other hand, Bomberman is practically the mascot of the company and fits the Smash-verse better.)
  • Another Mario rep besides Toad (Paper Mario, King Boo)
  • Yoshi and/or Wario reps (Kamek and Ashley, most probably)
  • Dark Samus
  • Kid Icarus rep (Viridi, Medusa, Magnus, idk)
  • Another Mother rep (Porky, Paula as a replacement for Lucas)
  • Another Animal Crossing rep (Tom Nook, Isabelle)
These don't have a huge following or support outside their fandom. They could be assist trophies just as much as full-fledged characters, so they're worth to at least take a look to.

Considering all this, my roster would probably be:

• Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser/Toad/Bowser Jr./Rosalina
  • Yoshi
  • Wario
  • Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong
  • Link/Zelda/Sheik (or Impa)/Ganondorf/Toon Link/Vaati (in case Sheik stays)
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus/Ridley
  • Kirby/Dedede/Metaknight
  • Fox/Falco/Wolf (or any other Star Fox rep)
  • Marth/Ike/Lyn/A Fire Emblem character from a future game
  • Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Charizard/Mewtwo/Lucario/a new Pokémon
  • Ness
  • Captain Falcon
  • Pit
  • Villager
  • Olimar
  • Marshal or any Rythm Heaven Rep
  • Shulk
  • Inkling
  • Mr Game & Watch/ROB/Duck Hunt/Ice Climbers/Balloon Fighter (now all grouped in a new "Retro" universe)
  • Sonic/Mega Man/Pac-Man/Bomberman or Snake

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
Veterans:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Rosalina & Luma
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Pit
Palutena
Dark Pit
Duck Hunt Duo
Shulk
Marth
Ike
Mii
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Little Mac
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Ness
Captain Falcon
Fox
Falco
Wii Fit Trainer
Villager
Olimar
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Solid Snake

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
Also one of the newcomers who will come will be the protagonist from the Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I'll try to do this
Returning vets:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4wario::4gaw::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda:/:4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus:/:4zss::4pit::4palutena::4marth::roypm::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4littlemac::4fox::4falco::wolf::4pikachu::4charizard::mewtwopm::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::popo::4duckhunt::4ness::lucas::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4darkpit::4shulk::4megaman::4sonic:
Cut:
:4rob::4drmario::4lucina::4pacman::4miibrawl:/:4miisword:/:4miigun:
Newcomers:
Isaac
Ray 01
Bandana DeeSaki
:4alph:
Captain Toad Impa (Takes :4sheik:'s moveset)
Krystal
Samurai Goroh
Rayman
Completley delconed:
:4ganondorf::wolf::roypm::4darkpit:
Demoted to alt:
:4drmario:[:4mario:] :4lucina:[:4marth:] :younglinkmelee:[um. :4tlink:]
Returning as pokeballs:
:132:

Last edited:

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
Returning vets

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Rosalina
Wario
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf(revamped movset)
Fox
Falco(revamped moveset)
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Lucario
Greninja
Charizard
Captain Falcon
Ness
Ice Climbers
Marth
Ike
Robin
Mr Game & Watch
Pit
Palutena
Olimar
ROB
Little Mac
WFT
Villager
Shulk
Duck Hunt
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-man

Vet that was cut:

Wolf(revamped B-moves and Final Smash)

Either cut completely or demoted to an alt:

Miis
Jigglypuff
Toon Link
Dr Mario
Dark Pit
Lucina

Newcomers:

Captain Toad
King K.Rool
Dixie Kong
Takamaru
Mach Rider
Captain Rainbow
Mike Jones
Lip
Simon Belmont

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
VETERANS
Smash 64:
1. Mario (With 8 Dr. Mario costumes)
2. Donkey Kong (With 8 Funky Kong costumes)
3. Link
4. Samus
5. Yoshi
6. Kirby
7. Fox
8. Pikachu
9. Jigglypuff (When on paper, yes, Jigglypuff is not the best rep for Pokemon, but Puff offers a fun and unique style)*
10. Captain Falcon
11. Luigi
12. Ness (With 8 Lucas costumes)

Melee:
13. Peach (With 8 Daisy costumes)
14. Bowser (With 8 Dry Bowser costumes)
15. Zelda
16. Sheik
17. Ganondorf (Completely reworked, reasonings later)*
18. Falco*
19. Mewtwo*
20. Ice Climbers
21. Marth (With 8 Roy costumes + voice clips)
22. Mr. Game and Watch*

Brawl:
23. Wario
24. Diddy Kong
25. Zero Suit Samus
26. Meta Knight (With 8 Galacta Knight (unvoiced) costumes)
27. King Dedede
28. Wolf*
29. Lucario
30. Ike
31. Pit
32. Olimar
33. R.O.B.*
34. Snake*
35. Sonic

Smash 4:
36. Rosalina & Luma
38. Bowser Jr.*
38. Greninja
39. Robin
40. Lucina (New Final Smash, along with new neutral and side Bs, and a new Down Smash)*
41. Palutena
42. Dark Pit (Given the Viper Bow as a neutral B, doing 1% of damage to a hit opponent for 3 seconds, along with a new Down B and Up B)*
43. Little Mac
44. Villager
45. Wii Fit Trainer
46. Shulk
47. Duck Hunt*
48. Mega Man
49. Pac-Man
50-52. Mii Fighters

NEWCOMERS
53. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)*
54. Skull Kid (Zelda)*
55. Ridley (Metroid) (With 8 Meta Ridley costumes)*
56. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
57. Scizor (Pokémon)
58. Genesect (Pokémon)*
59. Black Shadow (F-Zero, Given Ganondorf's old weight and moveset with long grab range and a flick of a chain for an up tilt)*
60. Masked Man (Mother, With 8 Damaged Claus costumes)*
61. Waluigi (Wario(?), Given a varied and wacky moveset, can swim in the air to recover)*
62. Isaac (Golden Sun)
63. Professor Layton (Professor Layton)*

Reasoning:
*Skull Kid: Skull Kid is an interesting character. Shown to have magical abilities when paired with Majora's Mask, Skull Kid could have many moves for Smash. Not only this, but he would also represent the N64 Zelda games, as he appeared in both those games. (Plus, he could bring us a Clock Town or Great Bay stage)
*Ridley: Much reasoning for Ridley is shown on many other sources. Instead of just repeating them, I'd suggest researching the many other claims of why Ridley should be playable. I'll just say he has many abilities that could easily be put into Smash, as as his claws, bites, and fireball projectiles.
*Scizor: Scizor could be a slow but powerful fighter, with a fast falling speed but multiple jumps. Scizor would focus on melee attacks and grabs.
*Black Shadow: F-Zero is in need of attention and representation. Black Shadow could be an answer. By getting Ganondorf's old moveset, the fans who played as Ganondorf wouldn't be upset when Ganondorf receives the moveset he deserves. Plus, he would also bring more representation to F-Zero.
*Charizard cut: While Charizard is a favorite of many Pokémon fans, it is important to give representation to not just the beginning of Pokémon, but all of it. Scizor, and specifically Genesect, would shine light to the interesting newer Pokémon.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've been waiting a week to post this.
Some notes: Since this is a hypothetical roster anyway, several of my choices are based on what I think will happen outside of Smash, such as certain franchises getting new games. I also am working under the assumption that it will be a new director, meaning the director of this new Smash is not beholden to the traditions of previous Smash games.

With that said, here it is.

Dream Roster Roster.png

Newcomers:
*Note: This list is going by series with the exception of Ridley.

Ridley:
Revealed at E3 2018, Ridley is the single-most popular newcomer request in the US. He is a fast fighter in the air, but slow and powerful on the ground. His Final Smash is Meta Ridley.

Captain Toad:
Included due to the demand and popularity for Toad. His moveset involves changing the load of his huge backpack to alter his weight and power. Has Toadette as an alternate costume.

King K. Rool:
King K. Rool is a powerful heavy-weight who switches between three costumes to change his arsenal. One of the most intensely demanded newcomers worldwide.

Dixie Kong:
Sharing many moves with Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong fights using her ponytail and bubblegum in place of Diddy's popgun and tail. Added due to having similar popularity to King K. Rool.

Midna:
Serving as a brand-new Zelda character, Midna rides a phantom wolf into battle and they attack together in unison, Midna using her hair and the wolf biting and scratching. Included due to the popularity of the character and to promote the remake of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Impa:
Impa, being a Sheikah master herself, uses the same techniques as Sheik used to use in combat. Her Final Smash is different however, creating a Triforce Barrier and blasting the enemy with magic power. Sheik is an alternate costume for her.

Venusaur:
Ivysaur from Super Smash Bros. Brawl has evolved and returned to the battle as Venusaur. Its moveset is mostly the same, but it has a new down special move and Final Smash.

Ashley:
Added to promote the success of the new Wario games. Ashley uses her magic wand, which is actually her partner Red, to transform into various dangerous objects. She was barely chosen over Waluigi for her spot.

Excitebiker:
Added as the traditional retro character, Excitebiker stays mounted on his bike at all times, attacking with wheelies and bike tricks. Their movesets takes inspiration from Mach Rider.

Isaac:
Isaac uses earth magic to unleash huge magic attacks from a distance, and uses his sword to keep enemies away. Added due to his popularity and has Matthew as an alternate costume.

Sami:
Sami's moves are inspired by old shoot-em up games. She uses various guns and explosives in battle and summons artillery and infantry to help her out.

Ringside Duo:
The Wrestler and Reporter from Rhythm Heaven appear as a tag team. The Reporter asks the Wrestler questions and praises, and by answering and posing with proper timing, the teams attacks become stronger! Added due to the sucess of Rhythm Heaven.

Inkling:
Inklings were added due to the success of the Splatoon series. They use their various weapons and tools to cover the stage in ink and gain control over it. Each different costume has a different color of ink.

Goku:
Goku, added to be a surpise newcomer and due to Dragon Ball games' popularity, fights using various martial arts and ki techniques. In order to use these abilities Goku must have ki energy, which he gains from fighting and powering up. At full ki power, Goku can turn into a Super Saiyan.

Veterans:

- Mario: Same as in Smash 4. Has Dr. Mario as an alt.
- Peach: Same as in Smash 4.
- Bowser: Same as in Smash 4.
- Luigi: Redesigned to use the Poltergust in some of his moves.
- Bowser Jr.: Same as in Smash 4. All Koopalings and Jr. now have 4 colors.
- Rosalina: Name shortened to just 'Rosalina', as she uses multiple Lumas.
- Wario: His side special is now the Shoulder Bash, and Wario Bike is now his Down Special.
- Yoshi: Same as in Smash 4.
- Donkey Kong: Same as in Smash 4, but is a bit faster.
- Diddy Kong: Same as in Smash 4, however his air attacks launch a bit farther.
- Link: Has a new, younger design and voice, and is a lot faster than before.
- Zelda: Has a new, younger design as well, but her moveset is mostly the same.
- Ganondorf: Has been completely redesigned, using the Trident of Power and dark magic.
- Samus: Same as in Smash 4, but is redesigned to match the new Metroid game.
- Zero Suit Samus: Same as in Brawl, but retains Rocket Jump. Has new alt colors based on Ending cutscenes.
- Kirby: Same as in Smash 4, but Hammer returns as his Side Special.
- Meta Knight: Same as in Smash 4, but his regains his glide ability.
- King Dedede: Same as in Smash 4.
- Fox: Has a new look and voice to match Starfox U, but otherwise is the same as Smash 4.
- Falco: He is now completely decloned from Fox. The Arwing is his Final Smash now.
- Wolf: He is the same as in Brawl, but redesigned to match Starfox U.
- Pikachu: Same as in Smash 4.
- Jigglypuff: Same as in Smash 4.
- Mewtwo: His moveset is a hybrid of his Smash 4 and Melee moves.
- Charizard: Same as in Smash 4.
- Lucario: Same as in Smash 4.
- Greninja: Same as in Smash 4.
- Captain Falcon: Has a new look and voice based on the new F-Zero game and some new moves.
- Ness: Now borrows some moves and animations from Lucas, but otherwise the same. Has Lucas as an alt.
- Marth: Slightly slower and stonger than Smash 4, and has more range. Redesigned to look tougher.
- Ike: Same as in Smash 4.
- Robin: Redesigned to resemble the Tactician from the new Fire Emblem.
- Lucina: Almost completely decloned from Marth, and is much faster. Has her masked version as a costume.
- Pit: Same as in Smash 4.
- Palutena: Mostly the same as Smash 4, but her Special moves are a bit different, and she has a new Final Smash where she summons her army.
- Olimar: Returns to using six Pikmin, but uses still uses Wing Pikmin.
- Villager: Same as in Smash 4, but has more costumes.
- Little Mac: Same as in Smash 4.
- Wii Fit Trainer: Same as in Smash 4, but redesigned to match the new Wii Fit.
- Ice Climbers: Same as in Brawl, but has a new up special: Condor.
- Mr. Game & Watch: Same as in Smash 4.
- R.O.B.: Same as in Smash 4.
- Duck Hunt: Same as in Smash 4, but only summons one gunman.
- Shulk: Mostly the same as in Smash 4. Has new costumes.
- Sonic: Mostly the same as in Smash 4, but has a new side special, Boost Dash.
- Mega Man: Mostly the same as in Smash 4.
- PAC-MAN: Same as in Smash 4.
- Mii Fighters: As custom moves are gone, their default specials are different.

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
The only cuts are Young Link and Pichu. Both are costumes for Toon Link and Pikachu. All clones (bar Ganondorf) range from semiclones to sharing one or two moves.
[collapse=Starting Veterans]
:4mario::4peach::4bowser::rosalina:
:4yoshi:
:4wario:(His moveset now takes material from more games)
:4dk::4diddy:
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf:(Reworked. His speed is the same, but he floats like Plautena and Metanight when dashing)
:4samus:/:4zss:
:4pit:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm:
:4kirby::4dedede:
:4fox:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::squirtle::ivysaur:
:4falcon:
:4ness:
:4olimar:
:4shulk:
:4villager:
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman:
[/collapse]
[collapse=Unlockable Veterans]
:4luigi::4bowserjr::4sheik::4tlink::4palutena::roypm::4lucina::4metaknight::4falco::wolf::4jigglypuff::mewtwopm::4lucario::lucas::4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob::popo::4littlemac::4wiifit::snake:
[/collapse]
Newcomers:
Captain Toad (Captain Toad): *Insert weight mechanic here* He was chosen over Toad because of his higher moveset potential. He is counted as his own series. Alts: Toad Brigade, Toadsworth, and Toadette. (Spoiler?) His final smash summons Draggadon. Unlockable

Boshi (Yoshi): He's a faster, lighter semiclone of Yoshi. He doesn't encase himself in an egg when attacking and shielding and his recovery is a biting lunge upward. What makes Boshi unique, is when his neutral B is used, spikes jut out on his back. They do slight damage to an attack, if he's hit from behind with a physical attack. However if he's attacked from the front, he receives more damage than normal. His tilts and aerials involve these spikes or biting. His final smash is similar to Yoshi's, except he uses Melee attack, as opposed to shooting fire. Unlockable

Ashley (WarioWare): I've never played a WarioWare game, but the movesets I've seen for her look awesome. Wario is also starved for representation (not as bad as some games, but it still deserves two reps). She can scroll through spells to change her opponent's status when holding her Neutral B. A shot is fired when the button is released and hit a second time.

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country): She's obviously next in line to be playable. She is a semiclone of Diddy, and uses a helicopter recovery and her guitar instead of a banana peel. Her hair has been used for her tilts, some smashes, and some aerials, her hair also gives her the longest, non-tether grab range.

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country): He uses a rage mechanic, where if he's attacked enough without attacking himself, he can unleash a deadly cannon shot. Rage mode can only activate after K. Rool hits 100%, but his heavy weight makes it worth it. It takes a considerable amount of attacks for it to be significant, so he can't sit there until he's built up enough rage to attack. The reader his eye gets, the more angry he is. Rage mode can't be canceled with an opponents attack, and it doesn't wear out unless he's KO'd. It kills at 80% on most characters. Alts: Captain, Barren, and Boxer costumes. Unlockable.

Impa (Legend of Zelda): As one of the longest reappearing characters in LoZ, she deserves the spot. She uses water magic for her specials, and a sword for her tilts and smashes. Her aerials use both.

Ridley (Metroid): Ridley is the most iconic and most appearing villain of the Metroid series. His uses a flight mechanic that will have his eyes glow when his flight is about to run out. He mainly uses his claws and shoots fireballs for attacking. His down throw is what you'd expect. He has two Meta-Ridley and one Roidley alt. For his final smash, he shoots a giant fire blast across the stage. The last unlockable character.

Dark Samus (Metroid): It represents the Prime series of Metroid. It's a semi clone of Samus, and the Phazon it shoots has a unique effect. I honestly can't think of a moveset right now, I might add one later. Unlockable.

Krystal (StarFox): Krystal uses her staff for most of her attacks, and she only shares her recovery and reflector with Fox. Her final smash summons a giant crystal around her opponents in front of her, and it can only be broken by her. Once broken, it doubles the knock back from the attack.

Torterra (Pokémon): Torterra is an unloved and forgotten Pokémon to many, but if Diamond and Pearl get remade, Torterra will receive relevancy and possibly popularity. He has been shown to be able to cling to walls in the anime, and he uses his head, jaws, and tree instead of punching/kicking. When he uses Leaf Storm, leech seeds will spring off of the attack and can latch onto the opponent, when he uses Earthquake a grass knot that trips opponents will appear underneath him, and hen he uses rock slide stealth rocks will hover where the attack was used.

Medusa (Kid Icarus): As the main villain of Kid Icarus (Hades isn't the main villain, by that logic the Snowmads are the main enemies in DKC), Medusa deserves a spot. As much as I want Viridi, the series doesn't deserve that many reps. Medusa's neutral B can stun her opponents, and at full charge it has a 10% chance to inflict full shield-stun. Her snakes attack with her tilts and aerials. Her final smash is her true form.

Magolor (Kirby): He is one of the true villains of Kirby, and his moveset could bring something different to the table. His final smash is his true form.

Bandanna Dee (Kirby): He deserves to be in over Magolor for several reasons. 1.He has more games and is still getting more. 2.He has a weapon, that hasn't been brought to the table yet. 3. He has a higher fan demand.

Masked Man (Mother): If Mother 3 gets translated and remade, then he and Lucas will represent it well. He uses a sword and arm cannon for attacking. He is considered a hero. Unlockable. (Mother 3 got teased, I consider that confirmation that it's coming.)

Samurai Goroh (F-Zero): Rounding off the final representation for the original series, Samurai Goroh wields his sword. He has great recovery despite his size and weight. He is slightly slower than Captain Falcon. Unlockable.

Inkling (Splatoon): There's not much to say. Splatoon seems like it's going to be extremely popular if Nintendo plays their cards right. The single player aspect is what sold me on it, since I didn't want to pay for a shooting multiplayer, even as different as Splatoon is. The Inklings use the weapons they can acquire for their attacks. All Inkling colors are alts.

Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles): Xenoblade was a good-sized series before Chronicles, and with X coming soon it will get even bigger. Even though Nintendo just bought it recently, that doesn't mean the past games don't exist. This series is big enough for two characters. Cross can cycle through his weapons mid battle. Unlockable.

Plasm Wraith (Pikmin): The only feasible rep that isn't a captain.

Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western): If he gets an other game, he's almost guaranteed a spot.

Isaac (Golden Sun): I'm expecting him as DLC is Smash4, but if that doesn't happen hopefully he'll be in 5.

Mach Rider (Mach Rider): The only reason the Excitebiker wasn't added was because Sakurai wasn't sure how to have him jump. Mach Rider is more popular, and has more potential for a moveset. In a game where humans can jump TWICE in the air, a biker jumping shouldn't look too weird. The only question is, is Mach Rider a man or woman? Unlockable.

Saki (Sin and Punishment): He is unlikely, but if he gets a reboot he's almost guaranteed. His sword/gun would be a cool mechanic if it would change how it attacked based on his range.

Sami (Advance Wars): Advance Wars is one of the biggest Nintendo series that doesn't have a character. Since Sami is one of the most popular characters from the series, she deserves the spot.

Lucina uses Aether, which restores her health slightly when it hits, Galeforce boosts her speed when she gets a KO, and she now uses a bow for her Neutral B. She rides a Pegasus giving her three jumps.

Roy uses his sword in a way that will fire a flame. The sword swing also does damage, but it isn't as powerful. His final smash summons the new wielders of the Legendary Weapons of Elibe in a cutscene.

Dr. Mario is DLC. He can combine his pills to become more powerful, and a virus to attack with him.

Dark Pit is DLC. He uses the Dark Pit staff in his moveset.

Black Shadow is DLC. Gannondorf's old moveset with a few slight changes has been given to him. He is free DLC. He also shouts Shadow Punch!!! and Shadow Kick!!! when he attacks.

I know it's a lot of characters, but it's my roster.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I've been waiting a week to post this.
Some notes: Since this is a hypothetical roster anyway, several of my choices are based on what I think will happen outside of Smash, such as certain franchises getting new games. I also am working under the assumption that it will be a new director, meaning the director of this new Smash is not beholden to the traditions of previous Smash games.

With that said, here it is.

View attachment 34611

Newcomers:
*Note: This list is going by series with the exception of Ridley.

Ridley:
Revealed at E3 2018, Ridley is the single-most popular newcomer request in the US. He is a fast fighter in the air, but slow and powerful on the ground. His Final Smash is Meta Ridley.

Captain Toad:
Included due to the demand and popularity for Toad. His moveset involves changing the load of his huge backpack to alter his weight and power. Has Toadette as an alternate costume.

King K. Rool:
King K. Rool is a powerful heavy-weight who switches between three costumes to change his arsenal. One of the most intensely demanded newcomers worldwide.

Dixie Kong:
Sharing many moves with Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong fights using her ponytail and bubblegum in place of Diddy's popgun and tail. Added due to having similar popularity to King K. Rool.

Midna:
Serving as a brand-new Zelda character, Midna rides a phantom wolf into battle and they attack together in unison, Midna using her hair and the wolf biting and scratching. Included due to the popularity of the character and to promote the remake of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Impa:
Impa, being a Sheikah master herself, uses the same techniques as Sheik used to use in combat. Her Final Smash is different however, creating a Triforce Barrier and blasting the enemy with magic power. Sheik is an alternate costume for her.

Venusaur:
Ivysaur from Super Smash Bros. Brawl has evolved and returned to the battle as Venusaur. Its moveset is mostly the same, but it has a new down special move and Final Smash.

Ashley:
Added to promote the success of the new Wario games. Ashley uses her magic wand, which is actually her partner Red, to transform into various dangerous objects. She was barely chosen over Waluigi for her spot.

Excitebiker:
Added as the traditional retro character, Excitebiker stays mounted on his bike at all times, attacking with wheelies and bike tricks. Their movesets takes inspiration from Mach Rider.

Isaac:
Isaac uses earth magic to unleash huge magic attacks from a distance, and uses his sword to keep enemies away. Added due to his popularity and has Matthew as an alternate costume.

Sami:
Sami's moves are inspired by old shoot-em up games. She uses various guns and explosives in battle and summons artillery and infantry to help her out.

Ringside Duo:
The Wrestler and Reporter from Rhythm Heaven appear as a tag team. The Reporter asks the Wrestler questions and praises, and by answering and posing with proper timing, the teams attacks become stronger! Added due to the sucess of Rhythm Heaven.

Inkling:
Inklings were added due to the success of the Splatoon series. They use their various weapons and tools to cover the stage in ink and gain control over it. Each different costume has a different color of ink.

Goku:
Goku, added to be a surpise newcomer and due to Dragon Ball games' popularity, fights using various martial arts and ki techniques. In order to use these abilities Goku must have ki energy, which he gains from fighting and powering up. At full ki power, Goku can turn into a Super Saiyan.

Veterans:

- Mario: Same as in Smash 4. Has Dr. Mario as an alt.
- Peach: Same as in Smash 4.
- Bowser: Same as in Smash 4.
- Luigi: Redesigned to use the Poltergust in some of his moves.
- Bowser Jr.: Same as in Smash 4. All Koopalings and Jr. now have 4 colors.
- Rosalina: Name shortened to just 'Rosalina', as she uses multiple Lumas.
- Wario: His side special is now the Shoulder Bash, and Wario Bike is now his Down Special.
- Yoshi: Same as in Smash 4.
- Donkey Kong: Same as in Smash 4, but is a bit faster.
- Diddy Kong: Same as in Smash 4, however his air attacks launch a bit farther.
- Link: Has a new, younger design and voice, and is a lot faster than before.
- Zelda: Has a new, younger design as well, but her moveset is mostly the same.
- Ganondorf: Has been completely redesigned, using the Trident of Power and dark magic.
- Samus: Same as in Smash 4, but is redesigned to match the new Metroid game.
- Zero Suit Samus: Same as in Brawl, but retains Rocket Jump. Has new alt colors based on Ending cutscenes.
- Kirby: Same as in Smash 4, but Hammer returns as his Side Special.
- Meta Knight: Same as in Smash 4, but his regains his glide ability.
- King Dedede: Same as in Smash 4.
- Fox: Has a new look and voice to match Starfox U, but otherwise is the same as Smash 4.
- Falco: He is now completely decloned from Fox. The Arwing is his Final Smash now.
- Wolf: He is the same as in Brawl, but redesigned to match Starfox U.
- Pikachu: Same as in Smash 4.
- Jigglypuff: Same as in Smash 4.
- Mewtwo: His moveset is a hybrid of his Smash 4 and Melee moves.
- Charizard: Same as in Smash 4.
- Lucario: Same as in Smash 4.
- Greninja: Same as in Smash 4.
- Captain Falcon: Has a new look and voice based on the new F-Zero game and some new moves.
- Ness: Now borrows some moves and animations from Lucas, but otherwise the same. Has Lucas as an alt.
- Marth: Slightly slower and stonger than Smash 4, and has more range. Redesigned to look tougher.
- Ike: Same as in Smash 4.
- Robin: Redesigned to resemble the Tactician from the new Fire Emblem.
- Lucina: Almost completely decloned from Marth, and is much faster. Has her masked version as a costume.
- Pit: Same as in Smash 4.
- Palutena: Mostly the same as Smash 4, but her Special moves are a bit different, and she has a new Final Smash where she summons her army.
- Olimar: Returns to using six Pikmin, but uses still uses Wing Pikmin.
- Villager: Same as in Smash 4, but has more costumes.
- Little Mac: Same as in Smash 4.
- Wii Fit Trainer: Same as in Smash 4, but redesigned to match the new Wii Fit.
- Ice Climbers: Same as in Brawl, but has a new up special: Condor.
- Mr. Game & Watch: Same as in Smash 4.
- R.O.B.: Same as in Smash 4.
- Duck Hunt: Same as in Smash 4, but only summons one gunman.
- Shulk: Mostly the same as in Smash 4. Has new costumes.
- Sonic: Mostly the same as in Smash 4, but has a new side special, Boost Dash.
- Mega Man: Mostly the same as in Smash 4.
- PAC-MAN: Same as in Smash 4.
- Mii Fighters: As custom moves are gone, their default specials are different.
A kenith list without Ghirahim? Just how long have I been away form speculation?:crazy:

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
So, If I took Sakurai's place for the Next Smash Bros.
First, It needs a Title.
Super Smash Bros: CIVIL SMASH!/Smash 6 {kind of creative Nick S}
now onto the best thing of Smash. CHARACTERS!!!:joyful:
Starting Veterans:
:4mario::4bowser::4peach::rosalina:
:4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::4wario:(His moveset now takes material from more games.}
:4link::4zelda:/:4sheik::4samus:/:4zss:
:4pit::4palutena::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4littlemac:
:4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::popo:
:4ness::lucas::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit:
:4shulk::4megaman::4sonic:?

Unlockable Veterans
:4luigi::4bowserjr:
:4gaw:
:4ganondorf::4tlink:
:4marth::roypm:
:4falco::wolf::mewtwopm::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt:
:4falcon::4darkpit:
Newcomers:
Magnus (Kid Icarus) "The mightiest human swordsman of all time" He was chosen over Medusa because of his higher moveset potential As a playable character, Magnus is only capable of melee attacks with his massive sword and doing a dash kick attack.
Captain Toad (Mario)
Included due to the demand and popularity for Toad. His moveset involves changing the load of his huge backpack to alter his weight and power. Has Toadette as an alternate costume.His final smash summons Draggadon.
Ashley (Wario): I've never played a WarioWare game, but the movesets I've seen for her look awesome. Wario is also starved for representation (not as bad as some games, but it still deserves two reps). She can scroll through spells to change her opponent's status when holding her Neutral B. A shot is fired when the button is released and hit a second time.
Bandanna Dee (Kirby): He deserves to be in over Magolor for several reasons. 1.He has more games and is still getting more. 2.He has a weapon, that hasn't been brought to the table yet. 3. He has a higher fan demand.
Isaac (Golden Sun): I'm expecting him as DLC is Smash4, but if that doesn't happen hopefully he'll be in 6.
Krystal (StarFox): Krystal uses her staff for most of her attacks, and she only shares her recovery and reflector with Fox. Her final smash summons a giant crystal around her opponents in front of her, and it can only be broken by her. Once broken, it doubles the knock back from the attack.
Samurai Goroh (F-Zero): Rounding off the final representation for the original series, Samurai Goroh wields his sword. He has great recovery despite his size and weight. He is slightly slower than Captain Falcon. Unlockable.

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
So, If I took Sakurai's place for the Next Smash Bros.
First, It needs a Title.
Super Smash Bros: CIVIL SMASH!/Smash 6 {kind of creative Nick S}
now onto the best thing of Smash. CHARACTERS!!!
Starting Veterans:
:4mario::4peach::4bowser:
:4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::4wario:(His moveset now takes material from more games.}
:4pit::4palutena::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4littlemac:
:4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::popo:
:4ness::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit:

Unlockable Veterans
:4marth::roypm:
:4falco::wolf::mewtwopm::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt:
:4falcon::4darkpit:
Newcomers:
Magnus (Kid Icarus) "The mightiest human swordsman of all time" He was chosen over Medusa because of his higher moveset potential As a playable character, Magnus is only capable of melee attacks with his massive sword and doing a dash kick attack.
Captain Toad (Mario)
Included due to the demand and popularity for Toad. His moveset involves changing the load of his huge backpack to alter his weight and power. Has Toadette as an alternate costume.His final smash summons Draggadon.
Ashley (Wario): I've never played a WarioWare game, but the movesets I've seen for her look awesome. Wario is also starved for representation (not as bad as some games, but it still deserves two reps). She can scroll through spells to change her opponent's status when holding her Neutral B. A shot is fired when the button is released and hit a second time.
Isaac (Golden Sun): I'm expecting him as DLC is Smash4, but if that doesn't happen hopefully he'll be in 6.
I'm flattered that you copied my reasoning/moveset potential for the newcomers :p.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Alright, gonna try this more professionally
Veterans:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4drmario::rosalina::4bowserjr:
:4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::4wario:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4ganondorf:
:4samus::4zss:
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::pichumelee:
:4fox::4falco::wolf:
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::roymelee:
:4falcon::4ness::lucas:
:popo::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:
:4olimar::4alph::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4shulk:
:4miibrawl::4miisword::4miigun:
:4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:
Newcomers:
Captain Toad(Mario): Popular due to having his own game. Weight gimmick. Toadette, other Toad Brigade, and Toadsworth alts.

Funky Kong(Donkey Kong): Sorta relevant. This one is more personal bias than anything. Also, would be more unexpected than Dixie or King K. Rool.

9-Volt(Wario): People always say Mona or Ashley, but who fits a Nintendo crossover game more than a Nintendo fan. More representation for Wario also. Pretty unique moveset using different Nintendo objects.

Impa(Zelda): Pretty popular lately. Not really who I would pick, but fan demand. Mix of Hyrule Warriors moveset and Sheik-like agility.

Tetra or Vaati(Zelda): Could go with either. Both could rep the Toon games.

Anthony Higgs(Metroid): Ridley is too big. Anthony isn't. He could have a lot of moveset potential. Personal bias again.

Gallade(Pokémon): Once again, personal bias. If Kanto can have that much representation, why not Sinnoh? Phychic type that's not Mewtwo. Mega Evolves as Final Smash.

Sceptile(Pokémon): Gen 3 representation. Grass type. Advertisement for Hoenn remakes. Starter. Also Mega Evolves.

Leon Powalski(Starfox): Smash needs more villains. Leon would be fairly unexpected, as everyone else expects Krystal. Non-clone. Final Smash uses his Rainbow Delta. Can also turn invisible.

Bandana Dee(Kirby): Rapidly becoming more relevant and popular. Has a spear, which no character has used before in Smash.

Magnus(Kid Icarus): Four Kid Icarus characters?!!!11!! YES!!!

Black Shadow(F-Zero): F-Zero is starved for representation. Again, more villains are needed.

Poo(Earthbound): Earthbound isn't really starved for representation, but more is nice. Poo has a ton of moveset potential, and he just fits.

Isaac(Golden Sun): His assist trophy is gone, and Golden Sun is pretty popular. He is more than a regular swordsman, and has lots of fan demand.

Andy(Advance Wars): There has been nothing but the assist trophy, and Advance Wars is a big franchise, so why not a character.

Inkling(Splatoon): Already so much hype for this. New IP representation. Unique ink shooter moveset.

Rhythm Heaven character: It doesn't matter if it's Chorus Kids or Karate Joe or whatever, but a Rhythm Heaven character.

Endou Mamoru(Inazuma Eleven): Who would ever see this one coming? No one. Super unexpected with lots of moveset potential with his goalkeeper hissatsus.

Decloned:
Dr. Mario: New Final Smash. Different A attacks except for forward smash and down air.
Toon Link: New Final Smash.
Ganondorf: All new moveset.
Roy: All new moveset.
Falco: Arwing Final Smash. New side and up B.
Wolf: New specials and Final Smash.
Dark Pit: Some different A moves. New down B.
Lucas: New Side, Up, and Down B. New Final Smash.
Alph: Completely different moveset including Rock Pikmin.

Cuts:
:4lucina::mewtwomelee:

Last edited:

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Mine is gonna be less subjective and more logical.

As for changes to the Smash 4 roster veterans, cut the three clone characters ( Doc, Lucina, Dark Pit ), bring back Roy decloned, bring back Wolf decloned, and bring back Ice Climbers. Maybe Lucas if Mother 3 is released in the states. Also declone Ganondorf, Falco, etc.

Newcomers ( in order of series appearance in roster )
Smash 64 :
- Dixie Kong ( DK )
- King K. Rool
- Ridley( Metroid )
- Porky( Earthbound )
Melee :
- nobody basically
Brawl :
- Medusa( Kid Icarus )
- Pikmin character
- Knuckles ( Sonic )
Wii U/3DS
- Proto Man/Bass( Mega Man )
- Mii Trickster ( characters like Diddy, Snake, Bowser Jr, Mega Man, Duck Hunt, Greninja, R.O.B., Inkling, and Wario )
- Mii Spellcaster ( characters like Kamek, Shulk, Issac, Robin, Palutena, Zelda, Lucario, Mewtwo, and Pit )
- Mii Glider ( characters like Kamek, Ridley, Kirby, Meta Knight, Charizard, and Pit )
New Series :
- Issac ( Golden Sun )
- Inkling ( Splatoon )
- Andy ( Advance Wars )
- Custom Robo ( sort of like Bowser Jr and Palutena in that each skin is a different character and hia custom moves are wildly different )

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Veterans

Smash 64 Vets:

1. Mario (new Final Smash based on his fire special move from Super Mario RPG, Dr. Mario as a alternate costume)
2. Donkey Kong (Up Special changes to DK blasting from a barrel, Down Special changes to DK throwing a barrel arcade style and Final Smash changes to the 'Boss Beating' animation from DKCR)
3. Link (stays the same)
4. Samus (stays the same)
5. Yoshi (Final Smash changes to Eggdozer)
6. Kirby (stays the same)
7. Fox (stays the same)
8. Pikachu (stays the same)
9. Luigi (stays the same)
10. Captain Falcon (stays the same)
11. Ness (Final Smash changes to PSI Rockin)
12. Jigglypuff (stays the same)

Melee Vets:

13. Peach (stays the same)
14. Bowser (stays the same)
15. Zelda (stays the same)
16. Sheik (new Final Smash based on Sheiks combos from Hyrule Warriors)
17. Ganondorf (new moveset based on his magic and the sword)
18. Falco (luigified further and uses an Arwing for his Final Smash)
19. Mewtwo (uses Mega Mewtwo Y as a Final Smash)
20. Pichu* (keeps cloned moveset and damage mechanic, buffed from Melee)
21. Ice Climbers* (stays the same)
22. Marth (stays the same)
23. Roy* (quasi-clone of Marth)
24. Mr. Game and Watch (stays the same)

Brawl Vets

25. Wario (has a few Wario Land moves now)
26. Diddy Kong (stay the same)
27. Toon Link (Deku Leaf as new Up Special, Final Smash changes to Ballad of the Gales)
28. Zero Suit Samus (stays the same)
29. Meta Knight (stays the same)
30. King Dedede (Final Smash changes to Masked Dedede)
31. Wolf* (new Final Smash involves Star Wolf assaulting the stage)
32. Squirtle* (Final Smash changes to Hydro Pump)
33. Ivysaur* (Final Smash changes to Solar Beam)
34. Charizard (stays the same)
35. Lucario (stays the same)
36. Lucas* (PK Love as new Final Smash)
37. Ike (stays the same)
38. Pit (stays the same)
39. Olimar (has 8 colours now instead of 4)
40. R.O.B (stays the same)
41. Sonic (stays the same)
42. Snake* (stays the same)
Wii U/3DS Vets

43. Rosalina (stays the same)
44. Bowser Jr. (stays the same)
45. Greninja (stays the same)
46. Robin (stays the same)
47. Lucina (semi clone of Marth)
48. Palutena (stays the same)
49. Alph (upgraded from alt to clone, uses Rock Pikmin and Winged Pikmin instead of Purple Pikmin and White Pikmin)
50. Little Mac (stays the same)
51. Duck Hunt (stays the same)
52. Villager (stays the same)
53. Wii Fit Trainer (stays the same)
54. Shulk (stays the same)
55. Megaman (stays the same)
56. Pac Man (stays the same)
57. Mii Fighters (All 3 types)

*Returning after being cut from past installments

Cuts

1. Young Link - We've already got a 'Young version of Link' in the form of Toon Link who better separates himself from Link visually than Young Link.

2. Dr. Mario - Demoted to alt with all his special moves as custom moves for Mario.

3. Dark Pit - Demoted to alt because of bad reception. Keeps his unique voice clips.

Newcomers

58. Captain Toad - Popular Mario character and completes the main Mario cast. Stores items and projectiles in his backpack which increases his weight and uses items from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker such as Turnips, Mine carts and the Pickaxe.

59. Paper Mario - Represents the the popular Paper Mario sub-series and Mario RPG's in general. Some moves require FP (see MegaMarioMan9's moveset in the Paper Mario support thread for more details) and is one of the lightest characters on the roster.

60. King K. Rool - Most popular newcomer in the world, King K. Rool finally brings his crown, blunderbuss, copter pack, electricity and kannon balls to Smash. The Kredits appear when uses his Final Smash.

61. Dixie Kong - Popular Donkey Kong character, Dixie uses a moveset that focuses on her hair and bubblegum popgun. Shares a few of her normal moves with Diddy.

62. Impa - Most recurring Zelda character after the three wielders of the Triforce. Based on Hyrule Warriors incarnation.

63. Ridley - Highly controversial, but popular Metroid character, Ridley is an excellent air fighter but a not so good ground fighter. For his Final Smash Ridley transforms into Meta-Ridley.

64. Bandanna Dee - Uses a spear. Megaton Punch as Final Smash

65. Black Shadow - F-Zero racer Black Shadow takes Ganondorf's old moveset with a few tweaks.

66. Plasm Wraith - Main Antagonist of Pikmin 3 (and possibly future Pikmin titles) Plasm Wraith has a very unique moveset were the more damage he takes the smaller and faster he gets. Specials focus on the Elemental Plasm and transforms into the Mysterious Life Form.

67. Exitebike - Retro character. Represents customization similar to how Duck Hunt represents light gun gaming

68. Issac - Popular newcomer from the Golden Sun series, Issac focuses on Venus Psynenergy

69. Andy - Advance Wars rep. Uses a tank similar to how Bowser Jr. uses the Koopa Clown Car

70. Monita - Surprise character, Monita from Nintendo Land uses moves based on the various attractions found in Nintendo Land.

Last edited:

OrangeStarCO

Smash Rookie
NNID
quicktrip4
3DS FC
5215-0500-7582
If I were to choose, I would have all the veterans from Sm4sh (including Mewtwo), as well as Roy, Lucas, and Wolf returning, along with a few newcomers:

Wonder-Red (Wonderful 101)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
Andy (Advance Wars)
Paper Mario (Paper Mario)

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Everyone in smash 4 returns and Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit go back to being alts. Making room for 3 more to fill in their place.

So far 48 characters.

Here's my 12 new additions':
1)Dixie Kong
2)King K Rool
3)Ridley
4)Medusa
5)Mother Brain
6)Wolf
7)Krystal
8)Toad
9)Style Savvy Stylist
10)Sami(Advance Wars)
11)Bayonetta
12)Tetris

Alt characters:
-Ninten(Ness Alt)
-Lucas(Ness Alt)
-Paula(Ness Alt)
-Louie(Olimar Alt)
-Brittany(Olimar. Alt)
-Blood Falcon(Captain Falcon Alt)
-Dark Meta Knight(Meta Knight Alt)
-Dry Bowser(Bowser Alt)
-Shadow Queen(Peach Alt)
Mr. L(Luigi Alt)
Toadette(Toad Alt)
Cosmic Spirit(Rosalina Alt)
-Morgan(Robin Alt)
-Chrom(Ike Alt)
-Roy(Marth Alt)
-Yarn Kirby(Kirby Alt)
-Impa(Sheik Alt)

Every character with a character alt gets the little Mac treatment and gets 16 costumes.

Ex) Ness gets 4 , Lucas 4, Paula 4 and Ninten 4. Total 16
Bowser gets 8 and Dry Bowser gets 8. Total 16

Character Alts barely take any time to make.

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Alright, going to try this more professionally.
Starting Veterans:
:4pit::4palutena::4myfriends::4robinm:
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4littlemac:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::popo:
Unlockable Veterans
:4darkpit::4marth::roypm:
:4falco::wolf::4falcon:
:mewtwopm::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt:
Cuts
:4drmario::4lucina::4lucario::4pacman:And All 3 :4mii:'s
Newcomers:
Captain Toad (Mario): Popular due to having his own game. Weight gimmick. Toadette, other Toad Brigade, and Toadsworth alts
His final smash summons Draggadon.
Paper Mario (Mario) : Represents the popular Paper Mario sub-series, is one of the lightest characters on the roster
Dixie Kong (DK) :
Popular Donkey Kong character, Dixie uses a moveset that focuses on her hair and bubblegum popgun. Shares a few of her normal moves with Diddy.
King K. Rool (DK) :
Most popular newcomer in the world, King K. Rool brings his crown, blunderbuss, copter pack, electricity and kannon balls to Smash.
Impa (Zelda) : Most recurring Zelda character after the three wielders of the Triforce,Mix of Hyrule Warriors moveset and Sheik-like agility.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I feel like there needs to be a way to standardize the layout of these rosters so as to encourage discussion of them.
I am admittedly hard-pressed to read every roster on this page, but I will make some comments:

Alright, going to try this more professionally.
Starting Veterans:
:4pit::4palutena::4myfriends::4robinm:
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4littlemac:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja::popo:
Unlockable Veterans
:4darkpit::4marth::roypm:
:4falco::wolf::4falcon:
:mewtwopm::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt:
Cuts
:4drmario::4lucina::4lucario::4pacman:And All 3 :4mii:'s
Newcomers:
Captain Toad (Mario): Popular due to having his own game. Weight gimmick. Toadette, other Toad Brigade, and Toadsworth alts
His final smash summons Draggadon.
Paper Mario (Mario) : Represents the popular Paper Mario sub-series and Mario RPG's in general is one of the lightest characters on the roster
Dixie Kong (DK) :
Popular Donkey Kong character, Dixie uses a moveset that focuses on her hair and bubblegum popgun. Shares a few of her normal moves with Diddy.
King K. Rool (DK) :
Most popular newcomer in the world, King K. Rool brings his crown, blunderbuss, copter pack, electricity and kannon balls to Smash.
Impa (Zelda) : Most recurring Zelda character after the three wielders of the Triforce,Mix of Hyrule Warriors moveset and Sheik-like agility.
There are practically no new characters here...and the only new ones that did get added are from Mario, DK and Zelda. I feel like if you're trying to professional a couple of new IP characters will be added, and a new Pokemon. Not to mention, there is now one too many Mario characters...
Also, thanks for cutting my only two mains. :(

If I were to choose, I would have all the veterans from Sm4sh (including Mewtwo), as well as Roy, Lucas, and Wolf returning, along with a few newcomers:

Wonder-Red (Wonderful 101)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
Andy (Advance Wars)
Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
I'm glad your first instinct isn't to cut the three clones...I also like the newcomer choices. I just wish there were more.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I feel like there needs to be a way to standardize the layout of these rosters so as to encourage discussion of them.
I am admittedly hard-pressed to read every roster on this page, but I will make some comments:

There are practically no new characters here...and the only new ones that did get added are from Mario, DK and Zelda. I feel like if you're trying to professional a couple of new IP characters will be added, and a new Pokemon. Not to mention, there is now one too many Mario characters...
Also, thanks for cutting my only two mains:4lucina::4lucario:. :(
I'm out

Last edited:
ehh i'll bite

veterans
smash 4 roster. . .nearly
cuts
:4mii:
low priority (basically cut)
:4zss::4wiifit::4greninja::4drmario:
high priority alts
:4lucina::4darkpit: Poo (alt of :4ness:)

so that brings it to 43. time to bring in more characters
return of
:mewtwopm::roypm::wolf::icsmelee::snake:
:lucas:has PK love

newcomers
Dixie Kong- non-clone that should have been in ages ago. DK is way to well known to only have 2 characters. . .

Viridi- i have bias and she has a better future than Hades and maybe medusa and more move potential/importance than magnus

:4ganondorf:-is the same other than maybe down b
instead we have
Ganon- pig ganon uses trident thing and magic. bigger character like Bowser.

Tetra- oh hey more personal bias

Bandanna Dee- important character and I have a bias for spear users

Melia (xenoblade chronicles)- more bias more spear using and moveset potential everywhere

Captain Toad- toad but better well known and generally well-liked

Wonder Red- totally not to get viewtiful Joe playable wonderful moveset potential and a very likeabale character from a game way too underrated

Rayman- no comment

Tiki(fe)- interesting character that turns into a dragon

Porky- most "deserving" rep in Mother being recurring and important

Ridley- no brainer important contoversial etc. don't feel like arguing

assist trophies
Kumatora - uses various offensive pk moves and lifeup
Doc louis

:4wario2:has wario land moves

:4tlink:is more decloned
:4falco::4tlink::4sheik: get new FS
:4dk:fs range scales with map size

alts
:4peach:daisy
:rosalina:cosmic
:4sheik:impa

:4pacman:ms pac man
:4bowser:dry
:4falcon:blood falcon va?
:4metaknight:galacta

:4luigi: doesn't use a terrible pose and uses abetter one like brawl:luigi2:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Characters in parentheses are unlockable.
Veterans
:mario2:
(:luigi2:)
:peach:
:bowser2:
:rosalina:
(:4bowserjr:)
:pikachu2:
(:jigglypuff:)
:lucario:
:mewtwopm:
:4greninja:
:link2:
:zelda:
:ganondorf:
(:sheik:)
:4tlink:
:kirby2:
(:metaknight:)
:dedede:
:dk2:
:diddy:
:samus2:
:zerosuitsamus:
:falcon:
:fox:
:falco:
:marth:
(:ike:)
:4robinm:
(:ness2:)
(:olimar:)
:warioc:
:pit:
(:4palutena:)
(:4littlemac:)
:yoshi2:
:gw:
:rob:
(:popo:)
(:4duckhunt:)
:4villager:
(:4shulk:)
(:4miibrawl:)
:4miigun:
:4miisword:
:sonic:
:4megaman:
:4pacman:

Newcomers
(Daisy)
(Paper Mario)

Zoroark
(Midna)
Bandana Waddle Dee
Bonkers
King K. Rool
(Black Shadow)
Krystal
Ninten
Isaac
(Baby Mario)
(Urban Champion)
Daitoryo
Starfy
(Takamaru)
Dynal
Chibi-Robo
Mii Elemental
(Mii Prankster)
Maxwell
Black Mage

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I am back Alright, going to try this more more professionally
Characters in parentheses are unlockable
:4mario:(:4luigi:) :4peach::4bowser::rosalina:(:4bowserjr:) :substitute:
:4dk::4diddy::substitute::substitute::4yoshi::4wario::substitute:
:4link::4zelda:/:4sheik::4ganondorf: (:4tlink:):substitute:(:substitute:)
:4samus:/:4zss::substitute::4pit::4palutena:(:4darkpit:) :substitute::4kirby:(:4metaknight:):4dedede::substitute:
:4fox:(:4falco:} (:wolf:} :substitute::4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja:(:4mewtwo:)(:4lucario:)(:substitute:} (:4jigglypuff:)
:4ness::4lucas:(:4falcon:)(:substitute:) :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm:(:substitute:)
:4gaw::popo:[New 3DS/Wii U] (:substitute:)(:4duckhunt:)
:4villager::4olimar::4alph::4wiifit::4littlemac:(:4shulk:)(:substitute:)
:4sonic::4megaman:(:substitute:):substitute:?
:substitute: are Newcomers
Cuts:
:4drmario::4lucina::4rob::4pacman:and:4mii: :4miibrawl::4miisword:and:4miigun:
Alts:
:4lucina::roypm:[:4marth:] :4drmario:[:4mario:] :younglinkmelee:[:4tlink:] Poo [:4ness:] Masked Man [:4lucas:]
Smash 6 Roster.png

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've been thinking about this and reading some other people's suggestions, and I think I'm gonna revise my original roster. This is a more updated and detailed list of whom I'd like to see in Smash.

This is based on an expansion of Smash 4's roster as opposed to an entirely new roster. There are a lot of newcomers and no cuts, and I've tried to bring back every character from the series. Characters here are divided up based on series. Some characters (e.g. Yoshi and Captain Toad) represent their own spin-off series and are counted separately.

Any characters not currently in the roster can be added as future DLC. To put that another way, if I think of any characters I want to add in future, I'll add them in under the pretense that they're DLC, mya ha ha~

Characters highlighted in white are veterans. Characters highlighted in yellow are newcomers. Characters highlighted in green are alts. Characters highlighted in red are unlockable.

Mario / Luigi / Peach (Daisy) / Bowser / Rosalina & Luma /
Bowser Jr (Koopalings) / Dr Mario (Dr Luigi)
Captain Toad (Toadette)
Yoshi (Birdo)
Wario (Waluigi) / Ashley

Donkey Kong / Diddy Kong / Dixie Kong / K. Rool (locked)
Link / Zelda (Hilda) / Sheik / Ganondorf / Toon Link (Young Link) / Impa
Pikachu (Pichu) / Charizard / Lucario / Greninja / Jigglypuff / Mewtwo
Kirby / King Dedede / Meta Knight / Bandana Dee
Samus / Zero Suit Samus / Ridley (locked)
Pit / Palutena / Dark Pit
Marth / Ike / Robin / Chrom (Lords) / Tiki (locked)

Fox / Falco / Wolf / Krystal
Ness (Ninten) / Lucas / Porky (locked)
Captain Falcon (Blood Falcon)
Olimar (Alph, Brittany, Charlie) / Louie (Mr President)

Villager / Tom Nook (Isabelle)
Little Mac
Shulk / Metal Face (locked)

Wii Fit Trainer
Chorus Kids
Isaac (Matthew)

Andy (COs)
Mallo
Wonder Red
Inkling

Ice Climbers / Mr Game & Watch / R.O.B. / Duck Hunt
Sonic / Mega Man / Pac Man / Snake / Professor Layton
Mii Brawler / Mii Swordfighter / Mii Gunner / Mii Wizard / Mii Thief
Peach

Daisy is an alt. All other properties remain the same.

Dr Mario

Docs's custom moves include new skills, including Viruses and an electrified cyclone. His essential size and fighting style remain the same. Dr Luigi is an alt. Final Smash remains the same.

Yoshi

Birdo is an alt. All other properties remain the same.

Wario

Wario's custom moves include new skills based on the Wario Land series, including shoulder bash and Wariomobile. Wario Waft is changed to Wario Blast, a bomb-based move which has the same effect. Waluigi is an alt. All other properties remain the same.

Zelda

Hilda is as an alt. All other properties remain the same.

Ganondorf

Ganondorf's moveset is changed to incorporate new skills, including Dead Man's Volley and a powerful ground pound. His essential size and fighting style remain the same. He has three alternate movesets based on physical power, magical power and weapon power. Final Smash remains the same.

Toon Link

Toon Link's custom moves include new skills, including Gust Jar, Mole Mitts, Deku Leaf and Skull Hammer. His essential size and fighting style remain the same. Young Link returns an alt. Final Smash remains the same.

Pikachu

Pichu returns as an alt. All other properties remain the same.

Dark Pit

Dark Pit's moveset is changed to incorporate new skills, including Dark Pit Staff, Pandora Claws, Ogre Club and Violet Palm. He is a little slower and stronger than Pit. His essential fighting style remains the same. Final Smash releases the Mirror of Truth to unleash a powerful blast of heavily flames.

Falco

Falco's customs include new skills, including a chargeable blaster and a land mine. He is slower and more durable than Fox and is now a more slow-paced, technical fighter. His essential fighting style remains the same. Final Smash allows him to briefly pilot the Arwing and fly around shooting lasers.

Wolf

Wolf's customs include new skills, including a bazooka and grenades. He is faster and stronger than he was in Brawl. His essential fighting style remains the same. Final Smash calls in Star Wolf to bombard the stage with the Wolfens' lasers and bombs.

Ness

Ninten appear as an alt. Other properties remain the same.

Lucas

Lucas's moveset is changed to incorporate new skills, including PK Love and PSI Shield. He is slower and stronger than he was in Brawl. His essential fighting style remains the same. Final Smash unleashes PK Love Ω to blast opponents away with powerful bursts of psychic fury.

Captain Falcon

Blood Falcon is now an alt. All other properties remain the same.

Olimar

Can now fight with winged pikmin and rock pikmin. Alph remains an alt, with Charlie and Brittany appearing as alts as well. Grab becomes his Up-B from Brawl in mid-air to act as a tether grab. All other properties remain the same.

Snake

Is a little bit faster and stronger than he was in Brawl. Naked Snake appears as an alt. Final Smash changes its appearance to Metal Gear REX or RAY at random, though its function is the same. All other properties are the same.

Captain Toad

The intrepid explorer represents his own spin-off series and is a weight-altering fighter with a unique mechanic, as his backpack weighs him down and makes him a heavy character, and he can remove equipment at will to lighten his load as he needs to. He fights with a pickaxe, mine cart, turnip cannon, jumping blocks, diamond tossing and his own backpack. Toadette is an alt. Final Smash summons Draggadon to shoot fireballs and cover the stage in lava.

Ashley

A newcomer from the Wario series, Ashley is a lightweight spellcaster with all manner of tricks up her witchy sleeve. er moves can leave lingering effects on the opponent such as poison and burn. She fights with hexes, potions, magical blasts and calling in Red to help her out. Final Smash opens up an occult tome that releases a wicked onslaught of spooky spells.

Dixie Kong

A Donkey Kong newcomer, she's similar in size and structure to Diddy, but a little slower and a little floatier. She fights with her prehensile hair, helicopter whirl, bubblegum gun and Animal Buddies. She can float down from the air after double-jumping with her hair. Final Smash summons her Animal Buddies to stampede across the stage.

K. Rool

Donkey Kong's eternal archenemy, he's a heavyweight fighter with a huge arsenal of tricks and gadgets. He fights with his blunderbuss, kannonballs, krown tossing, helicopter pack, shockwave slams and Kremling soldiers. His custom moves are all unique and he has a variety of alt costumes, including Kaptain, Baron and Krusha. Final Smash summons The Kredits to lure opponents off-screen for an instant KO.

Impa

A newcomer from the Legend of Zelda series, Impa is a speedy fighter who wields ninja tools and arts. She fights with the Lens of Truth, her ninja blade, throwing knives and shadow grenades. Appearance is based on a composite of Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors. Final Smash unleashes the Sheika Eye and slices through it, damaging opponents and briefly reducing their stats during its effect.

Bandana Dee

The Kirby series' fourth hero, he's a lightweight fighter who wields his trusty spear into battle. He fights with his spear and his fellow allies in King Dedede's army, including Gordo, Poppy Bros. Jr, Bronto Burt and Waddle Doo. Alternate costumes are different headgear, including a swimming cap with goggles and a parasol hat. Final Smash summons an army of Dedede's minions to cause chaos across the stage.

Ridley

The iconic villain of the Metroid series, Ridley is a heavyweight fighter that specialises in aerial combat. He has a flight meter that allows him to fly indefinitely while active, must be replenished gradually by remaining on solid ground. Stronger in the air, weaker on the ground. Fights with plasma breath, claws, talons and tail stinger. Meta Ridley is an alt. Final Smash transforms into Omega Ridley, briefly giving him unlimited flight and enhanced strength, speed, defense and power.

Chrom

Representing the Fire Emblem series and its lords, Chrom is a middleweight fighter who wields a sword and shield. He fights with his trusty sword, shield, class skills and physical strikes. Chrom is only the default option, as the Lords from Fire Emblem appear as alts, including Alm, Seliph, Leif, Roy, Eliwood, Eirika and Lucina. Final Smash summons the other Lords to team up and finish the opponent.

Tiki

A newcomer from the Fire Emblem series, Tiki is a middleweight fighter than can summon her Manakete spirit to fight alongside her, increasing her weight and strength and augmenting her skills. She fights with open-palm strikes and kicks in Human Form and flames, teeth, claws and talons in Manakete Form. Alt colours are based on other Manaketes in the series. Final Smash summons Naga to annihilate the opponent with divine flames.

Krystal

A newcomer from the Star Fox series, Krystal is a middleweight fighter that wields a staff and psychic powers. Fights with her staff in addition to psychic blasts, telepathic movement, teleportation and concussive waves. Her outfit from Adventures appears as an alt costume. Final Smash releases a powerful psychic crystal at the center of the stage that explodes after a few seconds for great damage and knockback.

Porky

The Mother series' recurring villain, Porky is a heavyweight fighter who appears in his cryo-bed mech from Mother 3. He is among the largest and heaviest fighters in the roster. He fights with bladed limbs, lasers, Porky bombs, stinky gas, Pig Mask Troopers and space-warping tiles. Final Smash summons Giygas to blast away opponents with a mind-shattering psychic burst.

Louie

A newcomer from the Pikmin series, Louie is a small heavyweight fighter that commands dweevils. Fights with fiery dweevil, caustic dweevil, anode dweevil, munge dweevil and volatile dweevil. Mr President of Hocotate Freight is an alt. Final Smash summons the Titan Dweevil to stamp across the stage, damaging and burying anybody it steps on.

Tom Nook

A newcomer from the Animal Crossing series, Tom Nook is a lightweight fighter who represents the townsfolk of the series. He fights with fruit, vegetables, repair tools and other townsfolk. Isabelle is an alt. Final Smash summons Kapp'n and Porter to drive across the stage in their welcoming train.

Metal Face

A villain newcomer from the Xenoblade series, Metal Face is a heavyweight fighter that wields his powerful mechanical form into battle. He fights with bladed claws, lasers, jet thrusters and slicing blows. For the purposes of Smash, he is shrunk down to average size and is fighting as a sentient Mechon. Final Smash summons his fellow Faced Mechon to devastate the stage with a powerful laser blast.

Chorus Kids

Representing the Rhythm Heaven series, these quirky kids are lightweight fighters with a rhythm-based fighting style. Their moves are slow and precise, but can be chained together with good timing to become bigger and stronger. They fight with their voices in addition to all manner of objects and items from their native series, including golf clubs, tennis racquets, trampolines and flying tiles. Final Smash is a rendition of the "Glee Club" minigame that releases a powerful sonic blast if it's timed correctly.

Isaac

Representing the Golden Sun series, Isaac is a middleweight fighter who wields Venus Psynergy for his moves. He fights with his sword in addition to a variety of Psynergy spells and each of his customs is unique. Matthew appears as an alt. Final Smash summons Judgement to lay waste to the stage with divine light.

Andy

Representing the Advance Wars series and its COs, Andy is a middleweight fighter who calls in his troops to help him in battle. He fights with infantry, tanks, helicopters, planes, battleships, submarines and structural elements such as cities and com towers. Andy is only the default option, as the COs from Advance Wars appear as alts, including Sami, Max, Jake, Rachel, Ed, O'Brien and Lyn. Final Smash calls in troops to advance towards the opponent's HQ, culminating in a devastating missile strike.

Mallo

Representing the Pullblox / Pushmo series, Mallo is a heavyweight fighter and the smallest of his kind in the roster. He is slow and study and uses blocks that he can push and pull to maneuver about the stage and defeat his opponents. He fights with his own body and his trusty puzzle blocks. Final Smash drops a series of blocks from above that form his face when they're put together.

Wonder Red

Representing The Wonderful 101, Wonder Red is a middleweight fighter who can charge his specials to make them bigger and stronger, but slower and heftier as a result. He fights with Unite Hand, Sword, Gun, Whip, Hammer, Claw, Bomb, Goggles, Drill, Bowgun, Unify Nagata and Boomerang. and all of his custom moves are unique. Alt colours are based on Wonder Blue, Green, Pink, Yellow, White, Black and Vorkken. Final Smash activates Unlimited Form, and while in Unlimited Form, his specials are at max size, in addition to possessing increased speed, strength, defense and power.

Inkling

Representing Splatoon, Inkling is a lightweight fighter that can splatter the stage with ink to increase their speed and strength. They fight with ink guns, grenades, bazookas and paint rollers and can transform into their squid form to leap through the skies and travel through ink. Male and female alts are available in different colours and styles. Final Smash summons two teams for an all-out ink-based turf war that covers the stage in ink.

Professor Layton

Representing the Professor Layton series, Layton is a heavyweight fighter whose slow, methodical fighting style is balanced out by his variety of gadgets and puzzles. He fights with his home-made weapons, including the slot machine gun, hang-glider, catapult and Laytonmobile. Alt colours are based on Luke, Flora, Emmy, Don Paolo, Chelmey, Grosky and Dmitri. Final Smash catches the opponent in a story sequence and blasts them away with a resounding puzzle-solving.

Mii Wizard

A new type of Mii that wields elemental magic and specialises in mid-range zoning skills. Final Smash summons stars from the sky, similar to Ness's Final Smash.

Mii Thief

A new type of Mii that wields tricky gadgets and specialises in confusing and outwitting others. Final Smash turns them into a super-thief with increased stats for a few seconds, similar to Wario's Final Smash.

Last edited:

OdangoKnight

Smash Cadet

Something like this, though the new upcoming games do look promising so they could maybe be shifted in. 60 spaces is pretty nice.

Edit: There will be edits.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Priority Veterans:
: Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Luigi, Falcon, Ness
Melee: Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Marth, Game & Watch, Ganondorf, Mewtwo
Brawl: Wario, Meta Knight, Pit, Snake, Diddy, Dedede, Olimar, Toon Link, ROB, Wolf, Sonic
SSB4: Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, One Mii, Palutena, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr.

Priority Newcomers:
Captain Toad, K. Rool, Impa, Ridley, Meowth, Isaac, Inkling, Wonder Red, Rayman

That makes 46 characters.

Lesser Priority Veterans:
: Jigglypuff
Melee: Ice Climbers, Falco, Sheik
Brawl: ZSS, Ike, Charizard, Lucario, Lucas
SSB4: WFT, Rosalina, Greninja, Robin, Shulk

Lesser Priority Newcomers:
Paper Mario, King Boo, Dixie, Tingle, Dark Samus, Kamek, Bandana Dee, Porky, Samurai Goroh, King Hippo, Captain Syrup, Hades, Mach Rider, Takamaru

From the lesser priority pool, one newcomer would be added per veteran so as to keep a balanced count for both. Roster count would ideally be 58-60, higher if possible. Candidates who missed out would become DLC.

Many veterans, semi-clones or otherwise, would be revamped to reflect their source material, starting immediately with Ganondorf. The heightened balance difficulties would be lessened by virtue of analyzing previous match-ups with veterans and making adjustments where needed.

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
@ Burruni Burruni
er, I don't think that's how you play the game. All you do is make a roster for an upcoming Smash. In other words, the roster you would make for "Smash 5", and only Smash 5. I think there was another thread that did stuff like the post you just did.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
So...I took a quick look at my old roster, and decided that there was a thing or two that could be changed.
I'll re-post my old one and add some changes, so that you don't have to bother looking at the old one. The ones in bold are the changes.

Starting Veterans:

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser:,:4dk::4diddy:,:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf:(revamped moveset),:4samus:,:4yoshi:,:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:,:4fox:,:4pikachu::4lucario::4greninja:,:4ness:,:4falcon:,:4marth:(:4lucina:):4robinf:(:4robinm:):4myfriends:,:4pit:(:4darkpit:):4palutena:,:4wario:,:4olimar:(:4alph:),:4villager:(:4villagerf:),:4littlemac:(:4wiremac:),:4shulk:,:4duckhunt:,:4sonic:,:4megaman:,:4pacman:,:4mii:=35(3 Alts)
Secret Veterans:
:rosalina::4bowserjr:(Koopalings),:4tlink::4sheik:(Impa),:4zss:,:4falco::wolf:,:4jigglypuff::4charizard::mewtwopm:,:lucas:,:popo:,:4gaw:,:4rob:,:4wiifit:(:4wiifitm:) =15
Almost all of the veterans from Smash 4 will be back, though Lucina and Pittoo will be alts of their originals, like they were originally intended to be. Wolf, Lucas, and ICs will come back from Brawl as well, with Wolf getting a new FS and Lucas getting one or two new specials(his FS can stay the same, as Ness's new one is pretty different from Brawl) Like stated above, Ganondorf will have a new moveset with him holding two swords like in WW and HW. He will only hold one sword at neutral, and then pull out his second one with certain attacks(So he can hold items and stuff alongside his two blades) All of the other veterans remain unchanged.(Dr. Mario has been removed as he would only fit here as an alt, but I've heard a number of people say that the Doc's importance lies in his Doctor Tornado, so he was held off)The only change I've made here is moving Ike up to Starter, but I'll explain that later.

As for new characters...
Isaac:Golden Sun is a popular franchise - I'd even argue that it's probably the last A-class Nintendo title that dosen't have a rep in Smash(excluding the likes of Brain Age and Art Academy), so while there may have been other franchises to rep this time, it's pretty much a shoo-in for the next game. Judging by how FE and Xeno went, the first protagonist is the best rep there is.

Ray:Custom Robo is a Nintendo exclusive franchise that had five games during its course of 1999-2007. Unfortunately there hasn't been a game for the last seven years, it was a pretty popular franchise in Japan for quite some time, and there is a lot of potential in moveset exploration. Oh, and a need for bad*** looking robots. Mega Man's pretty cool, but the original is more along the side of...cute.

Inkling:The no-brainer. There's no doubt that Splatoon is going to be the next big title for Nintendo platforms, and it would also fill the spot of the next-gen franchise rather perfectly. Oh yeah, female!

Ridley:If there's any time Metroid needs a new character, it's this. Metroid is a pretty popular franchise for sure, and while it may not have a big enough cast for more than four, we can at least have three. And I'm sure Ridley's the only viable choice here. Size dosen't matter, to me at least - Smash has never had the focus on staying true to canon. Rather...(looks at Ganon and Duck Hunt)quite the opposite can happen. And there isn't any other space dragons I know, so he really won't be taking anyone's spot.

Krystal:Star Fox is getting a new game next year(finally!) and I think that with a franchise so well known and longliving, it can have a new character, one that isn't a clone(Not that I think Wolf is a clone of Fox, he isn't, but he is at least based on him) and a character that uses a staff could be pretty interesting, and would a bring a different face of Star Fox into Smash.

New Pokemon rep / New Fire Emblem rep: I'm on the iffy side about these two. A new Pokemon rep is happening for sure, but I don't know if the Greninja route should be taken once again, or wait for fanpolls to arrive, and release it for DLC alongside the third edition. If there's a new FE game that isn't a sequel to Awakening or the Radiant series, and there's a prominant character that could be interesting, it could happen, but if such things don't happen, I would move Ike from secret to starter and stick Roy as a clone in secret.Yes, I am erasing both of these two. While a new FE/Pokemon character seemed like a good idea at the time, I'm reconsidering this. Fire Emblem already has a good cast with the first lord, the next most prominent lord, and the most prominent MyUnit...All with unique movesets too. I don't think there's really much room for a new FE rep, unless it's a clone. As for Pokemon, well, the current roster is pretty darn huge. All six have there own unique movesets, with all being rather hard to swap to somebody else. If the seventh gen is released two years or so before the next Smash, I'll reconsider, but for now, I'm keeping the roster the same.

Takamaru:So, we got rid of two character slots already. Do we have anybody able to seal the place? Well, since I hadn't put a retro slot in besides Hikari & Donbe(But those two are more closer to that of R.O.B. and Duck Hunt) so I thought maybe I could put in something from there? And then my attention turned to Takamaru, as he was pretty popular as a retro pick, and had a pretty good amount of cameos throughout Nintendo history. He isn't a bad choice moveset wise either.

Terra:Sega, Capcom, and Namco. Who's next? Personally, I think it's Square Enix. After all, Final Fantasy is one of the few franchises that managed to stay popular for over twenty years, and it's the most well known RPG too. And while a lot of popular FF titles are on other consoles, at least Square Enix releases remakes and spin-offs every now and then, unlike Konami. When I wondered who I'd pick I decided to stick with the most popular Nintendo FF, which would be FFVI. (I considered Mog for a while, but Terra has more access to a number of stuff anyway.) Let's have Giant of Babil(FF4) for a stage, Gilgamesh(FFV) for an assist,a number of songs from the 8-bit games, and we're good to go.If I was to pick a rep from Square Enix, then a FF rep would be a good choice, I still think so - the only problem is, none of the FF characters have achieved iconic status. All of the current third party reps are icons of their franchise-Terra isn't. I then thought of replacing her with Moggle or Chocobo, as they're the mascots of FF, but I'm not sure if they have that big of an impact. So, no Final Fantasy rep.

Slime:...Which is why instead we have our Dragon Quest rep. To be honest, Dragon Quest probably has a lot more importance to gaming overall than FF. It broke down the hard to understand role-playing games of old into something more light and enjoyable for the mass audience. It very well may be the father of JRPGs. Furthermore, Slime actually has iconic status despite being a grunt. True, it may not be as well known over here, but Sonic wasn't very known in Japan at the time, yet he made it in Brawl. So why can't the opposite happen?

8 reps7 reps
Paper Mario:Maybe it's a bit too quick, since Mario just got 2 newcomers last game, but Pokemon's getting seven reps with this roster, and Mario could have seven, you know? And when I wondered who I should choose, my thoughts focused on Paper Mario. Despite being 100% Mario in appearence, Paper Mario manages to have a vast ocean in moveset material, and is also probably the most popular Mario spinoff(excluding Mario Kart) that I know of.I hate to cut off one of my most wanted newcomers, but to be honest...I'm not sure if Paper Mario has that big of an iconic status. I still think Paper Mario is the most popular Mario spinoff (sans Mario Kart), but that's it. And well, he is another Mario in the end. I think at the least he has a great chance as DLC though.

Toad:The main reason why I cut Paper Mario. He is a Nintendo icon, for sure. In fact, he's probably the most known Nintendo icon that isn't yet playable, besides maybe Ridley. He does have a fair amount of moves up his sleeve. As for Peach's neutral B, replace it with Toadsworth. That's all that's needed to say.

Vaati:Zelda hasn't had a newcomer since Melee. That's two games away! Well this roster does declone Ganon, but I didn't think it was enough. So who should be the newcomer? Most people I know think of Impa or Vaati, and I chose to stick to the latter. I just think Vaati is more appealing, both moveset wise and visually wize. While Impa is a cool character on her own, I can't help but think she'd be pretty darn close to Sheik, a semi-clone at best. Besides, Vaati would give more representation to both the cartoony half of Zelda, and Zelda villians.

Waddle Dee(Bandana):Kirby can have a fourth rep. If FE can have four, than so can Kirby. Naturally, most people tend to look to Dee, so I did the same. ...We don't have a spear user in Smash yet, do we? Then we have our answer. (Personally, I like Dark Matter more...but Dee is more important to the franchise right now, so he can wait)

King K. Rool:DK needs a third rep. Not "can have", "needs". The only question is which to choose from:Dixie, or K.Rool. Well, although Dixie is more recent to the franchise right now, I can't help but feel that we would have our "three blue-haired swordsman" issue again. Unlike Chrom though, Dixie is actually important to the franchise itself and not just one game, so she would probably come eventually - but probably as a Lucas-clone of Diddy. With K.Rool, we could have a more fresh feeling to DK representation. And K.Rool is probably more important to DK than Dixie anyway, he's the main villian for a majority of the DK games.

Marshal:Anyone remember the Chorus Kids? You know, the one oddball from the infamous Gematsu leak? While that things been burnt to ashes, I managed to obtain a personal liking for a Rhythm Heaven rep in Smash Bros. Thing is, Chorus Kid's aren't exactly RH icons. They're only one minigame in a game full of lots of them, with the two other games not having them in. Marshal, however, could possibly become one. He's the most important character in Rhythm Heaven Fever(not that there's lots of them) and would be the best rep with an unique look too. He would pull out moves from othe minigames in RH, similiar to G&W and Pac-Man.

Lip:Dr. Mario actually dosen't rep Mario in Smash, he actually represents the puzzle game genre, perhaps one of the most oldest game genres to exist. Does it make you a little sad that such a grand genre is represented by a clone? If that's the case, here's Lip, Nintendo's very own puzzle game protagonist. Being female, unique appearence(Oh my gawd its a loli:troll:), Lip does have a possibility to be in Smash by being a character of similiar fashion to Duck Hunt, in that they don't only use moves from their own game, but related games as well. In Lip's case, Tetris and Yoshi's Cookie, Wario's Woods and Dr. Mario would be some good choices to pull out moves from.

Hikari&Donbei:Definately my hardest pick. Ever since Melee, Smash has had a "retro" character that was tied close to Nintendo roots, Game&Watch,R.O.B., Duck Hunt...I did some personal research on my own, and I decided to settle on Hikari&Donbei. Their game, Shin Onigashima, is Nintendo's first adventure game ever made...and is also a game by the man Shigeru Miyamoto too. The hardware that they originate from, the Famicon Disk System add-on, is an add-on that by no means can be overlooked. The first sequel to Super Mario, The first Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, and Castlevania was born on the Disk System. Also the Disk System was able rewrite game disks, something no other console has yet to achieve(though Satellaview came pretty close). Though it was never released outside of Japan, the Disk System is an important piece of Nintendo history that should be repped. And I decided that the best way to rep it would be to use characters from the oldest Nintendo adventure game. And the game itself is pretty popular anyway. Oh, and one more thing: repping ancient Japan, without using Ninjas or Samurais!!!

(7 reps)
Well, it's happening. For sure. Clones are a quick, cheap and easy way to put in some popular characters into Smash. Maybe it's because I've never really minded clones in the first place, but I think that making clones is a really good idea.
Roy=Marth clone
Felix=Isaac clone
Rahu=Ray clone
Viridi=Palutena clone
Louie=Olimar clone
Black Shadow=previous Ganondorf moveset

Roy is the reason why I moved Ike up to starter. I couldn't see 4 FE characters without one being a clone, and I thought, if were going to do a FE clone, why not use the one we already have? Thus why I moved Ike and put Roy in. I've also newly added Louie as an Olimar clone. I saw someone giving a neat idea of making Alph an easier version of Olimar aka Lucina, so I borrowed it slightly. I chose Louie instead of Alph, though. I thought he was more important to Pikmin overall when compared to Alph.
(6 clones)

In total...
70 playable characters. Two up from my old one apparently.

Banette

Smash Cadet
I think the goal of the Smash Bros. games is to represent the characters featured and the games they come from as accurately as possible. Characters are to be chosen in a way that captures "the feel" of the game, and experience learns that three characters are often the way to go for a series: a protagonist, and antagonist, and one more character that can play various roles, but most importantly adds something that the protagonist and antagonist do not provide.

Let's start with a minimal list: the more important series will see multiple characters make it into this section, but for most series only the protagonist/most important character is a "must". Although I start of from scratch to order my thoughts, I do expect to end up with a roster fairly similar to Smash 4's.
Mario Bros. series:
:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4peach:
Mario spinoff series:
:4dk::4wario::4yoshi:
The Legend of Zelda series:
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf:
Pokémon series:
:4pikachu::4charizard::150:
Retro series:
:4gaw::4duckhunt::4rob:
3rd Party series:
:4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:
Other series:
:4samus::4pit::4robinm::4kirby::4fox::4ness::4falcon::4miif:

For the Pokémon series I decided to use the anime as a guideline, and picked the three most popular choices - also Mewtwo functions decently as antagonist. The retro characters all represent multiple games of their time, a concept I greatly appreciate, as none of these games seems worthy of a rep by itself, and the list of third part characters seems perfect the way it is. Robin represents the concept of the Fire Emblem beter than the other Fire Emblem characters in my humble opinion, so he is included over Marth, and Ness is the protagonist of the only Mother title released worldwide, giving him an edge over Lucas (also he reminds us of Ninten). Miis play a large role in many recent Nintendo games, so it seems logical to me to keep them as an auto-include. This offers quite a complete list with only 27 characters.

To flesh out the roster, newer series see their protagonist/main character added to the list, and smaller series as well may receive more representation with the addition of a antagonist and/or supporting character. The larger series are obviously entitled to a larger number of characters, but apart from importance, whether these characters have something special to offer to this game or their own is an important criterium.
Mario Bros. series:
:047::4bowserjr::rosalina:(guess who the one with the mushroom on its head is)
Mario spinoff series:
:4diddy::160::124:(the large crocodile is supposed to be from the Donkey Kong series, and that blonde creature is what comes closest to a certain witch from Warioware)
The Legend of Zelda series:
:114::200:(no more riddles: these are supposed to be Skull Kid and Midna)
Pokémon series:
:4jigglypuff::4lucario:
Metroid series:
:4zss::142:(Ridley)
Kid Icarus series:
:4palutena::4darkpit:
Fire Emblem series:
:4marth::4myfriends:
Kirby series:
:4dedede::4metaknight:
Star Fox series:
:4falco::209:(I didn't want to use Brawl sprites, but there's no doubt that this is Wolf)
Mother series:
:104::221:(Lucas and Pokey/Porky)
Other series:
:4littlemac::122::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::224:(the Pokémon are Isaac and Inkling)

Although I had my doubts about Bowser Jr. and Rosalina, their uniqueness is their saving grace, and the same goes for Jigglypuff - the anime is again the most important guideline for choosing Pokémon characters. With Diddy Kong and King K. Rool, the Donkey Kong series is represented in a way similar to the major series, and Ashley is included because Wario, while a fantastic rep for Warioware, has the difficult task of also representing the Mario series and Wario Land; Ashley is Warioware and Warioware only - I'm not sure if she's the best character for this, but she is my choice of preference at least.

Ridley is the only character important enough to warrant a spot other than Samus, so the Metroid members listed are a maximum. For Kid Icarus Palutena is a definite inclusion if you ask me, but Dark Pit could be replaced by Medusa or Viridi for all I care. The same goes for Fire Emblem: Marth is a good choice I think, but Ike could be replaced by any of the returning/more unique characters. With three characters each, I feel the Kirby, Star Fox, and Mother series are fairly complete, especially in the case of Mother, where Porky connects the two protagonists - also Mewtwo is in the game to remind us of Giygas.

The other series' protagonists inclusion requires no explanation I think: they're here because they're from fairly popular albeit smaller franchises, or, in the case of Shulk and Inkling (Toad fits here as well), to promote the next big thing in Nintendo gaming. One change I should explain is the overhaul of the Zelda characters, but this is again an attempt to represent the franchise better: Skull Kid is a character that appears in multiple games, and it is implied that despite its different role in Majora's Mask, this Skull Kid is one and the same as the Skull Kid that guards the Master Sword. Skull Kid is a character with personality, and shines yet another light on the The Legend of Zelda series. For the case of Midna: she may only appear in one game, but in it she fills a major role. Add to this that she's certainly a fan favourite, as she's a character with a better explored backstory than most, and I believe she's worth adding.

Which brings us to 53 playable characters (9x6=54 for the character selection screen?); unfortunately some characters were cut in the process, and I should probably add an explanation for those.
  • Sheik: I believe that the only reason he appears in Smash Bros. is because Sheik is a transformation of Zelda, as Sheik appears in only one (canon) game, and did not nearly have the impact of other one-ofs. I don't see why he is to be included over characters like Tingle - because he's a bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom? It is implied that Midna is given the Triforce of Wisdom in Zelda: Twilight Princess, so that position is taken.
  • Toon Link: honestly I feel that one Link should be able to represent the bearer of the triforce of courage/the hero of legend, and including alternate versions over the wonderful character the series gave us (see Sheik above, Impa, Tingle, Ghirahim, Vaati, Zant, etc.) would be a shame. Lastly Young Link would probably be more unique than Toon Link, so if one of the two is included, it'd be him.
  • Greninja: representing the newest generation of Pokémon is cool and all, but that doesn't change that I cannot consider Greninja important enough. The new generation is all about Mega Evolution and introduced very few new Pokémon, so Charizard, Mewtwo, and Lucario represent it just fine.
  • Dr. Mario and Lucina: I didn't plan for the last minute clones, but that's not an oddity.

Now all there's left to do is make some moveset changes here and there (Ganondorf, Samus), and I think Nintendo is fairly well represented (not that Smash 4 didn't do a very good job already)! Unfortunately having lost both Greninja and Sheik, the game does not sport any of its cool ninjas anymore, but I think we'll manage :ohwell:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Every character returns bar Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu and young Link.
So that's 55 characters.
- Dark Pit would get different weapon types from Uprising like the Viridi Claws and Palm (he is a member of the FoN for now)
- Ganondorf would actually be Ganondorf
- Lucina get's Aether, Aegis and Galeforce skills as well as the use of lances alongside her Parallel Falchion.
- Dr Mario gets some Viruses to help him
- Toon Link uses Skull Hammer and Deku leaf.

Now for the newcomers.

1. Ridley - Long overdue character.
2. Metal Face - EXTREME XENOBLADE SPOILERS!
Mumkhar is playable and Metal Face is a Final Smash. He's the main antagonist for the largest portion of the game (as opposed to the other two who only get about a quarter each). why hello there Wolverine from UMvC3
3. Seven - Again Extreme Xenoblade spoilers!
Seven is the main catalyst for as to why Shulk and Reyn go on their journey. To avenge her death. Then they find out she's alive, inside of Face nemesis and has a God inside of her, Lady Meyneth. Two swords are better than one, especially with some drones
4. K Rool - also long overdue
5. Isaac - overdue
6. Black Shadow - Why hello there new owner of the captain falcon clone set. but with some differences such as using his horns to headbutt enemies.
7. Sceptile - we have a Fire type and a Water type starter. So why not complete the trinity? Also Gen 3 representation.
8. Wonder Red - Wonderful 101 deserves more attention. Smash is the best way. Look at what it did to FE and look at all the attention Xenoblade's getting now. Can make use of the other unite morphs and the Virgin Victory for the final smash (or his unlimited form).
9. Porky - Main antagonist of Mother 3 and also appeared in Earthbound as a traitorous swine. Spider Mech is the Final Smash and then he can use some gadgets to help him out.
10. One of the FE Manakete - A female character that uses dragons. Also an FE rep without a sword. Double the bonus.

That'll do for now.
Let's revise this seeing as all the cool kids are doing it.

Veterans and clone changes are the same as before.
Some additions include: Lucina has 8 Chrom skins. Robin as a result has Morgan help them in the Final Smash
- Roy has 8 Eliwood skins
- Dr Mario also gains 8 Dr Luigi skins
- Ganondorf needs some extra detail so - More like his HW counterpart
- Snake pilots REX for his FS

Newcomers:
Ridley - Main antagonist of Metroid series, extremely important, Sakurai's a hypocrite, size doesn't matter all that jazz.

K Rool - Main antagonist of DKC, great variety and plenty of personas to take from. Skins include: Baron K Roolenstein, Kaptain K Rool, Boxer outfit, Super Sluggers costume, Leatherhead colours and 2 other colour changes.

Isaac - Comes with a wide variety of his abilities from the Golden Sun series and has skins based off of Matthew and Felix.

Wonder Red - main protagonist of W101, skins would be based off of other team members and even have a Vorrken alt, uses other W100's for moves

Sceptile - Same as before.

Black Shadow - Same as before

Metal Face - Same as before

Fawful - M&L representation. uses his gadgets to help him out. Dark Star is final smash

Lincoln - Codename STEAM. Remember that E3 trailer? t finally happens.

Giegue - From Mother 1. The Final Smash is Giygas. Uses Inexplicable attacks.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I like to think that my choices include most of the big-hitters and still give way to some bold choices here and there.

[collapse="Definitely Returning Veterans"]Mario* (Final Smash is now Mega Mushroom)
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Rosalina
Bowser Jr.
Wario* (Moveset meant to closer homage to Wario Land in style of Project M)
Donkey Kong* (Final Smash can now have different songs, including Invincible Kong or DKC Theme)
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf* (Entirely revamped moveset using a Trident akin to that of Ocarina of Time's Phantom Ganon and other appearances of Ganon, same Final Smash)
Toon Link* (All special moves are unique from Link's aside from his Spin Attack being closer to a Hurricane Spin, Final Smash is now Ballad of Gales)
Samus* (Can now crawl via Morph Ball)
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Palutena
Marth
Ike
Robin
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff* (Final Smash is now Moonblast)
Mewtwo* (Revamps in almost every aspect of his moveset, Final Smash is Mega Mewtwo Y using Psystrike)
Greninja* (If existent, Greninja becomes Mega Greninja as he performs Night Slash)
R.O.B.
Ness
Lucas* (Final Smash is now PK Love)
Little Mac
Ice Climbers
Duck Hunt
Mr. Game & Watch
Captain Falcon
Wii Fit Trainer
Olimar* (Standard moves are closer to the ones he had in Brawl, alternate costume is now Louie instead of Alph)
Shulk
Villager
Mega Man
PAC-MAN
Sonic
Snake* (Mechanics to his Hand Grenade and Remote Missile changed, Side and Up Taunts are now different)
Mii Fighters* (All customs now share an equal pool amongst all Mii types, "Mii Mage" is an additional fourth Mii Fighter base)[/collapse]
[collapse="Definitely Added Newcomers"]King K. Rool [Donkey Kong] - Projectile-Heavy Heavyweight
Ridley [Metroid] - Aerial Grappler
Black Shadow* [F-Zero] - Sheer Power Semiclone (Ganondorf's previous moveset, Final Smash similar to Blue Falcon)
Isaac [Golden Sun] - Utility Swordsman
Lip [Panel de Pon] - Venomous Fighter (Lip's Stick is no longer an item, Kirby no longer can Stone transform into a Garbage Block)
Rhythm Heaven Character [Rhythm Heaven] - Rhythmic Fighter (Karate Joe, Chorus Kids, or Rhythm Wrestler)
Inkling [Splatoon] - Conditional Mobile Master[/collapse]
[collapse="Lower Priority or DLC Newcomers"]Paper Mario [Super Mario Bros.] - N/A
Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong] - Donkey/Diddy Semiclone
Tingle [The Legend of Zelda] - Confusion Fu
Bandana Waddle Dee [Kirby] - Anti-Aerialist
Mr. Resetti [Animal Crossing] - Muddy Mole with a Pickaxe
Andy [Advance Wars] - Base Builder & Unit Commander
Takamaru [The Mysterious Murasame Castle] - N/A
Chibi-Robo [Chibi-Robo] - Self-Buffer
Wonder Red [The Wonderful 101] - N/A[/collapse]

Exactly 70 characters! And as a wave of characters developed and released some time after the game's release...

[collapse="Additional DLC"]Dr. Mario
Young Link
Roy* (Final Smash resembling Ike's Great Aether rather than Critical Hit)
Lucina
Dark Pit* (All specials are now unique, Neutral Special uses Dark Pit Staff to fire a projectile instead of the Silver Bow)
Plusle & Minun (Pichu in style of Ice Climbers, Final Smash is a Volt Tackle where the player controls Plusle as Minun mirrors it on the opposite side of the screen)
Squirtle (Down Special is Rapid Spin, Final Smash is Hydro Pump in style of Triple Finish)
Ivysaur (Down Special is Leech Seed, Final Smash is Solar Beam in style of Triple Finish)
Alph (Can pluck Winged and Rock Pikmin instead of White and Purple Pikmin, Final Smash uses the S.S. Drake instead of the Hocotate Ship)
A Brand New Smash OC (Likely with an extremely close tie-in to the Hands and Master Core)[/collapse]

...We reach 80 characters exactly! Every veteran in the past is accounted for in either direct form or in way of a successor, and a majority of Nintendo IPs (besides Starfy, Custom Robo, Dillon's Rolling Western, and a plethora of other games that can find representation in the form of a stage or assist trophy) are all accounted for within the game's roster. I'd like to think that if there ever were to be a final Smash Bros., this would be the one to end on, considering how nobody is left behind, no matter how unimportant they might be.

Last edited:

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
I saw this and it looked cool...

SO HERE WE GO!!!

Not only would I choose the characters for a hypothetical Smash games, I would design the movesets and aesthetics to be like a nostalgic trip down memory lane.

Taunt cancelling and the air dodge mechanics from Melee would return. Tripping, custom moves (:4mii::4miif:excluded) and combo finishers on standard attacks (:4kirby:,:4gaw:,:4miibrawl:, etc.) would not.

I would make the game for Wii U and 3DS and somehow port it to Wii, Gamecube, and N64.
:mario64: Mario
He would most likely be similar to his Smash 4 incarnation.

:link64: Link
He would resemble his Melee incarnation, with the most significant change coming in the form of his standard attack hitting multiple times.

:dk64: Donkey Kong
He would be a hybrid between Melee and Smash 4, with the recovery and DSpecial airborne meteor of the latter and overall power of the former.

:kirby64: Kirby
He would be just like he was in Brawl with the exception of his Smash-4-esque SSpecial.

:samus64: Samus
She would be just like she was in Melee.

:falcon64: Captain Falcon
The good Captain returns just as he appeared in Melee except with the standard attack from Brawl.

:fox64: Fox
Fox returns to his Melee glory, what with shine-dashing and whatnot. (Just for future reference, I don't actually own SSB64, Melee, or Project M, but I have played Melee at friends' houses.)

:pikachu64: Pikachu
Apparently, Pikachu was top-tier in Smash 64. I googled some videos, and now here I am saying Pikachu will be like he was in SSB64.

:yoshi64: Yoshi
He would be like he was in Smash 4 except for his USpecial, which would recall Melee.

:bowsermelee: Bowser
He would be like he was in Melee except for his speed, which would be like Smash 4.

:ganondorfmelee: Ganondorf
The king of evil returns to his Project M form. (Insert MLG horns here.)

:marthmelee: Marth
This flamboyant swordsman returns to his Melee incarnation.

:gawmelee: Mr. Game & Watch
The 2-D enigma returns to his Brawl form, except a 1 on the SSpecial doesn't damage himself and deals no damage.

:peachmelee: Peach
She would be just like she was in Melee except when Toad counters, he physically hits instead of spewing magic from his face...

:dedede: King Dedede
He would be like he was in Brawl except for his SSpecial, which would be just like Smash 4 except the hammer itself deals more damage.

:diddy: Diddy Kong
The mini monkey returns to his Brawl incarnation.

:ike: Ike
The swordsman who fights for his friends fights like he did in Project M.

:lucario: Lucario
The aura master returns to his Smash 4 form.

:metaknight: Meta Knight
He returns to his Project M incarnation.

:olimar:/:4alph: Olimar/Alph
The mini captain returns to his Brawl form (except for his USpecial, which is like Smash 4 except it doesn't get weighed down for having more pikmin). Alph would return as a recolor.

:pit: Pit
The captain of the angelic guard returns to his Brawl form because I really don't like him in Smash 4.

:pt: Pokemon Trainer
All of the Pokemon break free from their Trainer and return to their Project M form except for Charizard, who uses his Smash 4 specials.

:rob: R.O.B.
The super fighting ROBot toy returns to his Project M incarnation.

:sheilda: Shielda
Technically two separate fighters, the two will be able to become each other again. They will both retain their Melee movesets other than their Smash 4 SSpecial.

:warioc: Wario
He would be just like he was in Project M but without those silly biker costumes. The biker costume would be the first thing to go.

:zerosuitsamus: Zero Suit Samus
She comes to the new game with her Smash 4 moveset.

:4duckhunt: Duck Hunt
No comparison to make, DSpecial, standard special, and all Smash attacks KO earlier.

:4littlemac: Little Mac
Better recovery. Like, a lot.

:4mii: Mii Fighters
The same as in Smash 4 (all moves automatically unlocked) except for the cut of equipment.

:4robinm: Robin
All moves are slightly faster as well as his/her run speed. DSpecial is now Bolganone, summoning fire from the ground right in front of him/her.

:rosalina: Rosalina and Luma
Recovers straight into the air instead of at an angle.

:4wiifit: Wii Fit Trainer
Slightly faster.

:4villager: Villager
New art to make him less creepy. That's about it.
Every 10 vs. matches unlocks a randomly selected character.

:ness64: Ness
The PSI powerhouse keeps his Melee moveset.

:jigglypuff64: Jigglypuff
The singing wonder is similar to Melee, but his DSpecial has the hitbox that it did in Smash 4.

:icsmelee: Ice Climbers
The deadly duo returns to their Melee forms except for Brawl chaingrabs.

:mewtwomelee: Mewtwo
OMG MEWTWO CONFIRMED!!!!1!!!!1!!!1!
Just like he was in Project M.

:4greninja: Greninja
More powerful FSmash.
:4shulk: Shulk
Just the same as in Smash 4.
:4palutena: Palutena
She would have a revamped moveset and would be slightly harder to launch.
The clones and half-clones would follow the same unlocking pattern as the unlockable veterans, except they would not unlock until the character they are cloning are available.
:luigi64: Luigi
He would be just like his Melee self.
:falcomelee: Falco
He would be as he was in Melee.
:pichumelee: Pichu
The mini-mouse would be a smaller and self-harming Pikachu.
:roymelee: Roy
His USpecial has fire. The tipper has fire. Just like Melee.
:younglinkmelee:/:toonlink: Young Link/Toon Link
These two would be recolors of each other, closely resembling Toon Link from Project M.
:drmario: Dr. Mario
The good Doctor would be a slower, more powerful Mario.
:lucas: Lucas
He would be just like he was in Brawl with just a few buffs overall.
:wolf: Wolf
He would retain his moveset from Project M.
:4lucina: Lucina
She would be a faster, slightly less powerful Marth with extra power at the tip of the sword. Also, she would be more like she was in Fire Emblem: Awakening in terms of personality.
:4darkpit: Dark Pit
He would be slower and more powerful than Pit, having Pit's Brawl SSpecial.
:snake: Snake
He would come out of the shadows with his moves from Project M and his weight from Brawl.
:sonic: Sanic the Hoghedge
Sanic would be just as he is in Smash 4 except for his DSmash, which he takes from Brawl.
:4megaman: Mega Man
The leaf shield would be more powerful and slower.
:4pacman: Pac-Man
He would be slightly faster. Also, his USpecial would be one trampoline and disappear immediately after Pac-Man uses it.
So you might have noticed that I have every character ever in Smash Bros. in this game. This is how I think it should be, but that doesn't mean we can't have...MOAR CHARACTERS!!!!!
Chrom (Fire Emblem)
Hybrid of Marth and Ike.

Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
Guns and stuff like that, plus, Bayonetta 2 (as you may already know) was for some reason a Wii U exclusive.

Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
He could throw his hat and use swift, effective punches and kicks. Kind of like R.O.B. and WFT in terms of unexpected characters.

Waluigi (Super Mario)
With all of the sports games and Mario Kart games, I'm sure that someone could make a moveset from that.

Blaziken (Pokemon)
Similar to Greninja, but with fire.

Cooking Mama (Cooking Mama)
Food-based moves and stuff, maybe hitting people with a frying pan or something.

Ridley (Metroid)
I don't know, make your own moveset.

Master Chief (Halo)
Very unlikely, but they could have guns and missiles and stuff, almost a half-clone of Snake.

Just Dance (Just Dance)
Miscellaneous avatars from Just Dance using hip checks and power disco and what not.

Owain (Fire Emblem)
My own personal bias, being kind of like :4miisword:'s Slash Launcher and jumping and using crazy-fast sword slashes because HE CAN'T CONTROL HIS HAND!!!!1!!!1!!!!!!1!!!11!
Hope you liked it because I spent 3 hours on this!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Hmm. Ok, I'll give it a shot.

Before I do, I should note that I would design all veteran fighters around their latest forms, for the most part anyway(not counting PM). Any changes will be noted by the character's icon.

Mario series:
:4mario:
:4luigi:I would at least give a bit more speed and distance to his Misfire, at most equivalent to his Misfire in SSBM. It seems too low nowadays. No other changes.
:4peach:
:4bowser:
:4bowserjr:
:rosalina:
:4drmario:At least a more suitable FS.

Yoshi series:
:4yoshi:

DK series:
:4dk:
:4diddy:

Metroid series:
:4samus:One would think that in terms of custom moves, there would be an Ice Beam in there somewhere. I mean, it's like her signature beam, or something. No other changes.
:4zss:

Star Fox series:
:4falco:New FS is all that is needed. Moveset is perfectly fine otherwise.
:wolf:Same as Falco.

PKMN series:
:4pikachu:
:4charizard:
:4lucario:
:4greninja:

LoZ series:
:4link:
:4zelda:
:4sheik:
:4ganondorf:More Ganondorf, less Falcondorf.
:4tlink:Hurricane Spin FS. Moveset is fine otherwise.

Kirby series:
:4kirby:
:4metaknight:
:4dedede:

Kid Icarus series:
:4pit:
:4palutena:
:4darkpit:I know he's a clone and all and that's fine, but he at least needs a different set of orbitars.

FE series:
:4marth:
:4myfriends:
:4robinm::4robinf:
:4lucina:Aether FS. That is all.

Retro series:
:4duckhunt:
:4rob:

Wario series:
:4wario::4wario2:Could use a modified version of his SSBB FSmash, but fine otherwise.

Mother/Earthbound:
:4ness:
:lucas:

Other series:
:4littlemac::4wiremac:
:4olimar::4alph:
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:
:4shulk:
:4villager::4villagerf:

3rd Party series
:4sonic:
:4megaman:
[/SPOILERS]

Newcomers:

Paper Mario: Definitely the most interesting form of Mario in my eyes. Would fight using Hammer and Jump attacks as well as Crystal Stars.

Dark Samus: The feared phazon-based doppelganger of the Metroid series. She is similar in form to Samus, but her movements and fighting style is anything but. Uses phazon-powered skills, like barriers, tackles, charge attacks, Boost Ball and the like.

Krystal: Our telepathic staff wielder. She would use close combat skills and magical powers akin to the way Fox did.

Impa: Her appearance in HW did wonders for her fighting style, I think.

Magnus: He would be the Kid Icarus series' heavy battler, utilizing his close combat moves as well as his huge club.

Isaac: His various Djinni can change the way he fights, either by altering his Earth Psynergy or giving him a different element entirely, and alter his stats as well.

3rd Party:
If Konami were to allow use of a character again, it should be someone from a series that is more associated with Nintendo, namely Castlevania. With that in mind, the series' most famous vampire hunter, Simon Belmont, should take the spot.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Starting Characters
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4samus::4pit::4palutena::4marth::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4pikachu::4lucario::4greninja::4littlemac::4ness::4villager::4olimar::4shulk::4mii:

Unlockable Characters
:rosalina::4bowserjr::4diddy::4sheik::4tlink::4zss::4myfriends::4falco::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4gaw::4duckhunt::4rob::4falcon::4wiifit::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina:

Personally, THAT is how I would have done to the current SSB4 roster.

These are my reasonings.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong are starters because they are the classic Mario Big Eight (Toad really should have been playable but I digress). Rosalina is unlockable because she's always unlockable in Mario games. Bowser Jr. and Diddy Kong are unlockable because they are sidekicks for Bowser and Donkey Kong.

Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are starters because they are the Triforce trio. Sheik and Toon Link are unlockable because they are alternate versions of Zelda and Link.

Samus is starter because she is the protagonist of Metroid series. Zero Suit Samus is unlockable because she is an alternate version of Samus.

Pit and Palutena are starters because they have Sakurai's bias and they promote Kid Icarus Uprising.

Marth and Robin (My Unit) are starters because they are protagonists in FE12 and FE13. Ike is unlockable because he is from an older game FE10.

Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight are starters because they are Sakurai's creations and promote Kirby Triple Deluxe and the upcoming Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

Fox is starter because he is the protagonist of Star Fox series. Falco is unlockable because he is a semi-clone.

Pikachu is starter because he is the mascot. Lucario and Greninja are starters because they are not 1st gen Pokemon. Charizard and Jigglypuff are unlockable because they are 1st gen Pokemon. They all promote Pokemon X & Y.

Ness is starter because he promotes EarthBound on VC which was a major event when it was first announced.

Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, and R.O.B. are unlockable because they are retro.

Little Mac is starter because he promotes Punch-Out!! (Wii version, coming to Wii U eShop).

Captain Falcon is unlockable because he haven't had a game in over 10 years and his VC games weren't major events.

Villager is starter because he promotes Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Olimar is starter because he promotes Pikmin 3.

Wii Fit Trainer is unlockable because she's unexpected even though she promotes Wii Fit U.

Shulk is starter because he promotes the upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are unlockable because they are last minute filler clones.

Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Sonic are unlockable because they are special guests.

Mii Fighters are starters because they are custom fighters.

Imagine the utter chaos if people found out via the ESRB leaks that not only is the Duck Hunt Dog in the game but also the Wii Fit Girl in the game... and they got in over Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo. :troll: And how butthurt people would get when they erroneously assume that Rosalina and Bowser Jr. are clones of Peach and Bowser and they are tagging along with Dr. Mario. :troll:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Veterans: :4mario::4luigi::4peach::rosalina::4bowser::4bowserjr::4dk::4diddy::4yoshi::4wario2::4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4pit::4palutena::popo::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4olimar::4fox::wolf::4falcon::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard::mewtwopm::4lucario::4greninja::4marth::4myfriends::4robinf::4ness::4rob::4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4villager::4wiifit::4shulk::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::snake::4mii: (47)

Newcomers: King K. Rool (Donkey Kong), Captain Syrup (Wario Land), Impa (Legend of Zelda), Tingle (Legend of Zelda/Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland), Dark Samus (Metroid), Ridley (Metroid), Krystal (StarFox), Anna (Fire Emblem), Porky (Mother/Earthbound), Bald Bull (Punch-Out/Arm Wrestling), Takamaru (Mystery of Murasame Castle), Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight), Lip (Panel de Pon), Ray (Custom Robo), Akari Hayami (180 Snowboarding), Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness), Andy (Advance Wars), Isaac (Golden Sun), Captain Rainbow, Dillon (Dillon’s Rolling Western), Wonder-Red (The Wonderful 101), Inkling (Splatoon), Crono (Chrono Trigger) [represents Square-Enix due to being sort of a collaboration between both before they actually merged…]
...and possibly trade one of them for Mini-Kangaroo (Nintendo Mini Game Series)
(23)

This, in fact, means 70 total, with a decent amount of variety and odd picks. I'm not going to do a huge post explaining everything right now, but maybe I will add to this later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom